3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community  

Go Back   3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community > Diet Central > Sugar Shakers

Sugar Shakers for followers of Sugar Busters and other GI based diets

Old 08-15-2009, 02:14 AM   #1

Height: 5'5"

Default Another sugarholic..

My name's Ashley and I'm a sugarholic, to the max. Within the past year, it's gotten completely out of control. At first I brushed it off as a sweet tooth, but I finally realized that it is a full-fledged addiction. I can't recall the last day that I went without eating ice cream, and that's no joke. Oftentimes I pick up cookie dough and convince myself I'll make it for my family but deep down I know that it's for me. I need help, big time. It's hard for me, especially when I have the support of my boyfriend who is constantly insisting that I'm perfect as I am.. of course, he was saying that 60 pounds ago. I need to get ahold of this addiction.

08/15/09
Mini-goal #1: 210
Mini-goal #2: 200
Mini-goal #3: 190
Mini-goal #4: 175
Mini-goal #5: 160
dollface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2009, 03:09 AM   #2

S/C/G: 145/119/120

Height: 5'2"

I am a sugar addict too. Not only I have constant sugar cravings, I can have huge amount of sweet items and still crave for more. I can easily gulp down 8-10 chocolate cookies and ask for more.

I too am having hard time controlling myself, but am trying to get up every time I fall and start afresh. The only good thing is that I can tolerate artificial sweeteners, and am trying to use them to subdue my sugar cravings.

I know I have to slowly get over this sugar addiction. Baby steps
healthyliving is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2009, 09:59 PM   #3
Keep on Swimming!

S/C/G: 293/See Ticker/Healthy

Height: 5'6"

I am new here and am entering my first day of no sugar. I worry too but as long as we have the positive support around us, we can do it! If you want a buddy, Im here! There are strength in numbers
Nursie2b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2009, 10:11 PM   #4

S/C/G: 185/183/130

Height: 5'3"

Dollface- I am a super sugar addict as well. I eat a lot of fruit and I still feel so deprived from sweets. Growing up my family called me the sugar queen.

Nursie2b- NO SUGAR?? Not even fruit and natural sugars?? I would die.
ajowens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2009, 01:31 AM   #5
Keep on Swimming!

S/C/G: 293/See Ticker/Healthy

Height: 5'6"

ajowens: I am cutting out refined sugar to see how my body feels. Someone had suggested it in a previous post and I thought I would try it.
Nursie2b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2009, 02:05 PM   #6
Skinnybound

S/C/G: 198

Height: 5'8"

Hey ladies...I too am totally addicted to sweets..been living on them for my whole life..now..I am trying to get my hypothyroidism under control and my sugar addiction halted.
FireKat13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2009, 09:56 PM   #7
Little One

S/C/G: 218/189/140

Height: 5'4'

I am going through the same thing. I am addicted to sugar in a bad, bad way. I go a day without something sweet and I feel sick. I get a terrible headache, and the shakes. Plus I am so tired and worn down all the time. I also have hypothyroidism. I am ready, and need to, get this under control!

"Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, though it may be necessary, from time to time, to give a stupid or misinformed beholder a black eye." - Miss Piggy
SweetCurves32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2009, 12:44 PM   #8
WannaBe Slim!

Hi ash, I'm a sugarholic too Trying hard to get sugar off my diet but its so freakin hard! I'm totally messed up!
fatkatie09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2009, 12:46 PM   #9
WannaBe Slim!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajowens View Post
Dollface- I am a super sugar addict as well. I eat a lot of fruit and I still feel so deprived from sweets. Growing up my family called me the sugar queen.

Nursie2b- NO SUGAR?? Not even fruit and natural sugars?? I would die.
Hey,

What fruits do you take? I mean I've heard that banana's not good, so is apple the only option available? Which ones do you take?
fatkatie09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2009, 06:41 PM   #10
Hot Tamale

Hey ladies- I'm a total sugarholic, loving chocolate milk and all things ice cream (and wine, eek!). Today I was good, I had a piece of bday cake a lunch (office party) and I went to get another piece but instead had some of the yogurt I brought as a snack.

katie & dollface- i eat an apply everyday, so hopefully they're still good.
RainSmile is offline   Reply With Quote