Sugar Shakers for followers of Sugar Busters and other GI based diets

View Poll Results: The 4th of July is now gone, so just how did you do with staying OP?
I stayed OP 100%, no cheating here! 6 18.75%
I cheated a little during one meal, then back on track for me! 5 15.63%
I cheated a lot during one meal, then back on track for me! 1 3.13%
I cheated the entire day, but next day, I was back on track! 1 3.13%
I cheated the 4th and at least 1 or more days to follow, but back on track now! 6 18.75%
I feel like road kill, the wagon went over me, but today, I'm back on track! 5 15.63%
Help, I've fallen and I can't get up! I need an appt. at the DD! 4 12.50%
I plead the 5th, I'm not confessing to anything, you can't make me! 1 3.13%
OP, I haven't been OP since before the 4th, but today, I vow to change that! 2 6.25%
I just started SB, so none of this stuff pertains to me! 1 3.13%
Voters: 32. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 07-13-2002, 03:36 AM   #151  

Hi all,

Well my excuse for exercising is over. When I got home from work today my husband had brought me a treadmill. So now all I have to do is go downstairs and use it. I worked out today!!! I plan to use it at least 4 times a week for starters.

Jack K- Thanks for the encouragement. If you can do it ,I can too. I plan to stick with this WOE for life!! How long did it take you to lose 80 lbs. No matter how long it takes I will make it to my goal.
I mean I have 80 more to go in addition to the 14 I have lost.

Quilter- I am so glad you and Kimmy had a ball. I look forward to seeing the pictures.
Old 07-13-2002, 09:36 AM   #152  

Mornin' y'all. Hope everyone is off to a great weekend. Don't have a lot planned for today. Just house cleaning. Dennis has gone to mow his aunt and uncle's yard and took Sarah with him. James is still snoozing and Maggie is whiney. I told her to get over it!!!! Two days staying OP has paid off. I'm down 2 lbs and hoping I can be good today. Seems I have more trouble staying OP when Dennis isn't here to police me.

To those with wallpapering experience.....The border we put up in the girls' room is coming loose. Any suggestions??? Of course, that was the expensive border. The cheap stuff we put up in James' room is perfect.

MERCY: Great news on getting a treadmill. Wish I had one too. Hope you like it.

DEB: Well, we're waiting on your decision......

ZANNE: Haven't had any dizziness. Hope you feel better.

Must go. Time to WATP
Old 07-13-2002, 10:40 AM   #153  

hey y'all. Took a break from my book to read the posts before they got out of hand. It's great, like all the others for those who like to read about this subject matter. I'm about a third of the way through it. It snuck up on us, my DS didn't know it was coming out either and I just heard or read one little blurb about it's release being July 2.

Got the closet pole and my clothes back up. DH and I found some 4" nails and hammered that sucker to the wood in the wall. It should hold now. :smile:

We've had some pretty strong storms rumbling through the last couple of days and we've lost some big limbs. They have broken, but are still hanging by the bark and other limbs. It's going to take some work to get them down. More thunder's in the distance this morning.

Back to my book ladies. Oh yeah, I was down 2 pounds on the scales this morning. I hope to be rid of these 160s very soon!

Jeanie
196/160/130
Poopsie Bubblekisser
Old 07-13-2002, 10:47 AM   #154  

Default Good Morning

Hi All! I am going to have a wonderful 100% OP Weekend full of cleaning and cleaning and more cleaning! Of course, I will throw in a movie with my friend, Serene....and I would like to go to the beach tonight if I can talk her into it - why can't we go to a club and order a diet soda??? I just want to be out there with other people - walking and enjoying people....

I am also going to the gym tomorrow to ride the bike for at least minimum 40 minutes. I have a goal set for the end of this month and I am going to do my best to reach it.....

Deb - My answer - call him..... Men don't think like us, and I am sure he loves you and misses you - but they just don't have that make up in them to do what we need or want all the time.... Sometimes they are just sooooooooo clueless....... As for capons, my parents would order a capon for Thanksgiving and make this wonderful chestnut dressing that was out of this world - good memories - my parents contributed to my love of food - they always cook together and I have an album of my childhood and they are always in the kitchen!!! Yet, they are thin and gorgeous....Mom said she saw a light coming from the woods in the back yard, went out to investigate and as the alien ship left she found me

Mercy - I AM SO JEALOUS!!!!!!!!!! A treadmill of your very own - You Go Girl - Walk Walk Walk off those pounds! I bet after a week or so you are going to be on such a high for losing weight because of this woe and adding the treadmill!!!!

Music - You might need to go get some wallpaper glue from Home Depot and just smear it on there - I don't know of anything else....
crazy glue? hahaha

Zanne - I never got dizzy, but I did get shaky one time, and I find myself just having these incredible withdrawals that wanted me to eat bread, rice, pasta, anything white and bad!!!! Maybe you need to drink some orange juice or eat some fruit -

Sef - You are inspiration to my getting my tush in gear and getting this house clean as well! Luckily the kitchen has been finished so it is just the rest of the nasty dirt that needs to go....

Jred - Hope your weather is not too miserable - we were supposed to have incredible storms today and tomorrow - but I woke up to sunshine, blue skies - I guess I was listening to the weather from your neck of the woods - hehehehe....

Got to get away from this machine and go fly!!! Bye y'all, Sabrina
Old 07-13-2002, 01:06 PM   #155  

Good morning!

All is quiet on the homefront so far. Thanks for the thoughts and prayers about my DS coming home yesterday. The ex-2-be went to shoot pool last night, and the DS was catching up with some friends. The least amount of time they are in the house together, the more peaceful things are.

Sef, I would still need someone to sit with me and actually show me how to crosss stitch. Once I am shown how to do something, then I usually can. The problem is if I have to figure it out for myself. Yes, I like my doctor too. The best thing I ever did for myself was to find an female Internal medicine M.D. She did tell me not to overdo the wine which is not a problem. One glass makes me sleepy anyway. Wish the margaritas had the same effect. If I just have one of those, then I want a few more. I will be staying away from those from now on though. I am hoping that being on SB has helped bring my cholesterol down, along with being on HRT. I've never had a problem with it before this year. Your chicken recipe sounds great. I will have to try it soon.
Oh, I enjoyed your Friday funnies. You must keep the dear souls in the NH very entertained.

Jack-K, do you know what is wrong with your puter? Too bad that you aren't able to get online over the weekend. It is nice that you are able to do so at work during the week. You are right, I am so ready for the ex-2-b, to be out of the house. I want our son at home as long as he needs to be. The ex-2-b just doesn't want any responsiblities these days as far as family goes. Yes, his room is in the garage which is basically fixed for use as a bedroom if needed. He is looking around for something to rent so hopefully, will find something soon that he can afford. I think he isn't in a hurry, partly because of the child support and alimony he knows he will have to pay eventually. He still supports the family right now and I can't really find a full time job until school starts next month. A lot of supervision is needed at home for the DS and DD right now.

Quilter, can't wait to hear about your adventures with KTK. I don't understand why it was such a big deal to take a picture in JJ's anyway? We have Panera Bread here too. Just curious, what did you have to eat there? Hope you have a nice cookout with the family. Do you have any brothers or sisters that live close by?

gracious, I found the WATP tapes at Target last night for a very reasonable price. They didn't have a set, however, and are sold individually for 6.99. I picked up one for Tranquil and will check it out to see which one I want at home. I'm feeling really guilty that I'm spending money every month on a gym membership that I haven't been using. My only excuse is laziness I guess. I Hope
your renovations are productive this weekend.

cherylco, sorry to hear about your CNSV problems. Is it under control now with the two years of heavy medication? My only experience with prednisone was that one of my greyhounds was on it for almost a year, due to having a tick disease that almost killed her. It caused her to gain a lot of weight. I've heard it effects animals just like humans. My weight loss has been fairly consistent. I guess it does depends on how closely the SB plan is followed. I started on the SB board on June 4th, at 224 lbs. and now weigh 216. I've averaged 1 1/2 to 2 lbs a week, depending on how many cheats I've had. The good thing is that I don't crave the sweets like I used to, and I was a big sweet eater! Hang in there and your cravings will probably subside also.

Rosalie, thanks for your good thoughts for my DS. I can tell that it must of helped since things went well.

Tranquil, thanks for your continued encouragement. It would be hard to do this WOE without you. The only movie I have for us to watch so far is the WATP tape. Does that sound exciting for a Saturday night? Ok, you can twist my arm about getting me to go to the beach tonight.

Mercy, how nice of your DH to buy you a treadmill!

Deb, I think I will just ditto Tranquil's answer regarding ELI.

Well, need to go work for a few hours. There is a new assistant manager at the Pet food store where I work as a Dog food Rep.
His name is Flavio and he is from Peru, and is quite a site to look at, isn't he Tranquil? Makes going to work quite pleasant!

Have a great Saturday everyone.

Take Care,
Wendy
Old 07-13-2002, 01:30 PM   #156  

Whew...just finished reading posts. I know about missing them. Just a quick note to thank the prayers out there. Peter weighed in at 212 this a.m. & I think he will stick it out a while longer. We just got back from the landfill & am now going to vacuum out & wash car, clean up garage & waterproof the new decking patch we finished.

Deb-I will post something on Monday. Promise.

Serene-I will pray for ds &dd. Teenage years are hard on us. I have a 17 yr old son & 12 year old son too. No fun sometimes.

Musicteach-congrats on the 2 lbs.
Old 07-13-2002, 01:52 PM   #157  

MUSIC: You can get wall paper paste at the store, and mix up just a bit of it, and put it under the loose parts with a spatula.
Old 07-13-2002, 04:15 PM   #158  
BIG ORANGE FOOTBALL RULES

Default SEND ELI PACKING???? SETTLE DOWN GIRLS~~~SHE'LL NEVER DO IT.....TRUST ME!!!!

GOOD LATE AFTERNOON EVERY BUDDY!!!

Don't y'all get your panties in a wad..DEBBIE is a little ball of fire...BUT she won't get rid of ELI....she knows he won't go far...it's not that bad of a drive from her house to mine...ALTHOUGH!!!!!...DEB...NO EXCUSE FOR HIS NOT CALLING YOU!!! I'll wish him a happy birthday just because......................... HAPPY BIRTHDAY ELI!!!!

Chin up girl...he'll be back soon...then, you can kick his arse yourself!!!

Gals...just wanted to stick my head in and say
It's been storming over here all day and looks like we're getting ready to have some more...
I've been watching THE LAST DON since 11 a.m. and I've got to fix get the steaks oiled up and the seasonings rubbed in, throw them on the grill...get those sweet potatoes cooked, eat, and get fluffed up in the bed by 7...THE NORTH AND SOUTH book II is on...

NO MOVIE REVIEW THIS WEEKEND...I'm saving up for my trip to my cousins...we have 7 days of movie watching to do...

HOpe everyone is having a good weekend...

BOB
Old 07-13-2002, 05:54 PM   #159  

Serene - Popcorn was my weakness. I used to LOVE popcorn (any kind) until I did weight watchers. When I got hungry, I would scarf down a whole bag of microwave popcorn. It's legal with WW as it's full of fiber, thus really low in points. I did it so much that I couldn't eat popcorn after that. But movie popcorn is a different issue, I think it's the grease and salt I crave. We rarely eat greasy food at home, and then when we do, it has bad consequences. We go to movies so infrequently now, I do have a small bag as a treat to myself. I notice that a little cheat now and then actually keeps me OP. It's like a pressure release, and I feel less resentful that I can't have what everyone else has.

Sef - It's hard for people to see the attraction to Arizona after being in lush verdant states (like Washington). Plus, the wide open spaces are disconcerting to a lot of people. I love the quiet, and the nights are so beautiful. Tucson has a limit to the number of lights that can be installed, due to the research telescopes on the mountains. The nice thing about that is that you get to see the most magnificent skies at night. Even in Casa Grande, we have beautiful starscapes, as the city is so small, that the city lights don't make an impact. Because the desert is so brown, you end up noticing the beauty of the saguaros and other cacti, especially when they blossom into a profusion of whites, yellows, and fuschias.

Jred & Beth - great pic. You guys look great!

Quilter - Ah, what can I say, I agree. Access 97 is horrible. Not only did I have an ancient version (the new version helped) but I finally decided I was wasting too much time trying to figure it out. The manual was all about how to program in Basic. It definitely wasn't a "Fill-in-the-blank for dummies" book. Anyway, a nice coworker said she had a database she designed with File-maker Pro. So, I gave her the basics, and off she went. I hope to have it on my computer by next week.

I wish my DH would give up Mt. Dew - he swims in the stuff. Although he now prefers Citra, but it's not available in a lot of places.

Ginger is supposed to be good for an upset stomach, either as a tea, or soup.

VA Bfly - I just use Ragu's NSA spaghetti sauce, and add italian herbs and garlic and onion seasoning for my pasta. WW pasta doesn't taste very different to me. I wouldn't suggest brown rice pasta, talk about eating soggy dough. Yeeeech!

Quivondra - I agree with you on the grease. I just get terrible heartburn when I consume it in great quantities. Luckily, we avoid most of the places that have greasy food.

Cherylco - I cut out soda a long time ago. It's amazing how much sugar is in those 15 Tablespoons! I do drink coffee for my caffeine fix, but I add Fructose. I don't like the artificial sweeteners, but a lot of people do. I do have Healthy Choice NSA ice cream every once in a while.

Happy Birthday Toni & Gracious!

Gracious & Sef - about looking younger. When I was 16, I worked at my mom's restaurant. One day a customer, looked hard at me and said "How old are you?". I said "16, why?" He was with some government job defending underage workers , and thought I was 13! He was going to turn in my parents! Well that was long ago, and now I don't even get carded. <Sigh>

Someone asked a while ago how to forgo that dessert when you're out to eat. Go ahead and get that forbidden food. THEN, log onto fitday.com, put in your daily intake. Add the forbidden food last. Look at the difference that one food made. I did that one day after having 2 beers and nachos at happy hour. That certainly made me think twice!

Fillise - Happy Anniversary!

Weight wise - I've been fluctuating between 126-129. Better than gaining!

Well, I got to page 7, and have to go now. See you all in next week!
Old 07-13-2002, 06:33 PM   #160  

Hi all

Just a quick post . So far I have spent the day cleaning, cleaning, and more cleaning. I tell you having 2 boys makes a lot of laundry.

I have had an OP day so far. I plan to walk this evening. For dinner I had a tossed salad with boiled shrimp. YUMMY! Not much to say. Have a nice weekend everyone!!!
Old 07-13-2002, 07:56 PM   #161  
SUPER CHICK aka Moderator

Good Saturday Evening All

Finally, the house is mine and all is quiet, so I have time to post before BB comes on.

I am soooo pooped! Not only did I go to sleep late, I slept so lousy last night, not even a late afternoon nap helped me. I think last night was the worst of the worst night sweats I've experienced yet. I can't believe how I could be so drenched, this is ridiculous. I swear, you'd think someone hosed me down in bed! I'm not liking this one bit

Well, I'm sure I've made some of you wonder what I finally did about calling Eli. I tried to call him last night, I kept getting a busy signal. Maybe this was a sign that I shouldn't call him. I still didn't know what I was going to say each time I dialed the number. I felt my BP was up every time I dialed, so maybe it wasn't meant to be that I spoke to him last night. When I woke up and checked the computer this morning there was a message from him, another voice message. Maybe he feels a little guilty? Maybe my short and curt e-mails may have let him know I'm not thrilled with his actions, or lack there of? Anyhow, I did try to call there once again later this afternoon when it was around 11pm there and still I could only get a busy signal. Not even sure if it's a true busy or just the connection. I guess it just wasn't meant to be.I

I went to a few garage sales today. There weren't many around because I think everyone has just assumed it will rain today, but luckily, it hasn't done so YET, so whoever had a garage sale today was spared. I found Lauren a black JAN SPORT backpack which looks like it was never used for $1.00, a brand new HOBO INTL. shoulder sling bag, still has tags for $1.00 as well. I bought some CD's to make some new walking/jogging music. I don't know much about them really, but for .75 cents a piece I took a shot. Got a back up Oskar food processor for $3.00, still in box, possibly used once. I work mine to the bone making hummus and it's about 20 years old, so I thought it was a good idea to get it Ummm, a few other odds and ends, nothing too exciting, really.

Another great day of eating today and if I had been well rested from sleep I would of felt great today. I'm hoping to get to bed at a decent hour tonight, hopefully gain some much needed beauty rest and get up and exercise tomorrow morning-praying there won't be rain tomorrow, at least not in the morning (27 days straight rain so far).

I loved all the Friday Funnies that were posted yesterday, good job gals. I actually had something to post as well, but will hold it til next week-have to clean it up in the sense that it has all these arrows in it and the program I use to do th at instantly is on the old computer.

I want to get a reply to everyone but I know I would be on here until the cows got home if I tried to go back that far. Hope you don't mind, but I'm starting anew, at least from my last post from last night. Hope you understand

ZANNE, it's very possible to get dizzy from detoxing. Headaches are the most common effect as well. As long as you know you are drinking enough water and eating enough and see no other reason then you are probably fine. If it persists though, that's when you may want to make sure it's nothing else. Can't always assume it's detox, but hopefully nothing more than that. Wish I could send you some of this rain-me and all of S. Fla wish it!

MERCY, did DH ask you if you wanted a TM, or did he just buy you one out of the goodness of his loving heart? I hope you enjoy using it, I'm sure the gals on the board can give you lots of tips on how to make it more enjoyable and not end up using it as a clothes rack I use to have one and gave it to my father umpteen years ago, but on days when it's raining I do wish I had one, otherwise, I love it outside. Seems you and TRANQUIL are suffering from the same sickness!!!!!!

MUSIC, CONGRATS, another 2lbs is great, you've been doing really well lately

JRED, CONGRATS to you as well on another 2lbs down-I'll be happy dancing for you when you hit the 150's!!!!

TRANQUIL, could you please save some of that cleaning energy for when you come visit? I thought I'd get the house all clean while ELI's gone-not happening. I think I'm rebeling! Ummm, maybe we should save this capon until you come down? Nah, I think we'll be eating other stuff. I won't know which place to take you first, but if BOB comes down I know SHORTY'S will be on her wish list. Oh, and the alien story, I believe it, no normal human would rejoice in cleaning so much

SERENE, how was the visit to Flavio? Does he look anything like FABIO? Hey, whether ELI has the party that weekend of the 2nd of August or not, do you and TRANQUIL just want to make definte plans to come down? I hate leaving things up in the arm, or dependent on someone else's plans. Are you able to take the day off and come in early on Friday? Let me know, I have to start cleaning now in hopes you'll be able to make it through the front door

BOB, see above, what do you think? Slumber party weekend of August 2nd? Kick his arse, I thought I'd shove my foot up there, but then, ick, gawd knows what will end up underneath my toe nails!

FLY, landfill? Do you mean dump? Sounds fun! LOL!! Can't see what you muster up for Monday's MM posting

FYI, I called NANCE twice already, once she couldn't talk because she was making dinner Faris told me, last night she was out to dinner-hopefully she'll scan the board and see that SHE BETTER POST!!!!!

Got an e-mail from VES, she's in a show for her pottery this Wednesday. She's been busy with that and having her Mom here from Slovania, but I know she'll be back with us soon.

Okay gals, I'm outta here for now. Will check back later before I hit the hay.

Hope your weekend is going well and that you are having a wonderful OP weekend as well.

Toodles

Debbie
194/12?/129
SB since 3/22/00
Reached goal 6/10/01
Old 07-13-2002, 11:39 PM   #162  

Default Saturday . . . almost Sunday

Hi Friends! It's late, but I just wanted to check in and let you know that the first official deck party went really well. I fixed good food and there were only a few things that were not legal and I did manage to steer clear of those selections. Everyone had a nice time. My SIL has a birthday on Monday so we celebrated it tonight. She's also very pregnant, only 9 more weeks to go. We decided to give her a family shower the middle of April.

Anyways, I just wanted to let you all know where I've been all day. I left all the cleaning til today (dumb!) and then had to get the food ready. Want to know something funny? On two different occasions, I have made a legal dessert (cantelooupe, blueberries and mangos) so that I would have something when everyone else is eating ice cream. It's funny how many people choose the fruit. Some had cake, ice cream and fruit. But they still had the fruit. I don't even want the cake and ice cream. There was a bit of cake left and I was boxing it up for our nephew and I got icing on my finger. Well, my finger automatically went into my mouth. I swear to you it was an unconscience move. As soon as I tasted that sugar on my tongue, my eyes popped open and I said, I'm not supposed to have this. I ran to the sink and scraped the stuff off my tongue and try to spit what was left away. I didn't want the sugar feedback to happen.

Okay, my eyes are getting sleepy. I'll catch you all later. Tomorrow is my day to do what I want. Hope you all are having a fabulous weekend!

Kim
Old 07-14-2002, 07:11 AM   #163  

Good Sunday Morning Everyone

Thought I'd get on BEFORE I go out for my walk, as I haven't actually woken up yet, still tired and drousy.

Got another short voice mail from ELI. I think he's probably worrying on how pissed I am-he can tell from the short, curt e-mails I've sent to him, very unlike me he knows. Didn't tell him that I tried calling him numerous times, so I'm sure he's wondering. Have 5 days to go before he comes home. For anyone who knows us, we never fight, not that I anticipate one when he comes home, more like a discussion to let him know how disgusted I was that he could go 5 days without hearing from him-I don't think it's right and he knows how I feel about things like that. I always ask for the courtesy of a phone call if someone is going to be late, etc. and this falls under that. I don't think it's unreasonable. When I go away I make sure to call him every opportunity I get. He knows how staying in touch is important to me-geez, I don't ask for much to make me happy! I guess we'll see what happens.

TRANQUIL & SERENE, good talking to you both last night! Hope you had fun out on the town-wish we lived closer, I could see where we could get in to some serious trouble together! I guess we'll have to do that when you come down BOB has been notified about the date and will see if she can make it that weekend as well.

OPEN INVITATION Anyone want to come for a sleep over August 2nd, you're more than welcome to join us at the DETOX DUNGEON, I mean, my humble abode!

BOB, shhh, those 2 broads have fallen right into my trap! They think they are coming down to go shopping, eat some good food,
meet the kids. Little do they know what really lurks in the dark corners of the dungeon. Once I put you back into your DD
trance-like state you'll be able to assist me! There's 2 of them and my powers may not hold tight with 2, so I need a back up!

QUILTER, I just had a vision of you looking like when you got a taste of that icing. Funny how something so simple like that, something we've all done a million times and never thought about doing it twice now makes you really think. It's wonderful! You are conscience about what you are eating and what you are putting in your mouth-that's a big part of what's going to make you successful on this WOE, being aware. Did you print out the MM I sent you? I'm posting that one tomorrow

Okay, I'm going to go brush my teeth, get dressed and go out for my walk (hopefully). I haven't looked out the window to see the weather, but I don't HEAR any rain, so I'm hoping it just holds out so I can go out and walk as it's inevitable that it will rain today, and tomorrow, and the next day, etc. etc.

Please remember the task I've asked you all to do for tomorrow's MOTIVATIONAL MONDAY! If you didn't get an e-mail from me, or didn't read the board from a few days ago, I've asked everyone to find a MM item they find inspiring that they read while on this WOE, something that you might refer to when you are having a tough time. It can be a simple one-line quote, any of the old MM postings from the past that you may of printed out and read over and over for inspiration, a story, anything of the sort. As nothing on the board is mandatory, this is the same, but I hope that everyone can contribute something to this project come tomorrow, I think it would be great to read what everyone finds inspirational when it comes to SB.

I hope you all have a wonderful Sunday.

Debbie
194/12?/129
SB since 3/22/00
Reached goal 6/10/01
Old 07-14-2002, 09:56 AM   #164  

Gosh, where is everyone? Are you all a bunch of lazy bums sleeping in today?

Got in my walk/jog. Got a bit sidetracked so didn't get out til after 8:30am - it's brutal out there, so hot! Took me 51:25 to get in my 4.5 miles. Today for some reason there were some fine looking gentlemen who passed me on my route, men I'd never seen before-a pleasant change of scenery I must say

Okay, I'm outta here, not sure what my plans are for the day today, try to exchange a pair of shoes. I got 7's instead of 7 1/2 and want to find them in the bigger size if possible.

Toodles!

Debbie
194/126/129
SB since 3/22/00
Reached goal 6/10/01
Old 07-14-2002, 10:09 AM   #165  

HAPPY BIRTHDAY ROSALIE!!!!!!!!!!

Closed Thread