Sugar Shakers for followers of Sugar Busters and other GI based diets

View Poll Results: Have you ever been on public or cable TV?
Yes, on the news (Local or National) 8 21.62%
Yes, on a talk show (Springer, Oprah) 1 2.70%
Yes, on a game show (Price is Right, WOF, Survivor) 0 0%
Yes, on a reality show (20/20, Prime Time, Antiques Road Show) 0 0%
Yes, as an actor with a speaking part in a show (Series, Soap Opera, etc) 0 0%
Yes, but as an extra, in the background (no speaking part) 1 2.70%
Yes, on the Playboy Channel (please explain!) 0 0%
Yes, on a talent show (Star Search, Gong Show) 0 0%
Yes, but something you failed to cover above 4 10.81%
No, I have yet to be discovered!!! 23 62.16%
Voters: 37. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 07-03-2002, 02:31 PM   #61  

Thumbs up Happy WIW

Well I knew it, just knew it, does not surprise me!!! I gained - woke up with tummy swollen, belly cramps, and TOM in full blast - and I gained!!!! I was 249.5!! AHHHHH!!!!! HAAAAAHHHH bOO hoo - but I won't let it stop me! Just got back from the gym and saw my personal trainer, though did not work with him, he said he was proud of my dedication and that he was impressed. So I am a little cocky today - hehehe

Jack-K - You are just wonderful - definitely dedicated as well and doing so well - WOW 77 Pounds, You lost that 10 year old kid you were carrying around, and now you only have to lose a 1 year old toddler! yes, I am Kookie!!!

Toni - I am doing the happy dance for you too!!! WOW - that is great - you will love the squash casserole, I did!!!! Yummy!!! Was wondering where you had gone to!!!

ChrisB - Congrats on the wonderful weight loss, and welcome to the world of obsessive weighing - it is a lot of fun

Fly - Good for you turning down the chocolate syrup! Wishing you a loss next WIW!!!

Gracious - Oh my gosh, that is so awful about the a/c not fitting! Oh maybe someone will feel pity for you all and give you one that fits - I hope you have plenty of fans as well.... well, you will sweat the pounds off if this summer is as hot for you as it is here!

JRed - I am right there with you over the buildings in Charleston. I can spend hours and hours, walking down one street after another there and looking at the homes, buildings, peeking into the gated courtyards - I love it there!!! Absolutely!!!

Quilter - It was great chatting with you last night!!! You are a hoot! Sorry the scale was not nice to you - I guess our scales both come from the same litter - the mean ones! hehehehe

Mercy - It was nice chatting with you last night as well - hope WIW was good for you!

Country - Where are you today? Did you weigh in? I was glad that I got on the chat last night and could say hello to you too!
Don't forget to post your recipe, please.

Melf - Where are you!!!!

Kimmy - You broke my heart about your heartache with your best day being your worst - that is a heartwrenching loss! Sorry you had trouble with your computer.

Sef - I wish I could help you get into the chat!!!! Could it be some kind of setting that you need to change? Can you write the help board for 3 Fat Chicks...maybe they can suggest something?

Bob - Hope you are getting even better today! You need to get well so we can meet and have fun!!!

SolShine - I sure hope that the puppy does not have mange...poor you and your pocketbook.

Serene - Thank YOU!!! She brought me a salad for lunch today at work because I used up all my time for working out and forgot my packed lunch at home - and my snack stuff is all gone - she went out and got me a salad - so that I would not go off program! She is a good friend!

Well, I better get a move on...Hope all have a good OP day -

Sabrina
272/249.5/157
Old 07-03-2002, 04:19 PM   #62  
Little Engine That Could

Gracious--the Maritime Alps are the low mountains/hills north of Nice. We will be staying in a house in a small village near Grasse, which is the perfume capital of France.
Old 07-03-2002, 04:45 PM   #63  

Hi ladies,

Still keeping up with my daily 3 mile walk, but like someone's siggy quote says,and I'll paraphrase, "You can exercise till the cows come home, but unless you eat right, you'll still look like a cow coming home" I am struggling with the eating right....but NOT giving up.

I went and saw the Divine Secrets of the YaYa Sisterhood and I loved it. My book group adores this book and we certainly liked the movie. too.

TV-I used to do The FIRM videos. I'm in a different exercise mode right now. I like them a lot and found them to be quite effective. I have quite a selection of them.

Kim-So sorry to hear about your brother.

Sounds like there were a few gains and some good losses. I'm staying off the scale this week due to TOM. I don't need mind games right now. I'll be jumping on it next wiw.

Have a happy fourth!
Old 07-03-2002, 04:53 PM   #64  

S/C/G: 257/169/155

Height: 5'6"

Toni, Just time for aquick post, Great going on the 3 lbs. We are neck and neck. I am 1 # away from that new number. I want to be at 175 by 7-31-02. Good luck.
Old 07-03-2002, 05:09 PM   #65  

Well, I stepped on the scale this morning, didn't like what I saw, so I got on it again, and again and again. Backwards, forwards, sideways, every which way I could think of and still no change. I am up 1/2 lb. Just a few days ago I was showing a 1 1/2 lb loss, so I sure can't figure out what has happened. I have been eating OP and I no longer have TOM due to early onset of menopause, so I can't blame it him. Very frustrating!! Guess, I will try not to let this discourage me and hope the scale is nicer next week.

I am working in the yard today and still have lots to do before dark. Sure is hot out there in that Florida sun. I will get back on later and reply to posts.

Hope everyone is having a good day!

Take care,
Wendy
Old 07-03-2002, 05:23 PM   #66  
SUPER CHICK aka Moderator

Hey All

This is a quickie! I got access to a laptop and was 45 minutes into a post and got locked up and lost it all! I have copied all the posts since I posted my last post and will try my best to get caught up somewhat off line. Not sure if I will be able to get back on tonight or not, but I'll try.

Modem got fried last night!!!

I'll be back!!!!

{{HUGS}}

Deb
Old 07-03-2002, 05:53 PM   #67  

Hi everyone

Well, the scale was good to me this morning. I weighed in at 197.5 on the digital scale which is a couple of pounds less than last week and my lowest weight since starting sb. I only hope it's not a one day affair and that it doesn't creep up again tomorrow.

I've had a good eating day so far. I had a grilled cheese sandwich on multi-grain rye bread for breakfast with some coleslaw and some leftover chicken and salsa, corned beef, and salad for lunch. I had some trail mix, mainly nuts, for a snack and have just had some canned peaches and a small piece of cheese. I'm going to do chicken parmagiani with some green peas for dinner. And probably a salad as well. I'm cooking ww macaroni with a meat/tomato sauce for my ds. We usually eat the same thing but I'm trying to have starchy carbs only in the morning. Even tho it is extra work cooking to-day it will make a couple of quick meals as I will be freezing whatever is left over.

Kimmy - That was so sad to hear about what happened to your brother.

Solshine - Sorry to hear about the problems you are having with your new puppy. Hope you can get some satisfaction from the breeder.

Gracious - Glad you are enjoying the exercise video. You were lucky to find them in the store. When I bought mine I had to order it on-line as there was nothing like it in the stores here. Which Superstore were you talking about. Is it a Loblaw's? I would be interested to know how the one mile compares to the 2 mile. I am just wondering how different it might be. The 2 mile does give you a good workout but it is also fine to just do as much or as little as you want. I haven't tried using weights with it. I may give it a try next time. I have a couple of 2 and 5 pound weights. Sorry to hear that your a/c won't for in your new windows. If you have it as hot as we have it here you certainly need it. It was 37C/98F when I was out this afternoon. And that's not counting the humidity.

Deb - SIX AND A HALF MILES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Wow. Tha must be your best yet. WTG. Hope you are feeling better to-day. You are spending much too much time bent over that porcelain bowl.

Sef - The ww semolina would be legal - that's what ww pasta is made from - but I just can't find any in the stores. I would think the regular semolina would be o.k. in moderation. We'll see what the DM has to say. The sb book does say it is o.k. but so much in there is contradictory. I did a search of the net to-day and only found a couple of places that had it. One was Ansonmills.com (US) and the other was a Canadian site. I e-mailed them to see if it is available in retail stores. Maybe they only sell it to pasta makers.

Fillise - HAPPY BIRTHDAY MISS BELLE.

Times running out and I haven't even got to to-day's posts yet. Have to get dinner ready. Going out to badminton again this evening. Went for a swim this afternoon.

Bye for now.

Marie.
Old 07-03-2002, 08:13 PM   #68  

TONI- You are doing wonderful, congratulations on the 3 pounds!!

GATORGAL- I am so glad I asked! What a wonderful sounding destination you are headed for. You will have to laugh at me and my geography because when you said *French Maritimes* I am like, okay, out here in East Canada which is called the Maritimes where I recently moved which has a good population of French. It was the Alps part that threw me off but then I wondered about our apalation (sp?) mountains which we have here too. Oh well..wonder if everyone else knew where you meant or if I was the only turkey. Keep going on those French lessons. I took 10 years of French through school and I can just barely get by in a shallow conversation.

DEBELLI- My sympathies are with you and your modem. I know that must drive you nuts because you are away from the board.

ROSALIE- It was over 35 here today and they say over 40 with the humidex. Crazy!! I will let you know what I think of the comparison of the 2 videos once I do them both. Yes, it is the SuperStore/Loblaws store. They are selling all 3 separate here in NB and in PEI so they must have them there too.

TRANQUIL- I think dedication is most of the battle won, so keep going! Our friend who helped do all the work on our house will fix us up and maybe even soon if he feels sorry enough for us! He has done so much for us though that I won't ask him, he will have to offer. They are building a deck on the front of our house this weekend!

Okay..gotta run. Was just checking in since hubby is out tonight. He should be back soon so I better look like I am doing something useful!
Old 07-03-2002, 09:04 PM   #69  

Hi again

Jack-K - Congrats on reaching your mini-goal. Just think, you are more than two thirds of the way to goal.

Quilter - Don't worry about that shaky needle. As long as you are feeling good and know you are eating healthily you know those pounds will drop again. And who knows what it will be after dookie.

JRed - Sounds like you had a great time stocking up. Hope they don't charge you too much for excess baggage.

Gracious - One pound in one day is fine. Take every little bit you can.

VAbutterfly - Glad you were able to resist the choc syrup. I think Diet Rite is the one made with splenda. If it is then it is o.k.

ChrisB - Enjoy your new scale but don't drive yourself nuts with it like some of us. Congrats on the new lower number.

Toni48 - Congrats on your loss this week.

Tranquil - I'm sure the gain is due to TOM but it is too bad it has to happen on WIW. You must be working hard at the gym to have the trainer so impressed. Congrats.

Serene - Don't be too disheartened about gaining 1/2 pound since a few days ago. That needle on the scale is always going to fluctuate but you still have lost one pound since last week. Think positive.

BOB - Hi.

I think I have caught up at last. Hope I haven't missed anyone.

Marie.
Old 07-03-2002, 09:17 PM   #70  

To everyone south of the border:

HAPPY INDEPENDENCE DAY

Have a safe and pleasant holiday.

Marie.
Old 07-03-2002, 09:27 PM   #71  

Good evening everyone. Came back to check on you all... Made the squash casserole and it was good. I'm going to wrap it up in serving sizes and freeze it so I can get some out at a time....

jred-Congradulations on the two lbs... good for you...Sounds like you had a great shopping trip with lots to bring home...

gracious-A lb. is good... And I'm sure with that walk away video you'll have a great one next week...Thank you for the encouragement...

VAbutterfly- Those cravings will go away for sure... Good job resisting the chocolate syrup!

Chris- Yea for the scale and boy are you doing great thats allot of weight off since May. You should sure make your goal by Oct...

Tranquil- Oh you'll do better next week for sure. The bloat will be gone and with your personal trainer you're on your way.....

gymnut56- Hang in there you'll get it right yet.... And with the 3 mile walks you'll lose like crazy when you get it together. Don't give up....

Jack-k- Yep we're neck and neck... You can hit that goal I know you can!!!!

Serene-Your body may be readjusting so don't get discouraged it should be better next week...

Debilli- Looks like your computer is giving you fits...

Rosealie-Hurrah for you!! Two lbs and your lowest weight. Bet thats such a good feeling...

Guess I'll finish up here and go watch t.v. Have a good evening everyone...

213/177/130
Old 07-03-2002, 11:12 PM   #72  

Default Wednesday night!

Hello All! So sorry I am so late tonight. We decided to get that second coat of paint on the kitchen. And I am so glad we did. It really looks nice. I love the color. Can’t wait to get some accent stuff like curtains to really bring out that great color. Tomorrow we are getting up early (Home Depot and Lowes open at 6 a.m.) to look for flooring and new light fixtures for the kitchen. Plus I want to get some new plates for the outlets and switches. You know . . . stuff like that.

I’ve been on plan again today. But supper wasn’t very nutritious. Just some Special K. I can’t wait until the kitchen is back to proper working order so we can really cook.

SEF---Thanks for sharing about good old Jack. That’s so cool. Nobody famous came from my tiny town. You are smart to hold onto your yearbook. Sorry you couldn’t get into the chat. You missed a good one!

KIMMYTK---What an enormous tragedy for you to lose your brother at such a young age. You had me crying, girl. Thanks for sharing with us. congrats for being below your goal weight. Keep it up!!! Great to know that it can be done.

JACK-K---Congrats on making your mini goal!!!!! HOW GREAT FOR YOU!!!! You must be feeling so wonderful that you are working hard and getting what you want. Keep talking about your workout schedule. You are encouraging me to get back on my TM and burn some rubber.

JRED---I’ll bet that nasty plateau you were on has finally decided to hit the road. Congrats for sticking with it and outlasting the stall. That’s good to hear that those plateaus do leave. Way cool for you!!!

GRACIOUS---Keep looking ahead. If you didn’t like this WIW, well there’s always next WIW. I’m with you, because I wasn’t a happy camper this morning either. So you and I will keep focused on the future and not get stuck with a minor disappointment today. Plus . . . you have an excuse with your vacation. I love Leslie Sansone. I have three of her older tapes plus that thing you wear around your waist. She can give you a really good workout. I’ve got to start moving again! BTW, I loved what you had to say about the special (illegal) eating wasn’t worth it. I feel the same way.

FLYGIRL---I was glad to see that you are giving yourself enough time to totally detox. I think sometimes, we really expect a miracle on the first or second day. When in reality our bodies have a procedure to go through to get rid of all the sugar. You are approaching your “rededication” in a very smart and logical way.

CHRIS---Your are AWESOM!!! That’s an incredible amount to lose in just a little over a month. Whatever you are doing . . . keep on doing it!!!

TONI---Three pounds???? That’s wonderful!!! Did you give two of yours to me???? I’m still trying to find out who’s pounds these are. Because they don’t belong to me and I’m NOT keeping them!!!

TRANQ---So go and weigh yourself tomorrow. Sometimes it takes another day to see the week’s work! Don’t be discouraged. As much as you are working out you’re probably getting a lot of muscle and still losing the fat. So that’s still a good thing! How are those cruches coming? Do you use one of those cruncher machines where you roll up or are you doing them with nothing else but your mighty abs???

ROSALIE---Congrats for the loss. That’s so great! All the more reason for me to buy a digital so I can get rid of this shaky needle. I’m tired of guessing. Your words of encouragement to me always make me smile. Thanks, friend!

Well Girls (and Daramus, where are you???), my eyes cannot stay open. It's time to call it a day. Tomorrow evening we are going to our friends who have six kids (almost like Kimmy's house!). They are having ribs . . . not quite sure what I'm going to do about that. Any suggestions????

Kim
Old 07-03-2002, 11:43 PM   #73  

S/C/G: 285/210/130

Height: 5'1

Default Q about pasta & no sugar added

#1-am I posting in the right spot?

#2-I was wondering if someting like the Barilla-tri color pasta is a no no?
I know the book says wheat pasta's but are pasta's made of durum wheat bad?
#4- And how about "no sugar added" stuff?
Like I had a Dilly bar at Dairy Queen that said "no sugar added"
Something bad?
thanks- Cheryl
Old 07-04-2002, 12:23 AM   #74  

Cherylco - Yes, you are posting in the right spot. Glad you found us and welcome to Sugar Busters! Pastas made with durum semolina are fine but we should be using the whole wheat variety. Regular pastas are acceptable in moderation if they are cooked 'al dente' as the more they are cooked the higher the glycemic index. There is a good article on pasta on our FOOD INFORMATION BOARD taken from Michel Montignac's book. Here is the link if you would like to check it out.

http://64.119.161.199/forum/showthre...?threadid=2365

I can't answer your question about a Dilly bar as I haven't a clue what it is. I'll leave that for someone else to answer.

If you have any other questions just post them and someone is sure to be able to help you.

Marie.
Old 07-04-2002, 07:25 AM   #75  
"I'm working on it!"

Thumbs down Morning All!

WOW! Two posts from me in a week!

It's still yucky and humid here again today. It was 25C/78F at 6:30 this morning. With humidity felt like Low 90'sF. I was in the pool nearly all day yesterday with DS. We have a big (10'x6') blow up pool. Glad we also have a great little pump to plug into the car or else I'd be passed out from trying to blow it up myself!

WIW was ok. It showed me down 2lbs from my binge over our long weekend. Now I'm back down to where I started on SB nearly a year ago. At least my measurements are smaller than last year, so I know that SB is doing something good for me.

I'm actually going to get in a few replies this morning!

MUSIC TEACH & TRANQUIL--Thanks for the vote of confidence, but I haven't quite made it totally back on track yet. I'm planning that today I've got the hummus made and the veggies cut up. Fridge is full of yummy fruits and veggies. So I shouldn't have any excuses.

SEF--Sorry I made you drool! You're right. It's been difficult getting back OP, but I'm not beating myself up over it. I know that I'm eating better than I was, just not 100% OP.

HEARTMOM--Pic of Boogie is wonderful! Amazing artist for being able to capture that look. I bet the little guy didn't sit still for too long.

SOL--I hope you get things worked out with your puppy. It must be very difficult for you just now.

ROSALIE--Guess Nutritionists don't know everything! I usually use swiss chard in a stir fry, but the quiche idea is great! I'll try to remember to look for WW semolina the next time I venture to Ambrosia--I haven't been there in a while--you might make it there before me

GRACIOUS--I heard in the news that the Maritimes were getting our yucky weather. Poor you with no A/C. I remember those days! We used to sleep in the basement on the worst days. Believe it or not, I find that closing all the windows and blinds/drapes and getting fans going helps to keep the humidity out. Hope you and your family can keep cool!

ROSALIE & GRACIOUS--All your talk about the Walk Away the Pounds videos is making me want to go check out how much they are! I saw them in Chapters a while back, but didn't see a price. Sounds like a fun alternative cardio routine.

Thats it for now. I better go change my sig line. It may be a little while before I get back to my low of 165.
Closed Thread