Sugar Shakers for followers of Sugar Busters and other GI based diets

View Poll Results: Have you ever been on public or cable TV?
Yes, on the news (Local or National) 8 21.62%
Yes, on a talk show (Springer, Oprah) 1 2.70%
Yes, on a game show (Price is Right, WOF, Survivor) 0 0%
Yes, on a reality show (20/20, Prime Time, Antiques Road Show) 0 0%
Yes, as an actor with a speaking part in a show (Series, Soap Opera, etc) 0 0%
Yes, but as an extra, in the background (no speaking part) 1 2.70%
Yes, on the Playboy Channel (please explain!) 0 0%
Yes, on a talent show (Star Search, Gong Show) 0 0%
Yes, but something you failed to cover above 4 10.81%
No, I have yet to be discovered!!! 23 62.16%
Voters: 37. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 07-02-2002, 07:33 PM   #46  
BIG ORANGE FOOTBALL RULES

DOCTOR UP DATE FOR BOB

Went today to be checked after HOPEFULLY getting rid of my illness! Dr figured out that it took 7 weeks to clear me up. The bullit holes on my forehead and cheek are not completely gone, but drying up. She told me NOT to TOUCH them in any way and to take Q-tips and put the antibiotic in each side of my nose????
NURSE NANCY??? can you explain this to me?
EFFEXOR SR 75mg is the drug of the day.
Glad I didn't fill that CELEXA ..although...my PAXIL arrived today and I'm not going to be taking it anymore..I now have 3 mos worth...$45 down the drain!
TRANQUIL ....I don't have depression, but like KIM , my anger would take over my body and mind!!! KIM...WE ARE SO ALIKE in so many things!!!! I actually felt like I was rocking on the edge all the time!!! Pray that this helps me...My Dr also said that the EFFEXOR has something in it to help with the menepause goodies too...expecially the hot flashes...

MARIE...GRACIOUS...ZANNE....HAPPY CANADA DAY....enjoy!!!!

TV...GET IN GEAR....BIG BROTHER STARTS NEXT WEEK!!!! I've missed my TV buddy...

SOL...does NEO have short smooth coat like SKEETER??? He has those places quite frequently...not the mange though...it's a dermatitis thing...

JRED...have a great time on your trip...

DEB...BARGAIN????? BARGAIN????? I'll have to relinquish my crown to you for this buy!
Does this mean that you and ELI are engaged????
I'm glad he'll be gone on his birthday...it will give me more time to find that special little nasty card
AUG 2nd sounds good to me right now...it will be my anniversary!!! I'll check...remember, I'm going to S.C. on the 20th of July and will not be back until the 28th...I will have to see if I can leave early on Friday...won't have any days to take, so it will be a FAST trip....

I've got to get reclined...I swear I think I could go to sleep right now and sleep through the night!!

BOB
Old 07-02-2002, 08:05 PM   #47  

hi all!!

I'm really looking forward to chat tonight. I think I'm going to take a nap first. I fixed an early dinner and now I want to rest. I am so glad tommorrow is my last day at work for 4 whole days.!!!!

sef- when you are done cleaning your freezer feel free to come and clean mine.

Gracious--Glad to see you are back OP. The pounds will will start rolling off in no time!!!

Deb- I wonder if you have sinus problems. When my sinus would act up I would feel the same way and feel very tired as well.

Heartmom-- The drawing is very nice.

Well I hope everyone has a great evening. Hoping to chat with you soon.
Old 07-02-2002, 09:06 PM   #48  

Default Tuesday Evening

Hello All! Well, I made my super duper scrambled eggs for supper and ate too much! What a dumb thing to do with WIW just a few hours away. I did manage to get through supper without any starchy carbs. So that’s one good thing, I guess.

BOB---I’ll bet I Am Sam is a real tear jerker. I wanted to bust out crying after just seeing a few of the clips. Thanks for sending us a report about the fearless leader. Getting those modems zapped during thunder storms is really a common thing. That doesn’t make it any easier to get back up and running. I’m doing laundry tonight too. Never ends!!!

TRANQ---You are being an exercise junky! I wish you’d breathe on me so that I’d catch a little of that. I totally agree with what you said about pets being a bridge between people. I will much more likely talk to somebody who’s got a dog attached to them. I really like what you said about your girl being your soul dog. That’s how I feel about Miss Maddie. She is definitely MY dog. I, too, like popcorn. One of my good girlfriends and I used to chant this mantra about it . . . “It’s only a smell, it’s only a smell.” That was supposed to make us think that it didn’t taste as good as it smelled. Try that!!! Are you sure that wasn’t PHEASANT rye and not peasant since it was flying off the shelf. Boy, you were in the right place at the right time!!! WTG with putting back that illegal bread.

JRED---Glad to hear you all are having a great time. You sure are getting in a lot of interesting sights. Are you melting? I really admire you for spending so much time catching up on the posts. Wow, that’s GREAT!!!

SEF---I would get the same exact message when I tried to get onto the chat without DEB’s link. Let’s hope we can get in tonight! Sounds like you have been busy. Too bad DIL’s parents don’t still live in Waynesville . . . we could have had us a fun visit. Thanks for the praise for shunning the popcorn. Sometimes it’s easy; sometimes it’s not. Guess I was lucky as well. You graduated with JN??? What was he like? Did you know him? Was he the ladies man even back then???

SERENE---Have fun with your relatives!!! How long will they be there with you? You made me LOL with your comment about TRANQ needing a pug. Very funny.

GRACIOUS---Good job at getting back on program. Don’t get down on yourself about the gain. That’s in the past and you cannot do a single thing about what already happened. BUTTTTTTT, you CAN DO SOMETHING ABOUT THE FUTURE. Keep focused and you will soon see those 8 pounds gone. You can do it!

Wow DEB---You win the prize for the longest post. Thanks for sharing. I am still concerned about your health. Glad to know that you will get your body back to its proper hydrated state. I think that was definitely making you feel better. You sure did hit the jackpot in your shopping. Isn’t it great to have a day like that where everything seems to be going your way? What a great feeling. Glad you got the ring for Eli. He’s going to love it. Thanks for the chat link. Y ou sure know how to take care of us!

FILLISE---I definitely think you are on the right track by getting all your starchy carbs out of the way early on during the day. I have been known to down a few triscuits right before bed, and i have GOT to stop that nonsense!

HEARTMOM---What a great picture of Boogie!!! It really took my breath away when I first saw it. How nice to have such a great piece of artwork done of your child. He’s such a cutie pie!!!

SOL---I have no idea what LP is. So I’m sorry that I can’t help you out there. If you think there is something wrong with the puppy, then take it to many different vets to get some other opinions. I have a GREAT vet here. Wish you could take NEO to her. She’d give you great advice. I totally understand what you are saying about wanting a healthy puppy. Perhaps talking to another breeder might be a good idea. Even if it is a breeder of a different breed, they might be able to advise you. Are you sure you trust Neo’s breeder? I’m not making a judgement. Just trying to get all the facts straight. This has to be difficult for you and Vince.

TV---Just give BOB a big whistle and she’ll come round for you on the big wagon! There’s plenty of room in it. Just climb aboard.

KIMMYTK---GREAT, GREAT, GREAT story about your “brush with greatness!” How fun to be a Quiet Riot Babe!!! I wouldn’t picture you being into that kind of music. I guess what a difference a few years and five kids make, right????

Okay, gotta go get ready for the chat. Catcha later!!!
Kim
Old 07-02-2002, 09:50 PM   #49  
Little Engine That Could

Ooooooh, goody, goody. My name's still showing up on the main menu as a poster on the "Off the Eaten Path" board. My few days of fame!

Bet everyone is at chat right now, but I don't have the time. My French classes have started up again after a 2 month hiatus. My teacher's car died and so he had no transportation to class. We got him a car, finally, and so we are back on track. It's amazing how much one can forget in just a couple of montyhs. I'm having to review the past lessons like mad. We've rented a place in the French Maritime Alps for next spring for 3 weeks. I'm already dreaming about it. Bonjour, monsieur. Bonjour, madame. Comment allez vous? I got an e-mail today from some French people we met during our trip to Cuba, and it took me an hour to compose an interesting reply to it. Hopefully I didn't make too many mistakes.

We have planted a butterfly garden in our back yard, so tonight we went to a Florida Native Plant society meeting. It was not what I had hoped, so probably will get my info about the butterfly plants at the nursery.

I had a yummy dinner tonight: Roasted pork tenderloin with braised red cabbage and grated apple. Ratatouille with just yellow squash, and broccoli stir fried in toasted sesame oil. Those veggies were Goooood.

Went to work out yesterday and I'm still sore after just a 3 week layoff. My how our muscles get out of shape so quickly!

Have a good time chatting ladies.
Old 07-02-2002, 09:51 PM   #50  
Little Engine That Could

BTW, OrlandoRealty 1, What part of town do you live in? I'm just north of town, right off Maitland Blvd.
Old 07-03-2002, 12:22 AM   #51  
sef

HiedieHo All!!!

I am frustrated. I could not get into chat. I sent an email to explain, I used AOL and IE, even rebooted with the same result as before. Forum recognizes me at least. Oh well. I was thinking of y'all!

HEART: What a great drawing! a real cutie!

SOLSHINE: I would listen to the vet rather than the breeder, she'll tell you what she wants. The vet will tell you what you need to know! Nice you have your father for advice, once a parent always a parent, no matter how old they get children are always that to parents, children in the large size!

TV: Missed you! Hope you were able to resolve your feelings about Mom. I had dubious feelings when my Dad remarried after Mom passed away. It was less than the traditional mourning time.

ROSALIE: If you find out the ww semolina is legal, you'll have to post the recipe so all of us can hunt for the semolina too! I cook the same way too. If we don't like something i have made, which isn't too often, I wonder if it's because I made my alterations to the recipe.

QUILT: JN was Nick then. He was the Class Clown, vice president of our class, in school plays and a real nice good natured guy. We were in the same homeroom. A few years ago someone was offering $100 for a Manasquan HS yearbook that has his autograph in it. I have one but would never sell my book. I sometimes wonder if the person got any takers.

Okay, you given me another fix, so gotta go.

Take care, Shirley
Old 07-03-2002, 07:38 AM   #52  
Child of God

Angry Good Mornig Everyone!!!

Hello everyone! Another hot day here in Cini.
I went to chat last night and my silly computer froze on me twice and then the last time I tried to get back on I could not get in. It was nice talking for the few minutes I was there!
the kiddos and I are going to Columbus for the 4th. We are gonna have a big family gathering so I am excited. The last time I went there was in Feb.

I hope everyone has a good WIW!!
I am 115 this am and I have been for 3 days now. Remember I told you that going to the Billy Graham "shows" made me sweet off a few extra....So I am a full 10 pounds below my goal weight. I guess I should try to stay around 120/not 125. I could not imagine gaining 10 pounds!

I am brain dead this morning. I will read and respond later.
Old 07-03-2002, 08:42 AM   #53  

S/C/G: 257/169/155

Height: 5'6"

Happy WIW Everyone!

Man I'm 4 pages behind. Tried to quickly skim the posts. Sorry I won't be able to respond to anyone and I will be off for the next 4 days and won't be able to check in. Have to get the computer fixed at home. I will really miss you guys. I really need you all. I feel like I am out of the loop already.

Well I made my mini goal today Can't believe it really happened. My eating this week has not been to good. All legal, but with busy schedules, we have been eating sandwiches for dinner and not getting in the veggies I should. I need to try to get some good meals in. The scale was bouncing back and forth between 180 and 181. After a little leaning and getting back on and off about 10 times it stuck on 180. That means a loss of 3# this week. A total of 77 so far. Only 35 more to go. Sure sounds better than that 110 to go when I first started. So I am happy today. When I think about why I have done this well (right word or is it good) I think it was due to the suport board at SB. I got hooked on reading it and posting my weight and it gave me that incentive. Then I switched to this board and have been very happy here. Thanks for all your support and advice.

Met with my trainer this past weekend. She increased all my weights and lowered the reps Yeah. But some of the new exercises are killers SOme I can only do 2 or 3 times. She also gave me a running schedule incase I want to start jogging. I run for 1 minute and walk 2 minutes for the first week. I will probably stay on that schedule more han one week though. Running is not by bag. But I ahve done it 3 days so far and it is not too bad. It is quicker.

Deb, Love the new board. Will you go shopping with me? I really need some clothes and I can get a lot more for my money if you're with me.

Bob, please feel better soon.

Jenn, Hang in there, don't worry about Dan losing w/o trying. My DH has lost about 25 and he will eat desserts and of course still drinks his beer. MEN!

Fruit, How are you feeling?

Toni, Did I catch you yet. Hope you have a great WIW.

Welcome to any newbies. This place is your salvation.

Have a greath 4th everyone and a great weekend. See you Monday in case I don't get back today.

Jackie
257/180 /145
10-10-01
Old 07-03-2002, 08:46 AM   #54  

Default WIW Report

Well, all I have to say is bah-humbug!!! That stupid scale went up. My shakey needle stabbed me in the back. I was down a shakey 3 last WIW. Now I'm back up a shakey two (I think). So here's the thing. I know that I am doing really well. Although I need to get exercising. So I'm not getting discouraged. I'll wager if I weigh in tomorrow it will be a different story. So there you have it. I was hoping for a big dookie houser last night, but it didn't happen. The number on the scale is only one part of this journey. I'm not basing everything on that!

Chat was great last night! LOLA if you are lurking, come on and join in! SER and TRANQ, you two are something else!!! KTK, sorry you were having puter troubles. Did you get my email?

Gotta fly. I'm late for work!!!
Kim
Old 07-03-2002, 09:19 AM   #55  

WIW: The hosts scales needle is below 160, but I can't really tell the actual weight. I miss my digital in my old age! That does put me at least 2 pounds down from last week. Maybe my body is finally ready to give up and start me losing again. I know I've got to be patient with this. I keep telling myself "It's a lifestyle, not a diet."

BOB: Thanks for the trip well wishes. I am having a great time. Today's plans are a walk around historic downtown Annapolis. I remember walking around Charleston, SC a few years back when DS was thinking about attending The Citadel. I'm fascinated by the architecture of the colonial period.

Serene: You're right about taking forever to get through TX. It took me the same amount of time to get through LA and half of MS as it did to get from my house to Shreveport, LA. And I don't even live in the middle of the state. But you know that EVERYTHING'S BIG IN TEXAS!

Kimmy: I so glad to hear that you enjoyed Billy Graham. I read the other day that he's not planning any more events after the Oct. Dallas one because of his health. He's very weak now and said he almost fainted before one of the nights in Cinci. Have a great holiday with your family. You deserve it.

Deb: You must give us lessons on bargain shopping. And how do you get your kids to like what you buy for them? I can't say that I think anything is cute because my DDs won't like it if I do! I hope you are feeling better.

I went to TJs last night and bought probably more than I can haul home in my suitcases. Remember: I'm flying home! I couldn't find the tomato splash but did find some tomato pesto that looked wonderful. Plus artichoke pesto and olive spread. I love that stuff. They didn't have Valor chocolate but another brand of 73% chocolate. I did find the pound plus 70% and picked that up. Then I got some mixed nuts, roasted and unsalted, macadamia nuts (my DS forgot to get us some when he was in Hawaii!), my favorite find and one I am extremely excited about was Kona and Kauai coffee beans. I love those and now can just have Brandon ship me some whenever I need them! I bought some chocolate covered almonds for my DH. I've got my zip-lock bags ready and will start packing tonight. I may have to ship myself a care package! It is a great store!!!

Beth: Glad to see your cable back up. I posted first, then went back and read so I didn't know you'd already shared our meeting. Let us know how the doctor's visit went. Did you recover from your long day Wednesday? My son got in at 2:15 on Thursday after spending 17 hours on planes and in airports. He's still recovering from that experience. We drove through rain when we left on Friday until we hit Knoxville. It was really great meeting you. Now we just need to get you and TV together!

Sol: If you trust the vet, ask for options. If you really don't know the vet, see another one. I'm not sure what the problems of LP are, but do understand your concern for a healthy pet. The mange thing is really not a big deal. It's cleared up so quickly.

Tina: Hope your DD is better and am thinking about your mom, too. DH said we had more rain yesterday. How's it in ETX? He hasn't been able to mow the back yard and I don't even want to think about how it looks. My chihuahuas will get lost in the grass!

Nance: How're you doing?

YellowRose and Red1 and Missy: Where are you ladies?

And DARAMUS: Yooo-Whooo!

Tree: Glad you're healing. DS said his mouth is a-okay now. He had his wisdoms removed in May.

Fillise: I saw lots of political signs when I was passing through AL on I20. Did I see any of your candidates or are you further south?

'Fly: Welcome back. You disappeared shortly after I joined. Glad you flutterd back our way.

I regret that my computer time has expired. Gotta go get going on my trip downtown. I hope everyone has a great WIW, just like last week. Remember: I read last week's board yesterday so it's fresh in my mind how well everyone did last week.

Take Care,
Jeanie
Poopsie Bubblekisser
196/somewhere under 160/130
Old 07-03-2002, 09:27 AM   #56  

Default WIW

Do you really think I am happy about wiw after just returning from vacation? With some leaning, I supposedly lost one pound from yesterday..but I am going to just look forward to next wiw and hope for some real results that don't involve leaning and holding my breath while on the scale!

I did my Walk Away the Pounds 1 Mile video again this morning and must say I am really happy about getting at least some exercise in...I think I am off to a good start.

SOLSHINE- I was a VHT - Veterinary Health Technician- for 4 years and I have seen numerous cases of mange. It is common but I must warn you to truly have it treated instead of waiting for it to go away by itself. It needs treatment to get rid of it and to prevent it from returning. Recurrance is common and rather bothersome and as you know those unsightly balding patches aren't nice to look at or explain to others who inquire about them!
Regarding the LP....I would be very careful of this as well. It can mean lots of problems later on and costly surgery if things go really wrong. I would inquire at another vet as well as a couple of other breeders who specialize in the same breed. You can't be too careful because an animal is a long term investment..not only of money, but of love. You already love him but it is better to make a change now if necessary.

JACK-K- Every time I read one of your posts you are losing! You are doing fantastic...those last pounds will be gone soon enough at this rate!

GATORGAL- Where exactly are you going when you refer to the French Maritime Alps?

QUILTER- Thanks for the encouragement. I was thinking about things this morning and realized that although I really enjoyed eating on vacation..it was not worth it. But we always know that *after* the fact, don't we? Oh well...I am exercising and back on the wagon again so that is that!

I am off to get some of the house in order. We are looking to have a scorcher here today..over 100 F with the humidex...so you Southern Americans would be right at home with me today! The bummer of it all is that with my new windows, my air conditioner doesn't fit. We will have to arrange it to be built in for next year, but this summer we fry!

ciao
Old 07-03-2002, 10:35 AM   #57  

Angry STILL THE SAME

Happy Wednesday, NO Didn't lose but that's ok. I'm still detoxing. Last night I was staring at the Hershey chocolate syrup in the fridge tho. Happy to report it still has the same volume as before.

Looking forward to the cravings slowing up. Good thing I know that will happen. Really missing my diet sodas so going to get more lemon lime seltzer. Bubbles w/o the aspartame. May try diet rite because they use a different sweetner. Sound ok?
Gotta be quick cuz I have to be back on the big yellow bus soon.

Quilter-thanks for the inspiration. I do think no cravings is the best thing about this woe. The stabbed with the scale needle had me on the floor!

Trishaloo-I'm with you. Let's trust God and really celebrate tomorrow. Including going to crowded fireworks!

sef-awesome tip. Too bad it's taken me so long to get to that way of thinking about life.

gracious-it's amazing how fast those vacation pounds melt away when you're back legal.

Deb-I went through the longest times wrestling Ben off the computer and then gave up. I did miss all of you.

Kimmy-So sorry to hear about your brother.

Bob-your tips were too funny. Keep it up.

jred=glad to see you're still here as well.

Well time to sweat. Maybe I'll sweat some off the scale tomorrow.

Congrats all you LOSERS out there.

Love to all, Ally ('fly)
Old 07-03-2002, 10:38 AM   #58  

Hi everyone,
I bought a scale last week....not sure if its a good thing...I keep jumping on.

The last trip to the Dr. in early May I was 181. Today I am 167!
My goal is to be at 150 by my birthday in Oct., I will have to get a new drivers license pic taken and I don't want a double chin!!

Gracious
I have all the WATP tapes, try the 2 mile, I really like that!! Its not hard. The three mile is also great, but I seem to be able to fit the 2 mile in better time wise. I don't like the ball weights....I use my own wieghts. The ball weights are awkward to hold.

Deb
Sounds like you have a sinus problem, take some sudafed and see if it lightens up......hopefully you don't have an infection.

Great job on the board, it looks great!

Have a great day every one!
Old 07-03-2002, 11:52 AM   #59  

CHRISB1022...

I just bought all 3 tapes but thought I would start off easy with the 1 mile since I haven't exercised for awhile. I use my own 2 lb weights as well. I agree that those balls look terribly awkward to hold onto. I am going to work my way up to the 3 mile eventually. I think the different times for each is a great way to assure that you fit at least some exercise in for the day.

For the other ladies out there who don't exercise at all yet...I think this Walk Away the Pounds thing is perfect to get started.
Old 07-03-2002, 12:44 PM   #60  

Oh my gosh I'm four pages behind.. Darn the week is slipping right past me.. I'll never catch up so I'll start right here. Theres been running to do everyday. Thats it for the week!!! But did get all my grocery shopping done and have the stuff for the squash casserole I'm going to make tonight with pork chops. Got a hair cut and permanet yesterday.. And gosh do I look better. I kind of looked like Thomas Jefferson before.... Jumped out of the bed at the crack of dawn and weighed myself... I lost 3 lbs. this week... Jack-K we lost the same!!! And an added bonus I'm into a new number. What a great feeling this is. And of course I'm doing the Happy Dance today.... Congradulations all you losers, good job!!!! Will pop back in later so I'll stay caught up from now on....

213/177/130
Closed Thread