Sugar Shakers for followers of Sugar Busters and other GI based diets

Old 06-19-2009, 10:11 AM   #1  
Onward and Downward

S/C/G: 285/215/1??

Height: 5'2"

Default In the "Good Old Summertime"

Okay . . . here we are . . . a new start for a new season.

Is SUMMER easier or harder for you when it comes to staying on track?

Personally, I do not like the heat, humidity, and bugs that come with this season and definitely cannot count it among my favourite times of year. I do know, I'm in the minority, though.
meowee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2009, 02:12 PM   #2  

Hi all back from Texas and getting settled back in. Ready to start back on eating right. Even though I didn't do to bad in Texas except for having wine which is always my down fall. Week ends especially are hard for me. I guess they are for everyone. Well anyway I'm going to try. Its a new week.
Toni48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2009, 08:29 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 257/169/155

Height: 5'6"

Hi ladies

The other thread was not locked so I posted over there. So I am copying my post for over here. Thanks Toni.

It was a crazy week and I did not get here as much as I wanted. My DD put hardwood throughout her house and they finished on Wed night. I started cleaning Thursday night until 10, Friday night until 11, and back at 9:00 on Sat and I was mopping myself out the door on Sat at 10 minutes to 5 when the honored guest arrived for her baby shower. Whew! I was exhausted. I sat my big arse on a raft all day yesterday and did't even care if it was raining or cloudy. Now I won't know what to do with myself.

Tech, I was at 180.5 this morning. I was surprised. Eating was not good all week with running to my DD's as soon as I got home. I guess I worked it off. I got up and made it to the gym this morning at 5:00 am so I can get back on track and move that scale.

Bob, you crack me up with all your movies. I never have time to sit and watch a movie. Plus don't think I could sit that long.

Ellen, so glad you had a nice visit with your sister. Sorry to hear about Tom's choleterol. But like you say, lower fat eating will benefit you both.

Toni, glad you are back and had a nice time. Wine is my downfall too, especially this time of year. I enjoy sitting on the patio with a glass, or two. But I just read that one to 2 glasses of wine, beer or boozed helps you against heart attacks 30%. So i am doing something good, right?

Meowee, sorry to hear you are not getting any better. I hope they can do somethinhg for you soon. I perfer summer. I love the heat, it can't be too hot for me. I do hate bugs though.

ATS, Two years to leave your bone marrow! Wow that is scarry. Good luck with all that. And good luck with that career change. I need one of those too, but I want it to be retirement.

Guess I had better get started on this bid for Thursday. Lots of paperwork to complete. Have a great day.
Solly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2009, 04:12 PM   #4  

Darn I went to lunch with a friend today at a new restaurant and had plans to eat a nice chef's salad and ordered something bad anyway. I'm so disappointed in myself. I'm trying not to let it color the rest of my day and get back on eating good. Tonight I'm going to have another salad with chicken breast on it.

Solly- You're right everything in moderation. I just read an article on Sparks.com that said one glass at wine in the evening is just fine. Hope you're staying cool and not working to hard.

Meowee- Hope you're feeling better.

Well with the heat index here today its 108. Drink lots of water.
Old 06-24-2009, 02:56 PM   #5  

Hope everyone is staying cool and drinking lots of water. Eating has been good today. Nothing exciteing happening here. Just starting to do laundry. And having a cup of tea. Happy afternoon.
Old 06-24-2009, 05:46 PM   #6  
Addicted to potato salad!

O...M...G!! Well, after all we went through with the school and them not giving Shelley a tutor, the guidance counselor called today and told me that Shelley PASSED ALGEBRA!! She got a 71 final grade and a 74 on her regents. I'm so relieved!!
techwife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2009, 07:01 PM   #7  

Whoopie for Shelley........
Old 06-25-2009, 02:40 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 257/169/155

Height: 5'6"

Hi Ladies,

Just a quickie, jsut finished another bid and working on calls on another. It is never ending. Guess I should be happy I have a job and staying busy.
I will be off tomorrow. YIPEE! I think DH and I are going to get massages but no other plans.

Toni, good to see you are back on plan. Good job not letting one bad lunch mess things up.

Tech, congrats to Shelley. I know you both are relieved. Still at 180-181. How about you?

Ellen:

Bob,

Got to run. Have a great Friday and weekend. Talk to you Monday.
Solly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2009, 06:51 PM   #9  

Good evening. Eating is good. Its getting closer to the week end and I hope I can be strong. We're having a shrimp salad for dinner tonight. This day has just flown by. Hopefully tomorrow I get my computer fixed. Its been nice to use hubby's.

Solly- Have a great week end. You deserve it.....

Hey where is everyone?
Old 06-28-2009, 05:12 PM   #10  

Got my computer fixed Friday. The week end has been pretty good. It could have been better. We're grilling pork steaks tonight. Other than that things are pretty slow.
Old 06-28-2009, 11:54 PM   #11  

We went out after church tonight for dinner with a group of folks...bad move! I did not have my meds with me, so that was my first mistake. It was a Mexican restaurant...the chips were my second. It was all down hill from there. My blood sugar is terrible, and I feel stuffed. I MUST get back on the straight and narrow!

Life is crazy. How I wish it would settle down and I could relax. This week is a big 25th anniversary party for friends, and I am making the cake.

It is HOT here, and I have been in the pool every day. No way I can walk in the heat! Its been into the 90s by 9 am ....

Time for bed....
Ellen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2009, 05:16 PM   #12  

Well have to rethink how I ate this past week. I can't imagine why I only lost 1/2 lb. Think I'll get back to weighing in on Wed. I did have ice cream last week. I'm so discouraged.
Old 07-01-2009, 02:08 PM   #13  
BIG ORANGE FOOTBALL RULES

Hi Kiddo's,

Just popping in to let you know I've not deserted you. I'll be back in a little while with updates...

BOB
THE BIG ORANGE BABE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2009, 02:21 PM   #14  

Howdy..... Everything is going alright here. Not much going on in fact its plain boring. Eating is just so so. Could be worse. Had an egg and a whole wheat waffle for breakfast. Shrimp salad tonight for dinner.

Bob- boy Bob it is so great to see you posting. Can't wait for the updates....
Old 07-04-2009, 04:39 PM   #15  
BIG ORANGE FOOTBALL RULES

FONT="Century Gothic"]HAPPY 4TH OF JULY!!!![/FONT]

Last edited by THE BIG ORANGE BABE; 07-04-2009 at 04:40 PM.
THE BIG ORANGE BABE is offline   Reply With Quote