Sugar Shakers for followers of Sugar Busters and other GI based diets

View Poll Results: When was the late time you ate food from a fast food joint? (burger/pizza/sub, etc)
This past week 11 32.35%
Within the last 2 weeks 7 20.59%
Within the last month 6 17.65%
Within the last 2-3 months 3 8.82%
Within the last 4-6 months 3 8.82%
More than 6 months ago, but less than a year 2 5.88%
More than a year ago 1 2.94%
More than 2+ years ago 1 2.94%
Never have! 0 0%
Other 0 0%
Voters: 34. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 06-12-2002, 09:43 AM   #61  

Well, I really did not want to get on the scale...I was sure the news would be more than I could bear. After pigging out at the reception, the rehearsal dinner, and every day since, wolfing down leftover cake and even having a whopper and fries with a coke on Monday, I just knew it would be ugly. I was in for a surprise!

Even with just two days until the end of PMS and start of DMS, I was the same! I knew Saturday when I put on my skirt for the wedding that it felt looser, but I thought that was due to the light support panty hose! I am beginning to think I do not eat enough normally. Today, I am going to increase my legal eating and see if that has any effect.

I got Michel Montignac's Eat Yourself Slim, and I am reading it. What a great book! If you want more detail on SB eating, this book has it! I got mine at Half.com, and it was pretty cheap.

I have been really bad about answering everyone individually...so I tried to get through all the posts and respond. I sure hope I did not miss anyone!

SEF: It sure does feel strange to not have anything
to do! Monday, I went back to bed after hubby left,
and slept until 10:30, Tuesday, same thing, but I got up
at 9:45, and today, I am eyeing the bed, and may crawl
back in. I can't believe how tired I am! Of course, I am
on my 'off' rotation on my phentermine, and that might
explain why I feel like a slug!

GRACIOUS: Enjoy the program and bawl your eyes out! My
daughter hates it when I cry about things pertaining to
her, so you should have seen me trying valiantly not to
cry at the wedding. I lost it when she started crying
as she tried to say her vows! I have to find a scanner so
I can post the pictures, wish mine had turned out better!

TONI: I am trying Flylady too. So far, I am enjoying it,
especially all the email reminders! My only problem is the
shoes thing. I NEVER wear shoes unless I have to. This
week, I gave myself permission to go back to bed, so I
am not making my bed first thing, but promised myself I
would do all the baby steps after the morning nap! I did
a lot of cleaning for the wedding, and I want to keep it up.

TRISH: The saga of the ham ended without the aspic
covered ham at the reception. Instead, his mom made him
rumaki, and pate'. Even she felt the ham recipe was too
much work, and would not be well received! I am sure he
never even noticed!

TRANQUIL: It has been hard to pass up the illegal foods..
especially when there is a 12 inch wedding cake layer on
my dining room table with pistachio filling in it...
I really need to get back on program tho! Sorry you are
having trouble with the swelling..I am sure is is frustrating.
Didn't you say drinking more water is not an option for you?

SERENE: I don't think I properly greeted you when you joined.
I was in the throes of marrying off my daughter. Now I am
my 'sane' self again. Glad you are doing so well! Isn't
this the greatest program!? I do love it. It makes so much
sense!

MUSIC: Oh boy! Another flybaby! Doesn't it feel great to
look at that shiny sink? I was thinking, this is so
simple! Why didn't I push myself to do this years ago? LOL

DEB: What an inspiration you are! 9 out of 10 days! I can't
remember the last time I turned on the ol' treadmill. And
I can't even blame it on the heat! It is in my air conditioned
bedroom!

NANCE: Hang in there.. Maybe your off program eating was
from PMS?? Hop back on up on the wagon. I am having
trouble getting back 100% too...want to hold one another
accountable?

JACK-K: Life sure seems dull without the preparations! Today
is my younger daughter's birthday, so I guess I should make
her a cake. Reminds me of the movie '16 Candles'. She is 16
today, and it has been totally eclipsed by the wedding, poor dear.
She is going to Six Flags for the day tho...

CHRISB: Your menu looks good to me... Good for you that
the pizza and fries made you feel bad! That sure helps!

FILLISE: I am enjoying the quiet, I have to admit. And I
think when my younger daughter goes off to Six Flags today,
I am going to love having the house to myself! Naughty Belle!
It is nice when the retain some 'kittenness', mine is an old boy,
and rather dull at times.

JENN: You go on to that reunion, and hold your chin up
girl. If Dan loves you, so will they. If they don't,
so what? That is their problem! Not yours!
My hubby's family doesn't know what to make of me..I am
from Chicago, and he is from a farm in south Georgia. Some
like me, some don't. It does not effect my marriage at
all! As for the weight and wedding..my daughter was a
beautiful bride, gorgeous in her dress..she just accentuated
her good features, and downplayed the bad. She is very
buxom, with a small waist, but large hips and bum. I worried
about that fact she was not even trying to lose before
the wedding, but it did not matter! She looked great, and
the groom seemed divinely happy.

ROSALIE: Think I ought to just toss the leftovers? It
is a tempting idea! Especially that cake! It is screaming!

BOB: Hey, make sure you take a lot of vitamin C. It will help you get rid of that crud. Get lots of rest too! I hope you are all better real soon!

FRUIT: Oh! I would be scared too! Be careful and take it
easy! We want you to heal fast! You are in my prayers..

SOL: Congrats on the house! A new house is always so much
fun, and a lot of stress too! But you will only have to move
a few doors down! That ought to be fun! The picture looks
nice!

to be able to run someday too! My hubby jogs three times
a week, and someday, I want to be able to go with him. You
give me hope I might make it someday!

QUILTER: Good to see you! Please don't go away again!
If you want to be on program, you know the support here
can help you make it! Glad you met BKM, it sure is fun to
meet someone from the board, isn't it? Look forward to the
pictures!

Ok, I need to post this before more posts show up!

Last edited by Ellen; 06-12-2002 at 09:46 AM.
Old 06-12-2002, 09:54 AM   #62  
BIG ORANGE FOOTBALL RULES

wish i was up on ole ROCKY TOP...high in the TENNESSEE hills.. NANCY.....LISTEN!!!!! HERE WE COME>....HAVE THAT PILLOW READY TO THROW INTO THE WAGON..... ROCKY TOP...you'll always be...home sweet home to me.... GETTING CLOSER!!!! NANCY....hurry....throw that leg over...UGH!!!! THERE YOU GO!!!! YOU'RE IN!!!! ROCKY TOP TENNESSEE!!!!!!

OK...I've got Nancy secured in the wagon...ANYONE ELSE????? Let me know so I can get this ole mule turned around to pick you up!!!!

Was in chat for just a short time and got to talk to COUNTRY MOM for just a little while...I got hooked on that talent show thing on FOX....so I left early to watch that...
YES!!! BOB is truly ADDICTED TO TV!!!!!

Better get to work.....MISSY...PLEASE DO WHAT THE DR TELLS YOU TO DO!!!! DON'T MAKE ME COME OVER THERE!!!!

Man...I sure do hope that BKM gets me a coney to go up there at SKYLINE CHILLI!!!!!!

BOB
Old 06-12-2002, 10:05 AM   #63  

Good morning everyone.. I lost 1 pound this week.. Was hopeing for more but I'm happy with that. Hopefully next week will be better... All of a sudden I feel like I've lost weight. I've got one pair of jeans I wore yesterday and decieded it was my last time out in public in them... LOL. I'm up and going with flylady this morning.. Made mini meatloaves last night. They work great in muffin tins. I froze some so I can pull them out of the freezer in a pinch... Walked last night at at campground. Its so humid and the pollen is so high its really hard...

Bob- I hope you're getting something for your "bug" hope you can kick this soon!

Fruitloupe- Oh my gosh no! Why did this happen???? Lay still and stay down lady..I'm so sorry..

Solshine-CONGRADULATIONS, I'm so happy for you. And won't it be allot easier to move, just three doors down. I'll bet your little lady was happy.... How long does it take before you can move in?

CountryMom- Great news on the walk-run.... I'm envious I'm still struggling with the first mile or 1/2 mile...

The Quilter-Sounds like you had fun with Big Knight's Mama. Can't wait to see the pictures. Its great to see you posting again...

Nancemeister- Please keep trying, don't give up!!!! This time is different you can do it....

Jack-K-LOL we did the same this week!!! I am still with the flylady but it will take a long time for me to get my house sparkling! But I did get a little clutter out of the house...

Gracious-Congrads on the award for your daughter. She sure sounds like an excellent student.. Theres nothing worse than remodeling, it makes a mess everywhere. But when you get it all cleaned up I'll bet it looks beautiful.. My husband saids we can now store things in the sink since its so shiney!!! I like doing this. But its so hard to get up and not flop on the couch with coffee.

Guess I'll end now and pop back later... Hi to all that come after I post this.....

213/185/130
Old 06-12-2002, 10:06 AM   #64  
SUPER CHICK aka Moderator

Morning!

Going to try and get in at least part, if not all, of a decent post. Lauren left her books at home that she needs to turn in to her teachers today as it's the last day of school. She remembers the shaving cream, but not the books! So, I have to run back to school and get them to her within the next hour (and still have to take a shower before that).

Got in my 4.5 miles this morning, heat wasn't as bad as it's been, very overcast out there, expecting more rains today.

Had a very nice afternoon with HORSECHICK. She's a very nice person and I feel we hit it off well. I enjoyed her company and look forward to seeing her again in the future. We met at OLE OLE for lunch and then I dragged her around some of the places I tend to stop in Broward with ELI. I had found a bulk type store last week I forgot to mention and we went back there. Since bein on SB I hadn't had any SF hard candy, this place had some, so last week I bought 1 piece of each flavor of the hard candies that I thought I'd like and when we went back there yesterday I bought a few of each of the ones I liked. Shellie (HC) bought a few other items that I knew if I dared to buy they would of not made it home! We also made a stop at WHOLE FOODS where I showed Shellie some of the stuff I tend to buy there. I'm sure you'd all enjoy meeting her one day and hope you have the chance to do so!

WIW, I'm at 123, so well within my cushion and with it being TOM and slightly being a DOOKIE HOUSER, I'm happy with those numbers

AGAVE UPDATE Seems WHOLE FOODS has totally discontinued stocking agave, now the tags on the shelves are gone. Even the HFS that I got mine at, he's totally out of stock and unable to get it and hasn't recieved word about future stock. His price skyrocketed from $2.59 a bottle to $4.39. I'm going to try and call SWEET CACTUS FARMS to see what's going on-seems there's a big problem out there with agave right now, which I knew was going to happen so really doesn't surprise me all that much.

ROSALIE, I'll let you know about the agave and kashi. I think it would be similar to the brittle I made, but maybe adding an egg white. I'll let you know if I make it, or come up with a recipe so you can make it. I'm not quite sure I trust myself right now to make anything! Okay, maybe I wasn't quite clear on what I said. If you are moderately active and wanted to stay the weight you were now, you'd multiply your current weight by 12. BUT, to lose weight, of course, you need to reduce that number. Experts say anywhere from 300-700 calories, depending on how much weight you need to lose. So, for instance, if you are 195lbs you'd take in approx 2350 calories to STAY your current weight, and to lose, I'd say 1800-1900 calories a day. Hope this helps

TRANQUIL, I have read that woman need an extra 300 calories during that TOM, though I forgot if it was TOM or mid-cycle, but that not only do we need an extra 300, we also burn it right off! I usually find that this ravenous desire passes in a day or so, and then I'm back to my normal (?) self. Glad to hear your workouts have not only become more enjoyable, but you've found their a great stress reliever as well. I've trid, Orbitz, Hotwire, Travelocity, Expedia, etc.-nothing doing. I can take/leave Vegas, I was more interested in going to Trader Joes!!!

HCHICK, as I mentioned above to the board, I really enjoyed out afternoon together and hope we can get together and go riding one day soon. Hope Scott liked all the goodies you brought home and you liked the new array of goodies from Whole Foods! Talk to you soon.

JRED, thanks for the congrats for not only me, but Lauren as well I think those of us living here in FL can relate to those of you who are in Texas-seems we both are enjoying the same crappy weather! You're going to MD? Make sure you find a TJ's to hit, they definitely have one there!!!!!!!!!!!! Funnel cakes, haven't had one of those since I was a little girl at the county fair during my visits to my GP's up in Rochester! FYI, if you like bananas on the greener side, remember, those are lower GI. BEACHFAN ate bananas the entire time on SB and made goal. I think what may bother one, may not for another, esp. if it's in moderation. Never know.

MONET, can't wait to see those pics, at least some of them, posted on the board. Hope you had fun with your friend from VA. I'm sure you'll get back OP when everything gets back to normal around your house.

TONI, glad you liked the quiche. I have a few other quiche recipes on the board as well, but that's the one I make the most.

SEF, I may just have no other choice than letting Lauren wear the dress again, but really, I'd rather get her something nice in black, more cruise-ship looking.

BOB, so you must, by now, have a new baby in the family, right? Girl, stop kitty footing around and get better already. It's SNOT good to be sick this long!!!

GRACIOUS, congrats to DD for a wonderful year! 98% if great! Did she get any awards?

TRISH, eclipse? Didn't even know there was one-geez, where was I? Migas sound good, couldn't they be made with ww tortillas? I'm sure they couldn't of done too much damage! I know what you mean, I couldn't of gotten to where I am today without this board-the support makes all the difference in the world.

SERENE, thanks for offering TRANQUILS services for being Jr. DUNGEON MISTRESS! I truly wish I had someone close by to walk/talk with-I think it makes a huge difference. You two are so lucky to have each other. Sounds like you had a great weekend together. I do have a hamburger quiche recipe on the board for those who think quiche needs meat. How was the spinach one when you added meat, how did it taste?

MUSIC, glad to see you're getting in those walks, they make a world of difference. Sweat, you'd be surprised how much you can sweat out there-I come home feeling like I have weights in my clothes! Just make sure you drink lots of water to replenish yourself.

Okay, gotta hop in the shower, will continue with the rest of my replies later today.

{{HUGS}}

Debbie
194/123/129
SB since 3/22/00
Reached goal 6/10/01
Old 06-12-2002, 10:28 AM   #65  

S/C/G: 278/163/143

Height: 5'8"

Wait for me guys! I defiantly(sp) need a ride on the wagon! My weight has been really up since I got back from the hospital with Boogie. I weighed myself the next day and was up 7 POUNDS I couldn't believe it. It didn't help that TOM decided to show up. So NANCE, I know exactly how you feel. That means that not only did I gain everything I had lost since starting SB, I put on 3 more. I know that most of it is fluid retention because my face is really puffy, but I am sure about 3 pounds of it is fat retention It can really be discouraging and frustrating. Sometimes I just wanna give up- BUT I won't because I am not happy at this size. I actually got out of the bed this morning and went walking! I have been telling myself for months that I need to, but kept making excuses. I don't know how long I walked, but I did it for almost 30 minutes and am drenched in sweat. I hated doing it, but once I was threw, I felt good. Aren't we around the same weight? Maybe we could help one another with this battle and WIN?!
Old 06-12-2002, 10:36 AM   #66  

Good Morning Everyone

I'm up and dressed with my shoes and socks on to-day. Certainly makes it easier to run up and down the stairs to do the laundry. Haven't got that sink shined yet tho but I do usually clean it with bleach. I find it does such a good job. Nothing much to report for WIW. Still losing the same pound.

Fruitloupe - That must have been scary for you when you started to bleed, particularly being alone. Hope it's settled down now and you are feeling better.

Monet - Congrats on staying the same. Sure beats gaining. I would hate to throw away good food, but it has been done. Is there anyone you can give it it to? The sooner it is out of the house the better.

Solshine - Glad you found a house that you are happy with. When's the housewarming party?

CountryMom - Congrats on the walking/running. Don't worry about speed - the important thing is that you can get out there and do it and feel good about yourself. That's a great achievement.

Quilter - It's great to hear from you again. I had been wondering what had happened to you. Hope we will be hearing more from you now and you are able to climb back on the wagon. Glad you enjoyed your visit with Chris. She is a great one to talk to isn't she. I enjoyed my visit with her, and all the other SBers, in Orlando in March.

Jack-K - Congrats on the one pound lost. I don't think you are greedy to want to lose more - don't we all - but just think if you could lose just one pound a week that would be 52 in one year. And it sure beats gaining.

Tranquil - Congrats on your loss this week. If you continue doing what you are doing I'm sure you will get those other two pounds off in no time.

Gracious - Congrats to your dd for winning the award.

Well I have to get back to my laundry. The machine should have stopped by now. I'm hoping to get out for a swim this afternoon if I get finished in time. I also have some cooking to do. I'm attempting to make BOB's recipe for baked Falafels.

Bye for now.

Marie.
Old 06-12-2002, 10:42 AM   #67  

I see there were several new posts while I was busy typing mine. Will have to get back and read them all later.

Marie.
Old 06-12-2002, 10:54 AM   #68  
Wife, Mother, Goddess

Morning Everyone.....Happy to report the Nancemeister is in a better frame of mind today. I think the older I get the worse I am when my TOM is here (emotional wise). I got on the scale and am down 1 pound, so that made me feel better...so I'm at 239 right now.

Monet I can be your accountable partner...no problem!
Glad that the scale wasn't as bad as you thought it would be!
I'm sure that all your stress is over, you will be able to get more focused

Tranquil You are such an inspiration...I can just feel your excitment in your post. Keep up the great work! Before you know it, you'll be sliding into size 8 pants!

BOB I'm singing the BlueGrass Wagon song! I feel honored I get to bring a pillow on the wagon, as if there's not enough cushion already!

Deb Somewhere in your post you wrote down "223".....just wanted to FYI you before BOB got a chance to lay it on thick!

Jack-k Haven't had breakfast, but already decided to have some protein and do the fruit thing for a snack later....and yes, I bought stuff for lunch so I'm no where near that evil drive through place with the golden arches!

Gotta get to work.....Kids last day of school! OMG!!!
Old 06-12-2002, 11:03 AM   #69  
Goddess

Thumbs down Wed morning

I'm a coward. I'm not going anywhere near the scale for a while.

Bob--I'd love for you to swing by in the wagon--but I dearly fear for your life if a wagon playing Rocky Top were to enter the state of Alabama right now. Those folks over in the western part of the state seem to think UT is responsible for their probation woes. Are you sure they aren't conducting germ warfare against you?

Nance--girlfriend, I've been bad too (que soundtrack: "bad to the bone. B-b-b-b-bad to the bone). We'll get back on track together. There is still (after almost 2 years on SB) something in me that if I stray the least little bit I want to eat everything I can't before I go back OP again. I swear I'm like an alcholic that thinks she can take just one drink.

Monet--glad you are getting to relax now. Enjoy!

Gracious--I'm thrilled to hear about your DD's award--and the new things you are doing to your house!

Deb--I haven't gone back to the HF store for more agave, but I will today and clean off the shelves.

Heartmom--I hope your baby is getting better--It is so bad when the little ones get sick!

Happy birthday to our birthday girls!

I did better yesterday. Last night's meeting was not over until 8:30. But I ate a little something before--so I was not starving. A bunch of us went to Ruby Tuesday's for dinner and I got the salad bar. So dinner was all protein and veggies! ok--some fat in the dressing.

It's time for my 10 am cup of yogurt now. I hope everyone has a good day and the metal monster is good to you!

Susan
Old 06-12-2002, 12:09 PM   #70  

Default The Metal Monster is Evil

Let's get the bad over with. The scales are up 2 pounds since Monday. This is my "week" for Aunt Flo's visit (thank my friend for that little nickname) but the scales are bouncing up and down these same 4 pounds week after week.

Nance: I know how frustrated you are, but DON'T let yourself give up. Your posts have so much humor and inspiration that I love to read them. We are just like alcoholics, it's an addiciton to food and I think we have to realize that we have to change our lives. The difference between an addiction to alcohol and food, is that we can't stay away from it. We have to have it to live so we have to learn how to manage it. Jack-K is right - we have to plan, plan, plan. (I need to listen to myself preaching right now! ) Check out my bio if you want to talk anytime you can email me or im me.
A different subject: how far away from San Diego are you? That may be like someone asking me how far away El Paso is from Dallas (about 12 hours, BTW) but I'm not too aware of all the city locations in CA. My DS is in SD and leaving on a ship for Pearl Harbor on Monday. He's been looking for things to do and places to go.

Sol: Your house is precious! Congrats on getting it. It was meant to be for you. There's nothing like having neighbors who are more like family. My fondest memories are of my close neighbors and all the fun the kids had growing up together. Your puppy sounds precious. We love the Matrix, too. How big will your new baby get? Is your yard big enough for him?

Quilter Kim: Hey there, Girlfriend! I'm so glad to see you back. I had to spend some time away from the board myself because school and homelife just got to be so overwhelming that I didn't have the time is takes to spend on the board. I bet it's so much fun meeting someone from this board in person! Glad you and BKM had a good visit.

Crystle: WTG on the run. I have tried running, but don't like the way my insides jiggle up and down so just stuck to walking as fast as I can. Each time, you'll go farther and farther and before you know it, you'll be running the marathon with FROG!

Missy: GET BETTER, GIRL!! I hope you can find out why you started that. I'd have been scared to death, too.

BOB: I can't spell it, but Echanasia? is a health product that supposed to be very good for stuff like you have. I'd definitely get more meds if I could. This is hanging on way too long. Drink lots of water to keep you lungs hydrated. The doctor told me that's very important.

Tranquil: I've been away so forgive my ignorance. Where is your son? I know how hard it is to be away from our kiddos. I'm sending my youngest to Karolyi's gymnastic camp next week and already dread it. The singer in the family is leaving for choir camp the same day I go to pick up our babygirl, and she won't get back until after I've left for MD so I won't see her for 2 weeks. And of course, we are all still in mourning over our Bubba going away to college/USNA. It's not like other schools where kids get to come home for summers and every other weekend. He has two 4 week assignments this summer. Congrats on your loss. You're doing great!

Gracious: Congrats on your daughter's accomplishments. You're right about 98%! That's really great, especially if she's being challenged while she's making such good grades. (Just had to put that g.t. teacher thought in there ) How's the remodel going today? It's sounds like you're going to have a spiffy new house when it's done!

Heart: How's our Boogie today? {{{{HUGS for him}}}}. Don't fret too much on your gain. Just get right back on plan and you'll start feeling better quickly. It's so hard to think about ourselves when our babies are ill.

Beth: I might be in Huntsville early. My DS has decided he wants to spend a couple of days in Honolulu before he heads back. IMAGINE THAT! He'll try to fly straight to Hntsvl instead of Dallas so I'll be driving by myself to pick him up there. I'll probably go a day early so I can rest at my DBs house before we start out again for MD. I'll let you know, maybe we can get together.

Deb: So tell me about Trader Joes. Do I need to plan to ship a package home to myself? I'll be flying back home so maybe I can bring an empty suitcase. Any luck finding a dress? I have one in my closet I wish I could send you. It's simple, but elegant and I've had it since my college days and it's still in style!

Monet: Throw out the food if it's tempting you that much. Or take it to someone else and let them eat all that poison! Don't know the saga of the ham, but it sounds like it became a non-issue. Am waiting anxiously for those pictures. My daughters know I cry at everything and my youngest is just like me. The older one teases me every time we go to a concert or program and says "Are you gonna cry, Mama?" or "You're so gonna cry!" Hope your DD has a great BD at Six Flags. This age is fun and stressful for us mamas. One day they want to be adults and the next they want to crawl up in our laps. And then they start DRIVING!

Toni: Congrats on loose jeans. You do a good job of planning. That's a great idea about the mini meat loaves. I don't particularly like meat loaf, but adapting that idea with other dishes would be very easy.

Fillise: Keep plugging away, Girlfriend. You're doing great to stay with the WOE even during the slow times and your busy schedule. BTW: I made the lemon dessert recipe you had posted on the recipe board. I used 8oz of cream cheese and added cool whip to make up for the rest of the chees. They were delicious! Just like eating a crustless lemon cream pie. Thanks so much for the recipe. It'll be easy to use other flavors of jello and maybe add some fruit for a truly scrumptious dessert.

Tina: Congrats on your exercise. Isn't it funny how our vacation isn't really one because own children keep us just as busy as our jobs did during the school year? I keep looking at my calendar and hyper-ventilating at how fast the summer's going by because of all the things we've planned to do!

Sef: How's your week? Busy as always, I bet! And how is your DS doing with his recuperation?

Jack-K: You are doing so well! Sometimes our body just decides to knock us down a couple of notches! You have so much good information and advise to share, I appreciate it.

Rosalie: I'm right there with you, Girlfriend on losing the same pounds. I did analyze my eating on fitday this morning and I'm a little low on the calories and too high with the fat intake. So it's lots of fat free cottage cheese for me and fresh fruits and veggies for snacks. And I've GOT to get my bootie in gear for exercise.

I've got to run and get in the shower. We had to move our going away party for our teacher friend to lunch today (at a tea room so send me good thoughts about food choices!).

Sorry I didn't get to respond to everyone.

Take care,
Jeanie
Old 06-12-2002, 01:01 PM   #71  
aka Zippy LiverFace

Thumbs down

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, SHEANN!!!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, FROGGIE!!!

Everything is in the works! Our wonderful neighbors have brought over referrals for everything from inspectors to insurance. You'd think we were their kids as tickled as they are! Closing is going to be some time after July 18. We're going to let the seller pick the date since he's got to get his stuff out by that time and we have till the end of September.

WIW - This is the last time I'm weighing for a while. I'll just have to go by clothes and since the scale doesn't really move for me anyway it's just one more thing to get frustrated about. I'm at 195.5. I'm thinking of taking my weight off the bottom of my posts. I certainly don't want to discourage anyone who might be lurking or deciding whether or not to try SB.

TRISHLOO - Those migas sound WONDERFUL! I can't wait to try some SB version of them!

NANCE - (((((HUGS))))) Girlfriend, that was happening to me almost WEEKLY a few years ago. Now I just look at them and tell them I had a miscarriage there's not going to be any baby and start crying. It's cruel, I know. But maybe they'll keep their mouths shut next time. BOB will tell you that in the south you NEVER ask a woman about her age or her body. You never mention pregnancy unless you've heard it from the horse's mouth!! I learned that one before I could talk practically. Jump start your loss to get motivated again…..2 words….. PSYLLIUM and WATER!!!

TONI - What the heck is flylady?? I've missed it obviously, but being a new home owner I might be needing to know her.

BOB - Verdict on Behind Enemy Lines??? We thought is way OK, but only OK.

FRUIT - Hang in there! I'll try to get that CD out to you soon! You'll need it - just don't sing along with it!!

COUNTRY - WAY TO GO!!! I couldn't even walk a block 2 years ago and now I'm up to 10 miles. WALKING -- You have my utmost respect and admiration for getting to the running climax!!

QUILTER - SOOOOO GOOD TO SEE YOUR POST!!! BKM is truly delightful!! We are very fond of her and her family too! One of the sales managers that I support lives in Cincin and he brought me 2 cans of Sky Line Chili last time he was down here.

GRACIOUS - I'm looking forward to posting home improvement stories, too! Your deck sounds wonderful! The house is actually spotless and needs nothing, but now that I read about your deck, I don't think there's anyplace we could put our grill without burning the grass…..hmmm……we don't even have the keys to the house yet and I'm already planning projects for Mesiter.

J RED - Border Terriers only get to about 15 lbs. so it will be a spunky little critter. We found that there's a gate in the back of the fence that leads to a field behind our house, so we really have a huge back yard without the hassle of mowing it!

Not gonna get to everyone today, but I'm thinking 'boutcha!! Make sure you plan to come to the WDW Marathon in January and we'll have one Kick Sugar Par-tay at Chez Solshine!!!
Old 06-12-2002, 01:19 PM   #72  

Mornin' y'all. Of course, by the time I finish this it won't be morning anymore. I got my walk in this morning and have managed to stay OP thru lunch. Still at 153, but I'm not complaining. I know if I survive the reunion this weekend I'll see a loss next WIW. Met my sister yesterday at MIL's house. After she left with Sarah I ate supper with MIL. She had all sorts of illegals there. Mac and cheese, corn on the cob, rolls....I passed by all of them and had the baked chicken, green beans and salad. Dennis went back to work yesterday. They called and begged him to take a load to Dallas. (Jeanie-I told him to blow the horn at you) His ankle was throbbing by the time he got home, but he made it.

Now to try to reply to some....

SOL: Congratulations on the house. I know you're excited. Inspectors, hmmmm....wish you were close by. Then Dennis could do the inspection for you.

NANCE: Hang in there girl. I can definitely relate. After one of my chocolate binges Dennis asked me why I wasn't an alcoholic. I guess I probably do have the disposition to be one, if I liked the taste. Fortunately for me, I don't.

GRACIOUS: Congratulations to your daughter (and you too) on her award. I know from years of teaching that the parents deserve some of the credit for their kids' accomplishments.

FRUIT: How scarey. I hope you're OK today and that nothing like that happens again. Any idea what caused it?

QUILTER: Glad to hear from you.

HEART: How's Boogie today? And...how are you? Make sure you take care of yourself.

BOB: I second the suggestion for Flonase. I works wonders for my poor nose.

Time to degrunge before I go out to the college. Only two more classes to teach.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO SHEANN AND FROG.

Old 06-12-2002, 01:51 PM   #73  
Science teacher,mom,wife

Default Hello!

Hello Everyone,

Sorry that I can't post each day...but I do log on and read how everyone is doing.

Well since it is WIW I figured I would post my accomplishment! I began SB June 1st weighing in at 198.....today I am 192!! Just those few pounds make a world of difference.

I do not have time to post to everyone. I am helping at my husband's office for the summer while I am not teaching. So much for a break! Hopefully I can post every few days.

For those of you who are falling off the wagon....listen....I have almost joined you several times in the last week. But I think of those of you who have met your goal....and then take just one hour at a time...NOT a day...Just ONE HOUR! Eventually, I get busy doing something else and forget about my craving for that OREO! Hey, if I can do it....YOU CAN TOO! Nancemeister....hang in there!

Debelli: Thanks for the agave update and info. Congratulations on maintaining your goal weight! You are a champ!

BOB: You are a hoot! You keep smiles on all of our faces!

Fruitloupe: As the doctor said...soon you will feel like a new woman! Get Well!

jRed: My dad was in the Navy. We were always stationed out of Norfolk. He retired after 30 yrs. His final post was on the John F. Kennedy! I love the military and the military life. Seems to get in your blood! My husband owns a shipping company and we deal with foriegn cargo vessels...not the Navy...but near the water!

Have a nice day everyone...
Gumbo
Old 06-12-2002, 02:19 PM   #74  

Hi!

Hope everyone is having a successful WIW. I haven't weighed yet
as I don't have a scale at home. I will run by Tranquil's house this
afternoon and weigh on her scale as I do every week. So, I will
check in later with the weight.

Debbie, the quiche was very good with the hamburger in it. I haven't looked for any other recipes on the board yet so didn't know there was another one. I don't feel like I need meat to have a meal, however, I decided to include it for the others in the house that like to have it. You are so right about it making a difference in having a buddy close by that is trying to achieve the same weight loss goals. I would have a hard time staying OP with her support. I love being a part of this group also! So many wonderful people are on it! I am so impressed with the running/walking that you do in this miserable Florida heat of
ours. You must be one tough lady! Any lengthy walking that I do will have to be on a treadmill in the air conditioned gym that I haven't been going to! Congraulations on the one year anniversary! What an accomplishement!

Toni48, thanks for the tip on deep breathing when I get a cramp in the side. I will remember that next time it happens

Rosalie, Toni48, It is nice having someone cook an OP meal for me like Tranquil did. She is a great cook and loves to try new recipes. She used to come to my house often for meals, however, since the ex-2-b still lives at home, it feels awkward for me to invite someone over at times. I don't want anyone to feel uncomfortable with our situation of getting a divorce and not always on the best of terms.

j red, Tranquil and I didn't really plan our names like they are. I wanted a different one besides my AOL name and Serene just kind of popped into my head. I didn't really think of how it would go with her name at the time. Guess it is appropriate since we are good friends.

BOB, I haven't tried the hummus yet but would like to. It sound delicious. I will just blame the gas it causes on my 3 hounds! lol Thanks for the suggestion!

Countrymom, it was nice to chat with you for a few minutes online last night! I think it is great that you are running and look how far you have come since last year. I used to run and had worked up to 5 miles until I fell and tore all ligaments and tendons in my ankle and had it surgically repaired. Guess I
have been scared of hurting it again as it is rather weak. I do miss running though and there is nothing like the "Runner's high" that you get from it.

Nancemeister, I am so sorry to hear that you have been down in the dumps. Some days are like that for me, even with being on an antidepressant. Just stick with it and you will make it through to accomplish your goals. Just remember that feeling defeated is often a temporary condition, giving up is what makes it permanent!

Solshine, congratulations on the new home! It looks very nice!

monet, thanks for the greeting and hello to you too! You really did great with all of the wedding activities and food to not gain weight. I do love SB as it is the first diet I have ever done that makes sense. I have been able to stay on SB longer than any other one I've tried, so I know this will be the one that helps me lose the weight. I am enjoying getting to know all of the nice people in the group also.

Tranquil, great job on the weight loss! You are working so hard and I am so proud of you!

Well, I am out of time for now. Sorry that I didn't get to post to everyone but will finish up tonight after the beach walk with friends and greyhounds.

Serene a/k/a Wendy

I am not afraid of storms, for I am learning how to sail my ship.
-Louisa May Alcott
Old 06-12-2002, 02:41 PM   #75  
Undercover Diva

S/C/G: 242/ticker/175

Height: 5'6"

Wink Howdy!!

I know I know it's WIW... and Beth has no scale... hehehehehe...

NANCE - No I do *not* know my weight today, and I'm not going over to my MIL's until next week..LOL!!!!!! Hey girl don't beat yourself up over that BIG MAC... I had a dang Burrito a few weeks ago, and it's not the end of the world... I just got back on the wagon and remembered my seat belt this time!! (Sometimes BOB doesn't drive really smooth, and I fell out when she hit a bump ROFL!!! J/K LOVE YA BOB!!!)

JRED - I would be disappointed if you DIDN'T let me know!!! I'd love to at least come by the airport and say HI to ya!!! Email me at [email protected] and I'll give you my phone number... you can call me when you know for sure! We'll have to bring a camera! You'll be the first SB board member I've met with! (HINT HINT TV who only lives 15 minutes from me!!!!!!!! LOLOL)

TV - Check out WHNT Channel 19's news on Thursday nite if you get a chance. They're supposed to be filming youngest DS's game since we're still undefeated (they didn't make it to the other one they were going to come to) We're a little nervous about this game, because the team we're playing is probably the ONLY team there is that can beat us without a problem! The ONLY loss they have so far is against US. They're going to definately be a HARD challenge and I'm almost grateful that I have to work.. because I'd have a VERY rough time staying calm!!! I'd just rather stay busy and get a phone call at the end!!! LOLOL!!!!! We need to meet one day for lunch!! I know you have a busy schedule, so do I... but after this Saturday (championship game that I'm praying we make it to!!!) My Saturdays are all clear... maybe you'll come up with a free one and we can get together!

Well today I feel like total crap! DH's cousin came into town last night and we went out to a club and shot some pool... they had a few pitchers of beer, I had WATER BUT... the SMOKE in those places usually messes me up for a few days. I have asthma and a BIG allergy to it... so today my throat and nose are all stopped up and full of icky green stuff (like you needed that visual ) PLUS.... TOM came in FULL FORCE and I feel like my insides are doing the samba without the rest of me. My back and stomach haven't hurt like this in ages. I'm one miserable chica today!! But I had fun last night, and ate OP all day yesterday, and gonna do the same today and drink a ton of water and pray that this subsides QUICKLY since it's so heavy!!!

Well... I'm gonna go see what I can do productive since it's my OFF DAY!!!!!!!!!!!!! YAHOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!! And I'll check back in later!!

See Ya'll~!

Last edited by Beth2374; 06-12-2002 at 02:46 PM.
Closed Thread