Sugar Shakers for followers of Sugar Busters and other GI based diets

View Poll Results: When was the late time you ate food from a fast food joint? (burger/pizza/sub, etc)
This past week 11 32.35%
Within the last 2 weeks 7 20.59%
Within the last month 6 17.65%
Within the last 2-3 months 3 8.82%
Within the last 4-6 months 3 8.82%
More than 6 months ago, but less than a year 2 5.88%
More than a year ago 1 2.94%
More than 2+ years ago 1 2.94%
Never have! 0 0%
Other 0 0%
Voters: 34. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 06-11-2002, 01:53 AM   #31  
sef

HiedieHo All!!!!

I hope this is better for all. I didn't realize it was difficult to see for some. I had no trouble and, as I said. thought it was the prettiest color on board.

Spent all of yesterday taking it easy. Went back to bed in the afternoon. Just a little flare-up. Some better today. Went to NH even though I would have been happy to stay home. A least today I can push.

MOTB - Glad all went well. Doesn't it feel strange now not to have all the worries and work you've had getting ready for the big day. Then poof it is over in a few short hours! Now rest up a bit! You deserve it!

DEB - Save money! Let DS wear dance gown! No one on the boat has seen it! Wonderful one year at goal! You can be so proud of yourself.

FRUIT - Don't know if I could do total voice rest or not. When I'm alone I sing, need to hear a human voice.....well almost human! When it comes to rain, you might as well be a zillion miles away! We got a couple of LITTLE showers but not enough to wet your whistle. Today I came out of NH and everything was dry, less than 1/2 mile away here the ground was wet. so it had showered again here, not there! Happens all the time doesn't it? Just depends what cloud you're under! Hey! Remember that bird will outlive you! Hope all went okay at the doctors and the Demerol kicked in in time! Glad you're doctor visit turned out as well as it did! Taking notes was a good idea. Now we know all about it. Remember doctors stick closer than fleas!

GUMBO - Some of us order agave from St. Pat's of Texas Brewery - http://www.stpats.com/ I have gotten very good service there. Last time I bought a 6# bucket. Is that where you are, St. Charles? We used that as a meeting place for my friend from TX, it is sorta halfway between us. Pretty area. We did not share that rain in N.O.

NANCE: You did not open mouth and insert foot!!! Because it didn't bother me (remember I'm OLD!) I assumed it was okay for all. We all have our problems and we should try to accomodate others. How's this color?

YELLOW: I told you I was old! A range indicator? When Melf was here we were talking about manual shift cars. Her brother said they now have a thingy that tells you when to shift! When I learned to drive, my father told me when to shift! Someone else who likes prunes!!!

ROSALIE: By the time evening comes I am ready to sit and rest! For me that is stitching and I am a nightowl. I go to bed by 1 at the earliest and am usually up by 7:30, for me that's late. When I was working I got up at 6:30.

SOL - Hectic doesn't seem to be the right word! Puppies are wonderful stress relievers! Hope you get house of your dreams!

GRACIOUS - Sounds like you will have a brand new home! It is amazing how jobs always cost more than we plan!

FILLISE: Glad to see you back! Hope you won't have to stay away so long this time.

COUNTRY - Thanx for posting brisket recipe. I was the one who asked.

TRISH: I'll go into withdrawal if I lose my supplier of Agave. HFS here don't have it! I made the Cheesecake with the chickory syrup that is being tested. I don't know if it was my imagination or if it really did have a slightly different taste. Family thought it was okay.

HEART - Prayers are being offered for your son.

JRED - Funnel Cakes! I was just taling about them today at the NH. Told them that funnels are as good as beignets! A real PA Dutch treat! Used to make them a lot. Sigh, them days are gone forever!!

Don't get behind on the posts. See what happens! I'm sure there are some I missed. I've been doing this at intervals.

Take care all! sef
Old 06-11-2002, 08:23 AM   #32  
BIG ORANGE FOOTBALL RULES

MORNING EVERY BUDDY!!!

It's a WONDERFUL DAY....today is my Niece's & my cousin Duncan's
birthday. I called him early to catch him before the office...not only is he taking the day off, but his daughter is 5cm and having his 1st grandson TODAY!!!! Needless to say his chest is busting!~
GOOD THOUGHTS FOR DANA EVERYONE....

MISSY.....the wagon doesn't beep....or honk.....THE HORN PLAYS ROCKY TOP!!!! just listen for those
familiar strands!!!
Hope you're feeling better today...I'm about to lose my voice..THis crud has moved and continues to move into my chest...Maybe I should come over there....we could lay around and watch movies!

Laundry is done, but the CRUD MARCHES ON!!!..Don't know what it will take to shake this stuff!

I'm at work so I will address everyone later

BOB
Old 06-11-2002, 08:36 AM   #33  

Default Tuesday

You girls were busy yesterday with the posting!

The dinner at the 100 year old church went pretty good last night. Very small town, rural and rather amusing but enjoyable. They had a turkey dinner so it wasn't tragic but I did eat dessert. I still went down in weight so it was okay.

I am busy today producing our church Newsletter and getting it ready to take to the printers. Tonight is graduation at my daughter's school and all the students must go and participate. She got her report card yesterday and she got 98% average!!! I also think she will win an award for the highest mark in her class because the teacher said to make sure and bring our camera. That would be so wonderful and of course I will be there bawling over that too! I will know for sure tonight and let you know tomorrow.

JENN- Yes the budgies fly. I clipped their wings though so now they can only flutter to the floor and not fly around the house...makes it much easier for the kids!

FRUIT- Reading the stuff about your nose just makes me grimace. Must be hard to go through all of that but at least it is working out properly this time around! Daddy's are nice, aren't they? hehe

KIMMYTHEKID- Where are you girl?

MONET- Can't wait to see those pics!

HORSECHICK- I remember you!

Okay...I am being paged by the children and now must leave the peaceful world of SB and enter the chaos of real life.
Old 06-11-2002, 09:10 AM   #34  

Good morning everyone. Looks like a fine day in the Ozarks. Am trying flylady today so I'm up and dressed.

gracious- Glad your church dinner went okay. Big congrads for your daughter... Can't wait to hear how the graduation goes... Sounds like you have your day cut out for you with the newsletter.

Bob- Congrads for your cousins birthday! What a present he's getting.... Hope you get feeling better.

Sef- Hope you're feeling better today... Get lots of rest if you can...

Guess I'm caught up for now. Will be back later... Have a good morning everyone...

213/186/130
Old 06-11-2002, 09:30 AM   #35  

Good morning all!

Was anyone else able to see the eclipse last night? It was pretty cool. Unfortunately, our house sits below a little hill, so when it got really low, we couldn't see it that well, but we saw about the first half of it.

Sheann and Deb - Migas are a Mexican breakfast item comprised of scrambled eggs mixed with tomatoes, onions, jalapenos, corn tortillas then covered with a ranchero sauce and cheese. You could easily adapt it yourself and leave off the tortillas and go easy on the cheese to make it legal. Unfortunately, these were loaded with both. And delicious I must say. We were at a little hole in the wall place that we've been going to for years. They seem to make the best.

Toni - Send the rain our way. We got a little Friday night but not near enough. You asked about hamburger buns. Nature's Own makes a sugar free SGWW bun and they are terrific. I have only been able to find them occasionally at one store (HEB for you TX girls) and they don't always have them.

Fruit - Glad you're feeling better. Yes the pain pills will mess with the dookie factor as well as the anesthesia.

Country - That brisket sounded awesome.

Heartmom - So sorry to hear your little one has been sick again. Hope he's doing better.

jbug - aren't gno's fun? I don't do them very often but I think we all need them every now and then.

Deb - I'll add my kudos for your 1 year anniversary. That is so awesome. I don't think I would be doing near as well on this plan if it weren't for you and the others on this board. How great is that that your house is paid off! I hope you are able to get away to go somewhere. Somebody mentioned Biloxi. We've stayed at the Grand in Gulfport and it is awesome.

Tranquil - Good going on the exercise. I have to get that back in my weekly routine. I do great on the week-ends, but I can't seem to get myself motivated during the week to exercise. I leave at 7 to drive to work and don't get home until about 6 in the evenings. Anyone know any good exercise you can do in the car while sitting in traffic, LOL??

horsechick - I know what you mean about being "loose". Sounds like you're getting on the right track, though.

Jred - You think it was hot in Austin on Memorial Day, you should be here now. It was 97 yesterday with about the same humidity. I feel like I'm in Florida with you Deb, but no beach!

Monet - Can't wait to see pics of the wedding. With all you did, you must be exhausted. Makes me glad I'll only have to be mother of the groom when the time comes. Hey, did we have ham?

Sef - You better start rationing the agave now. Where did you get the chickory stuff?

BOB - Still sick?? Yikes. What's on the movie review for today?

Gracious - Congrats to your daughter.

Has anyone heard from Kimmy? I worry about her. If you're out there, our thoughts are with you. OK everyone, have a good day.

Trish
Old 06-11-2002, 09:35 AM   #36  

Default Good Morning

It is a beautiful sunny day here in North Florida. I think it is the sea breeze that is making our lives tolerable here.... I don't like the Gulf Breezes - they bring heat, humidity and bugs!

I woke up 1.5 pounds of puff mama! But, if all goes well tomorrow for WIW it will have evaporated! I cannot tell you how frustrating my swelling can be....

Sef - I think the purple is pretty!

Toni - Good for you getting up and trying the Flylady - enjoy your good day!

Bob - I hope that crud leaves you soon, have you been to see the doctor about it?

Monet - I can imagine it must be difficult with all the wedding fun, visitors, etc. to say No to Illegal foods....

Horsechick - Welcome back.....

Got to run, Take care everyone!

Sabrina
Old 06-11-2002, 09:36 AM   #37  

Good morning!

Thought I'd check in since I didn't do it yesterday. Yesterday was a blue monday instead of a motivated one, however, I only ate one small biscuit that was off program. Today is much better and am back on track.

I had a wonderful, relaxing OP weekend. Tranquil let me borrow her guest room Saturday night and she fixed a delicious dinner of crustless quiche and salad. Then we had Bluebunny sugar free ice cream for a treat and it is some of the best I've tasted, made with splenda. On Sunday we went on a 1.6 mile walk, my first time doing any exercise in months. It felt great except for the bad cramp that I got in my side and Tranquil wouldn't let us take the short route back. Debbie, if you ever need an assistant dungeon master then she is very qualified.......doesn't hesitate to crack that whip! After the walk, we did some swimming so got in plenty of exercise! My weight was down a few pounds on Sunday so hope the trend keeps up this week!

I love the quiche recipe. I made it at home last night and it was a big hit with everyone. I added some 93% lean hamburger to it as some here don't think they've had a meal unless meat is involved. I'm sure I will be making it often.

Countrymom, the brisket sounded so mouth watering. My ex-2-b
used to do a lot of grilling and I am learning to do it myself now. I did attempt to grill some hot dogs and hamburgers recently. The hot dogs were burned just right, however, the hamburgers were undercooked in the middle. I will get the hang of it though!

I have to run for now but will be back to post more this afternnoon.

Tranquil, thanks for all of the great encouragment and support that you give me. I couldn't be a "loser" without your help!

Wendy

"Endurance: the glory is not in never failing, but in rising every time you fail."
Old 06-11-2002, 09:44 AM   #38  

Mornin' y'all. Just got back from my walk and I'm dripping. It's really humid out there but there's not a hint of rain. That's the ususal here. Managed to stay OP yesterday until supper that is. By the time we got back from the funeral and collected the kids, nobody wanted to cook. Dennis wanted catfish, so that's what we did. I only had the fish and pinto beans though. No fries or slaw. But I stuffed myself. No damage from that this morning except I'm pretty swollen from the salt. Maybe I walked it/sweated it off. I joined the flylady site last night. We'll see if that further inspires me. I've already shined my sink. I meet up with my sister this afternoon. She's taking Sarah to church camp with them. Then I'll go down to my mom's on Thursday after my last class. Then it's the dreaded family reunion on Sat. I do love this reunion every year, I just hope I can stay OP. I'll tell my sister to slap my hand if I go for the sweets. I'm sure she'll be more than happy to do that.

FRUIT: How are you feeling today? Better I hope.

JEANIE: Yes, it's hot here. It sprinkled just enough on Sun. to make it real steamy. WTG on Bec's accomplishments at State. A 2 is nothing to be ashamed of at that level. Plus sometimes you just don't know about judges. I've seen girls with beautiful voices and technique go to All State choir tryouts and not make it. It's depends on what kind of vocal quality the judge likes.

HEART: Sorry to hear Boogie has been sick. Hope he's doing well now.

BOB: GET WELL!!!!

Gotta go. The flylady calleth.

168/153/140
Old 06-11-2002, 09:48 AM   #39  

Default Hello Again

I missed some posts.....

Gracious - your church dinner sounds yummy - and glad you had a good time - sounds so nice and quaint, the old church, small town thing!

Trish - You can do stomach crunches sitting, oh and kiegel exercises,Oh did I say that!!! hahaha

Serene - You sound like you are definitely in better spirits today...tomorrow don't forget - walk at the beach!

Music - Good for you getting out there with the walking!!!!

Okay now I have to get busy with work

Sabrina
Old 06-11-2002, 10:29 AM   #40  
SUPER CHICK aka Moderator

Good Tuesday Morning!

WHEW! I am sure stinkin proud of myself today! I did NOT feel like walking today but I got my butt out there and did far better than I thought I would, did my 4.5 miles in 48:23 As I was jogging/walking I realized that as of today I've exercised 9 out of the last 10 days! If I get in my walks for the next three days that will give me 12 out of 13 days, not bad!

I was REALLY surprised last night to find TOM had arrived without giving me the usual tell tale signs I normally get. Not only that, it came early, day 25! This hitting 40 and seeing changes in the old body of mine, well, I'm not liking it! Last month I was late, took 33 days, I guess this month I'm making up for it. Well, at least I haven't seen the jump with the scale, and I sure as heck hope I don't either. No wonder I was eating up a storm!!!

I have the whole day free to myself, didn't know this til late last night, forgot the kids Dad picks them up today. Eli has to work. Gave HORSECHICK a last minute call and we are meeting at OLE OLE for lunch!!! Looking forward to meeting her. Will report late

So, with that, I have to leave. I'll be back on later today/tonight.

Have a wonderful SB LEGAL DAY!!!

Debbie
194/122.5/129
SB since 3/22/00
Reached goal 6/10/01
Old 06-11-2002, 10:58 AM   #41  
Wife, Mother, Goddess

Been doing terrible.....Started my TOM, and have gained back everything except a 1/2 pound. Feel so huge and bloated and down in the dumps. Emotional eating, bad attitude, ICKY!
Feel like the wagon came and ran over me and left tire tracks!
Started my day off right...went on my walk, ate some cantelope in the morning...then a pear....and by lunch inhaled a BIG MAC
with a diet coke (like that makes it all better )....and dinner had meat loaf and corn! I need to be taken out to pasture and shot! I don't know what my problem is and I keep thinking what Jack-k, now I get to loose that weight ALL OVER AGAIN!!!
I haven't been drinking water, Dan's class reunion is August 3rd,
and I just feel HUGE! I IM'd with Deb and told her as icing on the cake I went grocery shopping and the bag boy whom I know said"Cogratulations on the Baby!" and I said "What Baby?" and then realized that he thought I was pregnant! and had to tell him "NO, just FAT!" and he apologized profusely...was ready to run out without my groceries and start crying...but thought, no...he's right...I do look pregnant, about 5 months along. Hope I can turn this all around and get my nogin about face!
Old 06-11-2002, 11:19 AM   #42  

S/C/G: 257/169/155

Height: 5'6"

Happy Tuesday Gang!

This week is flying by, guess because I am so busy at work. Nothing going on here with me except lots of work. GUess I'll just post:

Deb, How about SC, Charleston. I hear it is simply beatuiful there.

Tranquil, How much longer before your DS returns? I know you are miserable w/o him. I'm gonna have to try that spaghetti squash.

Rosalie, Sounds like you are a busy woman.

Horsechick, Welcome back. I don't know if that "loose" stuff ever tightens up. I sure have a lot of it. LOL

JRed, I have the same situation with my kids. My oldest is so studious and works so hard. My youngest lives to party. They have complete opposite personalities. Both are very smart, one is quiet (like her dad) and the other is loud, crazy and fun, (like her mom). They both bring different joys.

Monet, Your friend will be gone soon and you can jump on the wagon and start again. You did it before, you can do it again. Can't wait to see the pics.

Sef, Wow, you don't require much sleep do you. I find myself getting up earlier the older I get. I don't want to get any older LOL. Too many things start to go wrong.

Bob, What a wonderful BD present that would be, your 1st grandson. Get feeling better. Are you still on antibotics?

Gracious, Congrats on your DD award. I would be bawling my eyes out too. Good luck.

Toni, DOes flylady know you are dressed or not? LOL Have fun cleaning,

Trish, I tried to see the eclipse, but could never tell. THen it went down behind a building and I couldn't see it.

Serene, Sounds like you had a nice time with Tranquil this weekend. Isn't it wonderful having such a good friend. Hang in there, you'll catchon to grilling, or get youa a George Foreman grill. They are good to use.

Music Teach, Have fun at your reunion. I'm sure your DS will keep you in line. My kids sure do me.

Deb, Yuor walking is great. You always feel better when you get done. Enjoy your lunch with horsechick.

Got to run to get my blood checked. Hopefully I'll be back later.

Jackie
257/187/145
10-10-01
Old 06-11-2002, 11:36 AM   #43  

Default NANCE

Please don't beat yourself up. You are doing great. You know where your weak spots are so work on them.

And as far as the grocery: Think more about the humiliation of the guy who put his foot in his mouth. Turn it around and think about how stupid he felt for opening his mouth. My uncle said the same thing to me many years ago and I responded the very same way. He apologized many times over the course of a few years after that. And I bet the guy will keep those kinds of comments to himself from now on!

Just pick yourself up by the bootstraps (or whatever footwear you have out there in CA) and proceed forward into SB land. We all have been exactly where you are.

COME ON, GIRLFRIEND, WE'RE ROOTIN' FOR YA!

Jeanie
Old 06-11-2002, 11:51 AM   #44  

Default Anybody know the answers?

I was looking on the St. Pat's site and she posted a note advising those using Agave for things other than brewing to use Amber Agave. When I put the cursor on the "buy" button, it says it's prickly pear puree. Is this legit? How does it compare to real Agave?
Old 06-11-2002, 12:37 PM   #45  

Hi Everyone,
I just can't keep up with all the posts...sorry.

I am doing pretty good. Did have a piece of pizza and about 8 fries with my salad sat . Felt sort of yucky after that.

I would like you guys to tell me if I'm on the right track with my eating.....this is what I usually have.

Breakfast
UncleSam cereal mixed with some oats/milk.Coffee.

Lunch
Sandwich consisting of two pieces of SGWW bread(PepFarm)
Turkey or Ham.
Spicy Mustard or Mayo.
Dill Pickle
water

Dinner
Salad
Chick or Steak on grill
Broccoli or green veg.
or
Chick Ceasar Salad
water

Sometimes I have an apple later.

Deb: Congratulations on your 1 year anniversary! That is so awesome!!!

Nance: Hang in there!!!!!!!!!

Chris
Closed Thread