Sugar Shakers for followers of Sugar Busters and other GI based diets

View Poll Results: When was the late time you ate food from a fast food joint? (burger/pizza/sub, etc)
This past week 11 32.35%
Within the last 2 weeks 7 20.59%
Within the last month 6 17.65%
Within the last 2-3 months 3 8.82%
Within the last 4-6 months 3 8.82%
More than 6 months ago, but less than a year 2 5.88%
More than a year ago 1 2.94%
More than 2+ years ago 1 2.94%
Never have! 0 0%
Other 0 0%
Voters: 34. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 06-14-2002, 04:29 PM   #136  

S/C/G: 257/169/155

Height: 5'6"

Just making a quick post. It is crazy here again today. SUre glad it is the weekend. But it's going to be a bvusy one. Our church picnic is thios weekend. Me & DH have to work both days. He fries the fish tonite and all day and nite Sat works on the chicken. He will be there from 7:00 a.m. until 1:00 a.m. He will be worn out and legs cramping. But we do it every year. I have 2 booths to work in tonite. Forgot I was only one person. But hate to tell anyone no who needs help. Better to be busy. Taking my bread with me and will have a piece of ish (fried) but it won't hurt this time and I have saved my carbs to cover it. Tomorrow nite is fried chicken. I will probably just eat the green beans and get a burger off the grill. They ahve a summer salad, cucumbers, tomotoes and onions in some sort of vinegar mix, but I don't like any of it, so I'll do w/o.

Excuse my typing, in a big hurry.

Gracious, we were posing at the same time. Soulnds like you are going to need that vacation. Your house will be done just in time. Glad TOM isn't going with you. LOL

Red1, WTG on passing up the cookies. It does get easier. Yes I had a nice lunch with my friend. We have been friends since the 9th grade. Maid of honor in each other's weddings. They have moved all over the US and then back here to stay. We try to do lunch once a week or 2 . She is my BF>

Music Teach, the blanket is lovely. You did a great job.

cHRIS, Glad you are hanging in there. Try to switch your foods around. I got so sick of salads (home made ones) that I had to quit for awhile.

Fruit, glad you got back on. We were worried about you. Hope the Dr visit is succcessful and he can stop those nosebleeds. Hold a dime in the roof of your mounth. LOL Old wives tell.
Not a good way to lose 1 pound, but hey we take them any way we can get them. WTG.

Kimmy, so glad you checked in. I was worried about you. Glad you have just been busy. Looking forward to you posting again. You are having trouble typing, I don't think I have typed one word right yet today. I want to just talk to the computer. LOL

Nance, 1.5 more, WOW You are doing great. I knew you could do it. I had faith in you. I look forward to the Nance Posts. Awww, I want to get off at 3:30. Not fair.

Toni, Sounds like you are the Fly Lady's #1 student. You are wearing me out. It's agood feeling getting into those old clothes. I have just got into my last box of old clothes. Now I get to buy all new ones, Yeah!!

Jenn, Good going on staying OP. You can do it.

Serene, Go for it girl, get on that scale! You are doing so good. Moving 10 tiems in 10 years. Boy you just get unpacked and it's time to move again. Loved your jokes. Found myself in too many of those items though. LOL

Country, Have a great weekend.

Sef, hope your headache is better.

Daramus, soo good to hear from yu. Was beginning to wonder. Glad your lifting is working out. I told my trianer I couldin't do lunges or squats becasue of my knees and she told me that I needed to to strengthen them. She was right. Now I can do deep squats. Keep up the good work.

Beth, Have a ball dancing tonite. You deserve it. Hope you get to see the game and that they win!

Have a great weekend everyone. See you Monday.

Jackie
257/186/145
10-10-01
Old 06-14-2002, 04:56 PM   #137  
SUPER CHICK aka Moderator

Good Friday Afternoon Everyone

Well, with the kids home from school now, time on the computer for myself is hard to come by. I'm writing this off line and hope to get on sometime this afternoon to post it.

Well, I did it, I walked again today, despite once again getting up late and with the added effect of feeling pooped and thinking I may be coming down with something. I've been fighting something off the last couple days and didn't feel much like going out today, but out I went and I was thrilled that I did. It wasn't too hot out there because of the daily threat of rain and all the clouds that have blocked out the sun. I didn't get out til after 9am today, but still managed another 4.5 miles.

If anyone has a BIG LOTS aka MC FRUGALS near them, I was in there the other day and found some low-cut COOL MAX socks, 2pr for $1.99, which I think are a good price for COOL MAX? Not sure since I've never bought them before but wanted to pass that along, just in case. I wore them yesterday and today and really like them, so will be going back for a couple more 2 packs.

Tonight ELI is having a little going away party for himself and his surpervisor Melissa that's going to the new store with him and to welcome the new Mgr into his store. So tonight from 7-10pm that's where I'll be. His new store has been pushed back another week. I hope not more than that because he's leaving July 5th to go to Lebanon!

Though I promised NOT to get on the scale until next WIW, I did and boy, it is up! I knew I felt bloated and even though TOM is due to cease today, I think I'm up from over eating yesterday, esp. the Carbolite. I had a medium and then my nephew got a large and didn't want most of it and I ended up eating it-waste not want not-well it's more like "want some end up on my waist." It has SPLENDA in it, and you just KNOW what a large amount of Splenda does for me-makes the scale go up, up and away!!! Anyhow, today, I'm back on track and going to watch what I eat big time!

Just got a cancellation notice that my homeowners insurance got cancelled! Guess I wasn't too good on juggling that bill. Oh well, they said they could reinstate it when they got my payment so just got that out to them-now I just have to figure how the heck to get the money to cover the check into my account-better work my magic fast before the check gets there and clears the bank.

TONI, LOL! Loved your FF!!! LOL!! Why wouldn't you make the quiche for a while? It's great to have some in the freezer, nukes great. That's one thing my entire family likes-a rare occasion that all agree to eat the same thing, but with the quiche, they're more than happy to oblidge. Try some other ingredients instead of spinach so DH will like it, you can use the base ingredients and just add what you like.

BOB, I promise I'll give you the option of the big leg irons, but if you aren't a good girl, I promise the nipple clips as well That should get you on the right path! NANCE, if she doesn't shape up, I'm just going to hook her somewhere near your rear end and in due time, she'll be begging for mercy! LOL!!

QUILTER, now now, I didn't kick your butt, just chewed your ear up a bit. I didn't tell you anything you didn't already know, maybe just jogged your memory on how you felt before vs how you were feeling now. What's most important is that you are back on track, feeling good and are back with us like you use to be See, it doesn't take much to make me happy-something I tell my kids ALL the time! {{HUGS}} The pretzels are by SNYDERS OF HANOVER and their the ORGANIC OAT BRAN. They're delicious, but addicting. Had to give them up for a while, was eating too many (sound familiar, I tend to do this a lot!). As for agave, not able to get it even down here now. Going to try and find out what's going on with that. Some call it syrup, some nectar one and the same.

SEF, I knew of the chicory being put out by WC, but haven't gotten a sample yet. Can't wait to try it. So it seems you liked it. How does the taste compare to the agave? Did you have to change anything else, like the oven temp?

BETH, sorry to hear about the truck and the a/c-when it rains, it pours! Do what I do, say CHARGE and worry about it later. Have to get it taken care of one way or another. Hey, I wish I looked as good as you do after having a full nights rest-again, you look fab!!!

JBUG, never feel that you can't come on the board and post what's going on. No one judges anyone else and we all have hard times in one way or another. I may jump your butt and threaten you with the traveling DETOX DUNGEON, but never judge you. What's important is that you don't stay away from the board as many do when they cheat, never to return because of how they feel about cheating and not being able to get back in the swing of things-that's when you need the board and all the support that the gals have to offer the most. We've all been there-who else understands better than us!!

SERENE, CONGRATS! Girl, you're just wasting away there. You're doing awesome-keep up the great work and dedication to this WOE. When you go walking on the beach, do you walk along the sand? It's suppose to give those calves a great work out! The beach trip is suppose to be the second week in Oct. in NC, Thursday thru Sunday. I hope you and TRANQUIL can make it. We're still awaiting pictures and more detailed information from our resident QUEEN OF SOLE, FROG. We are planning to car pool. Have VAN, will travel! You're smart not to get a scale-it causes grief more times than not.

ZANNE, sometimes it takes a shot in the arm (or a stare at the scale) to get us back on track and back in gear. That's good you caught it now and didn't find yourself up even more. I think when we aren't eating well we NEED the support of the board to get back on track as well as seeing what the scale says. I know when I've been on past diets that if I screwed up and knew my eating was way off kilter that I wouldn't dare get near the scale, I didn't want to see the truth, but it was during those times that I think if I did get on the scale and saw the truth that maybe that would of helped me get back on track. Outta sight, outta mind they say-I think that goes for the scale sometimes and not seeing the truth. Glad you have found your way back on track without the wagon pick up!

RED1, knowing that you eat too much during the weekend is at least acknowledging a problem, so you're 1 step ahead of the game. I'm sure you'll assess how to resolve the problem now that you realize there is one. I think we all tend to do that-food is more easily accessible when we're home vs. being out of the house at work or running around.

SOL, can't wait to come see the new abode! Hope it won't take me until Janaury to get up that way, but if so, I'll just have to wait! Is the kitchen the same, or bigger/smaller than the one you have now? Gosh, a new home, a new puppy coming-what's next???? RHOO, AMSERAPHIM, NASCARGIRL, SPARKLESCAMP, ZSUZSU, BEACHFAN, LAMAP are all gone, but not forgotten. Maybe they're lurking along with others.

JACKK, you can be our resident cheerleader!!! I looked up the Jazzercise on the web, thought there was a place right near me, but when I called the gal said she was moving and no one was going to do them there. The other place is a bit of a drive-I'm one that if it's not close enough I'll make excuses not to go. May try to look into the JCC and see if they have anything interesting, then see if I can hit them up for a comp. membership-plead my case of not having $$$. Never heard of Shapenastics! Funny story about your DD and the ice cream. Funny how the kids think of us and this WOE. I mentioned this before, don't remember if you saw it, but the kids said we should do a SB SURVIVOR and the eating challenges would be stuff like ice cream, candy, cake cookies, etc. instead of bugs, guts etc. I don't think any of us would have a problem with THOSE eating games, at least I wouldn't!

TRANQUIL, seems those small changes you've made have had a positive impact on you. Congrats! Seems Zach is mighty proud of his Mom-how cute! You and Serene, next time you both meet, give each other a hug from me to each other, would you?

NANCE, glad to see you back in a better frame of mind and attitude-I hate when you get down in the dumps.

JENN, I think it's great you've incorporated using the WW points into SB, it's a good way of keeping track of your eating without having to journal your food and I recommend it if you have the point system and don't want to journal. Another good one is using the Richard Simmons Deal-A-Meal, or even his newer thing with the windows. Anything like that helps and can't hurt.

HEART, you aren't the only one to get ravenous. If you can pinpoint to being TOM cravings, mid-cycle then it's because your body does need more calories-otherwise, it could be your body trying to tell you it's lacking in another area, like protein. Try to find a pattern and you may find the answer.

SEF, that's so sad to hear about the little girl. How could parents just not watch their children-I don't understand it. I think I was overly protective with my kids, and I think I still am. Down here we also find that parents leave their kids in hot locked cars and forget about them-can you imagine

ROSALIE, I agree, that's a lot of bulgur! My goodness, if I ate those falafels I'm sure you would of heard me all the way up in Canada-that stuff can sure make you have horrific gas! I think you do so much exercise and have it varied that it's very possible you are gaining muscle.

MUSIC, hope you enjoy the family reunion. Hope your sister doesn't have to slap you around either. REALLY NICE BLANKET!!!!

MONET, wish those pics were lighter, they do you no justice at all. Can't even see DH'S face and I know he has a nice one since I saw the other pics at Harry's. Can you lighten them up? B&G sure look happy! DD giving you grief? Hope it's nothing major. I pray to G-d I don't get anything more than I have so far (not calling on time, not cleaning rooms), I don't know if I could handle anything serious-not good at stuff like that. Don't question your parenting abilities, I'm sure you've done a great job!!!

JRED, good for you for asking lots of questions at the restaurant. I do the same. It may seem like a pain to you/them, but just think, if someone is allergic to something and they don't ask, it could spell trouble. I'll tell restaurants I'm allergic to xxx and they'll make sure it's without whatever I say-better than a possible lawsuit. Search the TJ's website and see where the ones in MD are at and just call when you get there and they can tell you what store is closer. I would tell you to look at the POUND PLUS DK CHOCOLATE BAR/TRADER GIOTTI'S EXTRA VIRGIN OLIVE OIL, TG'S BALSMATIC VINEGAR, TG'S TOMATO SPLASH, their nuts, MARANTHA ALMOND BUTTER (best price if you like it),TJ'S CHOC. COVERED COFFEE BEANS (not on SB but they are wonderful AND cheap!), there's just so much! The stores are not big at all, only about 6-7 short aisles, but look and read ALL the labels and just have a great time picking stuff up. You too will be a TJ'S lover before you leave the store, that is, if you like stuff like that like I do. To me, going to places like that on vacation is the hightlight of my whole trip (sad, isn't it!).

GRACIOUS, what's there to do in PEI? Sounds like a beautiful place, have never been there, much less even know where it actually is. I'm sure you'll enjoy the time away.

CHRIS, don't worry about posting to everyone, it's just enough to let us know you're with us and how you are doing.

FRUIT, glad to hear you're doing a bit better. Still no idea where (or even if) Mom and I will go anywhere, esp. now that I have this unexpected bill to pay-will let you know if we will be near!

KIMMY, glad to see your post and to know we'll have you back on the board more often next week!

DARAMUS, you have to worry about your knees at your age??? Good luck with all the exercise, you're going to be buff soon!

Guess I can finally say I'm caught up, for now at least. I have to go get into the shower and get ready to go to Eli's store.

Will check in later tonight or sometime tomorrow.

Have a wonderful weekend!

Debbie
194/124/129
SB since 3/22/00
Reached goal 6/10/01
Old 06-14-2002, 05:14 PM   #138  

S/C/G: 278/163/143

Height: 5'8"

I saw a commercial last night saying that Luigi's(pizza/pasta) place has a SB menu. Something about using whole wheat dough and sugarfree sauce. I bet it's good. Anyway, the deli chicken in a crockpot was good. Anyone try the new Kraft,Light Done Right dressing, 3 cheese ranch? It's really yummy. Joseph is doing well. Now Ashley is the one with a cold and I hope Boogie doesn't get it before the heart cath- it will have to be rescheduled. I was at 233 this morning,better than Monday's 238. Now I only have 3 pounds to go before I am on the right track again!

This was taken when Ashley was a baby and I was heavier in the photo than I am now(about 20 pounds or so). I don't have any recent pics of me- I hate to take pics!

HW:270
SBSW:236
Old 06-14-2002, 05:18 PM   #139  
SUPER CHICK aka Moderator

Here's my FRIDAY FUNNY!

LORENA'S SISTER

LORENA BOBBITT'S SISTER WAS ARRESTED IN BROKEN
ARROW, OKLAHOMA FOR TRYING TO DO THE SAME THING TO
HER HUSBAND AS HER FAMOUS SISTER HAD DONE SEVERAL
YEARS AGO.

THE SISTER WAS NOT AS ACCURATE AS LORENA. SHE
MISSED THE TARGET AND STABBED HER HUSBAND IN THE
UPPER LEG CAUSING SEVERE MUSCLE AND TENDON DAMAGE.
HE IS RECOVERING IN THE TRAUMA UNIT AT SAINT FRANCIS
HOSPITAL.

She has been charged with a MISSDEWIENER!!!
Old 06-14-2002, 06:45 PM   #140  
BIG ORANGE FOOTBALL RULES

EVENING EVERY BUDDY!!!

Hope everyone has a good weekend planned. I'm keeping mine low key to make sure I don't get too hot and rekindle my illness again! Thanks to everyone's well wishes...appreciate them very much!

UPDATE on the WEIGHT LOSS CHALLENGE....Even after saying the money would be non refundable if you quit, it was...they did, and I'm still plugging along...I'm on a good road right now, and I'm not going to let a little thing like $$$$$$$ get in my way. So my pockets won't be over flowing, but the BEACH BUNNIES still might get a home cooked BOB meal

BOB
Old 06-14-2002, 07:49 PM   #141  

Hey...check out this website.. I was lurking over on the main board and came upon this link...

http://members.aol.com/xvxwcxvx/diet.htm

Voice your thoughts on what you read.....

BOB
Old 06-14-2002, 09:30 PM   #142  

Jock The Painter
>
>There was a tradesman, a painter called Jock, who was very interested in making a penny where he could, so he often would thin down paint to make it go a wee bit further.
>
>
>
>As it happened, he got away with this for some time, but eventually the Baptist Church decided to do a big restoration job on the painting of one of their biggest buildings. Jock put in a bid, and because his price was so low, he got the job.
>
>And so he set to erecting the trestles and setting up the planks, and buying the paint and, yes, I am sorry to say, thinning it down with turpentine.
>
>Well, Jock was up on the scaffolding, painting away, the job nearly
>completed when suddenly there was a horrendous clap of thunder,
>
>and the
>
>sky opened, the rain poured down, washing the thinned paint from all over the church and knocking Jock clear off the scaffold to land on the lawn among the gravestones, surrounded by telltale puddles of the thinned and useless paint.
>
>Jock was no fool. He knew this was a judgment from the Almighty, so he got on his knees and cried: "Oh, God! Forgive me! What should I do?" And from the thunder, a mighty voice spoke...
>
>(you're going to love this)
>
>
>
>
>
>
>"Repaint! Repaint! And thin no more!"

>
>Ouch ... I'm outta here

> BOB
Old 06-14-2002, 09:34 PM   #143  

Default FABULOUS FRIDAY!!!!!

Hi Everyone! It’s a “happenin” Friday night here in good old Cinti. I’m happy (and relieved) to report that my eating for Day Three has gone really well. There is a real comfort in knowing that I am doing the right thing. Paully and I went to Krogers (sorry BOB!) and I picked up a few things that would keep me SB legal. And yippee my Krogers (sorry BOB) had the Snyder’s Organic oat pretzel sticks. Tomorrow we are having a special advanced tutor training workshop. I won’t be teaching, but I will have to be the host of it. Well, I’ve already got my serving of 18 pretzels waiting in a ziploc for tomorrow morning. I had to buy other snacks for the people attending. So I wanted to make sure I wouldn’t be tempted to try some of that illegal stuff. Do you think that low fat cream on a ww bagel is a good idea for a snack?

I have a question. How can Special K be legal on SB? I read the box tonight and it has high fructose corn syrup. So that doesn’t sound legal to me.

MONET---Your pix were great! Don’t you look smashing in your blue outfit! Thanks for sharing. We had cakes with flowers on top of them at our wedding. Thanks for the memory.

SEF---Do you know shorthand to help you with your notetaking? You probably needed a hand massage when you were done. I would also like to hear your recipe for Shrimp Scampi. That’s the only seafood DH likes.

RED1---The pretzels are Organic Oat Bran pretzel sticks made my Snyders of Hanover. It’s a teeny bag, but you get 18 in the serving. So I hope to make them last. Look in the organic section of the market.

JACK-K---I know there is a David’s Bridal store here. It’s huge. There used to be a section of Reading (northern suburb) that had lots of wedding stores. And come to think of it, there was a place there that had discount prices on designer dresses. I’m not sure if all that stuff is still there, but I can’t imagine why it wouldn’t still be in business. I’ll try to ask around. Want me to mail you the bridal section from the yellow pages? Just let me know and email me your snail mail address.

FRUIT---I missed that you had something done to you and don’t know what you are recuperating from. But I’ll send you some good thoughts and gentle hugs. Hope it goes will and that you are back to 100% soon.

KIMMYTK---Did you get my email today? I got your message.

NANCE---Hey, congrats on losing another 1.5. You are doing great! Just keep kicking those nasty pounds that snuck back on to the curb. And tell them firmly to STAY OFF!!!

SERENE---Nice to meet you too! Ooo, your clothes are getting looser. FANTASTIC! I’m so jealous. LOL. Dr. Phil is doing two weeks on Getting Real about FAT. Last week’s show (which I really wish I had taped) was about why people overeat and why people are overweight. It was great! There were a couple of women who had consulted with him years ago and they both had lost so much weight. He really forced them (with that great way he has) to face some truths that they were not willing to face before. Anyway, next Tuesday is about his ideas for strategies for losing. He says that you must have a strategy, so that when those down times come or there are all these temptations, you will be ready to handle it. But that’s all that I know so far. I started ready his book called Self Matters. So far it’s really good, but I’m just in the first chapter. I really like the way he looks at life.

DEB---Are you sure you didn’t give me one swift kick while you were chewing???? I’ll start looking around here for agave. I did find it at one of our health food stores a long time ago. I’ll keep looking. Do you think there’s a mysterious shortage of it?

BOB---Glad to hear that you are going to take it easy this weekend. I hope you got yourself an ample supply of movies and are ready to veg on the couch and get totally healthy. Maybe Skeeter wants to get some extra scratches behind the ear.

Well, girls, that’s it for tonight. There’s already too much stuff planned for the weekend. Boo hoo. Anyway, tomorrow night we’re going downtown for something called RibFest. We aren’t going for the ribs. We’re going for the music. There are two bands we really like who will be in town playing: Smithereens and Cheap Trick. Anybody heard of them??? Take care. I’ll try and check in tomorrow.

Kim
Old 06-15-2002, 12:15 AM   #144  
Wife, Mother, Goddess

My goodness this board has been busy! I can't keep up and I'm checking in every morning and night! Had a good day.....after work I went to 3 discount stores and bought some books on sale.
I have 4 new books for about $28.00..retail would have been around $100 plus! I love books....live at the library and also have a couple book cases at home, and am ready for a third!

Everyone is gone....daughter camping at teh beach...son went up to the mountains, Dan the Man at military drill...It's just me, Floyd and Trixie. Relatives will arrive tomorrow to celebrate my Dads 80th birthday....my parents had me late...I was a surprise!

Been doing real good OP. Had yogurt, berries, and cereal for breakfast, fajitas for lunch (we got taken out by a rep ), and grilled some chicken sausages tonight for dinner with a couple sides and a 1/2 glass of red wine. Worked for me. Watching Jane Austen flicks...all I can get in while I have peace and quiet....except I'm love sick and miss Dan so much! He called tonight and I was so happy to hear from him.

Serene Thanks for giving me the skinny on Tranquil. Glad she is enjoying her trip. It's aot easier to drive to different states in the mid west and east coast....but Texas and California are BIG!
Would love to go on a road trip and drive around the USA. I feel fortunate that when I was a child...7ish...my parents took me on a trip around the USA and I've seen alot of sites. Just want to do it as a grown up now!

WHERE'S VESNOID BEEN?????Long time no post....did I miss something, was she going on vacation after school got out???

BOB DID YOU READ WHAT DEB POSTED?????? I'd be scared with a capital "s" if I were you!

Well, I'm going to call it a night...and pray that the boogie man doesn't bite!
Old 06-15-2002, 12:17 AM   #145  

Default Friday night

Hope everybody's having a great weekend. The rain brought some lovely cool temperatures for the morning. I know it won't last 'cause it is Texas in June, but it sure was nice this morning.

I spent the day cleaning my bathroom and shampooing the carpets in three rooms. I had to take a couple of hours off to go to the hospital to pre-admit my DD for day surgery on Monday. She has to have her knee scoped. The doctor says it's a Plaica (don't know if that's spelled even remotely correct). She's been in quite a lot of pain for about a month. She even came home early tonight because it hurt so bad. And this is the one who lives for a party. Hope this helps her.

Kimmy- I'm so glad you checked in. Hope eveything's going okay. I bet you're busy now that all your kiddos are out of school.

Sef: Thanks for the shrimp scampi recipe. I love it and that will be an easy way to fix it. I made myself a big salad with some crawfish tails yesterday. It was delicious. I love my shellfish!

Deb: Thanks for the list. I love the Maranatha Almond Butter. My little HFS carries it. I've had to ration it to myself, tho, lately. I'm eating way too much fat, even if it's the good fat of nuts. Loved they Friday funny. I read the others to my babygirl but decided yours was a wee bit "mature" for her 13 year old ears.
You are doing great with your exercise. Keep goin' Girlfriend.

BOB: Sounds like that lady is kinda on the edge to me. I think some of that stuff makes sense, but I don't know about some other stuff.

Daramus: Just strenghten up those knees and squat! You'll be gracing the cover of one of those shape magazines before you know it.

Tina: Have fun at the reunion. I'm missing ours this summer to go to Waverly to pick babygirl up from gymnastic camp. Loved the blanket.

Trish: Can you find out about the amber agave that St. Pat's has on their website? I kept getting an error when I clicked on it.

Red1: Bub wants to be an aviator, so maybe he'll be there visiting you one day. Try to ease your parents into your WOE. I've done that with my family. Then again, I've cooked separately for me most of my life because of always dieting.

Quilter Kim: I've wondered the same about Special K because it's made with rice.

Moet: The newlyweds look fabulous and so do you! Hope things with your teenager are better. I'm right there with you.

Serene: Did Tranquil's scales grab you while you were taking care of her pets? BTW: We have a college friend who retired from the Navy in Jksville. His wife owns an upscale consignment shop, I think it's called the Snob. We keep saying we're going to go visit.

Beth: How was the dancin'?

It's my bedtime and I am tired from my carpet cleaning so I'll sign off and wish everyone a restful weekend.

Jeanie
196/163/130
Old 06-15-2002, 12:53 AM   #146  

DEB- Where do you get your clipart images from? I have found several sites, but they are only in GIF format. Where do you get the JPG's from?
Old 06-15-2002, 01:27 AM   #147  

Default This is my fave(I can relate all too well)

Subject: THE HEART

"Tomorrow morning," the surgeon began,
"I'll open up your
heart..."

"You'll find Jesus there," the boy
interrupted.

The surgeon looked up, annoyed "I'll
cut your heart open," he continued,
to see how much damage has been
done..."

"But when you open up my heart, you'll
find Jesus in there," said the boy.

The surgeon looked to the parents, who
sat quietly. "When I see how much
damage has been done, I'll sew your
heart and chest back up, and I'll plan
what to do next."

"But you'll find Jesus in my heart. The
Bible says He lives there. The
hymns all say He lives there. You'll
find Him in my heart."

The surgeon had had enough. "I'll tell
you what I'll find in your heart.
I'll find damaged muscle, low blood
supply, and weakened vessels.
And I'll find out if I can make you well."

"You'll find Jesus there too. He lives
there."

The surgeon left.

The surgeon sat in his office, recording his
notes from the surgery, "...damaged aorta, damaged
pulmonary vein, widespread muscle degeneration.
No hope for transplant, no hope for cure. Therapy:
painkillers and bed rest. Prognosis:, "
here he paused, "death within one year."

He stopped the recorder, but there was
more to be said. "Why?" he asked aloud.
"Why did You do this? You've put
him here; You've put him in this pain; and
You've cursed him to an early death. Why?"

The Lord answered and said, "The boy,
My lamb, was not meant for your
flock for long, for he is a part of My
flock, and will forever be.
Here, in My flock, he will feel no pain, and
will be comforted as you cannot imagine.
His parents will one day join him here,
and they will know peace, and
My flock will continue to grow."

The surgeon's tears were hot, but his
anger was hotter. "You created that
boy, and You created that heart. He'll
be dead in months. Why?"

The Lord answered, "The boy, My lamb,
shall return to My flock, for He has
Done his duty: I did not put My lamb
with your flock to lose him, but to retrieve another lost lamb."

The surgeon wept. The surgeon sat
beside the boy's bed; the boy's
parents sat across from him. The boy awoke and
whispered, "Did you cut open my heart?"

"Yes," said the surgeon.

"What did you find?" asked the boy.

"I found Jesus there," said the
surgeon.
Old 06-15-2002, 07:42 AM   #148  
Bustin' Buddy

Hey Pals!

Me again...just checking in! Glad to see everyone is still hopping! Went to the doctor yesterday. He took the old packing out and put some different new packing in. woo hoo And - yes - my nose still bled during the night. I go back Monday - if the bleeding continues, I go back into the operating room for them to cauterize - which they don't want to do if they don't have too.. He said it's one of those "catch 22" situations - it would stop the bleeding BUT it would affect something else. WHO KNOWS! I just know that I'm tired as **** of my nosebleeds!

That's the update!

NANCE: HELP - you need to get over here ASAP! Especially since you have no one to care for this weekend- you feel like making a road trip - I NEED my nurse friend! HAHA! Enjoy the peace and quiet in your house!

Hello to everyone - once again - can't stay upright for a long time - so gotta run!!

Missy
284/238/170
Old 06-15-2002, 08:53 AM   #149  

Hey everyone..I've been MIA lately. A combination of stress, being sick and really focusing on others things besides losing weight. I think I'm ready to start getting back on track now. I think I might have gained a pound or so, but for the most part I really didn't see much of a gain. This is where I usually get stuck. I lose a good bit of weight and then I stop eating well when I'm 5 pounds to my goal weight. I'm not going to let it beat me though.

Deb-Congrats on your accomplishments. I think it's great that you have been able to stick to your goal weight for a whole year. I'm sure a lot of us are inspired by you. I know I am!

Nance- I was looking for Vesnoid as well...I guess she tends to come and go.. like me

Fruit-Ouch..I've read some of what's going on with you, and it doesn't sound fun. Hope you have a very rapid recovery!!

Heartmom- sounds like you're going through a lot, all the time. I'm thinking of you...

I have to jet.. Gotta get some laundry in before my BF's Grandma gets here. Visiting from FL. and we're taking her to the Whitney tonight. Miss you guys! I'll check the board again soon.
Old 06-15-2002, 10:32 AM   #150  
Wife, Mother, Goddess

This is something I promised I would post a long time ago, and obviously didn't get around to it. Debbie probably originally posted it, and I printed it out so I could keep it with my other SB info. I hope it will help everyone...sorry if there are typo's!

How Water Helps You Lose Fat

Drinking enough water is the easiest thing you can do to lose excess fat. And the best of all, it's free!

Drinking water is not just to make your mouth feel less dry. In fact, if you wait until you're thristy, your body is already dehydrated because your salivary glads are the last resort for getting hydration to your cells. Water is what causes your body to function efficiently.

One of the first signs that you aren't getting enough water is fatigue. Sometimes we satisfy the need for a burst of energy with coffee, which is the opposite of what you need. Coffee is a diuretic, which actually dehydrates you further, nuturing a self-destructive cycle.

You'll see that drinking sporadically during the day will also surppresses your appetite-your hunger for water is the cause of the craving, not the need for extra calories. Thirst signals are often confused with hunger signals. If you aren't used to drinking much water, this could be more of a problem for you than for people who are familiar with the feeling of being thirsty. People who don't drink water get a small amount from the food they eat, which is not nearly enough. For them, hunger and thrist feel like the same thing-so along with the tiny bit of water absorbed from food, they also get the unnecessary calories, which are stored as extra fat.

A sure sign that you are dehydrated is the color of your urine. If you're drinking enough water, it should be a very light yellow to clear in color. Medium yellowish to nearly orange in color merits a trip to the water fountain. (Any other colors merit a trip to the doctor)

Water helps your liver convert fat into usable energy. If you don't drink enough water, your kidneys are overwhelmed with concentrated fluids, and they make your liver do extra work. Your liver works hard to turn your body fat into energy for use, and if it has to do the kidney's work, then you hold onto the extra fat that would have been burned if you'd simply had enough water. And what's worse is that instead of excreting water and waste products, you reabsorb used water to reuse. This is what causes water retention and bloating.

When you don't get enough water, your body panics and holds on to it selfishly, as though you are in famine. The best way to get rid of this water retention is to drink enough of it. You'll also feel thristy more often, and this will start a healthy cycle of thirst leading to hydration. But you have to keep it up because if you stop drinking enough water, all the good things you've gained from drinking water(balanced body fluids, weight loss, decreased hunger and thirst) will reverse back to the way they were.

You need at least 8 cups of water a day. If you exercise or live in a dry climate, add 2 more cups, and if you're overweight, drink 1 to 2 extra cups. Overweight people have higher metabolic requirements, more waste products to flush out, and it keeps extra skin from sagging after fat is gone.

Here's a good water drinking schedule that will help you remember to drink until you don't have to think about it anymore:

Get a 32oz. plastic cup at a drug store to drink from. One big cup seems easier that lots of little ones.

Sip one big cupful in the morning as you're getting dressed.

Have one cupful during the late morning/early afternoon.

Drink one cupful gradually in the late afternoon/early evening-the earlier you finish this one the better so you won't have to get up during the night.

Even without changing your eating and exercise habits. increasing the amount of water you drink will cause your fat cells to shrink. Do all three consistently, and you'll easily get to (and maintain) a healthy weight.
Closed Thread