Sugar Shakers for followers of Sugar Busters and other GI based diets

View Poll Results: At this time, how CONFIDENT are you that you will reach your goal weight while on SB?
Extremely confident 12 27.91%
Very confident 13 30.23%
Somewhat confident 3 6.98%
A bit confident 5 11.63%
Not so confident 4 9.30%
Not confident 2 4.65%
Doubtful 0 0%
I have already reached my goal while on SB! 2 4.65%
Other/No Opinion 2 4.65%
Voters: 43. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 04-17-2002, 03:31 PM   #76  
Child of God

Hi Carrie! Welcome to the SB board! I am glad you were able to find the main board that we post on.
Well, I know all about having kids. I have been pergos 6 times with one miscarry. Iam the type that would lose at first, then gain, then lose again. I never had much trouble getting rid of the extra # after birth. I am lucky in that way!
I was on Atkins for a month and lost 10-/+ pounds, but then stalled. I joined SB and have lost about 11+ pounds and am almost at my goal. I started my whole diet experience at the end of Jan. I am 5' 7" and 34 y/o. I am the type that does lose easy though. I am one big yo-yo!!! My goal is to maintain! I did start to exercise as well and that helped.

With you BF...the pounds should come off easier...well, they did for me and do for most, but not all.
I love that age, 7 months! My youngest is 2 1/2 and I sometimes miss those days....sometimes. He was pretty hard at that age.

There are many more here who are much more experienced than I...so ask away!!
Old 04-17-2002, 03:42 PM   #77  

S/C/G: 257/169/155

Height: 5'6"

Hi Gang,

Just now getting back to post after my happy dance.
Made the best "fried" chicken last nite (baked inthe oven), but it had a great crust. I got the recipe out of Cooking Light mag and you sprayed it with Pam and then dipped in flour and sprayed again with Pam. It really was crusty. Didn't even notice the ww flour. I'll try to post the recipe.

Sheann, Glad your son is home, but I hope this new Dr. can give you all some answers. Keeping your in my prayers.

Frog, I think pampered chef and some of those other parties let you do "secret" parties where you send the books to your friends and they order from the books.. If so, you could send us all books and we could order and have our own SB Secrete Party. Hope you can get on the board more, it truly makes you feel better. Hang in there.

Deb, sounds like you had a good day shopping. WTG on eating luch alone. I don't like to do that either. Basically, I don't like to do anything alone.

Tranquil, Hope you are feeling better soon. Take care.

Gracious, so glad you are feeling better Glad you found your journal too. Thanks for the kind words.

Red1, Thanks for your kind words. Keep those windows shut.

Kimmy, I have been to the Cinci zoo once when I was a little girl. Tried to go a few years back, but never got there. We now have 6 gorillas at the Lou Zoo. I can't wait to see them. They won't be open to the public until June, they are adapting right now. You will have to come see them. I love the elephants too.

Toni, Congrats onthe 1#. It's better than gaining 1. Hang in there. Your goal is lower than mine. I will have to wait and see when I get to 145. I just want to see it.

Mel, Get rid of that sugar. Sugar is poison. You can do it. One hour at a time. Remember what you are trying to accomplish. Pretend it will kill you. (it will) You can do it girlfriend.

Nance, WTG on the 3.5 pounds. We can do the happy dance together. Let's keep going in that direction.

Filsie, Glad you are back with us. You sound so down. Hold onto your memories and smile. God BLess.

Beth, WAY TO GO GIRL on the job. Maybe you can call on friends or someone to help with the kids. Still praying for your SD. I hope he gets better and starts taking care of himself. What a shame to go through all that. It should be a warning to everyone.

Trish, I like your attitude about not losing. Just think how much more it will be next week.

Adrons Girl, Congrats on being under that 250. Isn't it funny how we set milestones.It's always fun to shop for new jewelry.

Sol, Glad to see you are back. You make me tired, 8 miles going for 10. I can barely get thru my 3. Hope you get your meds straightened out.

Heartmom, That's ok. 3 days isn't much time. Give it another week and I bet you see a big drop. Hang in there.

Monet, Congrats on the 2 pounds. Be glad that the bird is not a bluejay. They will attack you.

Shmily, Welcome. this is a great board. It is something you can do while breatfeeding and also for the rest of your life. This is a wonderful board for support. FYI I have lost 61 pounds in 7 months. 50 to go. Welcome

Jackie
257/196 /145
10-10-01
Old 04-17-2002, 03:46 PM   #78  

Default WIW (sigh)

This being mid-cycle, I almost didn't get on the scale. I'm up 4 pounds! I've felt bloated and wanted to eat everything but kept is SB legal. I've got a bad feeling about the next TOM. ( Sorry Daramus)

I made it to chat last night just as you were leaving, Deb, or should I say booted. We are addicted to "24" on FOX and I have to watch it too closely to be able to also read the computer. I enjoyed our short chat Kim and Quiv

Jack K: Congrats on the loss! That is super-duper.

Pravda: You okay? We just had about 30 seconds of dollar coin sized hail and lots of hard rain. The clouds were really spooky looking though. This is not my favorite time of year when the storms blow through.

Trish: See above. We are east of downtown and had a couple of storms blow through but the one with the tornadoes was in Arlington and tracked northwest of us.

Music: Thinking about your friend and her daughter. We didn't have specials this week because our music and p.e. teachers had to give TAAS. I had to cover for a 4th grade teacher today who had to go to the doctor.
BTW everybody not in TX. TAAS is the state-wide test that is given every year to thrid - tenth graders. It's not a national test, just one created for our exceptional children. The teachers have done such a good job of teaching students that they've had to create a "harder" one. That one will be given next year AND third graders have to pass it to advance to 4th grade. Talk about pressure. It's gotten so bad that we have children who think we should stop school after the test because "there's nothing left to teach!" It's kinda sad, in a way. All you acronym lovers: it's Texas Assessment of Academic Skills.

HeartMom: Don't get discouraged!!!! Please think of this as a new way of life. I think it will be very helpful for you if you don't eat any carbs for at least a week. Even healthy ones give your body the sugar it craves. I stayed away from them for about a month, then added one serving a day. I still have only 1 or 2. On my bad days I will have 3. I eat sweet potatoes, WW breads, WW pasta and brown rice. Sometimes Triscuits for a snack. Loved you baby's website. He's precious and so is your daughter.

Fellise: Glad you're back and it's nice that you have your parents for a few days. Congrats on your loss and possible converts!

Beth: Congrats on the new job. Have your SD in my prayers. I do hope this is his wake-up call to a better, healthier lifestyle. Do you have someone you could car-pool with for school? Maybe exchange rides to the ballfield for rides to school?

Nance: Welcome back, sister. I know you can stay with us this time.

BOB: Feeling better today? That's really not the best way to try and win a contest, ya know?!

Fruit: How's the throat and the - you know- snot? I hate that word. And I hate fart, too. Just can't make myself say them!

Adronsgirl: Congrats on the loss and new rings! That hasn't worked at my house. But we are working up to our 24th anniversary in August, so we're kinda boring.

Crystle: Did you get any of this weather? Or did it just visit north central TX? I have to confess, I do weigh every day, but I haven't been one to weigh more than once a day. I know I'll weigh more later in the day, so why bother!?

Toni: Congrats on your loss. How far away from Fayettville, AR are you? We used to live in Ft. Smith. One of my favorite places is Roaring River. My nephew loves to go there to fly fish.

Frog: Someone brought a SLAH book to our school today! I think that's so funny. Never heard of it before til you posted about it and now it's everywhere!

Mel: you know what it takes to get back into that smaller size and you can do it, girl! How much longer before your DD comes home? Brandon will be home for 3 days in 3 weeks. I haven't seen him since January 2 and I miss him terribly. He won't be home again until the end of June after his summer cruise - not the kind we're used to. He'll be shadowing an enlisted sailor learning what it's like to be someone he'll one day be in charge of.

Pooch: How's your DD?? We should know soon what ship our Bubba is going to be on. But that could change between now and the end of May!

Ladies I didn't personally respond to: I am very sorry, but I've forgotten what you posted. I hope you all have a great Wednesday, that the scales are good to you and that you forgive me.

Take care,
Jeanie
196/I don't want to put it down/130
Old 04-17-2002, 05:12 PM   #79  

Default Red1

This is so weird. When I was there, the plant was Kerr-McGee. I think it was in late 1989 but it could have been a little later than that. I'm pretty sure that was when we took over the contract for their claims. Hard to believe it's been that long. Everyone was really nice. One of the manager's had me over for dinner. I can't remember any of the people's names that I met but I'm sure they're long gone. I remember flying into the airport at Inyokern (is that how you spell it?) and thinking, what have I gotten myself into? What a small world.
Old 04-17-2002, 05:23 PM   #80  

I made my mini-goal!! I weigh 155, down 2lbs since last week. I think that my theory on staying strict during TOM and continuing exercise really helped! The first few weeks were slow but now it seems the pounds are sliding off. I sure hope this continues to my final goal. I would like to be 150-152 by the end of the month and potentially 145. I think it really helps to give yourself mini-goals. I feel like I already accomplished something.

To everyone who made it to chat..had fun. It was nice to talk to all of you in real time.

To all you losers, congrats...

To all of you going through hard times, you are in my thoughts.
Old 04-17-2002, 05:43 PM   #81  

Default I am fine

Thanks to all who were concerned, the tornados came pretty close to my house, not more than a few miles. We were not even touched. Thank God for that!
I am 100 OP today! That is a great feeling!
I am drinking water and eating no sugar and no carbs that are illegal! YAHOOO! Day one....now I have to go the rest of the week. One day at a time!
Congrats to all the LOSERS out there! Keep up the great work.

Pravda
262/245/125
mini goal 220 aug 2002
Old 04-17-2002, 05:55 PM   #82  

Height: 5' 7"

Default Jeanie...

The weather stayed well north of us. So glad you guys weren't hurt by the storms. My son is sitting here squishing my sunburn going "is it burnt moma"....LOL ouch...silly fella. *smile*

I made a big pot of collards and some stewed eggplant this morning. Dinner is already preped for tonight. I get to be lazy moma this evening.

Love,
Crystle
Old 04-17-2002, 07:01 PM   #83  
BIG ORANGE FOOTBALL RULES

EVENING EVERY BUDDY!!!

Glad to hear all you TEXAS GALS are still tied to the ground. I was thinking about you all.

NANCY....DARAMUS is our MYSTERY MAN and he comes out of hiding every once in a while to give us an update on himself.
12 HRS IN A CAR WITH YOU???? I don't think so...I'll be jumping in somewhere between SOL and BKM
I doubt that I will be coming down to Debs, but who knows? It would give me a chance to see my SWEETIE and the KIDS...

DEB...do you mean CEDAR LANE? I've seen that label, but not
CEDAR LAKE??? Sorry I didn't make chat...when the reruns start, I'll be in the room before you every week!

SEF...I've got to check that recipe out. It might be one that someone gave me that I've not tried. Doesn't ring a bell...BUT personally...I would rather have not sweet as really sweet, so I would say it would be your call if you want to add more.

We've got a storm going on right now...thunder but I haven't seen any lightening..we could use a steady rain all night..POLLEN is CRAZY!!!

I'm telling you all....I now know what it's like to be a BULEMIC...after last nights hurling episode...no danger in that happening to me!

Is ANYONE watching OZZY OSBORNE??? on MTV??? I watched last night for the first time...It's really funny!

For all you AREOSMITH fans...there is a tribute on MTV tonight at 9pm for their 30yr anniversary...

I'm outta here... to everyone...hope your all having a good evening...

BOB
Old 04-17-2002, 08:38 PM   #84  

Thumbs down AGAVE ON THE TUBE AGAIN!

hi everyone,

had a fun time at chat, as usual i have a hard time reading and typing at the same time! deb, i think increasing the chatters (?)
to 15 might be a good idea, can you imagine the conversations going on at once!

while listening to the weakest link when i got home from work today one of the answers was AGAVE! sarah informed me that the stuff must be pretty popular if it got to be a question/answer on the weakest link. i am pretty sure the contestant had no idea what they were talking about. LOL!

weight wise am still at a standstill again, not surprising after my run in with deb's cheesecake this week. the crustless quiche is quite the hit at work as is the zucchini loaf. even the non-sbers were wanting a taste.

thoughts and prayers for everyone having hard times, the care and support from this extended family can truly be felt. welcome to the new ones and to the others thanks for keeping me legal when i check the board! i tend to think twice after i read how everyone is doing.

survivor is on thursday and i am so addicted to watching. it has been an interactive hour that my family knows not to disturb me. my friend nance(a 75% sugarbuster she has lost about 26pounds since we started together) and i kibbutz via the phone during the commercials discussing and critiquing the tribe members. my sister in st.louis always calls after the voted off camper puts out his torch. i guess i need to do something more constructive with my time but i am hooked! oh well i could have worse vices, right?

hope all have a great week, the big guy is coming home this weekend so his mommy can fuss over him. to all of you with little kids, trust me they grow up way too fast and you blink and they are away at college.

take care,

chris
Old 04-17-2002, 09:01 PM   #85  
Undercover Diva

S/C/G: 242/ticker/175

Height: 5'6"

Default WIW

Well... I went to the MIL's house today, and weighed in... I'm DOWN 4 POUNDS since Friday.. EVEN THOUGH IT'S TOM!!!! That puts me OVER THE HALFWAY POINT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well... just thought I'd post the numbers... gonna get to bed early so I can get up in time for WORK tomorrow!!!

No news on my SD... thanks for the prayers!
Old 04-17-2002, 10:17 PM   #86  
Child of God

Default OZZY............

Did someone say.......OZZY.
Bob...I saw Rosie talk about the show last week. I guess she is addicted. I actually have seen it a few times and love it!
Way back...and I mean way back, I loved Ozzy. My first taste of him was w/ Black Sabbath when I was 8...I got an 8-track of Paranoid. I got hooked. Well, growing up I became infactuated with him. Well, I grew up, but a part of me still look if I hear his name! I actually met him and got to know his key board player when I was 18 (I took concert photos). He was kind and so not what the media made him to be. As a matter of fact, I was on the bus that Ozzy and his family rode. I saw his daughters crib...Aimee (the one who moved out).
So...yes..I now have watched him like 3 times and die laughing. I hate the bad lango...but they beep it out. His kids are losers. I saw his kids at a concert about 9 years ago...Jack was so cute...but he was 7.

Glad to see I have someone I can say hey......did you see that with!!!
Old 04-17-2002, 10:24 PM   #87  

Ok, I cheated. I posted my recipes tonight. Now it is time for me to go to bed. I can't remember being this tired in ages!

Sweet dreams everyone! (SB legal of course!)

Monet
Old 04-17-2002, 10:38 PM   #88  
Bustin' Buddy

Hey Everyone!

I haven't read any posts yet as I'm writing this - so I don't know how WIW was for everyone! I'm down 4 pounds from last week but I'm actually up from my low of the week. Oh well - I'm gonna take that 4 pounds and run with it!!! I just want to break that 250 mark so bad!!! This morning - I was at 252.5 - UGH!

Ok - here goes my attempt at catching up on posts!

BETH: Wow - they didn't waste any time calling you back! I told you to be positive!! WoooHoooo!!! Congrats on getting the job - don't worry about the schedule - it will all work out!!! 4 pounds - you go girl!!

BOB: Drinks on you sound great to me!!! Everyone is talking about OZZY's show - unbelievable! I am amazed at the people that have been watching it - I really need to take a peek. I've been hooked on TLC - so many interesting things!

DEB: If you don't have time to call Saturday - no big deal - I totally understand my friend!! I know you have a bazillion pots on the fire at once!!!

GRACIOUS: Good for you - passing on those cookies!!! Nothing like cookies and milk when you don't feel good!! That USED to always make me feel better!!!

JACK-K: Had to laugh when you said you put on a dress that was 10-15 years old - it's probably back in style!!!! Congrats to you for getting back into it!! Also - way to go for breaking the 200 mark!!! What an accomplishment!!

RED1: I just can't imagine what that mess was like! Your poor cars!!! That is terrible - wish I could have been there to help you clean your house - I just love to clean -NOT! Really - I would have helped ya!

MUSIC: Y'alls TAAS must be like our LEAP test. They take it in 4, 8 and I'm not sure what higher grade - but if they don't pass the test - they don't go to the next grade. 3rd grade on up took IOWA at the same time as LEAP but K-2 take it this week. My class did ok on the math part today - but the last 2 days were horrible! 2 days left - thank the LORD!

PRAVDA: Keep us posted on the bloodwork - we are keeping our fingers crossed for you - I know all about those traumas - been going through them myself for 5 years!! So, I know the anxiety of that bloodwork all to well! Good Luck!

ROSALIE: You go girl with the size 14 pants!!! How exciting! I think that the day that I fit in a 14 I'm going to wear them right out of the store with the size tag still on them!! As for music at our school - I totally agree with you. You know what I do though…I bring my keyboard to school and we sing in my class! HAHA! I teach them a few things that I know - just to get them a little "exposed" but nothing to technical. My kids do get PE, computer, library and French. So, I guess they figure that's enough!! HAHA!

HEARTMOM: Welcome to the board! I'm so sorry to hear of everything that your family has gone through with your son's syndrome. I'm sure that has been very hard. Congrats though on your weight loss!! You are doing very well! Keep that up and if you need any help - the experts on this WOE are on this board! So, just ask away and they will help you!!

GATOR: Welcome BACK!!! We missed you! Sounds like you had a wonderful trip. I don't know that I could have stayed in some of those hotels. I'm spoiled!! I would have probably been no fun to be around cause I would have been miserable! Isn't that horrible that I'm such a spoiled brat?!? Oh -well, I guess that means that I shouldn't go to Cuba any time soon! Glad you are home safe with us!

NANCE: WELCOME BACK! Girl - I'm living proof too that you don't stay on plan when you are away from this board!!! I've been back and forth too many times to count!! HAHA - glad to see you again!! Way to go on the 3.5 loss!

QUIV: Where are you originally from? I must have missed it in one of your posts. Congrats on meeting your mini goal!! I'm so proud of you!

FROG: So happy to hear that you enjoyed your SLAH party. It's nice to know that the company is good to their "people" - makes you want to work harder! Sounds like you've got quite the mess with those walls - good luck!!

SHEANN: Glad to hear that your son is home! Please keep us posted on his progress!

TRANQUIL: Hope you feel better soon - hope I didn't give it to ya!! 12 pounds this month so far - AWESOME!!! Keep up the good work!!

FILLISE: Glad to see you back on the board - I have been thinking of you often. I have had that Lemoncello stuff too - isn't it just awful?! My cousin brought some back from Spain when he went - UGH! We were doing them as shots and I thought I was gonna throw it right up!

TRISH: Don't get discouraged - the weight will come off - we are rooting for you!!!! At least you didn't GAIN any!!

MEL: Too funny that he hid the scale from you! That is hilarious!

ADRONSGIRL: So happy to hear that you broke the 250 mark - I hope that I'm right behind you!?!

MONET: Had to giggle when I read about the bird - my friend has a bird by her classroom that runs into the window all day long! The kids are so amused by it!! That is hilarious!

SHMILY: Welcome to the board! You will love it here - we are all very funny! HAHA - SEE?!? Enjoy and check in daily!!

JRED: Feeling better - still have some snot and I fart occasionally!! HAHA! That is hilarious!!! I love to say fart - probably because the kids in my class do it - and they giggle so much that they keep farting!! LOL!!! It is so hard to keep a straight face and pretend that I didn't hear it - or that I'm not amused!! LOL!!!

BKM: You've got to quit making DEB's cheesecake!! I'm not even gonna try to make it cause I'll want to have it all the time!! I love cheesecake!!!

KIM: I heard that there isn't much conversation on OZZY's show because it is all the F word so there is nothing but beeps! LOL! Now, mind you, I use the F word quite frequently - so it wouldn't bother me at all! I'm quite the potty mouth!!

Well, I think I'm caught up! It only took and hour and 15 minutes!!!

Did any of you happen to see TLC Monday night (I think) where they had the girl that was over 500 pounds? They did the stomach by-pass and she lost 300+ pounds. In her initial interview she wanted to lose weight cause she wanted to do more with her daughter. Well, after she lost weight, she was drinking, doing drugs and she was a big ole HOE! So, you see - if we lose weight we will turn into TRASH!! Let's all get off plan now!! JUST KIDDING!!! But -really - that's what happened to her. So, girls, as you are taking off the pounds and you are feeling the need to buy shorter skirts - just think about that girl from TLC - you don't want to be her - be careful!

Love you ladies - and DARAMUS too!!! Where are you dude?

Missy aka Snotty Bubblebiscuit aka BEER LUSH!
284/252.5/170

Last edited by fruitloupe; 04-17-2002 at 10:44 PM.
Old 04-17-2002, 10:59 PM   #89  
sef

HiedieHo All!!!!

I am so tired, went to choir room to do some files and then to the church office to do something. Ws so engrossed in work, I went beyond my usual time. Then when I went to office got chit-chatting with the secretary and as a result didn't make it to the gym. Went to store to pck up a few things, made baked ziti for supper and off to choir practice. Although I've had much busier days for some reason I'm zonked tonight!

Imagine my surprise when I stepped on scale this a.m. and it showed about a 22# loss!!! Now I know this can't be right!!! Darn thing must need a battery. Will have to weigh myself at gym tomorrow!

BOB - I don't like things too sweet either, but I think this one goes a little beyond the not sweet enough category for me. I am going to tweak it a little and see what happens. I have been eating it as it is too good to throw out, but not quite as enjoyable as it could be. Tomorrw I want to try the WW Birthday Cake. I have a BBQ to go to Friday and was asked to bring a SF dessert because the cheesecake was so good. Deb can get us into trouble even when she's not trying!!!!

DEB: We looked up Bete Noire in a French/English dictionary. I knew noire meant black, night or dark; but did not know what bete is. The book gave a couple of definitions but all basically mean, stupid, dumb. We thought in this case it might mean simple or easy. So I think it translates to Stupid Dark. Who on this Board was taking French? I've opened a can of worms and need help containing it!! Glad your Dad is doing better.

MONET: That robin is attacking the robin he sees in your window. A friend of mine who is a nature teacher from the old school used to put the silhouette of a raptor on her picture window because her window was attacked by different birds otherwise. The birds can kill themselves smashing into the window!

SHMILY: Welcome. I was always a hefty girl until I had my pregnancies. Then I was beyond hefty! So know what you mean. You will get lots of help and support here. Everyone is always willing to answer questions and give support.

A couple of you were talking about zoos. My favorite experience at a zoo was at the Taronga Zoo in Sidney, OZ. They had a white tiger on loan fron the St. Louis Zoo. As we approached the area he was just lying out in the brush. When I went to the glass he came over to investigate. Of course, I started to take pictures. For some reason that ol' tiger didn't like me. If someone else went up to the barrier he was a kitty cat, but everytime I went near he would roar at me (I have a nice shot of his tonsils!). This went on for quite a while. Finally I stayed away and he went back and laid down. A couple came along with a little girl and they were disappointed the tiger was a ways off. I said that's okay! I'll get him closer for you. Walked up to the barrier and sure enough he came over to yell at me. (Mind you I did nothing but walk calmy !! The little girl was thrilled. All I know is I was glad the barrier was there! MY GD thought it was all great fun!!

Sorry I can't keep up with all the posts tonight. My prayers are with those who need them. Those is distress and those who are thankful things are going better.

BETH: WTG with the job. It will work out with the kids and orientation. It has to doesn't it?

Take care all. Shirley

Last edited by sef; 04-17-2002 at 11:05 PM.
Old 04-17-2002, 11:02 PM   #90  

I've only had time to skim over today's posts quickly, but I wanted to check in with my WIW #'s and give a report on friend's baby.

Baby and mom are doing fine. She did have to have a c-section, though. Please continue to keep them in your prayers.

WIW was good to me today. I finally broke the 150 mark! Today's weight was 149 1/2, down 1 1/2 from last week. I'm happy.
Closed Thread