Sugar Shakers for followers of Sugar Busters and other GI based diets

View Poll Results: At this time, how CONFIDENT are you that you will reach your goal weight while on SB?
Extremely confident 12 27.91%
Very confident 13 30.23%
Somewhat confident 3 6.98%
A bit confident 5 11.63%
Not so confident 4 9.30%
Not confident 2 4.65%
Doubtful 0 0%
I have already reached my goal while on SB! 2 4.65%
Other/No Opinion 2 4.65%
Voters: 43. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 04-16-2002, 09:58 AM   #31  

S/C/G: 278/163/143

Height: 5'8"

Default Newbie-Intro(test)

Hello- my name is Laurie and I am a SB newbie.
Old 04-16-2002, 10:13 AM   #32  

Good Morning to everyone... Its a wonderful unusually warm day here in the Ozarks of Missouri. Walked outside around my yard and was greeted by my bleeding heart blooming, and things pokeing out of the ground everywhere. I LOVE SPRING

CountryMom- Howdy to you... I know that having to help the hubby bit.... Sounds like you're going to get a new porch roof. I would love to have one over my deck. And want my DH to build me a deck out the back door and screen it in. Kind of my own private world. I dream of projects for him all the time. LOL!!! Nah they don't get done..... Don't give up on those scales and stick them in the closet till Wednesday's only!!!

Red1- I agree with you the humity is awful here but love where we live. My great grandparents came here in a covered wagon. They were headed for Arkansa but the plague was there so they landed here where my grandfather traded two mules for 200 acres. The town I live in has a population of 520 people. So its kind of back in time... Theres something that keeps drawing me here....Guess deep inside I'm just an old country girl!! Sorry about all the wind and that it got in your house. That must have been a night mare to clean up.... And the cars with there damage. OOO eee gal!!!! That was a crappy day.

Jack-K-What a treat!!!! I'll bet you do look good... Give you a big pat on the back!!

Gracious- I hope you are starting to climb out of the pneumonia, thats serious stuff. I'm sure its snot thats not making your weight right!!! Keep blowing gal!!!!! Hack, spit, lose weight!!

Deb- I hope you have a great day away from home..... Good to get away sometimes. Is that near you??? Love the comebacks for food pushers.

Frog- Whats a Southern Living Party. Think I'd like that, LOL.... Can tell you're just running and running...... Have a good day...

Beth- I hope your SD does better today. Prayers for him... Also hope you got the job!!!!

Love and prayers to all of you.... Have a great Tuesday......

213/199/130 Welcome HeartMom (Laurie) to our wonderful board. You'll love it!!!

Last edited by Toni48; 04-16-2002 at 10:16 AM.
Old 04-16-2002, 10:45 AM   #33  

Hello All:

Well I got struck down with a nasty cold!! So, I have been a miserable one who only wants to sleep, drink something soothing, and sleep some more. DS has it too.... I don’t want to eat much when I feel like this, so I know I won’t gain anything - looking on the positive side.... Cannot wait to weigh in tomorrow!!!

Laurie: Hi I am a newbie too.

Hope everyone has a good Tuesday.

Sabrina
Old 04-16-2002, 11:08 AM   #34  

Hi everybody. I've actually got time this morning to post and all because of the dreaded TAAS test. I usually have 3rd graders in the morning but they are testing. Bad for them…good for me. I will be away tomorrow so I'll have to post my WIW #'s on Thursday. My friend's daughter that I mentioned a while back is going into the hospital tomorrow. The dr. is going to try to induce but he's not hopeful that it will work. She may be looking at a c section. Please pray for her and her family and the baby, of course. For those of you who don't know, this girl's pregnancy resulted from date rape.

Sarah's visit to the dr yesterday went well. She loves our pediatrician. I do too. He gave us samples for everything but the antibiotic.

WELCOME HEARTMOM!

COUNTRYMOM: Swing that hammer girl! I love helping Dennis with projects around our house. Mostly because that way I can push him to get it done. He's the world's worst about starting something and finishing it much, much later. Don't ditch the scales yet. Mine were cruel to me for weeks, but I'm feeling much more kindly about them these days.

RED1: ROCKS??? The wind blew rocks??? That's some wind! I can't imagine the mess that left in your house.

JACK: WTG on the "new" dress.

GRACIOUS: Glad you're doing better. Maybe blowing my nose non-stop is why I've lost #'s this week. I haven't tried scrapbooking with my daughter. She's 8 also. I'm always talking to her about eating healthy too. She comments every once in a while that she is getting fat. I remind her that she is not fat, but that she does need to have better eating habits. We do limit the snack food in the house. I don't need it around. We try to snack on fruit, yogurt and veggies. I'm hoping she won't have lousy eating habits like I've had most of my life.

DEBBIE: Loved the suggestions for declining food. Of course, my twisted mind liked the humorous suggestions best.

BETH: Great news on the job. I'm so sorry to hear about you stepdad. We have been there and done that with my dad and it's not an easy thing to go through. I'm praying that he will recover.

FRUIT: Y'all don't have music???? Bummer. The 2nd grade gave the Iowa earlier this year. But I'm sure you've heard that in TX the TAAS is the all consuming portion of our schools. I'm glad I'm in music and not in the classroom. So much pressure put on the classroom teachers for their kids to perform well on this test. I dread it next year when Sarah has to take it. Actually there will be a new test next year-TAAS II or Son of TAAS as it has come to be known.

MEL: Glad to hear DS's report card was good. Our's go out tomorrow. I find I push Sarah with her school work too. But, the child is on the lazy side. Love the confession about falling asleep. I've done that too. Hasn't everyone with small kids? I remember when Sarah was about 3 and James was a little baby I had a killer virus. She decided she was get apple juice for herself. That's fine, but it was in a glass container. You got it, she dropped it and it broke all over the kitchen floor. I had to crawl to the kitchen and clean it up. Not a happy memory.

I guess I better bring this to a close for now. Prayers for all you who are having such a difficult time right now. I happen to know Someone who specialized in miracles.
Old 04-16-2002, 11:39 AM   #35  

Morning, all.

Just a quick post to say I'm still here. Actually, I started posting yesterday but the day got away from me. Sounds like a lot of you have really been going through some trying times. For the rest of us, it really puts life in perspective. Somehow, my son's car breaking down again is just not that important.

Red1 - I keep forgetting to mention that I have actually been to Ridgecrest. Several years ago, I was a claims manager for a health insurance company and one of our customers was Kerr-McGee. They owned some kind of plant in Trona, CA and I had to go out and do employee meetings. Even got my very own hard hat. What an experience for a Texas girl. I felt like I had stepped off on Mars. It was a pretty area in a weird, alien kind of way.

Bob - Martini's! No one said there would be martinis at the get together in Oct. I may have to re-think my plans and come after all. Just goes to show where my priorities are.

Laurie - Welcome aboard.

MusicTeach - My 4th grader is having TAAS today and tomorrow. Oh, joy. It's hard enough for us. I can't even imagine what you guys must have to go through.

Gotta run, now. Hello and good luck to everyone tomorrow on WIW.
Old 04-16-2002, 12:19 PM   #36  
Little Engine That Could

Well, I'm back from Cuba. They don't eat SB down there. I'm rushed for time right now, but wanted to let you know I'm still alive. Will write more later.
Old 04-16-2002, 12:21 PM   #37  

Default Quick Hello

BOB-What are dirty Martinis? I have never had one.

Laurie- Welcome! Hope you can get the support you need here! I know I have. They have taught me a lot!

Beth- I hope that you get the Job. I am sorry to hear about your SD. I pray that he is doing better today.

Well, there is a lot more going on out there, sorry for all those I missed!
Things here are ok. Our A/C went out this weekend, so we had someone come look at it last night, they said it wa the motor and it should not cost more than 100.00 to fix, however with our luck, it maybe more! I am trying to be positive about it. I know that it could be worse.
DS is taking the TAAS today. He went to bed early and got up early, had breakfast, and was well awake when we went to school. I hope that he does good.
Musicteach- I know what it is like having a child take them, I can not imagine having to watch them take them. Good luck, have fun!
I am slowwly but surely getting back OP. I had jelly beans last night. Funny thing is, I really do not like Jelly beans! I have had more sugar in the past few days than I should. I am trying. It aint easy, as we all know. The potatos are calling me too. I have to say no to those. I am hoping that things will start to get easier again.
I still have not gotten back into working out. I know that I have to. It is so hard to find time. No excuse, right!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anyway, I go get blood drawn on the 22 to see if I ovulated, I am hoping that this medicine is working. I really want another BABY. I have been increasing my Clomid for the past year, the next step is shots. I am really discouraged about all this. The doctor said if I start losing weight, then things might happen, has not happened yet! Its been 2 yrs! Anyway,
Enough of that.
Hope you all have a great day.
Pravda
262/245/125
mini goal 220 aug
Old 04-16-2002, 12:35 PM   #38  

Hi

It's a beautiful sunny day here to-day - supposed to be going up to about 80 degrees. Yesterday was quite cool but was very hot in the gym. I was at badminton yesterday for two sessions, afternoon and evening. I booked the extra session in the evening so if I worked days or evenings at least I could get in one sesssion but when I don't work I usually go to both of them. Had a very good work out. In the afternoon I played for almost two hours with just a total of 10-15 minute breaks in between games. In the evening I played for about an hour. Was getting a bit tired by then, partly I think because it was so hot and humid in the gym. A friend has asked me to play tennis this summer. I haven't played for many years but may give it a try. I don't know if I can manage all the running around though. We will have to see how it goes.

I made crepes for breakfast this morning - 2 eggs with 2 tablespoons water and 2 tbs sgww flour - topped with agave. They were yummy. I'm making the oatmeal cookies to-day. I just hope I can get some of them in the freezer before I eat half of them. I wanted to make the almond granola but was out of almonds so have to run to the store later to get some. This will be the first baking I have done since my holiday. I was afraid to bake anything before as I was trying to keep off of the snacks. But now I am doing Fit-day again I seem to have more control of what goes in my mouth so hopefully I will not pig out.

I was out shopping on the weekend and bought two pairs of pants. I was thrilled that one of them was a size 14 - the other was a sixteen which is still one size smaller than what I had been wearing. I was getting sick of wearing baggy pants. In the winter it isn't so bad but now that summer is almost here it's nice to have them fitting better. I haven't worn a size 14 for many years. In my skinny days I was a size 14, but that was 25 years ago and I am still more than 50 pounds heavier than I was then. I guess if I was that size now I would be in a size 6 or 8 but it was still a good feeling to get into that size again. It's all in the mind eh! Not even trying to lose that much. I would be happy to just lose another 10 pounds. Can't afford to lose any more than that in case I get scraggy looking in the neck and face. But will decide if I ever get there.

Beth - Hope that job is yours now. Sorry to hear about your stepdad. Hope things improve for him.

Musicteach - I will keep your friend and her baby in my thoughts.

Tranquil - At least you can look on the positive side when feeling unwell and not being able to eat normally. I hope the scale is good to you tomorrow and that you will be feeling better.

Toni48 - Sounds like your grandparents were real pioneers. I think it is good for us to stop and think sometimes about the hardships our ancestors went through and all the things we have going for us to-day to make life easier.

Heartmom - Welcome to SB. Looking forward to getting to know you.

CountryMom4Him - I don't blame you not stepping off that ladder. Hope the scales are kinder to you tomorrow. If not just hang in there. It will happen.

Red1 - That was quite a wind storm you had yesterday.

Jack-K - WTG on getting into that dress. It does feel good when people tell you you are skinny. I get the same thing at work, particularly if I wear non uniform pants and sweater - I call them my skinny clothes as I get more comments when I wear them. I weigh about the same as you and I am definitely NOT skinny. I wish I had some smaller clothes in my closet that I could wear. It gets expensive to keep running out to buy new ones although I can't say I don't enjoy buying new stuff. I had quite a bunch of smaller clothes up until a couple of years ago and I gave them all to my sil when she came from England to visit. A few months later I started to lose. I'm not complaining though - maybe I wouldn't have lost anything if they were still hanging there

Gracious - Glad to hear that the pneumonia is starting to break up. Hope you are feeling a lot better soon. It must have been hard to look after little kids when you were feeling so ill. Too bad that the people that tell you to rest don't come and take your kids for a while so you can have some alone time to rest.

Deb Hope you have a good day up in Broward. I liked your TT. In that situation I usually just repeat I Don't Want Any until they get the message or tell them I have just eaten and don't have room for anything else, which is often quite true particularly if it is a do at work. BTW - Did you REALLY enjoy that piece of chocolate yesterday? Good luck on getting the volunteeers you need. It's always the same with any group - a few who are always willing to volunteer and the rest can't be bothered.

Frog - Howdy.

Fruitloupe - Boy that name really suits you now - SnottyBubbleBiscuit. Hope it all clears up soon. I think it is really too bad that your kids at school don't have music. I think all kids should have the opportunity to be exposed to different kinds of music and to take part in music making and singing, particularly in the junior grades. They were trying to cut it out in the schools here a while ago due to funding cuts but so far it hasn't been done and I hope it never happens.

Mel - Congrats to ds for that good report card. I know what it feels like to want to get back to the salads and veggies and sb legal stuff. I feel the same if I go out and blow it. Our bodies just aren't used to all that stuff anymore.

Monet - I just hate stripping off wallpaper. I did my bedroom last year but decided to paint it once the paper was off so I won't have the problem of stripping it off again. It will be easier to paint next time. Actually it's not exactly true that 'I did the bedroom' I only took the paper off and my kids did the rest, including a border around the top. Good luck with your project and hope you get it finished in time. When is the wedding?

BOB - WTG on the Weight Challenge - you can do it.

I started this post this morning before I made the cookies. They have been out of the oven for over an hour and I haven't even had one yet. I have to finish this and go and find something for lunch. Hope everyone has a good WIW tomorrow. Hi to anyone I have missed.

Bye for now.

Marie
Old 04-16-2002, 01:55 PM   #39  

S/C/G: 278/163/143

Height: 5'8"

Angry A Little About Me

My name is Laurie and I live in MS. I have been married for 7 years and have 2 kids. Ashley is 6 and in Kindergarten. Joseph(aka-Boogie) will be 2 Sunday. Joseph has a life threatening heart defect called hypoplastic left heart syndrome(HLHS). He has received 2 open heart surgeries and we are now awaiting the third. We have to go to Penn. for the surgeries. Anyway, I used to weigh 270 pounds and now I am at 236. I did get down to 225 but over the past couple of months, I have gained. That is why I am trying SB. I don't want to do any more fad diets and take diet pills. I want to learn a different and healthier way of eating. However, I am having a hard time sticking with it. I am hungry often. I eat more starchy carbs than probably the rest of you. I have already consumed almost 4 and I still have the rest of the day to go. I have to snack often to avoid a total binge. I eat fruit,cheese, triscuits and such for snacks. I ate a SB yogurt w/an apple earlier for example. I am a total carb junkie- really. I WAS eating lowfat chips, sf cookies, fatfree ice cream. I guess it didn't matter if it was lowfat- it was still enriched flour. I'm learning... I see everyone's goals are at the bottom. Should I put the 270 for my high weight? Or the weight I am now since I am new to SB? Anyway. I have been looking at the recipies on sweetsense and I can't wait to try some out If you want to see Boogie's web page then go to http://www.babiesonline.com/babies/j/josephboogie/
Old 04-16-2002, 02:01 PM   #40  
Little Engine That Could

OK, I had to go grab something to eat. I did not eat OP while in Cuba because I really had no choice as to what I ate. Pickin's were slim. I'm back on the wagon today (we got back yesterday) and realize that when I get too hungry I don't want to take the time to fix a decent meal, but just grab whatever is easy, fast and will fill up my hunger. So I could feel those hunger pangs coming on. Had a salad with lettuce, cottage cheese, broccoli slaw, tomatoes, and 2 oz. ham. Then a small handful of grapes. I'll probably get hungry about 4 pm. today. Four o'clock is a hunger time for me too, so probably will have an apple or something "healthy." I'd love to also have a piece of cheese or p-nut butter with it, but I'm really trying to watch the fat. Anyone else out there also trying to cut down on fats?

Cuba was something else! They live in pretty poor conditions. Most of the houses in Havana were slum-like. The paint was no longer peeling off the cement walls of their buildings--there was no paint left, but just a vestige of color left and we could see faded yellows, reds and blues that remained in the crevices and pits of the cement. The houses--many apartments and little narrow houses with flat roofs--appeared very dark inside, like looking into a cave. I could make out basic furniture and often a person sitting at the doorway of the darkened room, looking out into the street. Even our poor have it better than most of the places that I saw. One bare bulb hanging for light in the room. A kitchen sink with running water was a luxury in many places. We went to one area where the homes had tin walls, thatched roofs, and no running water. Outhouses were in back and water for washing and drinking came from a pipe running out in the back yard. Our meals were often buffets, with white rice, stewed meat and veggies with a starchy sauce of some kind, often white potatoes, fried plantains, stewed or baked chicken (it had a different texture than our chicken, like it had been cooked too long), lots of breads and cheeses and fatty luncheon type meats. Lunch was "ham" and cheese sandwich every day, except for the day we got no lunch. So I had p-nut butter crackers that we had brought with us just in case. One thing really good--their citrus fruit, especially the grapefruit. Very sweet. I loaded up on that when I could.

The island had its beautiful areas. The water was a beautiful shade of blue, very bright turquoise. The only other place I've seen it like that in the states in in the Gulf Stream and in Monterey CA. We saw lots of coconut palm "orchards" and even cocoa "orchards" (Maybe they call them groves down there). Lots of sugar cane fields. It was, of course, very tropical, like Key West.

We visited about 15 churches and went to 3 worship services. They treated us like royalty, always having us sit in reserved seats right up front. The services were crowded with standing room only. One place there were people 3 deep standing at the windows just to hear the service. They were very friendly and seemed overjoyed to have us there. Lots of hugging and hand shaking after the services. I speak hardly any Spanish, but somehow we managed to communicate. There were a few of them that spoke English. At one town we (some of the women in the group) met a couple of prostitutes in the hotel where we were staying. We befriended them and took them with us to that night's service. Surprise! They showed up again the next morning (Sunday) wanting to go with us again, so they rode our tour bus to the service and at that service they took the step to trust the Lord with the rest of their life, and let him become their forgiver and leader. That was quite an experience, especially in light of the fact that our American guide--a hispanic member of the mission organization--recognized easily that they were prostitutes and at first did not want them to go with us because "they are looking for the wrong king of fun." It reminded me that it is so easy to judge others and fall into such negative patterns of who we will accept as worthwhile, while at the same time we are equal sinners in the eyes of God, and no more worthy of His love. The difference is that our sin is acceptable by society. It was a great life lesson, and a blessing to see those two women become new babies in God's family through the Way pre-figured in the book of Leviticus in the Torah.

We traveled from one end of the island to the other, starting in Havana for 2 days and then flying to a town in the middle of the island for one night and then flying to the eastern end for 2 more nights. We started off in Havana staying in a pretty nice hotel, equivalent to a Holiday Inn. It was called Novotel and is one of the many European style hotels that foreign companies are racing to build over there. There were many foreign tourists, mainly Canadians. They also come from Spain, Germany, and I met a couple from France with whom I tried out my rudimentary French. The second hotel was of lower quality, with tiny beds and lumpy pillows and a bad shower. They ration toilet paper over there, I think, because they just had a little on the roll at each place we stayed. One place they even made their own roll, with no center cardboard core. That was at the 3rd hotel, which was really bad. I did not even get a shower there because of the conditions of the room. The water was cold, anyway--no hot water there. Breakfast there was also "ham" and cheese on white roll. That is where the prostitutes were. They played music out on the pool patio there, at 110 decibels I'm sure. It went on until 2 am. so sleep was also a challenge. Our last night was at a resort at another town right on the Atlantic. It reminded me of a small resort you might see in the states, except that everyone spoke Spanish. That was the only place where we had black beans, which I expected to see on every menu. The food there was not what I expected from my experiences at the Cuban restaurants I've eaten in here. I like it better here. More tasty.

We bought just a couple of souvenirs as we were limited to $100 apiece to spend by US law. We were able to get 2 boxes of cigars for $40 each and some really good folk-art type art work. That plus one T-shirt and a $3 gator doo-dad, and we were at $191 for the 2 of us. However, when we went through Customs coming back into the US, the customs agent had a hissy fit because they value the cigars at $100 per box, which would put us over the $100 each limit, putting us liable for a $7500 fine. He read us the riot act and let us go through, because I think he knew we were honest and did really get those cigars for what we said we paid for them. Our guide had a contact so that is how we got such a good price.

Well, those are the high spots. There is so much more I could write, but much pertains to the actual business we had in mind for our trip down there. So I will close with what I have told you. We took a ton of pictures and I also want to transcribe a journal from my notes. We hope to work up a presentation for the people at our church. Our pastor was supposed to go on the trip, but 5 days before the trip he was hit by a dump truck while he was riding his bike. He was seriously injured with a compound fracture of his arm/elbow and he has had 3 surgeries this past week. They are needing to do skin grafts because he was hurt so badly.

I need to quit. I have laundry to do and shopping for dinner. I want to get in some walking. It is raining right now. We have not turned on our AC--all our neighbors have--but I like the fresh air, even when it is warm. We usually close up the house and turn on the air late May if we can stand it that long.

Last edited by GatorGal; 04-16-2002 at 02:07 PM.
Old 04-16-2002, 04:12 PM   #41  

GATOR: I just finished reading your post and have chill bumps on my arms. How exciting to have the two prostitutes find forgiveness and love in Christ. When I was in college I went as a Volunteer Summer Missionary thru our church to Taiwan. Talk about an eye-opening experience! But it was so neat to be half way around the world and be among people so different from me, and yet have our beliefs in common. I had a great time that summer. We were able to reach many youth thru English classes that we taught. That was our "hook". We had English class then had a service after. We saw many decisions made during the 8 weeks I was there. Anyway, I know this is an experience you will never forget. Glad to have you back.
Old 04-16-2002, 04:22 PM   #42  
Wife, Mother, Goddess

Hello my long lost friends!!!!!!!
It has been eons since I've posted and it's taken me a long time to realize that I can't do SB without the board. Besides that...I know BOB Needs a good buzzin'!!! Deb told me that she doesn't know of anyone who stopped posting on the board to have successfully lost weight, and I'm living proof. So if you are a newbie let me tell you...I joined the board a year ago, have been non-compliant, and weigh more than ever before. I told Deb that next year in April I will be at goal!!!! It's amazing to think I joined the SB board one year ago, and if I would have done the right thing, I would be skinny by now. Enough of what could have, would have......I've missed you all dearly and see I have lots of new people to become friends with.

We got a new digital scale at work, talk about reality check!!!!
I nknow I have to own up somewhere, and this is the place....
gulp....I'm 241 now.

I decided to start re-reading SB over the weekend, and said Monday is it, no more of the 10,000 excuses, I'm NIKE...JUST DO IT!!! I feel so fortunate to have met Debbie, the SB Goddess, in person, and I look at her before and after pictures all the time as a source of constant inspiration.

I'm on my lunch break, and need to get back to work, so I'll check in later. For any newbies that are saying "Who is this Nancemeister chick", there are mug shots on the photo board, and my bio is posted.

I feel lucky knowing I will be welcomed back with open arms to the greatest support group there is around!!!
Old 04-16-2002, 04:36 PM   #43  

Thanks for all the nice words of encouragement! Today is lovely..went to the park for lunch and found myself getting a sunburn. Better start putting on some sun lotion. Spoke to a young man from Israel for a few minutes today. It's amazing who you can run into on Times Square. Just last week there was a pro-palestinian protest! It's hard to avoid these sort of issues living here.

Got my haircut and colored by my friend and I feel like a new person. Wearing clothes that made me look like a stuffed sausage. Now they actually fit...well, they're fitted to say the least

Dreading the scale..going to weigh myself at the gym tonight..ugh. I hate that. Have to get some photos taken since my green card expired. Oops! Let's hope I don't do anything illegal in the next few weeks

Gator- Amazing that you went to Cuba. Good to remind people of how the Cubans continue to suffer. I think that proves that Communism really can't work in its purest form. My Aunt went way back when Europeans could go but Americans couldn't. It's such a wealth of culture.

Heartmom- Welcome to the Board! Fairly new myself but I'm sure someone will help you out!

Rosalie- Yeah, I tried tennis after all these years..let me tell you..a lot of bending over to pick up the balls that I failed to rally. Ha! But don't let that discourage you..tennis can be a very fulfilling sport. It's a good laugh if your partner stinks as well

Pravda- Good luck getting pregnant. Good motivation to keep on SB and to exercise. What better reward than a beautiful bouncing baby...

Trishaloo- I totally agree. This board and living in New York reminds me to say I love you to the people I care about everyday. Life is so incredibly fragile.

Music Teach- How horrible that she has to go through a difficult pregnancy/labor after all she's been through. My heart goes out to her...It's repulsively shocking how many women are date-raped. During my college years I knew of more than a few girls who went through this. I truly hope that everything goes well for her.

Tranquil- hope the scale treats you right!

Toni- so jealous of your description of your home! Right by a river? Jealous. I'm right by a jail and a bail bond place. Wanna switch?

CountryMom- Nice to have such a handy man around the house!

Red1- Wow, talk about a natural disaster! Any insurance for flying rocks?

Jack-k- I've been trying on things non-stop since I started SB. Everyweek those tight skirts are getting a little bigger That's the best part isn't it? Everyone thinks you bought a brand new wardrobe and says you look great. Only you know that you had those clothes all along!!

Gracious- No fun to be sick Hope that WIW treats you kindly after having dealt with Pneumonia. I'll have a talk with the scale and I'll put in a good word for you

Debelli- Could've used that tip this morning when the office had fresh danishes and bagels!!! Oh well next time. I only had a tiny bite of a corn muffin. It could've been worse.

Frog- hopefully that wallpapering helped you lose some pounds?! Good luck!

BOB- Go for it. All you have to lose is your weight!

Beth- I see a tiny faint glimmer of light at that end of the tunnel. Your son won the ballgame, you're getting callbacks for the interview... I really hope you get that job and that your SD pulls through. I'm sure you all need him in your lives. You're in my thoughts.

Fruit- Fresh air is good for you when you're sick. Just rest and get some juice in that system!
Old 04-16-2002, 04:49 PM   #44  

S/C/G: 257/169/155

Height: 5'6"

Just going to make a quick post before I head for home. Didn't get any sleep last night so I am exhausted. Hope I can make it to chat tonight.

Red1, OMG, $6,000 damage. that must have been some kind of storm. Poor you having all that clean-up.

Heartmom, Welcome! This is a great support board. How heartbreaking about yur little boy. Only 2 years old and having 3 surgeries. I hope this last one does the trick or will he continue to need them. I'll add him to my prayer list. This is a great WOE. It is so easy to do and you will stop being hungry. In the mean time, east more legal food and maybe post your menu so some of the experts can help you along.

Toni, Sounds like you are a "Little House on the Prairie" I don't think I could live in a small town. I like being close to everything, run to the mall in 10 minutes. It is warm here again in Ky 87 today.

Tranquil, Sounds like everyone is spreading the nasty cold over the board. Hate that you feel so bad.
I'm like you, looking for anyway to lose that extra pound.

Music Teach, How sad about your friends daughter. Is she keeping the baby? How old is she?

Trish, glad you are still with us.

Gatorgal, glad you made it home safely. Your trip sounds very exciting. Don't think I could do that. Man, your poor Pastor. A dump truck!, surprised he is still alive. Even though you didn't eat OP, I bet you still lost weight. How wonderful about converting the prostitutes. That must be a good feeling.

Pravada, so glad you are back on board. Just try to think of your wonderful goal of getting pregnant next time those jelly beans call you. Hang in there you can do it.

Rosalie, WTG on getting in that size 14. I agree on baggy clothes. I hate to buy anything knowing I'll only be wearing that size a month or two. So I buy the bear minimum. If you can play badmitton, I'm sure you could handle tennis. You don't really hear about badmitton that much any more.

Nancemeister, I am fairly new to this board, but welcome back. Looking forward to getting to know you. I agree with you. When I first started SB in Oct 01 I read the Sweet Talk board daily, every post. It really helped me stay focused. Now I have switched to this board and love it. Welcome back.

Quiv, Better fitting lcoth, new haircut and color, you hare looking good girlfriend. The girls at work ask me everyday, new shirt, pants etc? or old one? I just laugh. I guess I shouldn't really hold onto thing so long.

Have a great evening all, Hope the scale is good to everyone tomorrow. Hope to see you at chat.

Jackie
257/201/145
10-10-01
Old 04-16-2002, 05:59 PM   #45  
SUPER CHICK aka Moderator

Hey All

Got home a little bit ago from doing my rounds up in Broward. Don't know where the day went to, ran in and out of places and the day just flew!!!!!!

Guess what I did that I've only done once before in my entire life-I went to lunch ALONE! Yes, all by myself, I went to OLE OLE and read a book while eating lunch-I truly did enjoy myself, though of course, I'd rather be with Eli, or one of you there but it was peaceful and I had my delicious salad. Years ago I was in Rhone Island on a trip by myself and ate in 1 restaurant all alone and felt like all eyes were on me, so I never did it again, until now. Being fat all my life I always felt people were looking at me, and what I was eating, and were judging me. Still sometimes I feel that way and have to think that I am not the same person they use to stare at and that I can eat something without them thinking of me like they use to. Times have changed and I have to change my thinking along with them-it takes time, but I'm trying.

Anyhow, I stopped at the SUPER WALMART and was peeved that they were out of berries today, but bougt a few other items, though not much. Went to the Italian Mkt where they had boneless skinless chicken breast for $1.59 a pound-good price. Picked up some coffee beans that MEL had brought me from her SIL house, stopped at the new FRESH MKT up that way, stopped for Carbolite (Pistachio and Vanilla were my choices today) and a couple other stops before heading home. Nothing exciting, but it filled the day up!!!!

GRACIOUS, glad to hear that the antibiotics seem to finally be helping you! How was your day today, more SB or more Atkins. Just remember not to flip back and forth too much, your body MAY possibly stall (or gawd forbid, gain) trying to think of what the heck you are trying to relay what you're trying to do with it through your eating.

JACKK-kudos in getting into those 15 year old pants. I have to say, I use to keep my old clothes for so long, but it was the opposite direction, I had fat clothes that I would save just in case I gained weight, which thankfully, I had done since I usually did gain whatever I had lost. NOW, I don't have even one piece of my old clothing cause I KNOW I will never do that to myself ever again! Now my problem is, having clothes that I bought as I lost weight that I never wore, brand new, with the tags still hanging on them!!!

RED, wow, sounds like you had some bad weather over there-I can't believe that rocks from winds would cause that much damage to your car! Broward is the next county north of us, about a 45 minute drive depending on the road taken. There's much more to do up there than in Miami-I hate Miami!!!

COUNTRY, hope you aren't aching from that sunburn! You COULD hide that scale, or throw it out from the porch roof!!!!

TONI, I love bleeding hearts! They are so pretty. I first saw them when I was in Canada. See what I wrote to RED about Broward right above. What do you all do for "excitement" in a town so small???

TRANQUIL, sorry to hear you too have the sickie bug biting at your arse. Feel better!!!!!

MUSIC, hope you enjoyed your time without the kids this morning. Okay, what are the TAAS tests? Good luck to your friends daughter tomorrow. Yes, I too would like the humorous comebacks, but usually just say no thank you, I'm not good at quick wit to say something humorous on a moments notice.

TRISH, I read your priorities and heck, if that's what's going to get you to come to NC in OCT, by golly, I'll even learn to make a dirty martini!!!! Okay, maybe not, can't cook, how the heck do I think I can make a drink!!!!

PRAVADA, I don't know what's all in a dirty martini but I've seen BOB & SOL drink them and I loved the olives in them!!!! They were stuffed with feta/blue/gorgonzola cheese (not sure which it was, but it was delicious). I don't like liquor but the olives were awesome!!! I would suggest you try your darndest to go totally sugar free for 3 days. I find that when I do that, I'm home free. If you have a good day and towards the end of the day give in to something not OP, you'll never be able to get the desire and cravings for sugars out of your system. You have to take an all-or-nothing approach otherwise you are just defeating the purpose. From personal experience, I was doing just what you are doing now with the clomid. Got preg a few times but always had early miscarriages. Finally went on the pergonal, same thing happened. Finally, I decided to give myself a break and stopped the shots and viola, I got pregnant with Michael a few months later and 17 months after he was born, Lauren was born, without any fertility drugs. I have to say, having more weight off your body is helpful in more ways than one. I had gestational diabetes with both kids, had to have C-sections with both and due to my weight being so high, had infections from the C-sections that lasted a long time. Not only that, as the kids grew and I did too, I missed out a lot with them. I was too fat and too hot to do things outdoors with them. I was miserable with myself and I think it reflected on them at times. Don't get me wrong, I feel I was a great Mom, but I know my weight put many limitations on things I could/could not do with them and they missed out on doing things, like going to the park, to the beach, etc. Just throwing out my unrequested 2 cents

ROSALIE, WOW, 80 degrees, that's a heat wave for up there! Kudos on the new pants, I'm sure you're looking smashing in the new duds!! Hmmm, did I really enjoy yesterday's chocolate??? Yes and no. I liked it going down but not coming back up Honestly, I knew it was coming to repeat itself on me and just ate it with that in mind, so seriously, I really didn't like it-can't believe I actually wasted a good piece of chocolate like that-where is my mind????? So, how'd those cookies come out today-I'd of tried them when they had come right out of the oven, even if it meant burning my mouth!!!!!

HEARTMOM, WELCOME TO THE BOARD!!!! I can say on behalf of all the gals (and one lone guy) on the board we are happy you've decided to join us. Thanks for telling us a bit more about you. Hope you will post your BIO on the BIO BOARD when you get a chance. Loved seeing Joseph's webpage-he is adorable, and Ashley is a cutie too-you can definitely see the sibling resembelance-but where's a picture of MOM???? Must get one of those posted!!! Deciding to try SB for the right reasons has gotten you off to a good start. Many people think SB is a fad diet but it isn't, it's a WOE that's very sensible and you can live doing the rest of your life. June will be 1 year since I hit my initial goal weight and I don't even fathom ever changing my eating to anything else ever, no reason to do so, there's nothing that I'm lacking that I feel I need to have that isn't on this WOE. Can I ask you if you journal the food you eat? Do you have any idea if you are eating enough food? Maybe this is why you seem to be hungry? Eating small mini-meals throughout the day is a good thing, which is what I do. I'm willing to help you figure out things if you want-just let me know!!! You can list your weights at the end of your name any which way you are comfortable in doing so, it's an optional thing all around and some people don't even bother doing it. I put from when I started SB 2 years ago, though my highest weight ever was 18 years ago at 284 Anyhow, please don't hesitate to ask questions, we are all more than happy to help in any way we can. Once again,

GATOR, welcome back, sounds like you had an interesting time down there. I surely wouldn't have eaten any of their chicken or meat down there, after hearing what they eat, no way! You have more guts than I would! Next time, you can come to Miami and see all the Cubans, prostitutes, Latin areas that you want and be able to find good food and good accomodations at the same time, plus, you can spend more money here and not have to worry about duty!!! Trust me, going to Little Havana down here and you would truly think you'd taken a trip into Cuba.

NANCE, NANCE, NANCE!!!! You posted!! OMG, I can't believe it!!! You gave me such a thrill today WELCOME BACK!!!!! Okay, is THIS IT this time??? I won't take anything but a resounding YES!!!!! It better be, otherwise you know, I'm just going to have to have Dan send you on a one-way ticket down the the DETOX DUNGEON!!! Oh heck, you know I love you no matter what, without any conditions!

QUIV, where are you from originally??? What color is the new doo? Glad to hear the clothes are fitting better. I always feel like a stuffed sausage in my clothes, they are always elastic waisted! Hey, just remember, no one puts a gun to your head and say "eat this", we have to remember, we have to be the ones in control. I give anyone credit who can take just a little and be satisfied, I'm not one of them, that's for sure.

Okay, I'm outta here for now, have to bag up the chicken breasts and do a few loads of laundry before the evening gets on. Will be back on for chat later tonight!!

Toodles

Debbie
194/121/129
SB since 3/22/00
Reached goal 6/10/01
Closed Thread