Sugar Shakers for followers of Sugar Busters and other GI based diets

View Poll Results: At this time, how CONFIDENT are you that you will reach your goal weight while on SB?
Extremely confident 12 27.91%
Very confident 13 30.23%
Somewhat confident 3 6.98%
A bit confident 5 11.63%
Not so confident 4 9.30%
Not confident 2 4.65%
Doubtful 0 0%
I have already reached my goal while on SB! 2 4.65%
Other/No Opinion 2 4.65%
Voters: 43. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 04-19-2002, 01:09 PM   #151  

Vesnoid- Congradulations on the weight loss. You know I'd sure get the dog if your heart tells you to. You'll know when you see it.
I just looked at your pots and they are just beautiful. My fingers were itching to bid on that red one. Darn I hate I'm so broke right now, its just beautiful. I hope you keep selling on e-bay so I can get one soon.... I just know you won't be sorry for getting the kiln. The money stuff will pass and if its something you love do it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 04-19-2002, 01:13 PM   #152  
sef

Subject: Fw: Fw: Old Geezers

"Geezers" (slang for an old man) are easy to spot:

At sporting events, during the playing of the National Anthem, Old Geezers hold their caps over their hearts and sing without
embarrassment. They know the words and believe in them. Old Geezers remember World War I, the Depression, World
War II, Pearl Harbor,Guadalcanal, Normandy and Hitler. They remember the Atomic Age, the Korean War, The Cold War, the Jet Age and the Moon Landing, not to mention Vietnam.

If you bump into an Old Geezer on the sidewalk, he will apologize. If you pass an Old Geezer on the street, he will nod or tip his cap to a lady. Old Geezers trust strangers and are
courtly to women. Old Geezers hold the door for the next person and always, when walking, make certain the lady is on the inside for protection.

Old Geezers get embarrassed if someone curses in front of women and children and they don't like any filth on TV or in movies. Old Geezers have moral courage. They seldom brag unless it's about their grandchildren.

It's the Old Geezers who know our great country is protected, not by politicians or police, but by the young men and women in the military serving their country.

This country needs Old Geezers with their decent values. We need them now more than ever. Thank God for Old Geezers!

It's me again!!! Being of the Old Geezer generation, thought I would pass this along. Shirley
Old 04-19-2002, 01:20 PM   #153  
sef

DIFFERENT HYMNS FOR DIFFERENT FOLKS:

> The Dentist's Hymn:..................Crown Him With Many Crowns

> The Weatherman's Hymn...........There Shall Be Showers of
Blessing
> The Contractor's Hymn...............The Church's One Foundation

> The Tailor's Hymn......................Holy, Holy, Holy

> The Golfer's Hymn....................There is A Green Hill Far Away

> The Politician's Hymn...............Standing on the Promises

> The Optometrist's Hymn...........Open My Eyes That I Might See

> The IRS Agent's Hymn..............I Surrender All

> The Gossip's Hymn...................Pass It On

> The Electrician's Hymn............Send the Light

> The Shopper's Hymn...............Sweet By and By

> The Realtor's Hymn.............I've Got A Mansion Just Over the
Hilltop

> The Pilot's Hymn.......................I'll Fly Away

> The Paramedic's Hymn.............Revive Us Again

> The Judge's Hymn.....................Almost Persuaded

> The Psychiatrist's Hymn............Just A Little Talk With Jesus

> The Architect's Hymn...................How Firm A Foundation

> The Credit Card Telemarketer's Hymn....A Charge To Keep I
Have

> The Zookeeper's Hymn..............All Creatures of Our God & King

> The Postal Worker's Hymn........So Send I You

> The Waiter's Hymn....................Fill My Cup, Lord

> The Gardener's Hymn................Lo, How A Rose E'er Blooming

> The Lifeguard's Hymn...............Rescue the Perishing

> The Criminal's Hymn................Search Me, O God

> The Baker's Hymn..................When the Roll Is Called Up Yonder

> The Shoe Repairer's Hymn.......It Is Well With My Soul

> The Travel Agent's Hymn.........Anywhere With Jesus

> The Geologist's Hymn...............Rock of Ages

> The Hematologist's Hymn..........Are You Washed in the Blood?

> The Menswear Clerk's Hymn..............Blest Be the Tie

> The Umpire's Hymn......................I Need No Other Argument

> The Librarian's Hymn...................Whispering Hope

> Now, for those who speed on the highway, a few hymns for
you:

> 45 mph......................God Will Take Care of You

> 55 mph......................Guide Me, O Thou Great Jehovah

> 65 mph......................Nearer My God to Thee

> 75 mph......................Nearer Still Nearer

> 85 mph......................This World Is Not My Home

> 95 mph......................Lord, I'm Coming Home

> Over 100 mph.............Precious Memories
Old 04-19-2002, 01:47 PM   #154  

Happy Birthday, Birthday Gals!!!

Just a quick post. Things have been pretty nuts around here, son's car died, mine has been in and out of the body shop, and then last night one of our TV's died. Speaking of TV, I'm really glad John is off the island. I remember that girl Vecepia (I think that's her name) saying last week, "This is all just too much drama." I missed the crying too. Darn, I hate it when I miss stuff. I watched the Osbournes for the first time the other night. It was hysterical! Joe (DH) thought I was losing my mind when he heard me laughing. Then my 16 y/o comes in and is astonished to find out what I'm watching. I loved the one where Ozzy is trying to find the cat.

Hey Orlando girls, DH is coming to Orlando in late July or early August and I'm going to try to finagle a trip with him. He works for the EMS dept here and is responsible for their fleet of ambulances. Right now, they are being made by Wheeled Coach and he usually makes 2 or 3 trips a year to inspect them at different phases. If I don't make this trip, I'm shooting for another one.

Gotta run. It's Friday, I'm at work, and things are a zoo! Have a great week-end everyone.
Old 04-19-2002, 02:57 PM   #155  

Hi All,

I am still here. Actually here is western North Carolina. Not far from where Debbie visited a few weeks ago. I have been very busy with first visiting my daughter, then returning home to pack to come here, then unpack and get settled. I am at least 10 pages behind in my reading and I don't want to miss anything...I think I should take up speed reading. I need to load something besides Netscape on this computer since it will not load a full page and really won't load the printable copy.

Oh, yesterday while in town, I way-layed a Nature's Own bread truck and the driver told me that their WW buns had been discontinued for awhile but that they are suppose to be put back on the market in about a month. Yeah! Just in time for summer barbecues.

I find that I have dozens of jars of unsweetened applesauce that I canned last fall. I need some creative ways to use them all up. I do use them to substitute instead of oil and in the breakfast oatmeal recipe I posted, but I need more. Help!

I am staying on program but eating a little too much since I see that I have put on a few pounds. Not so many that I am discouraged but I will get to work.

I have missed you all.

Bye for now.

Last edited by YellowRose; 04-19-2002 at 02:59 PM.
Old 04-19-2002, 03:20 PM   #156  

Happy Friday to all...

I only have a few minutes to say HI!!!

My Mom and Dad are visiting for a couple of days so I am not sure if I'll have the opportunity to post. We'll see. They may be moving back to Ridgecrest so they are house hunting. It will be nice to have them here.

My hubby is leaving early tomorrow for Wisconsin. He has training class there and will be gone for a week. I hate it when he is gone. Pooch - My heart goes out to you. It has to be hard to have your hubby gone for so long. Hang in there. Stay connected to the board and to your friends here.

Ves - your pots are very beautiful. My son is a potter. I am going to email him your ebay site so he can see your work.

For those who are having a heat wave I am sorry. I am used to the heat, but this week is it in the 60's when last weekend it was 90. It is no wonder we get sick so easy here. The wind is still blowing but not with so much force. I am still wiping up dust and sand in the house.

Well, I'll be busy tonight babysitting so maybe tomorrow.

BOB - Have a great birthday!!

Have a great weekend all of you!!

Cyndi
Old 04-19-2002, 03:52 PM   #157  

It just started pouring rain here - Summer is here, heat and afternoon rains.... I am looking forward to going home and watching some movies I rented and relaxing.

Vesnoid - Congratulations on your weight loss... It is hard to say No more furbabies - especially when they look at you with those sweet little trusting faces - wagging tails - gosh, if I could I would have a safe house for furkids of my own My parents tried to
convince me that I was crazy in adopting “Fluffernutter” the Greyhound - and I did anyway (I knew in my heart of hearts it was meant to be)

Toni - Hope you have better luck with the tanning lotion than I am - my legs are not orange, but they are barely tanned - I will have to use the whole entire bottle on my calves just to get them tanned

Fruit - Just might have to lie in the sun! I don’t think I can afford too much of this self- tanning lotion - hahaha -

Country - Thanks I am feeling 75% human again! And not very tanned

Gracious - Have fun at the shower - I am sure the name thing will be a hit

Solshine - I think it is just as important for a hairdresser to have good customer service as well as be able to be artistic and talented, and if you don’t get a call back today, I would look elsewhere. By the way, thank you for the compliment As for Orlando visit - it will be for one night - Sat and Sun - May 4-5 - I am going to stay at Disney for my birthday weekend with my best friend, and we are going to see the International Flower and Garden show....and do Epcot that whole first day - it would be great to meet the Orlando Sb’ers - send me an email and maybe we can get something together - if not that weekend - I am always going to Orlando for a weekend getaway - so I can work on another weekend too

Fillise - Congrats on your loss!!!

Pooch - that is wonderful about your young ones! I want Zoe to go too....

BOB - HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!!

Shmilly - I heard on the radio this morning that the Scorpion King is a lot of fun, lots of action. Enjoy - hope you are able to get some rest tonight before your busy weekend

Kimmy - that is so cute about the little ones clapping!!

Trish- The cat scene with Ozzy was hysterical!! Hope you are able to visit Orlando this summer with your husband. Always fun to get away!

Well back to work and then home again, home again....

Sabrina
Old 04-19-2002, 03:54 PM   #158  

S/C/G: 257/169/155

Height: 5'6"

Happy Friday Afternoon All!

It's almost time to go home for the weekend Been making notes all day so I thought I better get them posted before I lose them.

TV, Hi, I am fairly new and don't know you, but looking forward to getting to know you. Glad your hyst. went well. Regarding your mom's upcoming marriage. IMHO, I wouldn't want to be alone. My mom died 3 years ago and my dad does nothing but sit in a chair and read. No lights, TV, nothing. He has now moved in with my sister. I wish he had a companion. I know it is hard, but if she is happy.... just MHO.

Heartmom, Hate to hear of your son's upcoming operation. I don't blame you for being scared. You're right, all yu can do is trust in the Lord and pray. I will be praying for him too. Hope he has a grate 2nd birthday and you too.

Tranquil, your trip sounds like lots of fun. Can I go too? I don't ever think you are too old for WDW.

Beth, Grat that you like the job. I'm sure you will be great at it. Still praying for your SD.

Monet, How exciting for your DD. Making her own dress is awesome not to mention less expensive. We are just getting into that with my DD
, we have 13 more months though.

Sef, Take the loss on the scale at home. LOL.

Fruit, Cockatoo's are so pretty. Hope yuor egg hatches!

Gracous, What a hoot. I think the name game for the shower is a great idea. Let us know how the gray hairs react!

Shmily, I know what you mean aboiut being woke up at 3:00 by your DD. But with me, that's when they are coming in for the night. 19 & 22. Times go fast. enjoy rocking her at 3:00. I read your bio and love what your name stands for. How cute.

Frog, Don't beat yourself up. Keep reading, cause I believe it helps keep you OP, but you don't have to post individually now. I don't mind and I'm sure others don't either. Just let us know you are still here.

Pooch, I'm with you, I don't like Zoe either, I don't know what it is. Boy your husband will think he has a new wife when he returns. Keep up the good work. COngrats on your kid's smarts. It nice to brag isn't it. Loved your "tips". I'm printing them out for my dd who is getting married next year. Going to try a few of them myself.

TV, Cute song, What a creative mind.

Kimmy, Bless your DD on her baptism. I hope she finds the courage to speak. When I need help with words I pray to the Holy SPirit to guide me. (I'm Catholic).

Fillise, WOW, 70#'s. WTG Girlfriend. I am so proud of you. You will make that goal. I have confidence in you.
Hope you are having a wonderful visit with yur parents.

Vesnoid, Congrat on reachign 155. "THEY" say, you didn't put it on overnight, so don't expect it to come off overnight. THEIR nuts!. I woke up one morning at 257!!!! Congrats again.

Sef, See tips from Pooch for your headache. Rub a lime on your forehead. Let me know if it works. Feel better soon.

Music Teach, I like Diapertush better than Diapersniffer. Stay away from the chocolate.

I probably won't get to post much this weekend. Sat starts Derby festivities. Thunder over Lou. I guess we will go down for it. Such a crowd. & Sunday have to take DD back to college and start bringing some of her stuff home for the summer. That's going to be an adjustment for both her and me. Have a great weekend everyone!.

Jackie
257/196/145
10-10-01
Old 04-19-2002, 03:56 PM   #159  
Little Engine That Could

YellowRose--How about serving it with baked chicken or roasted pork tenderloin. You could even warm it up by putting it in the pan with with meat the last few minutes of roasting.
Another dessert--Add lemon juice and nutmeg to the cold applesauce-top with a dollop of vanilla yogurt and, voila!
Have it with toast for breakfast in the morning. Add fresh berries, or use it to top SB pancakes. If you need a recipe for the pancakes, let me know.

And now--to EVERYONE--I need a recipe, or some ideas. What is another way to fix yellow summer squash besides boiling or sautéing? The only other way I know of is in a high fat casserole. They are delicious, with lots of butter or mayonnaise and cheese, with ritz crackers, but a No-no for me. Any suggestions?
Old 04-19-2002, 04:16 PM   #160  

Default Squash

Gator:

I love to broil or grill the squash - I usually slice onions chunky and some bell pepper (colorful) and then slice the squash (yellow and zucchini, either or both) and spray them lightly with some olive oil (I have one of those pump sprays for the oil from Pampered Chef) - or Pam - then I shake italian seasoning and pepper and salt for flavor on them - then broil them until they start looking really grilled and yummy - or do it on a grill with tin foil - but oh so delicious and healthy and my ds loves it too.....

An idea you might like

Sabrina
Old 04-19-2002, 04:29 PM   #161  

S/C/G: 278/163/143

Height: 5'8"

Smile squash

I made some last night. I made it with onions and rotel tomatoes(you can get the milder kind). I put salt(lite),pepper,oregano,basil, and parsley with it. Then I topped it with some cheddar cheese. You don't have to use oil or butter because the squash and tomatoes make their own juices. If u want the flavor of butter then use some light butter(cook on stove w/lid on) and use 2% cheese. I had friends over and they loved it.
Old 04-19-2002, 04:30 PM   #162  

S/C/G: 278/163/143

Height: 5'8"

where are the recipies everyone posted yesterday?
Old 04-19-2002, 04:49 PM   #163  
Wife, Mother, Goddess

I HAVE A NAME!!!!! I'm Zippy Bubblebutt!!!!
I blend-in now!!! Thanks Fruitloupe for posting that....I'm going to have to print that one out!

BOB-I can't believe you already had that book!!!! I was on my hands and knees in a used book store just yesterday looking for it, all in vain! What's on the agenda for 4/20????? Dirty Martini's?
What did Skeeter get you??? Hope you have a fabulous day woman! You DESERVE it!!

Rosalie-Howdy! Long time no post (for me). How's evrything been? Planning any vacations? You know I lively vicariously through you! Still playing badmitten?

Monet....aka"Booger" Looking forward to getting to know you. Deb told me she got to meet you and that you were one hip chick!
I take it you like art? I'm a wanna be artist!

TV-No words of wisdom from the Nancemeister. When people in my family want to do weird stuff, I gently remind myself that they are their own person, and they are going to do what they want to do with or without my opinion. I feel for you, but say a prayer, keep your fingers crossed, and let Mom know you love her!

CountryMom-How long did you say it took to loose 75-80 pounds?? You must be like a Debbie, and a good girl who stays OP without having chocolate breakdowns....share your secrets of success!!!

Sol-SO what's the deal with this "stylist"???? Is there a haircut scheduled or not??? You should see what I just went through! Last week I had blonde, almost shoulder length hair with bangs, and now I look like middle-aged Mom!!!! and it's light brown now.
When I wake up in the morning I'm in shock when I first look in the mirror and then it all comes back to me what occured! Hope you find someone good to do the Cinderella transformation.

Beth-That's sooooo cool about your job. I like to be busy too and unfortunately am not busy at all with my new job I started in November. I'm one of those sick, twisted people who seem to thrive at stressful fast paced jobs....let me know hoe week one goes. Cool about the benefits. That's awesome. Comes in handy, especially when those kids break a bone, which always happens when you least expect it!

Sef-How are you? Long time no talk! Read your story about the cake recipe. I just bought some Smuckers SF jam yesterday, opened it up, tasted it, made a face and Dan the Man said "Oh, it can't be THAT bad", and then I made him taste it. It was awful. He said it tasted like jello without the sugar. I'm going to stick to that brand called "Simply Fruit".

Kimmy-did my eyes decieve me??? Is that 5....FIVE kids you have???

Gator-Howdy! Sorry I don't have any brainstorms for your squash. I always just like it steamed with butter...boring I know.
My Mom does a thing where she makes a breadcrumb type mixture with some parmesean cheese thrown in, and spray of cooking oil and puts them on a baking sheet, and they come out tasty. I would imagine they get dunked in some milk or beaten egg prior to the coating.....I'll have to look through my cook books for you.

Well, time to scrapbook....have to take advantage of the quiet time! I'm rummaging through my old SB recipes trying to figure out which one I want to make tonight!
Old 04-19-2002, 05:02 PM   #164  

Oh ho you all aren't getting me behind again.... I've got it figured out I have to keep doing this to keep up. LOL....
Heartmom- that sounds good what you made. I've got to remember some rotel tomatoes at the store...

Tranquil- Yours sounds good to. I love things you can put in foil on cook on the grill. My new love is zucchini.

Jack-K- Hope you have a great week-end home.

Red1- I hope you have so much fun with your parents. Its ashame your DH will have to be gone.

Yellowrose- I have canned up applesauce to. I've been just putting some equal and cinnamon in it and eating it.

Trishloo- Sorry everything is breaking down at your house!!!!

Sef- Love your hymns. But its making me sit here and sing....

Music Teach- Glad you made it through the week.

Fillise-Hope you're doing good....

by for now.....
Old 04-19-2002, 05:33 PM   #165  

Wow so many posts!! I've been avoiding the gym but I'm going again tonight...for as long as I can bear it

My new name is Chim-Chim Diaper Sniffer... no surprise. I love sniffing them diapers!!

My friend and I are going to break out the BBQ tomorrow, if weather permits. Planning to do some errands in my sweats so that I can make a workout of it. Have a good weekend y'all!!
Closed Thread