Sugar Shakers for followers of Sugar Busters and other GI based diets

View Poll Results: What beverage do you find yourself consuming most through a normal day?
Water 29 72.50%
Soda 5 12.50%
Juice 0 0%
Milk 1 2.50%
Coffee 1 2.50%
Tea 2 5.00%
Soy Beverage 0 0%
Crystal Light (or similar) 2 5.00%
Other 0 0%
Voters: 40. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 03-14-2002, 08:14 AM   #91  

Angry Thursday Starting out Well

This morning I called into our local radio station and ended up winning 2 breakfasts at Burger King. That was kind of nice, especially for hubby because of course he is the one that will eat them!

I am weighing in back at 165 when I am leaning just so on the scale..lol..any of you have those scales that change depending on how you are standing or leaning?! Sheesh, it can be frustrating but I'll take it! Otherwise it says 165.5 so it is not off in a big way.

Slaphappy-So sorry to hear about all the tragedy going on in your life. My thoughts and prayers are with you. When things like this happen it really reminds us how short and fragile life is.

ldblond-I see from your post you are 164 now. What is your goal weight? How tall are you? I am 5' 8.5" and my goal weight is 154. I have been doing some weight training this week at home, but nothing intense like I used to when I went to the gym. I usually do 30 mins. step up, 500 ab crunches, 100 butt raises and 50 tricep pushups. I haven't done that for 2 weeks though because my parents were visiting then I decided to do this weight thing.
I used to get up at 5:30 am and go to the gym when I lived in Ontario (1.5 years ago) 5 days a week. It was a killer but I really enjoyed it. I ended up losing 15 more pounds because of it. I find that getting up early is my best bet, even though I love to sleep. This coming Monday I am getting the 2 year old boy I babysit and his 2 week old sister at 7:15 am Monday to Friday so I plan on getting up at 6 am again and get back into my exercising.
I wouldn't even mind staying my present weight if I could only get things toned and firmed up...but a combination is what is needed. I don't know the answer but I plan on also adding some biking. Someone gave me a stationary bike so I will get some batteries to see how far and how fast I go and get to it! I need to do things at home because of my own 3 kids and the 2 I babysit. My other option was to get out early in the morning now that that nicer weather is coming and walk/jog. I have never liked jogging so it will be a test of sorts..just to add variety.

Hubby is still sore, but hasn't passed anything yet. They say it comes in waves and we are hoping he passes something soon! Thanks for asking!

??????No one has answered my bean question. I am asking again. Are beans counted as a protein or starchy carbs??????????
Old 03-14-2002, 09:07 AM   #92  

Angry Good Morning....

This is my Friday !! I work on a compressed schedule and every other friday we are off. Not much happening here. The wind blew very hard yesterday, gust to 70 and 80mph. The wind make alot us very irratable. When my kids were young the teachers hated it when it blew. The kids were terrors. The desert is a great place to live but you during this time of the year you can't figure out the weather. Tuesday it was almost 80 and yesterday 60. It makes for alot of sickness.

Deb - I found the tahini. It makes all the difference in the world in the hummus. I was surfing around yesterday to find agave, since our town is out and won't be getting anymore. I had found the Sweet Catus Farms and was going to call. I will just wait until they are online and order then. I haven't used any agave yet but when I found out I couldn't get it I was bummed. I think that you should sticky the weekly messages and what ever else you think should go to the top.

Pooch - HAPPY BIRTHDAY !! I don't know if I'll be around tomorrow and I don't want to miss the chance to tell you. Does your DH get to write to you via email often? That was such a saving grace for my daughter when her husband was out to sea. If you do maybe if your son, not sure how old he is, could write to his daddy and he'd feel alittle more connected. I'll be praying that the homesickness will pass quickly.

Slaphappy - Sorry for the loss of your friend. My prayers are with you and her family.

idblonde - Where is La quinta? I'm wondering if we are near each other.

Pravda - HAPPY BIRTHDAY !! I hope you have a great day.

Froglover - Don't foget we are here. Friends are very important during hard times. You have some very good support here on the board. I don't get to post to often and plan to get here more but I can feel a sense of togetherness. Keep your chin up

Daramus - I know what you mean about the board. I miss an afternoon and I can't keep up.

Well I got to run.... Got to get ready for work.

Everyone have a great day.

Cyndi
Old 03-14-2002, 09:56 AM   #93  
Clay Girl

Default Thursday

This is my last day of school before the spring break starts. I have many activities planned, one of them will be walking with our school librarian. She says she used to do 1 mile in 10 minutes! I am no where near that, but since she hasn't done it in a while, I think I may have a bit of an edge.
I have been walking diligently for the past 4 days. The day before yesterday I did 3.5 miles in 1 hour, and then yesterday, I did 3.25 miles in 42 minutes. Of course, I jogged a bit. If that blooming fanny pack didn't hop around so much, I would have jogged more. Next time I will go for 4 miles (unless my friend comes with me), and try to get it under 1 hour.

Scale is stuck at 160. I eat perfect combination of foods, drink water and what not, but it is stuck and it is mocking me! I know it is too soon for me to claim any muscle weight, so I have this tiny little hope that it is due to my TOM being around the corner.

HAPPY - OH girl! I am so so sorry about all the tragedies in your life. A loss of a friend can be a terrible trial, that combined with the sickness in the family... My prayers and thoughts are with you. Stay strong! You have mine and this board's total support. May your trials end soon!

RED - Yes, kids. We get this phenomenon around holidays. Kids skip classes, they get into fights, bring weapons to school.... Go figure. I think one of the major reasons why there is no school during 2 months of summer is student discipline. I think they would eat us alive!

POOCH and PRAVDA - A very happy birthday to both of you! Please imagine a big sparkling ice cream cake iwth your favorite toppings. Than, and a pair of your favorite jewelry. Unfortunately, I don't know how to post those pictures, but I am sure your imagination can do much better !

GRACIOUS - I ALWAYS lean around my scale LOL! Sometimes I will step down and up again, adjusting my toes to the lowest weight. I am stuck right now (have been for 2 weeks) and I know it sucks! Especially when you exercise, you would think/expect the weight would just fall right off.

Vesna
Old 03-14-2002, 10:07 AM   #94  
Goddess

Thumbs down Good Thursday Morning!

Morning everyone!

TOM is being a real B***h this month--arrgghh! Guess whose being a real b***h right along side it????

Gracious--beans are a protein and not a starchy carb. They tend to be emtremly low on the GI scale and that makes them a wonderful staple for SB and other low glycemic nutritional lifestyles. They are also very low in fat--so they can be used to boost protein consumption without boosting fat intake!

pooch--I'm thinking about you an DH and the long voyage. My thoughts are with you!

BOB--While I am certainly glad to hear that you will be watching the WOLFPACK, please, for future reference please note that the light blue color belongs to the evil tarheels--who will, in fact, be sitting home during the month of March. Belle is asleep in my lap as I type. She is fully recovered and back into full kitten mode (which means nothing in the house is safe). She seems to have forgiven me as we have had no further "incidents." Yesterday she rescued me from a bug that got into the house--she's a huntress! I found a new avitar that looks just like her, but alas we can't use .GIF files anymore. Darn.

ldblond--it's good to hear from you again!

Slap--I'm so sorry to hear about your friend. What a tragedy, I will keep those children in my prayers--you too!

OK--time to get dressed and head out the door. Have a good day everyone!

Susan
300/240/150
Old 03-14-2002, 11:00 AM   #95  

Default Pizza Dough

Okay...my hubby and I flirt with this WOE and then give up, etc... I'm ready to get back on it. (I think! LOL)

Would somebody please post the WW pizza dough recipe? I think if I can make him a pizza....he will be willing to give it a go! LOL

Thanks!
Cjane
Old 03-14-2002, 11:09 AM   #96  

Also...can someone explain why angel hair pasta is okay? Semolina flour is all right to eat? I couldn't find that explanation in the book. I thought only WW pasta was okay.

I made brown rice (which I normally don't care for very much) with chicken broth... and LOVED it... even my kids loved it...and that says a lot!

Thanks for the help!
Old 03-14-2002, 11:26 AM   #97  
SUPER CHICK aka Moderator

Good Thursday Morning Everyone

WHEW! Finally, I have some time to post a REAL post! I've plopped my arse down and won't get up except for breaks to the urination station until I get a post typed up and actually on the board-I feel like I've been out of touch forever!!!

Pushed and prodded myself out the door later than usual this morning for my walk/jog. I didn't jog like I have been, but instead did smaller bouts of jogging with short spurts of walking-just too dang hot. Was only going to go 3.5 miles but ended up doing the entire 4.5 miles

Scale is up today, 121.5-not fretting though, sure as heck doesn't help a darned bit if I do, but TOM should be here in about 4 days if I'm running on time (sound like a bus, don't I?) Yesterday I ate way too much and once again, nothing was satisfying me, so I know it's hormonal.

Eli and I did our usual on his day off yesterday, nothing exciting or out of the ordinary. Carbolite was pistachio and vanilla-Eli got strawberry-yummy!!!

IMPORTANT! In a recent e-mail from SUZANNE she said:

Make sure that you are reaching the forum with the domain name (3fatchicks.com) and not the IP address (http://64.119.161.199/forum/)

Our hosting company is in the middle of reallocating IP numbers to all accounts, so our IP will change in the near future. Once this happens, anyone that has bookmarked us by IP will not be able to reach the site. Our stats show that a lot of people have either bookmarked the IP, or have posted links to us using the IP instead of the domain name. IPs can change from time to time, but the domain will always remain the same. I'll post a
reminder on the forum.

I was using the IP and now have changed it, so please check how you get to our little area of the site and make sure you change it if you currently use the IP. What you want to bookmark is:

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/foru...php?forumid=62

Once again, I'm thrilled and overjoyed to hear the news about the agave. NOW, I can easily use it without worrying about replacing it. I know it will take some time to use what I do currently have, but at least now I can start experimenting again. Hmmm, it does have it's pros and cons, doesn't it

Okay, so here I go, I will do my best to play catch up with the latest posts. If I don't get to everyone, PLEASE FORGIVE ME, I promise, after this post, I'll be back on track and posting as usual!

QUILTER, CONGRATS on your loss this week. Ummm, you said you're staying well below the limits I suggested? Just wanted to make sure what you mean by that-you want to stay in that area, not well below-so please elaborate so I don't worry

THUNDER, glad to hear you are doing well and feeling good too! Just think, if you can stay on SB best you can during this pregnancy, once the baby is born, you'll probably be lower on the scale than you even suspect! Any ideas, or do you even want to know beforehand, what the sex of the baby is??

FROG, hope you are feeling better and things get back to normal for you. Can't wait to see you in just a few weeks so we can spend some quality girl time together!!!

FRUIT, WOO HOO!, Girl, see what you can accomplish when you put your mind to it, another 4lbs down the drain. Keep up the great work.

ZANNE, great news to see you are back down to your low! What a great surprise with the agave-a girl cannot have too much, you know! Enjoy it, you are well worth every drop and cent!!! The agave you got is the old '99 stock, but still delicious and good tot he last drop!!

BETH, glad to see you re-committing. It's very easy and happens to many that they do a little cheat and see no reprocussions, but then they tempt fate and try doing it a little more, until they find themselves out of control and not being able to get back on track. It's good you caught yourself now, before it got any worse. That's what happens to me, and was happening with the SB LEGAL treats I was making, it started out once a month, then just progressively got worse to where I was eating stuff daily, in large amounts-I, to this day, just don't have self control in certain areas and have to just keep this in the forefront of my mind.

MEL, wasting away I see! Congrats on that 1/2lb. I bet I won't even recognize you when we meet!!!

TRISH, CONGRATS! WOW, 17lbs since NY is wonderful-you must not only feel great but be very proud!

MONET, yes, I can relate, I had a month that I lost nothing. It's going to happen, so don't fret, it can be from many things, but just know that if you stay on track you will have a loss eventually. As you get closer to goal and then to your goal it too is hard at times. I stay on SB and really don't waiver and yet I'm up 3.5lbs from my all time low of 118. I weigh a 1/2lb more today than I did 90 days ago. You can't let this discourage you, for one, it doesn't help the situation one bit, and number two, you have to realize that sometimes how your body behaves is something you cannot control no matter how hard you try. If you've read my posts you will see that I know when to expect the scale to go up and when I expect it to go down as well, sometimes I'm right, other times I'm wondering what the heck is happening to me! Usually when I feel barfy the scale shows a loss on the scale the next day, but not always. Anyhow, I just keep on as I'm doing and that's all I can do-so stick it out, and don't get discouraged

TONI, WOW! 7lbs is awesome, CONGRATULATIONS! Okay, so how far are you from BRANSON?? I have a friend that lives there, just wondering

GRACIOUS, I too e-mailed Lindt in CANADA and got no response, so I called their customer service number in the US. Gal didn't have any info but took my name and number and said "someone" would get back with me regarding the nutritional information. As soon as I hear something, I will let you know, as I too want the info as well. The ONLY thing I can think of is next time you are at the store where they sell them, look at the display box and see if the info is on there-or maybe you can try calling and finding out, they may in fact have it to give you. One of those squares is .3oz, which is a good serving size to have. Beans are considered a protein-I love beans!!!! You should try the bean dish I have on the board-delicious!!

PRAVDA, hope you have a very happy birthday tomorrow! It's hard to get back on track, but I can tell you, if you can recommit and get through the first 3 days, you'll be well back on your way. PLEASE do it now, before it gets out of hand. Give yourself this wonderful birthday present!!!!

SEF, thanks for posting the water/coke info-truly an eye-opener!! Lets not even mention that Coke has something like the equivalent of 12 tsp of sugar, or something close to that, per can! Can't believe it will be 2 years in June since I had even a sip of any soda-I don't miss it at the least. Have to get in more water though, I am totally guilty of not drinking enough!

POOCH, CONGRATS on your loss this week! Happy Birthday tomorrow too, how are you planning to celebrate? I'm sure DH will remember and probably hates being away from you not only on your BD, but every day!!

JMUIR, CONGRATS on your 1/2lb loss-no matter what the amount is, a loss is a loss and any loss is wonderful!

DARAMUS, I didn't go the the Greek Festival we had down here-food is way too tempting. Do you know that they know make a WW and a SPELT FILO DOUGH like MONET mentioned??

HAPPY, sorry to hear about the tragedies. I know we heard there were a few fatalaties last weekend and after seeing the traffic that we got stuck in, it's no wonder, people were driving nutsy as it was.

LDBLOND, I think there's a recipe on one of the old board for bran muffins, and if I remember correctly, they were pretty darned good too!

SEMMENS, I'm with you, I could NEVER do a pig out day, it would turn out to be a pig out week, month and so on, there's no stopping me when I get started!!

RED1, glad to hear you got REAL tahini, and yes, it does make a big difference. Now, you have to learn that you can do a lot more with tahini other than just making hummus with it. I've even made cookies that had tahini in them once!! I'd wait until SCF's site is up, I'm sure now that the stock of agave will be plentiful, it should be easier to find.

VES, I haven't forgotten you or your e-mail! Heck, I may just give you a call sometime this evening if you'll be home-better than typing!!!

CJANE, have you checked the recipe boards, possibly the recipe for the pizza crust is on there. I made brown rice yesterday as well, using chicken stock and adding salt, pepper and cinnamon-delicious! There should be information about pastas on the FOOD INFORMATION BOARD and pastas that are extruded are lower on the GI than something like lasagna that's cut.

Okay, it's 11:30am now, and I've been reading and typing since 10am, so this is going to have to wrap it up for me for now. I will definitely be back on later today to check in and try to post a recipe or two if I am able.

Hope you all have a wonderful day!!!

Debbie
194/121.5/129
SB since 3/22/00
Reached goal 6/10/01
Old 03-14-2002, 12:02 PM   #98  

I heard bits and pieces of this story that I couldn't even imagine really happening. If you hadn't heard about the lady who hit the guy and then drove home with him imbedded in her windshield, just read about it at the link below-makes you continually wonder about people!

http://www.dfw.com/mld/dfw/2809134.htm
Old 03-14-2002, 12:04 PM   #99  
Clay Girl

Default Back on track

I have been reading this walking/running book "Walking and Running" the complete guide. It is great for anyone who wants some solid, factual information about their walking/running exercise and routine. I am on page 49 now, and enjoying every bit of it.
THe interesting snippet I want to share, is that when you walk faster than 5 miles/hour, you burn MORE calories than if you were running. This is because walking in itself is very efficient at about 2.5 miles/hour - meaning, you burn minimal calories. Also, if you want to do speed walking, or race walking, you can achieve higher speed than some runners! The marathon olympic medalist on 20 miles achieved average walking speed of 9.4 miles/hour. Those of you who bust your behind to get 4 mil/hour in, will sigh with me at this unimaginable feat!!!!

DEBBIE - I would L O V E to talk to you tonight, but I have a BLACK JACK gig ( I deal cards for entertainment only!). Tomorrow my spring break starts, and I'll give you a call, if you don't catch me first. Don't worry about the email. I know how difficult it gets playing catchup. Oh - my mom is all excited about meeting you.

Ok. One of our teachers shared this story with the staff (email). It rang SO TRUE I had to spread it among my SB-ers. Here it is:

A water bearer in India had two large pots, each hung on the ends of a pole which he carried across his neck. One of the pots had a crack in it, while the other pot was perfect and always delivered a full portion of water.

At the end of the long walk from the stream to the house, the cracked pot arrived only half full. For a full two years this went on daily, with thebearer delivering only one and a half pots full of water to his house.

Of course, the perfect pot was proud of its accomplishments, perfect for which it was made. But the poor cracked pot was ashamed of its own imperfection, and miserable that it was able to accomplish only half of what it had been made to do.

After 2 yrs of what it perceived to be a bitter failure, it spoke to the water bearer one day by the stream. "I am ashamed of myself, and I want to apologize to you. I have been able to deliver only half my load because this crack in my side causes water to leak out all the way back to your house. Because of my flaws, you have to do all of this work, and you don't get
full value from your efforts," the pot said.

The bearer said to the pot, "Did you notice that there were flowers only on your side of the path, but not on the other pot's side? That's because I have always known about your flaw, and I planted flower seeds on your side of the path, and every day while we walk back, you've watered them. For two years I have been able to pick these beautiful flowers to decorate the table. Without you being just the way you are, there would not be this
beauty to grace the house."

Moral: Each of us has our own unique flaws. We're all cracked pots, but it's the cracks and flaws we each have that make our lives together so very interesting and rewarding. You've just got to take each person for what they are, and look for the good in them.

Blessed are the flexible, for they shall not be bent out of shape.
Remember to appreciate all the different people in your life!

AND May you have a georgious the rest of the day!

Vesna
Old 03-14-2002, 12:32 PM   #100  
aka Zippy LiverFace

Default FLY BY!

I CAN'T BELIEVE THOSE PEOPLE ON SURVIVOR!?!?! DON'T THEY KNOW QUALITY WHEN THEY'RE LIVING WITH IT????!!!!

SORRY ALL --- VERY, VERY BUSY AT WORK AND AT HOME.

Going to the GatorNationals on Sunday! Vince is bringing gas masks for all of us.....NOT to be used for the purposes that DEBBIE and BOB would be using them for!

I haven't caught up on e-mail or the board, but did see GRACIOUS's question --- I log everything into www.fitday.com so carbs, protein, fat, etc....gets counted....keeps me honest.

DEBBIE - PLEASE IMPLEMENT THE STICKIES!! Vince calls it an IDIOTsyncracy, but I do like things nice and neat.

gotta run before the Network **** turns me in for looking at 3 fat chicks....

Old 03-14-2002, 12:50 PM   #101  

Default WOW

It is really nice to see so many posts. That means there's a lot of us keeping our goals in mind and pushing towards success. Even when we feel down about circumstances, we are able to share successes and challenges with friends. That's what's so great about this board.

I had a nice visit with my parents and am glad to be home and chill out for the last half of my break. Trips are fun, but I never feel rested afterwards and know there are still 12 longs weeks before school is out. I plan to have fun these last 4 days. Maybe some shopping, definitely some house cleaning and possibly some flower planting.

The weather is really unusual. We are having really strong winds and the temp. was 82 yesterday and will be at least that high today. It was cloudy the whole time I was in La. and that became so depressing. I wanted to go fishing in one of my parents ponds and finally had to just bundle up, put on rubber boots and go. I spent about 4 hours out and caught quite a few fish. One was a good size bass, the biggest I've ever caught. I threw them all back because I didn't want to clean them! And I didn't want to make my dad do it either.

Missy: My folks live about an hour south of S'port just above the Sabine Parish line. We did eat some crawfish Saturday, just enough to make me want some more. The season should be better this year and I hope our stores will carry some live ones. I grew up in Monroe and remember slow, warm weekends catching crawfish, drinking beer, getting sunburned, and then taking them home and having crawfish boils. What could be better?

Frog: I'm so sorry you are going through this tough time. It's especially hard knowing you can't be there to help your mom through this. Hang in there, girlfriend!

Pooch: I don't know if you can tell, so I won't ask. I'll just share with you that my son will be going on a cruise in June for his USNA summer assignment and has requested a Med. cruise on an amphibious assault ship. His second choice is aircraft carrier. He'll shadow an enlisted this time. He'll find out next month. Wouldn't it be something if he ended up on your DH's ship?

Speaking of DS: He's in Panama City right now on a mission associated with a group called BeachReach. It's through the Southern Baptist Mission. They go out in street teams and in vans ministering to college students down there on spring break. They have a website that shows live prayer requests and last night his van found a runaway who wanted to get away from the man controlling this group of runaways and they got him back to their base and are putting him on a bus to go back home. Isn't that awesome? The vans pick up kids and take them places and try to witness to them during the rides. There have been many decisions and there have been some tense situations. Please pray for these kids, for their safety and their success in reaching these kids. They will head back to Annapolis on Friday or Saturday. What a way to spend Spring Break, Huh?

I hope all of you who are feeling poorly will be on the mend really soon. It looks like spring is just waiting to burst through the dreary winter. My pear tree is almost fully bloomed today and my DD's purple tree (redbud) is full of tiny little purple buds. It should be beautiful this year. (Except for the fact that it's growing sideways because of some other trees that are encroaching on it's space) A bad choice of location on our part when planting!

Take care everyone!
Jeanie
196/166/130
Old 03-14-2002, 02:07 PM   #102  
Child of God

Default I have not recovered!

I can not get over the idiots on SURVIVOR!!! They leave the losers and ditch the best!!! Well, that team is numbered for sure! It is a shame because I really like Hunter and Gina. Unless they pull a switch, she is next to go. Oh well...life goes on.
Old 03-14-2002, 02:23 PM   #103  
super mom

Hi all

j red - that would be a small world. My DH is on The USS WASP which is an amphibious assault ship and the timing would still be right. Keep me posted when you find out. We are allowed to tell what ship just not give out any info on the schedules or where they are at any given time. Needless to say we just make general reference like he's on the other side of the world - kinda obvious to figure out though. Every now and then we catch some info on CNN. If he does get on that one, I'll connect you with the family support group and the Wasp message board.

I missed Survivor twice now. I know you guys kept saying it was coming on but last night I kept thinking it doesn't come on till Thursday and you guys were mixed up. Will it always be on Wednesdays now? I am so bummed I missed it. Anyone want to fill me in? I did catch Amazing Race - love the grandmas!!! I liked the couple that lost yesterday too - oh well. I think we need to get Debelli and Frog to sign up for the next one.

vesnoid - I loved the story you had about the pots - that's a keeper!!

Debelli - what is Carbolite that you keep talking about??

Thanks for the early birthday wishes everyone. I have plans tomorrow but will probably go to the movies with the kids on Saturday - Ice Age comes out and I LOVE going to the movies. Sure miss getting a big popcorn though. I may have to splurge and get a small one.

TTFN
Denise
Old 03-14-2002, 02:53 PM   #104  

Hello all... Finally I'm getting on... Running late as usual. The day is going pretty well. I walked on the treadmill this morning which makes three days in a row, Yeah.. Its a big deal for me because I have Cornary artery disease really bad and haven't been on the treadmill for ages. LOL I'm up to a whole 8 min. My goal is to do 20 min. at 2 mph.

I was in total shock they voted Hunter off last night on Survivor! That team is a mess. Hope they do a switch a roo.....

Can't wait to try agave... I've never tried it and would love to make some desserts that a okay to eat. Hope you post the web site to where it is.

Hope everyone that was sick is getting better..

Wow spring is just around the corner and everyone sounds so busy. Hope you have a great day....
Old 03-14-2002, 06:51 PM   #105  

Evening All

Thought I'd get in a post before Eli gets home from work.

Before I forget (I tend to do that a lot lately), I wanted to tell you about 2 food products I found.

One is BLACKWING GROUND OSTRICH, yep, you heard right! I decided to treat myself to a box of this interesting looking meat. What a delicious find!!! A 4oz portion has only 110 calories, 1.5 grams of fat and 23 grams of protein. I called the company to get some more information and the woman who answered the phone was the owner. What a doll, and VERY helpful. She said they also have ostrich filets, patties and pieces cut for fajitas. She told me just to add a tad of salt, pepper and garlic powder, which I did and put it in a non-stick pan-it was cooked in less than 5 minutes, no fat, no mess and absolutely delicious. She is sending me literature on it so I will post more of the info on it when it's received. If anyone is interested in knowing if this can be found in their areas, give BETH KAPLAN a call at
1-800-326-7874. If you can locate it in your area I highly recommend at least trying it once. I've already bought another box I liked it so much!

Second, I went to the mall today-what a shocker that was, I haven't been there in years and felt so out of place. Anyhow, I saw a GODIVA CHOCOLATE STORE and decided to stop in and see what the highest cocoa content chocolate was that they had. The woman said they recently started carrying a 75% cocoa content chocolate, but only now have them in this itty bitty square which is probably .2oz, if that. Anyhow, they are .60cents and I probably wouldn't ever buy something that costs that much and with it being so small, but I wanted to pass that along just in case you are out at the mall and have a craving for something sweet, this could just fill the void. Oh, she gave me a sample of it, delicious

Speaking of void, I'm on one of my feeding frenzies it seems! Nothing is satisfying my hunger today. I'm keeping track of what I've eaten all day, well, at least until the frozen eggplant parm. I threw in the oven and indulged in. I know I've gone well over my usual intake for the day already and know I'm still not done for the night. Want something filling, yet sweet, but really afraid to make anything as I know that I will eat way too much of whatever, so I'm hoping this feeling will pass, and SOON! I know it's raging hormones that are wrecking havoc on me today

VES, I won't be home tomorrow night, ELI & I have tickets to an Edward Albee play. PLUS, I realized, I don't think I have your home number, just the cell and I think that's the same for me with you-will have to exchange via e-mail. Ummm, would Sat evening be good-I'll be home, esp. at 8pm during what the kids deem as WHITE TRASH NIGHT (COPS). Thanks for sharing the story and the walking info!!!

SOL, I owe you an e-mail-please, forgive me for not writing back sooner, I'll work on it soon, I promise! I hope you and VINCE get a pic taken of the two of you together with the gas masks on. I truly think you should hold them for me for next time we come up that way if I get stuck with BOB again-I'm going to need them!!!! Thanks for the input on the stickies, will try to get those implemented soon.

JRED, I had to laugh when you spoke of spring being almost here. I feel like we skipped winter and spring and are already in full blown summer. It was 90 degrees here yesterday, 87 today-I can't even fathom how hot this summer is going to be

KIMMY, I agree, they were stupid to get rid of HUNTER, but it's a game and they are playing it, maybe not the smartest way though.

POOCH, OMG, what an idea, me and FROG on the AMAZING RACE! I can't believe what those people do, even the Grannies! My daughter asked if I would do some of those things and I said NO! As I"ve gotten older it seems I get scared easily. I can't even go on anything more than a carousel ride these days-don't know what the heck happened to me. If that was me on last night, I'd of definitely taken the challenge of finding the clue with the metal detector!! Yum, CARBOLITE is a soft-serve desert that's like ice cream and comes out of the machine at this joint I go to-it's delicious!!!!

DOES ANYONE ELSE THINK THE UGLY KID WITH THE GLASSES LOOKS LIKE A YOUNG WOODY ALLEN???

TONI, good for you for doing the TM 3 days in a row, every little bit helps and each day that passes you'll go longer and feel better. As soon as the website for SCF is up don't you worry, I'll be posting it. Actually, they have it partially up I was told, but haven't checked on it yet.

Well gals, that's it for me, for now, at least. I'm going to see what I want to do about this terrible craving I'm having!!!

Will check before I go to bed if the computer is free.

Toodles

Debbie
194/121.5/129
SB since 3/22/00
Reached goal 6/10/01
Closed Thread