Sugar Shakers for followers of Sugar Busters and other GI based diets

View Poll Results: What beverage do you find yourself consuming most through a normal day?
Water 29 72.50%
Soda 5 12.50%
Juice 0 0%
Milk 1 2.50%
Coffee 1 2.50%
Tea 2 5.00%
Soy Beverage 0 0%
Crystal Light (or similar) 2 5.00%
Other 0 0%
Voters: 40. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 03-13-2002, 08:59 AM   #61  
SUPER CHICK aka Moderator

Good Wednesday Morning Everyone!

Just a quickie as I have to jump in the shower and get ready to spend the day with the COFFEE MAN!!!!

WIW is the same as last week for me, 120lbs. I'm happy!

Before I totally forget, we have TWO BIRTHDAYS TO CELEBRATE THIS FRIDAY!!!!!

POOCH & PRAVDA BOTH HAVE BIRTHDAYS MARCH 15th!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU BOTH!!!!

I will be back on before SURVIVOR & AMAZING RACE to get in a post, until then, I hope you all have a wonderful day!!!!

Please remember, TOMORROW IS RECIPE DAY so if you have any good SB LEGAL RECIPES you'd like to share with the board, please, try to post them tomorrow.

Toodles

Debbie
194/120/129
SB since 3/22/00
Reached goal 6/10/01
Old 03-13-2002, 09:04 AM   #62  

Way to go Kim! And all the other losers!

OT I know: but I just wonder why more people aren't questioning Russell Yates' role in this tragedy. This man left every day to go off to work, and left a mentally ill woman alone with 5 small children. She homeschooled, and evidently Russell had discouraged social contacts with neighbors who could have helped. They didn't attend church either. He had been told by doctors NOT to have more kids way before this last baby was born. I find the whole thing heartbreaking, but I can't see him as the innocent, supportive spouse.

Off my soapbox now, and off to the gym for UBWO.

Laura
Old 03-13-2002, 09:08 AM   #63  
Undercover Diva

S/C/G: 242/ticker/175

Height: 5'6"

Default Happy WIW!!

Well... Beth still remains scaleless.. LOL! A friend keeps threatning to give me hers, but I know she can't live without it!

I fell of of my own personal wagon I think. When I started SB, I was VERY diligent about the things I ate, and the easier it got, the easier it was to allow myself to stretch the limits of legal. I gave up the sugar, but over did it with artifical sweetners, I gave up bread, but over did triscuits... I gave up potato, and over did cheese that wasn't lowfat. You see what I mean? For everything I gave up, I've now found a legal substitute that I just eat even MORE of, so my scale isn't moving anymore. I was losing 4 pounds a week when I was doing nothing but WATER and salad and meat and dairy. Now that I've added in legal treats like biscotti, and carbolite, and Fresca, and things like that... It's not moving anymore!

I'm re-committing myself as of this minute! I won't say that I won't have a treat, because that's not reasonable for myself, and I'd be setting myself up to fail. I don't deserve to fail. NONE of us do. I *am* however going to set myself up to SUCCEED! I can do that by drinking my water again... and only allowing myself a 'legal' treat twice a week instead of every day, twice a day. I know myself well enough that if I try to cut it out totally, then one day I'll just explode and binge on it, and I don't want to do that.

It's water for me today, and I'm allowing myself ONE Fresca or diet/cf whatever per day... my choice what time, but only ONE. I'm going to be STRICT with the 2 SERVINGS of legal starchy carbs. I'm eating egg-beaters right now for breakfast, because I'm watching my FAT intake.

I know I can do it... I know we can all do it if we want it... and boy do I want it!!! It felt so great to pull on some size 14's for the first time in 7 years... and I'll be damned if I'm going to sabotage myself back into my 16's!!! I deserve better, and I am GOING to treat myself better!!!

FROG - I don't know what you're going through, and it's not my business... but don't EVER feel like a buzzkill!!! How you feel is important to all of us! If you're not happy, and you pretend you are, then we can't support you like you need it!!!!! You are an amazing person... your before picture and after picture are my motivation most days because I looked a lot like your before picture when I started! And I'd LOVE to look like your recent pics right now! You're a great motivation, and there are many of us looking up to you, and we're here for you, no matter what. That's why we NEED friends, to enjoy the good times, and to lean on when it's hard. Lord knows I've done my leaning on you all Perk up Froggy one... this too shall pass

OK... I've typed so long the eyes are hurting, so I'm gonna go shower and see if I can't get some rest. DS1 went back to school today and DS2 (the 5 year old) went to work with DADDY!!! (HE drives the Keebler truck, remember?) so I'm going to get a SAMS membership with my mom, she has room on hers for me

Prayers for this pink-eye to go away are DESPERATELY needed!!! It's just as bad today as it has been the last 2 days, and I'm supposed to go back to WORK tomorrow

Hope the scales are kind to all of you today, and if they're not, maybe you should be joining me on my NEW wagon.. LOLOL!!

Bye ~
Old 03-13-2002, 09:08 AM   #64  
Mel

Default WIW

Congrats to the losers! The scale finally moved a half pound down for me to 136.5. 9 weeks to lose 1/2 pound! Whoo hoo I'm just melting away. But the caliper test shows fat loss, so I'm happy anyway.

I too just forgot about chat I could definitly have added to a discussion of sagging boobs, one of my specialties.

Off to get ready for work, will try to get on later,

mel

175/136.5/135 original goal but now 16% body fat goal

SB since 7/24/01 BFL since 1/7/02
Old 03-13-2002, 09:22 AM   #65  

Hey there everyone.

Well after 2 weeks of the scale just sitting there, when I weighed this morning, I was at 251. That's a loss of 17 pounds from when I started SB on Jan 1. I know I had lost some before that when I had my shoulder surgery in November but I have no idea how much. At any rate, I'm thrilled.

Congrats to all the other losers out there as well.

Frog: I hope you're feeling better soon. I'm fortunate having my mother live close by now, but for a lot of years she lived about 7 hours away. Your post pointed out to me that sometimes I take her for granted. For that I thank you.

Woohoo! Survivor and Amazing Race tonight. If they don't get rid of Sarah soon, I may just hurl.

This morning, some of the women at work were gushing over how good I looked and how much weight I had lost. I think I've made some SB converts.

Gotta run now. Have a great day everyone.
Old 03-13-2002, 09:42 AM   #66  

Unhappy Sushi and the weigh in blues....

Well, I made an unfortunate discovery yesterday. Nishiki makes a brown medium grain rice that works very well for sushi. I found this treasure at Harry's, and since I was making sushi for my massage therapist ( we trade...massage for food!) I decided to see if I could make SB legal sushi. With mixed emotions, I would like to report that yes, I can make SB legal sushi. Unfortunately, the amount of sushi one can have does not satisfy the sushi tooth that only gets indulged once in a blue moon. In other words, I ate too much of it! (those of you who like sushi might be surprised to find that one California roll contains 1 1/2 cups of rice....) It sure was good though....

So, having indulged in my brown rice sushi, I can not report the two pound loss I was looking at yesterday, cause it is gone! I sure hope it comes back by Friday, when I have to go to the doctor for a follow up on this glucophage I am taking.

I am one VERY discouraged Monet today. Anyone else have a stall that lasted a month? I have tried to increase my exercise, and lowering my fat intake. Even yesterday, my calorie intake was less than 1600, and it usually is around 1400. Nothing seems to work except taking phentermine, and I would rather not have to.
Old 03-13-2002, 09:44 AM   #67  

Good morning everyone.

Well, I'm up 3 pounds this week. But I am retaining water. I was taking this Alka Seltzer Flu medicine and then I read that it has 426mg of sodium. NO WONDER I'M RETAINING WATER

HAPPY BIRTHDAY POOCH AND PRAVADA!!

Congratulations to everyone who lost this week.

I'll be back later to post, I have some errands to run.

Sheann
287/275.5/150
Old 03-13-2002, 10:23 AM   #68  

Good Morning everyone! I lost 7 lbs. this week which is a good jump start for me. Still haven't started on my treadmill yet but maybe I can this week.
Bob- you started my day out with a big laugh, thanks

Sheann-I'll bet also just being sick would bloat you. Next week you should lose..

Monet-There has to be a stall breaker somewhere. Maybe lower the carbs. for a week. Maybe your body is readjusting itself.

Trishaloo-Wowie zowie way to go girl!!

Meliris-I'll have to pop into this chat if you're talking about sagging boobs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Beth-What a great post. It was really inspiring. Good luck with the pink eye. Rest lots.

Frog- I don't know you yet but going to the gym is sure great when you're down...Hang in there gal....

Laura- You're right. And he's going to have to live with this...

Zanne, the Quilter, Kimmy, fruitloupe, Congradulations!

Red1- Hang in there.

Congradulations all!! You are so inspiring!!!! Can't wait to get to know you all better.... Have a great SB day!!!!!

213/207/130
Old 03-13-2002, 10:25 AM   #69  

Unhappy WIW Blues

Sadly I have to report I am up 1/2 pound. I am hoping it is just water or the nasty scale being difficult. I can't complain too much, I am hoping it will be back to 165 tomorrow.

MONET- There you are, woman. I was looking all over for you. Sheesh, you had me worried there for awhile. I just posted an APB for you at the cafe. Glad to hear it was just a sushi scare and not something more serious.

DEBELLI-Sorry to pester you, but you are the big cheese around here and you also asked me to remind you after the Orlando thing. The carb/prot/fat counts on the 85% Lindt. No one is helping me out on this one and I really would like to find out. I must say Customer Service at Lindt is lacking!

BEANS-I posted an inquiry regarding beans that I have in my house and was wondering if they are considered a protein or a starchy carb...please answer this for me someone or I am apt to eat too many carbs!

LOSERS-So many of you are doing so well out there. Congrats on the loss, you certainly inspire me to keep going.
Old 03-13-2002, 10:26 AM   #70  

Thanks to all the Happy Birthdays. I am now looking forward to turning 30, a few days ago it was a different story! I was all down and feeling sorry for myself.

I have been trying, with no sucess, to get back op. I have not even weighed myself since the beginning of Feb! I am determined to get back OP, but the chocolate bug keeps calling, then I start on one little piece, then it leads into junka palusa!!!!!!!!

I did try on a new dress, and it was a few sizes smaller, and it fit! I was thrilled, so I bought it! I am now into a 22 instead of a 26! I can tell that I have lost weight in my face and upper chest! But I am still afraid to get on those scales.

Good to see that someone is losing, congrats to all that are.
Sounds like the Florida trip went well, and a lot of fun!

Today, I am sticking to water, and fruit and veggies and no junk or eating out! We will see!

I hope that every one has a great Wednesday!
Pravda
Old 03-13-2002, 10:51 AM   #71  
sef

I can't vouch for the following, just passing it along........Maybe we all could use a reminder of the importance of water!

This is really an eye opener.... Water or Coke? We all know that water is important but I've never seen it written down like this before.

WATER

1- 75% of Americans are chronically dehydrated. (Likely applies to half world population)
1.. In 37% of Americans, the thirst mechanism is so weak that it is often mistaken for hunger.
2.. Even MILD dehydration will slow down one's metabolism as much as 3%.
3.. One glass of water will shut down midnight hunger pangs for almost 100% of the dieters studied in a U-Washington study.
4.. Lack of water, the #1 trigger of daytime; fatigue.
5.. Preliminary research indicates that 8-10 glasses of water a day could significantly ease back and joint pain for up to 80% of
sufferers.
6.. A mere 2% drop in body water can trigger fuzzy short-term memory, trouble with basic math, and difficulty focusing on the computer screen or on a printed page.
7.. Drinking 5 glasses of water daily decreases the risk of colon cancer by 45%, plus it can slash the risk of breast cancer by 79%, and one is 50% less likely to develop bladder cancer. Are you drinking the amount of water you should each day?

COKE (Read on, it's not all bad)

1.. In many states (in the USA) the high way patrol carries two gallons of Coke in the truck to remove blood from the highway after a car accident.
2.. You can put a T-bone steak in a bowl of coke and it will be gone in two days.
3.. To clean a toilet: Pour a can of Coca-Cola into the toilet bowl and let the "real thing" sit for one hour, then flush clean. The citric acid in Coke removes stains from vitreous china.
4.. To remove rust spots from chrome car bumpers: Rub the bumper with a rumpled-up piece of Reynolds Wrap aluminum foil dipped in Coca-Cola.
5.. To clean corrosion from car battery terminals: Pour a can of Coca-Cola over the terminals to bubble away the corrosion.
6.. To loosen a rusted bolt: Applying a cloth soaked in Coca-Cola to the rusted bolt for several minutes.
7.. To bake a moist ham: Empty a can of Coca-Cola into the baking pan,wrap the ham in aluminum foil, and bake. Thirty minutes before the ham is finished, remove the foil, allowing the drippings to mix with the Coke for a sumptuous brown gravy.
8.. To remove grease from clothes: Empty a can of coke into a load of greasy clothes, add detergent, and run through a regular cycle. The Coca-Cola will help loosen grease stains. It will also clean road haze from your windshield.

For Your Further Information

1.. The active ingredient in Coke is phosphoric acid. Its pH is 2.8. It will dissolve a nail in about 4 days. Phosphoric acid also leaches calcium from bones and is a major contributor to the rising increase in osteoporosis.
2.. To carry Coca-Cola syrup (the concentrate) the commercial truck must use the Hazardous material place cards reserved for Highly corrosive materials. The distributors of coke have been using it to clean the engines of their trucks for about 20 years!

Now the question is, would you like a glass of water or coke?
Old 03-13-2002, 11:36 AM   #72  
Football Fanatic

Good morning everyone! Hope that all is going well for everyone. I'm refusing to use my scales today- they are soooooooo unreliable! I can't get to the gym until tomorrow, and I'll try to weigh in then. Maybe I should just get scales that work consistently.....

BOB - I'd love to watch a vols game with you! I adore watching them, hoping that every game will be the one they lose But it all depends on when the gathering is. The Tigers play at home the 8th and 19th of October, and Adron NEVER misses a game.

Frog - I haven't noticed you being anything short of chipper! I think you (and everyone else here) is pretty cool, and very warm!

Loupe - I'll route for LSU with ya!

Trishaloo - ugh! I know what you mean about Sarah!!! I love Survivor, and I think that having an attractive cast is fine (it IS tv afterall), but did they have to find one that was so shallow??? Gimme a break!

Monet - that sushi sure sounds good! How big is a California roll to have 1 1/2 c. rice in it? I am used to the little bitty things they have here, and very tame wasabi, too. Don't get discouraged - I have been through periods where I felt I wasn't making progress, but it turns out that I was building muscle which was making me gain back the weight I was losing in fat. It sounds like you are doing a great job of sticking with it!

Toni - 7 lbs this week??? WOW!!!! Congratulations! Wanna share some of that with me? Welcome to the board - I'm a newbie here, too....

Pravda - Happy birthday! I need to remember to call my mom - her's is Friday, too. Way to go on being down TWO dress sizes! I've lost across my shoulders, but that doesn't usually lead to much difference in actual clothing size for me. It just affects how the same size fits....

SEF - I gave up cokes for lent last year, and have never really gotten back to drinking them. So when I started SB, I didn't go through the agony of giving them up. My older daughter has kidney problems (she is 7), so she has trained herself to drink tea or water almost all the time. I am so proud of her for being responsible with her health already, so now I need to work on my little one. Amazing having a child who will drink water before coke almost any day of the week!
Old 03-13-2002, 11:59 AM   #73  
Clay Girl

Default BKM

Chris - the book Sarah and I talked about is "Diamond in the WIndow" by Jane Langton.

Hi to everyone else! See you later.

Vesna
Old 03-13-2002, 12:11 PM   #74  
super mom

Hi everyone

WIW for me is down one pound which is amazing considering how bad I've been lately. I sure wish the weather would change and improve my outlook. Its cold, raining and grey outside. Yuk.

Thanks for the birthday wishes - I'm wondering if DH will remember from the the other side of the world (if he doesn't I'm sure the guilt he will feel will help cushion the blow of what my spending spree will do)

I have one son home sick - I feel bad because i thought he was faking it but he has been asleep for 4 hours already.

Time for me to kick my butt in gear and go hop on my Gazelle. Congrats to all the loser!!!

TTFN
Denise
Old 03-13-2002, 12:13 PM   #75  

Sorry I've been gone so long, but I'm back to report good news. I'm down 1/2 a pound today. It's not much, but i will take it.

Things are going well, but hectic. They will probably be this way until at least June.

Hope that everyone is well. Congrats to the losers, to the rest don't let it get ya down. tomorrow is another day.

Jen
Closed Thread