Sugar Shakers for followers of Sugar Busters and other GI based diets

View Poll Results: What beverage do you find yourself consuming most through a normal day?
Water 29 72.50%
Soda 5 12.50%
Juice 0 0%
Milk 1 2.50%
Coffee 1 2.50%
Tea 2 5.00%
Soy Beverage 0 0%
Crystal Light (or similar) 2 5.00%
Other 0 0%
Voters: 40. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 03-16-2002, 09:18 AM   #136  

Oh the coffee is on and the sun is out.. Just let the dogs out and put a log on the fire. Guess I'll walk on the treadmill shortley and get that done.

Kimmy I haven't seen a size 6 since Heck was a pup and he's an old dog now....

Deb.-The article was soooo good! Thank you.

Quilter-I know what you mean about the dogs! Luckily we got our storm earlier, a boy did we get a storm!! Yummy I love chinese food. Maybe its stir fry at home.....

Graceous-Your poor hubby. I hope he passes that soon... It seems like with modern medicine they would have someway quicker...

Sheann- I'm so sorry about your Mother. She is sure having a rough time.... I do that scope test next month. Congradulations on your weight....

Beth, Fruitloupe and Monet- Gosh you're doing good with your weight. It makes me so excited to see those numbers!!!!! I feel like it really can be done.

Hi Fillese- Yep you are right about the beans on a later note!!!!

Hi Bob GatorGal and J. Red!

Guess its time to go out in the livingroom and say morning to the hubby.... Hope you all have a wonderful Saturday.

213/207/130
Old 03-16-2002, 10:09 AM   #137  

Angry

Good Morning! Just checking the board for a minute before I go and make breakfast. I got Canadian Bacon at Sam's yesterday, and I am going to have bacon and eggs!

QUILTER: See if your favorite Chinese restaurant has Egg Foo Yung. If you ask for the gravy on the side, it should be SB legal. It has only eggs, bean sprouts, celery and onion in it and whatever meat type you order. I like the shrimp. If they don't have it, and it depends on the area of China the cuisine comes from if they do, then order a chicken and broccoli stir fry, and ask them to hold the rice. A lot of Chinese restaurants will offer low cal, steamed dishes, and this would be good too. Many use cornstarch as a thickener in their sauces, but some use the traditional arrowroot powder. I don't know if arrowroot is legal or not. I love Chinese, and do a lot of Asian cooking at home. If I couldn't have it at all, I would be really unhappy! Thankfully, it can be had....you just have to be careful! I even made brown rice sushi!

GRACIOUS: I am praying for you and your hubby. I hope you find someone to help you take the kids to see Larryboy. (I LOVE VeggieTales! Wish I could come help!) It will help them get their minds off their little child worries about Daddy. It is so hard for young ones to understand that going to the hospital does not mean some one is dying. Will they be able to visit with him some before he comes home on Monday?

SHEANN: I hope your mom is doing better. I know Pancreatitis is pretty painful, and then to have all that other too.... I noticed you and are pretty similar...our starting weights, and present weights are within a pound or two. I had quite a shock yesterday on the doctors scale...even though it was down four from my previous visit, I realized his scale is 19 heavier than mine at home! And I thought a Healthameter was a good brand!

Hope everyone has a good weekend!
Old 03-16-2002, 10:26 AM   #138  

Default Winter has returned!!

Well I thought it was spring but today it is winter again. the poor trees are budding everywhere and the cold has returned. Mothernature is such a tease.
It is going to be a busy day. I am leaving at 4:30am yup am to fly to San Francisico and I have to get packed. I am co chair for our local Combined Federal Campaign, which is a way of donating money for federal employees. Anyway we have a conference there and the plane leaves at 5:10. Yuk. To early for me. San Fran should be fun though. I haven't been there for a couple of years.

Kimmy- Size 4. WOW I'd love to just get to a size 10. I know what you mean about the different size jeans. It would be great if they were all the same. My 12's are comfortable now. My goal weight is to get to 130. When I get there maybe it wiil be size 4 for me. Keep up the good work.

Toni48 - Sounds like your day is beginning great. Enjoy the rest of it!!!

The Quilter - I'll take some of your rain and pass over some of my sunshine. We are in drought conditions. I can't remember when we had rain last. Not much rain here in the desert to begin with but it is real noticable when we have none. Stay tucked inside today and stay dry.

gracious - My prayers are with you and your hubby. It sounds like you should go to the event at church. Perhaps it will help the kids keep their minds off the fact that daddy is in the hospital. God will give you the strength when you need it. Hang in there.

Sheann - Sorry to hear about your mom. I pray she'll be feeling great soon. Great on your loss. Keep it up.

Beth2374 - I have been reading about your mini goals. You have done a great job at reaching each of them. I have thought about setting smaller goals to reach rather than looking at a goal of loosing 30lbs. Perhaps it would make loosing more atainable. You are inspiring me. Keep up the good work.

GatorGal - Your trip to Cuba sounds like a great adventure. Our church has a group returning from guatamala. They were ministring to an orphange that we help support. We also had a group go to Haiti. Someday I would like to join them. Perhaps when I retire from work.
Your B&B experience in the fall sounds great. My Hubby and I have thought about doing the same but riding bikes from B&B to B&B. There is a group that organizes the trip. Do you plan your own route or is it organized through a group. I'd love to have the perticulars.

Fillise - God will honor you that you have to stay behind. Maybe the next time. There is a lady in our church that has wanted to go on a mission trip for so long. The recent trip to guatamala she was able to go. In His time you will get there. Keep up the good work at the gym. At least you are getting there. I still can't get my duff there. I ahve good intensions but I seem to always come up with an excuse. Keep up the good work.

BOB - I know what ya mean about the wrong button. I have thought about doing what gatorgal does but didn't know if it would work. I am going to have to try it.

Everyone have a great weekend. I leave early in the morning and won't be back until Thursday. By that time there will be 10 pages on next weeks posts. I just get into the groove and then I'm set back.
See ya!!

Cyndi
Old 03-16-2002, 10:38 AM   #139  

Default Is it Saturday?

That's the thing about vacations - I forget what day it is! The clouds are still hangig around and we're in the 40s today. And we may get rain before the weekend's over. We didn't get any of that Ohio weather ladies, sorry we sent it your way. We'll get our share in the next couple of months.

Gracious: I hope your DH feels better real soon. I'll keep you and your family in my prayers. Find a friend and go to that movie! Even my 17 DD loves Larry Boy! It'll do your kiddos and you a world of good to go have a big laugh.

Sheann: I'm sorry your mom is so sick. I'll remember her, too. Hope the doctors are able to find out what's causing her so much pain.

Fillese: I'm not a cat person, but I do have 2 chihuahuas who sit with me when I'm on my laptop. I have Belle (a great name, huh?) and Rocky. She's the mom, weighs a good 6 or 7 pounds now and he's the runt of the litter, weighs 2 or 3. He was incredibly tiny at birth: only as long as my middle finger. Chihuahuas are born with separated skulls because of the size of their heads and he had major space in multiple locations so I wouldn't sell him. Didn't want something to happen to him. About beans: Do you use dried or canned? In my dieting history, how the beans were counted, whether protein or starch, was determined by the type used (dried or canned).

Monet: Congrats on the 4 pounds gone. Hopefully the doctor can get your body working as it should and can get the scales moving more quickly. I love Chinese food and have missed it, but have tried to be really good. I'll have to remember your tips next time we want to order some take out.

Deb: Hope you have success at garage sales today. I found an interesting article about portion sizes and how things have been supersized to make us overeat. I'll post it later today.

Have a great day ladies and gentleman!
Jeanie
Old 03-16-2002, 01:02 PM   #140  
Goddess

Thumbs down Good Saturday Morning

Morning everyone!

Holding steady at 239 this morning. I never did eat anything else last night so I came in at around 1400 calories, 27% fat, 23% protein and 50% carbs. Carbs are high and protein is low--fat was good though! Still looking for high-protein and low fat food sources, I'm thinking some sort of bean dish for tonight!

J red--I agree, Belle is a wonderful name! I use either canned or dried beans--canned if I'm in a hurry and don't have time to soak them. Beans do have carbs, but they are generally very low on the glycemic index so you don't need to count them like you would a "starchy carb." In other words they are the good type of carbohydrate that your body needs.

Red 1--have fun in San Francisco! I keep thinking it will be very hot in Mexico in July. I'm waiting on the mission trip to the Italian Riveria .

Toni48--yup. They say your body eventually gets used to processing them and the "killer" part subsides. I'm still waiting!

Quilter--63 lbs--goodness! I did have to learn to look before I sit down--I'd squish the kitty for sure--I've almost done it a couple of times!

Gracious--Ouch! I hope DH is able to do what he needs to do and get home soon. I'm thinking about y'all!

Sheanne--I hope your mom recovers quickly. It all sounds painful and miserable--my thoughts with y'all too!

Got to go--basketball coming on!

Susan
300/239/150
Old 03-16-2002, 01:10 PM   #141  

Well I'll tell ya all what a small town I live in=population 520. I just went to the market. The only one in town. I need cayanne pepper for my killer bean soup (day 2 of it.) and they had 5 different brands of alum (used in making pickles) and no cayanne pepper. Can you believe that!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Luckily we have a little general store that had it. Sometimes I miss the good ole city!!!!!

213/207/130
Old 03-16-2002, 02:02 PM   #142  

Hi Guys-
Been lurking, hadn't had much time to post. Been sick all week and off program. Hopefully next week will be better.

Missed Friday Funnies, so here's a Saturday funny!

Three men are sitting naked in the sauna. Suddenly there is a beeping sound. The first man presses his forearm and the beeping stops. The others look at him questioningly. "That's my pager," he says. "I have a microchip under the skin of my arm.
A few minutes later a phone rings. The second man lifts his palm to his ear. When he finishes he explains, "That's my mobile phone. I have a microchip in my hand."
The third man, feeling decidedly low-tech, steps out of the sauna. In a few minutes he returns with a piece of toilet paper extending from his rear. The others raise their eyebrows.
"I'm getting a Fax," he explains.

See you guys later! Have a great weekend.
Old 03-16-2002, 03:44 PM   #143  
BIG ORANGE FOOTBALL RULES

Default AFTERNOON EVERY BUDDY!!!

BOB is not feeling real well today.
Didn't sleep sound all night...tossing and turning...flipping and flopping
Half-assed headache all day...finally took darvocet...it's starting to ease up a little..laundry laundry and more laundry...

Trying to attempt a house cleaning...not much success at that with this boomer going on in my head.

Cleaned out the freezer of everything that needs to be cooked, so
I've got to fire the grill up after while. There will be enough meat to last all week..

I've got the "ho-hums, and the dol drums" today, so now that I've droned on and on...I'll go...

I'll check in later when I'm in both a better mood and feel better.

BOB
Old 03-16-2002, 04:21 PM   #144  

Talking

Hope everyone is having great weekend!

I don't know if this is the right place to mention it, but Costco now carries a 700 pack box of Splenda (the only sweetener I use, and not much) for only $13.99. Maybe eventually they'll carry the bulk packs too, though I have heard rumors of a liquid Splenda with absolutely no carb that cannot be found in this country at all.

Anyway that's today's shopping tip

Laura
Old 03-16-2002, 07:03 PM   #145  

Default Saturday Evening

Well, it has been a long day indeed.

I ended up taking the kids into Fredericton to see Larryboy and the VeggieTales gang afterall. It was fun and the kids saw a lot of their classmates there cause they go to the Christian school in town.

For the VeggieTales fans out there, this was the new release LarryBoy and the Angry Eyebrows. I was rather disappointed with the production because instead of having the usual computer animation -in my opinion, one of the things that makes VT unique- it was regular animation. Something was missing because of that. I also think God was not mentioned as much as usual in this piece-it was about *letting go of your anger*. Put it this way, we have a collection of VT videos and this one will not be added to it. I think they might be trying to appeal to a larger audience in the secular world but they might lose some of the support from the Christians if they water it down too much.

However, the kids liked it and yes, it was a good thing for them to get out and take their minds off their Daddy. They had a time of fellowship and a load of VT products there to buy and look at.

Thank you to everyone for the thoughts and prayers for my husband. I was able to visit him this afternoon and he is doing okay. His pain is under control for now but he is still nauseated. That is from the blockage they say. He is getting lots of reading done and some studying too. For those who might not know, my hubby is a Pastor. He hates to be missing Sunday but knows it is necessary. The church folks have been making their rounds to make sure we are looked after and that has been a blessing.

I am looking forward to a good sleep tonight because last night was not that great. I did eat some things I shouldn't have today and I am going to have to blame the turmoil going on...I know that is no excuse but it is the one I am using!

Good night to all.
Old 03-16-2002, 07:26 PM   #146  

Hi,

I haven’t been able to read the posts since I returned from my short trip. Needless to say, I am way behind . I just wanted to say hello to all and will type when I catch up on my reading.
Old 03-16-2002, 10:29 PM   #147  
Bustin' Buddy

Hey ladies -

Just posting to confess my horrible eating today. I don't know what came over me - I was doing so good! Don't worry - I'll be back on track tomorrow but I'm sure I gained 4 pounds just today! Here it goes - check out this horrible stuff - DON'T FUSS CAUSE I ALREADY FEEL BAD ENOUGH!

Breakfast: none
Lunch: McDonalds Quarter Pounder w/cheese value meal (ate every bite - even licked my fingers!)
snacks: twix and baby ruth - king size! UGH!
2 white russian daqueris - one large and one medium!
Supper: taco bell - double decker taco and half of a 7 layer burrito.

I am going to sugar buster ****! I know! I don't know why I did it - but I did - it's over with and now I'm starting back fresh tomorrow!

I just wanted to fess up! I feel so bad! Ok - see y'all tomorrow!

Missy
284/god knows now!/170
Old 03-16-2002, 10:34 PM   #148  

Wow Fruitloupe you're human!!!! So get back on the horse!! Tomorrow is another day.......
Old 03-16-2002, 10:44 PM   #149  
Goddess

Red face Saturday night

Fruit--uh-oh it sounds like you need a trip to the detox dungeon! We've all had days like that (ok, maybe I shouldn't speak for everyone, but I've certainly had days like that). If you wil go right back to your sane WOE then the damage should be minimal. Tomorrow is a new day and all you have to do is follow your WOE for one day. If you make sound nutrition your goal for each day, then you can pile up a string of successes before you know it!

gracious--I'm glad to hear your DH is feeling better. I didn't know he was a pastor--I'm the DCE (Director of Christian Education) at my church, so I know how hard it is to miss Sundays! I almost chose the veggie tales VBS this year, but was a little bothered by the fact that they were plugging their feature length film in the daily activities--so I went with something else. I hope he is all better soon and home with you and the kids!

Yellow--welcome back!

BOB--I hope your headache is better--I just hate those icky head hurts days. Does your laundry breed too? I remember being out shopping once and finding a whole bunch of clothes that looked good on me. I was just about to take it all to the cash register when it dawned on me--the clothes were new in the store, but soon they would turn into laundry--and I didn't need any more laundry! So now when I want to buy something I imagine it in a pile of dirty clothes and most times I put it back!

OK--basketball is over for the night and I'm supposed to be compiling stuff so my CPA can do my taxes this week.

I'll try to pop in tomorrow--but for sure on Monday!

Susan
300/239/150
Old 03-16-2002, 10:46 PM   #150  

What a long day! I feel pretty crummy. I have a umbilical hernia, and it is really bothering me today. Worse than ever before. I had hoped it would improve as I lost weight, and I might forgo the surgery, but after today, I am not sure. I wonder if they could do liposuction at the same time?

FRUIT: Boy, when you go off program, you do a good job of it! MacDonalds, and candy and Taco Bell.... just hop back on the wagon tomorrow, and you may not see any gain at all. In fact, sometimes a splurge like that is helpful in keeping your body from going into starvation mode. Don't worry about it. We ALL have those days, and the really important thing is to get right back on SB and not let it bother you beyond that day.

GRACIOUS: I am glad to hear you went ahead to see LarryBoy. I am sorry it was not up to snuff. I agree that they should not water down the message to appeal to a wider audience. It is so attractive the way they have done it in the past, that many people don't realize it is Christian based, and therefore kids who really need the moral teaching are getting it kind of on the sly. I wrote a children's drama teaching program for my church for nine years, and I do freelance curriculum writing for another church still, and I think sometimes, the ideas do not flow as easily as at first. Maybe it is just one bad blip, and after this, they will be back up to their usual level of greatness. Glad to hear your hubby is doing ok, though I would love to hear he had passed that stone and was all better! Good he is getting some rest, and time to study and read. Sometimes God has to slap us with these kinds of things to get us to rest!

BOB: I sure hope you feel better soon..and that your headache takes a hike. A LONG hike!
Closed Thread