Sugar Shakers for followers of Sugar Busters and other GI based diets

View Poll Results: What is your favorite source of protein??
Dairy (milk, cheese, yogurt, etc) 10 25.64%
Fowl (chicken, turkey, etc) 15 38.46%
Meat (beef, lamb, pork) 9 23.08%
Fish 2 5.13%
Eggs 3 7.69%
Beans 0 0%
Nuts 0 0%
Vegetable Protein (soy products) 0 0%
Other 0 0%
Voters: 39. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 03-07-2002, 03:03 PM   #121  
Undercover Diva

S/C/G: 242/ticker/175

Height: 5'6"

Default HIyas :wave:

Good Thursday to you all

Well, yesterday I blew it with my eating... I didn't cheat, I was totally OP, but good GAWSH at the legal carbs I ate... 240g!!! Granted 50 of them were FIBER, but LAWDY!! TOM is coming and I was eating EVERYTHING in the house! I did ok calorie wise, and stayed UNDER for my FATS. But sheesh... I was afraid I'd have to duct tape my mouth shut there for a while. I *did* make myself walk 1.5 miles last night to try and counteract some of that!! LOL!!!

Today at work, my boss said "I was down a pound this morning, so I celebrated by eating a Cadbury Egg." So much for my support person here..LOL!!!!!

The FIBER hit me last night... and this morning!! I had almost 100g in 2 days, and let me tell you... if I haven't lost a pound in the last 24 hours, I'll eat my socks. I'm only having a LITTLE fiber today!!

Has anyone tried that 'weightless' tea? It has raspberry and some other stuff in it... I like it, tastes really good. It's supposed to help 'clean you out' also, so I'm sure drinking a cup of that along with all that fiber... well, you can imagine!

I'm doing really well today. Had 1/2c. cereal for breakfast, a BIG salad with tuna and cheese on it for lunch... and I *think* I'm making shrimp tonight.

Well, myself and the children are doing better, but DH woke up with PINKEYE~!~! First time he's ever had it, and he's MISERABLE. I sent him to work with the drops and we'll see how he's feeling tonight. Our youngest has his first ACTUAL T-Ball practice where they are really gonna DO stuff tonight. I'm so excited, TBall was my favorite of all the years my 10 year old has played. They're so adorable with thier 'too-big' helmets, running with the bat still in their had, the WRONG way around the bases, and they laugh and LOVE every minute of it! It's gonna be a FUN spring/summer!!! The oldest is on his second year of Kid pitch... and he's a great outfielder, but we're hoping he'll get a few more HITS this year..LOL!!

Well I hope everyone is having a great Thursday... OH yeah, my mom and I were talking (I called her the minute I had tried on all those pants, 27 years old and I still love to hear mom tell me how proud she is... even tho she admitted a little ENVY!) and she said she's feeling close to being ready to join me on SB. She did it once before and got to a size 10, she's a 20 now... and she's so unhappy that way... but I told her... Of all the things I've tried, and all the times I said "I'll start Monday..." What had to happen was I woke up one morning, Looked in the mirror, and told that fat body that it was no longer welcome on my skinny soul. I was tired of it mooching my energy and self confidence off of me!! It wasn't a matter of motivation.. it was a matter of being MAD enough at wearing this body that I was GONNA do it, like it or not! She said she's starting to feel that anger in her, when she looks at her body too... and I'm sure it won't be long till I'll have another diet support buddy... and one I'll LOVE helping

Sorry I blabbed all dang afternoon... you gals are just so easy to type to..LOL! Have a wonderful afternoon
Old 03-07-2002, 05:40 PM   #122  
SUPER CHICK aka Moderator

Hey All!

Have a few minutes to post before I continue doing what needs to get done before I leave tomorrow.

Weather sucks here today-rainy most of the day, hoping that it won't be the same way tomorrow. Still haven't made a final decision on what route I will take up to Orlando, will look the map over again this evening.

Made a double batch of the cheescake in a springform pan-hoping it tastes okay-had to bake it longer and not even sure if it's going to set in the middle. I guess I'll know in about 3 hours if it's going along with me tomorrow-keep your fingers crossed! It did crack on the top, definitely not as pretty as when I make it in the small pan.

Found an interesting site,FOODCOUNT.COM Many of you ask what a good source of fiber, or protein, or calcium is, among others. This site, on this page, if you bring down the window that says next to it CONTENT OF and there you will see a slew of options. Say you want to see what vegetables have the highest fiber content, you just leave it on VEGETABLES, then HIGHEST and then find FIBER next to content and it gives you a slew of options!!! CHECK IT OUT!! Just click on the link below:

http://www.foodcount.com/Index.cfm?Method=Diet.Planner

MONET, I know how you feel about dishing out advice but never heeding your own words. I wish I could listen to myself sometimes. Thank goodness you caught that mistake before it was too late, that wouldn't of looked good at all on the invitations. As for our SB MEETINGS, we met last Jan 5th and before that I've met a few times with others, including staying with NANCEMEISTER (who's been MIA/AOL) back in August in Calif. It's a blast to meet others!! I hope you do have the chance to meet other people in the future, even if it is just one person.

KIMMY, thanks for the congrats-appreciate it. Yes, 118 was my all time low, a real shocker I'm hoping to wallow in these numbers down below 120 for a bit, but I know that's not going to happen-just call me yo-yo girl!

SHEANN, CONGRATS! Boy, you are just dropping those pounds. Your patience is paying off. Hope you don't get sick, whatever is going around sure is nasty.

SOL, see you tomorrow night!!!

GRACIOUS, glad to hear you are back on track. I asked you those questions so you would be aware of what you were thinking and feeling. Many times people don't think about their actions and I think that's why they tend to have a relapse sometimes. I think if you THINK about what happened and realize what went on, it helps for the future. This was an experience and whether an experience is good or bad, it's what we learn from them that really matters. Don't be hard on yourself about it, doesn't change the past and does yourself no good-just learn from it and continue on the right path Now I will get off my soapbox!!! LOL!!! Good going on the clothes shopping with Mom. When I was 16 my Mother promised me $1,000 if I lost weight to buy clothes-stupid me should of had her put that in a CD until I was ready-I'd be pretty darned well off 24 years later!!!!

LDBLOND, look forward to seeing that muffin recipe. I guess I should send a APB out for NANCE-I haven't even seen her on the computer lately. Time for an e-mail, I guess!

SEF, WHAT are we going to do with you???? Geez Louise, it's enough I worry that you do too much when you are feeling good, now I have to worry about you and how you are feeling now. Did you read my post about the torch being passed today??? Thank goodness you didn't break a hip, or for that fact, any other bone in your body. I hope if you aren't feeling better by tomorrow you will consider going to the Dr. to make sure all is okay. I send you lots of {{{HUGS}}} and hope you feel better QUICKLY!!!!

BETH, you did NOT blow anything. If you've read my posts you will hear me say things like there are certain times of the month that I get ravenous and NOTHING I eat will satisfy me. I've easily eaten 3000 calories in one day and more carbs than you did. It's hormones my dear, wrecking havoc on our poor systems. Just remember, eat, as long as it's all SB LEGAL until you feel satisfied. Usually the next day you are back to normal. You can try adding more protein or some Brazil nuts and/or almonds to the day. Make sure you drink enough water. Hee, hee, that fiber kicked in finally, eh?? That would be great if your Mom joins you. My Mom tried a few times to start SB and fell off and under the wagon quickly. I'm sure yours will have better luck, at least I hope so

Well gals, that's it for me, for now. Will try to get on this evening if I can-after SURVIVOR, of course. Still have stuff to do, but not too much.

Have a great evening.

Debbie
194/119.5/129
SB since 3/22/00
Reached goal 6/10/01
Old 03-07-2002, 05:42 PM   #123  
viv

Default Ya, I know, okay????

Ladies - I vowed to get onto the thread today, and look, it's 5:40 pm - I have to shove some food down the kids' throats and then take off for a meeting...

I am in serious dieting trouble. I had told DEB that my estrogen count was significantly screwed up - taking steps to rectify, but in the meantime, I'm 10 lbs up over where I was last May...(there I said it!! )

I have been job searching, doing 4 projects for $$, trying to get stuff done in the house, managing hockey (and soon, lacrosse) and so much more....and I simply have not been successful getting back OP. Start the day with great intentions, then get so busy I grab whatever's convenient.

I really need to be back on this site daily, but when I'm sitting at the computer I'm trying to work - just got a project booking 50 dinner meetings across the country - and they start in April. Plus 3 other projects. The house has no junk in it but somehow I manage to create some or in someway be exposed to it.

Needed to vent, now need to cook. I cannot even admit what's going to be on the table. So I won't.

Hi to all the oldies, welcome to all the newbies I noticed. DEB!! AARRGGGHHHHH!!!!!!!

viv

146/132/I just can't type it/128
Old 03-07-2002, 06:37 PM   #124  
Child of God

Sef...
Thank goodness you did not hurt your self even worse. I know it doesn't help much, but it could have been worse. I hope you recover quickly!

Debbie....
No, No, No,....I am the yo-yo girl! I yo-yo about in a 20 pound range But I am a total emotional eater. I know my eating problem is 100% in my head. Even when I am "thin", like size 6-8, I still hate how I look. I grew up with a great mom, but she would always talk about how "fat" she was...she is 5'4" and weighed about 110 pounds...at her heaviest!!!! So I need to love how I am more than anything....and fit back into my clothes, which I am pretty close!!! Most of my clothes fit now...some a little too snug, some just right. I even fit into a pair of 6 slacks...but in the same maker, I wear a size 12 jeans. Size really does not matter.

Well....must fix dinner and get ready for
SURVIVOR and CSI!!!

TTYL!!

Kimmy
Old 03-07-2002, 07:05 PM   #125  
BIG ORANGE FOOTBALL RULES

DEBBIE....YOO HOO DEBBIE?????

Take some sourcream, add some vanilla and lemon extract...beat together and spread on the cheese cake...YUMMY

Back in a flash....

BOB
Old 03-07-2002, 07:48 PM   #126  

Default HAPPY FRIDAY EVE!!!!!!!

Friends, we had an absolutely beautiful day today. KimmyTK was right that this morning was overcast and gross looking. But it snapped out of it and was gorgeous. It was a no coats day here, which we LOVE. I had a jean jacket on in the car at nooon and was too warm. Wow, didn’t we just freeze our buns off with below zero windchills on Monday or was I hallucinating again????? Back me up on the one, KimmyTK.

Doing so SUPER WELL with my eating. I can hardly believe it. Just have to keep motivated and stay away from that “down in the dumps” area that makes me want to graze on everything in sight. I don’t know if I’ve lost anything in the past three days, but my diamond is feeling looser on my finger. There was a while when it was starting to feel so snug. Remember, SOL??? That’s one of the slaps in the face I needed to get kicking. I love my diamond and would hate the thought of not being able to wear it, because I can’t control myself. Let’s hear it for wrings that spin freely around your fingers!!!!!!!!

ROSE---Good luck with the knitting. I learned that years ago, but my tension was always off wack. Some parts loose and some parts extra tight. Not a pretty piece of work. I enjoy the quilting part better than the piecing part. The NOT FUN part is putting the layers together to get ready to quilt. I would gladly pay somebody to do that. The YWCA downtown has a gorgeous quilt show. I went today at lunch and was salivating all over myself. I am a beginner, and the people who made these are the true artists. Glad we have a love of crafts in common. FILLISE is another crafter.

SHEANN---I hope that cold does a U-turn and leaves you the heck alone. Hey, you know what helped me last week? Vicks VaporRub. Can you use that with your asthma? It really opened me up. I rubbed it on the front of my neck and then wrapped one of dh’s big handkerchiefs around to keep the heat it. I was warm and cozy all night.

SEF---Sorry to hear about your spill. What you DON’T need is another reason for your hands and body to hurt!!! That’s for sure. Are you going to go see the dr and have him check you out. Or are you sure everything isn’t too badly damaged. Get the name and number of the wise guy who gave you the big trip. Be careful and try to keep smiling.

BETH---Sounds like you set up residency in the bathroom! Wow, that fiber can be a dangerous thing at times. I’ve never heard of the tea you were talking about. Where did you get it? What’s the brand? I love regular raspberry ice tea.

DEB---I for one, don’t give a rat’s you-know-what if a cheesecake looks bad. It’s the taste that matters. I sure hope you choose to take your biggy-size version. There will be disappointed taste buds if you leave it at home. Hey, thanks for the link to the food counter sight. Paul and Iwere just talking at dinner about getting more protein into our diets without adding the fat. Can you imagine us having a conversation about that??? I was pretty blown away. He’s doing pretty well. Had a rocky start on Tuesday (caved for some cookies and a Coke), but I asked him how committed he was to this. Told him I’d enter all his FitDay information, but NOT if he was going to eat every cookie that passed by. I think he’s pretty serious now. Has been under the calorie cap both on Wednesday and today. Thanks for your help. Oh, and I’m doing well too. Must keep the spirit high and the attitude up there with it too. BTW, you are really into the skinny zone now. Anything below 120 is sacred ground to me!!! LOL!!!!!

VIV---I’ve got an email coming your way. I was so glad to see you on the board. You’ll get back on track. Just give yourself a little forgiveness and start back up. I know, I should talk. I’m Miss MAJORGAIN. But I really want to see us both be successful. Catch you on IM. {{{{HUGS}}}}}

Well, Survivor is on in about 20 minutes and we still have to clean out the garage and basement for the workers tomorrow. (Butt crack central, BOB! Looks like Paul is staying home to oversee the work, so I won’t be able to snap any pictures.) Better skeedaddle and move some junk. There’s not a lot of stuff down there, just need to make a clear path for them. I’ll bet it’s going to be filthy when they are done. They have to drill through the concrete walls. Yuck!!! Dust, dust and more dust!!!! Wish me luck.

Kim
Old 03-07-2002, 08:08 PM   #127  
Undercover Diva

S/C/G: 242/ticker/175

Height: 5'6"

Default I been a GOOD Girl!!!

I made a LEGAL dinner, and fed it to DH.... HE COULDN"T TELL!!!

I made pasta for the first time since starting SB!!!

It was WW pasta, Classico Tomato and Basil sauce, and some Marinated Shrimp with a touch of parmesan cheese!!! It was GREAT!!! It came out as follows:
1c pasta (yes the serving size on pkg is a whole CUP!!)
210 cal, 2g fat, 40g carb (5 fiber, 2sugar), 9g protein
1/2c sauce - 60 cal, 1g fat, 10g carb(2 fiber, 6sugar-natural kind)
2g protein
4oz shrimp - 100 cal, 4.5 fat, 2g carb(2sugar from marinade)
13g protein!!!

So that's a total for dinner of 370 calories, 7.5g fat, 52g carbs with 7 being fiber, and 24g of protein.... is that good?

I was so proud of myself... I didn't even eat the whole serving! I gave some of mine to my youngest son because he ate all his! I was so nervous that once I ate pasta again... I'd go overboard, but I didn't even want it all!! I feel comfortably full and I'm going for my walk in about 20 minutes.

The pasta was excellent by the way... it's a brand called DeBoles Organic Whole Wheat - ALL Natural, no preservatives or chemicals. Ingredients : 100% organically grown durum whole wheat flour and jerusalem artichoke. The flavor was excellent, and the texture when cooked 'al dente' was wonderful as well.

I think I have a winner!!

Hope you're all doing as well this evening
Old 03-07-2002, 08:41 PM   #128  

SEF: I am sorry to hear about your fall. That happened to me a few months back. I was not looking and tripped over one of those cement curb things in a parking lot. I felt pretty foolish, since it was right by a huge movie theater, where a movie had just let out and there were hundreds of people observing. I had to go to the doctor for thyroid tests, and asked him about it. I, like you, had aches all over, and my shoulders were so sore I could barely move. He told me it is like whiplash- from the jarring when you hit. Ibuprofen helps. So would a good massage, if you have a massage therapist you can go to.

Well, I am going to go and relax and read. I was pretty naughty tonight....hubby and I were alone for dinner, so we had fried oysters. I found them frozen ready to fry at Sam's. We love oysters, so I got some as a treat. I hope it does not set me back too much, but I think it was worth it!

Have a good evening all!
Old 03-07-2002, 09:09 PM   #129  

Default Hello Everyone!

I feel like I've been disconnected from all my e-friends lately, as life has just been sooooo busy. But that's the way things are sometimes. It's been one thing & another, haven't been able to post, much less able to read any of them. I'm so far behind that I wonder if you'll all forget about me!

I am managing to stay OP though. Holding at 135 the last couple of days, but between 135-137 most of the time which is not too bad. I'd rather be under & holding between 130-135, but in good time I guess. Well, anyway... I'm hanging on. Just really miss being part of the board. Gee, but it's busy!! WOW 9 pages & it's only Thursday!

I spent Tuesday with my youngest daughter, Jodi who is now 27! Gee, that makes me feel old! LOL She had a doctor's appt that I had to bring her for. Good news, though, because 2 of the things we were most worried about seem to be good. I'm so thankful to God for those good test results. Her pap smears have been positive for over a year now & they have been redoing them every 3 months. The one in Nov was negative & if this one is too, then they'll put her off for a year. We are really praying for another negative!

After her appt, we went to lunch & did some shopping. Found some really good buys at Stage. Jodi found this $80 dress on a 70% off sale rack, a size 8 which is almost too big, but they didn't have a 6, so I took it, then got another 20% off at the register cause I joined the over 50's club! Got that dress for under $20.00!!!! Forrest green, one of my favorite colors. Bought a few other things also...all on sale plus the 20% off each item. DH thought I did well. Whey!

Well, just wanted to pop in & say hello. I know that your big get-together is this week end, so all of you travelers, be careful on the road & enjoy!. Wish I could be there too.

Also noticed a lot of new names on the board. WELCOME ALL! Hope to get to know you'll soon as I can make my way back here on a regular basis.

174/135/135
Old 03-08-2002, 12:51 AM   #130  

When will I learn. I just hit the side bar and everything went bye bye.

Sooooo here we go again.

I just got back from Search and Rescue training. My DH and I belong to the local group. Alot of training and thing to learn. But it something that we can both do together and we enjoy it.

Idblond - Were is La Quinta? I live in the Mojave Desert about 180 miles from Los Angeles. Anywhere close to that? Also I had some green tea today. Pretty tasty!! I had a rude awaking this morning though. The rasberries that I have been using for my smoothie have SUGAR I guess it is back to the strawberries for awhile.

Melf - Don't ya just love those great deals. It makes shopping even more fun.

SEF - Sorry to hear about the fall. Hope you are doing fine. Take care.

viv - Sounds like you have alot on your plate. I hope that you find a job soon and everything can slow down. 50 dinner meetings? Are you a meeting planner? I enjoy doing that type of work. I am working on an event at the military base that I work at as we speak. Looks like there will be in access to 1000 attendees. Alot of work but It feels good when it is all over and everyone had fun.

To all who are going to Orlando - Have a GREAT time. I wish I could come along. Maybe sometime in the future. Who knows. Maybe you will want to come see the beautiful desert. The spring and fall are great. The sierra's are beautiful.

Have a great Friday.

Cyndi

Last edited by Red1; 03-08-2002 at 12:53 AM.
Old 03-08-2002, 01:03 AM   #131  
sef

HieDie Ho All!!!!

Thanx for the good wishes. My hand was like ham this morning, but some slices have been taken off so it is smaller!!! Altho I still can't get my pinky ring off. Knee is tender but moving much better.

I really don't feel like there was any terrible damage, just like someone said, a whiplash effect.

My friend called tonight, she has to go to Metaire so I'm going to ride with her. No walking or handshaking as I'm still one handed.

Just remember, my name is certainly NOT Grace!!!

Take care, sef
Old 03-08-2002, 06:28 AM   #132  

Hi all,
We celebrated my FIL’s 96th birthday last evening. I took the Fearn’s Spice cake (for me to have while others had
the official birthday cake) and some oven roasted veggie’s (thanks BOB) to add to the barbecue chicken and beef
that other family members brought. While I stayed on program, I feel like there was a lot of salt in the meat. This
weekend’s eating should be more controllable since I don’t think we have any plans to eat out. My FIL is doing
very well for his age..like an Energizer Bunny.

Next Tuesday and I am going to Natchitoches, LA. for a little ladies day out. I am not sure what there is to do
there. Anyone have any suggestions or stories to share about the town?

Kimmy, I taped the Survivor and CSI so I won’t miss anything

Deb: Loved the story about parent’s responsibility. Having gone though all the stages, I can really relate.
You are going to need a vacation, for sure, getting ready for the get away. I will be looking forward to pictures and
stories of the gathering.

Quilter: You and I might make a team. I could do the piecing and you could do the quilting. I guess, though, we
would need a third member to do the putting the layers together part. They have quilt shows here in Dallas which
I have attended. Some of the quilts are so fantastic. It is interesting to see that styles of stitching change over the
years. Congrats on your eating. The days we feel we are in control are the most empowering. I wish you luck with
your concrete drillers.

SEF: How terrible to take a tumble like that. I hope the aches from the fall are eased very soon. I noticed you are
from Slidell. I have a friend whose parents use to live there. I have been there also and remember it as being a
very nice place.

Melf: Good news then lunch and a shopping trip where you find great bargains must have made for a wonderful
day with your daughter.

I hope everyone has a great day.
Old 03-08-2002, 06:34 AM   #133  
SUPER CHICK aka Moderator

Good Friday Morning Everyone

Up and ready to go get dressed to get in my jog this morning before I begin getting ready to go. Just have to prepare the quiche this morning, pack, get ready, get a few things to eat, load the car, pick up pita and I'm on the way to O-town

VIV, glad to see you on the board, just the fact that you are still with us shows that you are still committed to losing the weight. Sometimes people get overwhelmed with other things in life and this WOE may take a back seat for a while. I think it's maybe the uncertainty that's going on with you at this time, it will pass. Try to take some ME time for yourself. Being up 10lbs is not the end of the world and it's not hard to get that back under control and lost once and for all. PLUS, you have to take in to play you have some medical issues right now that may be causing a weight gain beyond your control. This is what you need to address and take care of first and then the weight loss second. You know we're always here to hear you vent-no matter what the subject of venting may be

KIMMY, I was an emotional eater all my life, that is, until I started SB. Not ONCE have I ever eaten out of emotions since I started. I truly believe it has something to do with the sugar. Once you totally detox from it, at least for me, the desire to eat emotionally were gone. That to me is more amazing than the weight loss. I use to eat stuff and not even realize I had eaten it-most times it wasn't even something I would eat when I was rational! I had a Grandmother who was my problem growing up-therapy helped get over that, and over her!!!

BOB, I ain't screwing this cheesecake up any more than it already is-y'all don't like the looks of it, don't eat it!! More for me-he, he, he It just looks ugly, but I hope it doesn't taste ugly See you in a few!

QUILTER, glad to hear you are doing well. If PAUL has a lapse in judgement, just make sure you don't join him, it's easy to get pulled into that without realizing it. Remember, misery loves company. Stay focused and I'm sure when he sees you staying focused, he'll become even more focused as he will see you are committed, and determined and want to do the same (at least I hope and think).

BETH, dinner sounded good, glad to hear you really enjoyed it.

MONET, count me in too for being klutzy-jogging up onto the curb and just lost my footing and went flying, though I luckily "caught" myself before hitting the pavement I could feel that I must of looked like I was a clown tripping over my 2 left feet.

MELF, glad to see your post and knowing you are continuing to hold your ground-CONGRATS!!

RED1, I've hit many a key and lost posts, so I can totally sympathize with you! What kind of raspberries were you buying that would have sugar in them??? Hey, one never knows where we/I will end up, maybe on your doorstep. I was in PALM DESSERT with NANCE last August!

SEF, thanks for the update and letting us know you are still alive and kicking over there! PLEASE, take it easy for a few days. Yeah, I know it's like talking to the wall, you take it easy? Just don't push yourself too early, please

Okay gals I'm outta here. I will try to get on before I leave if time permits, but otherwise I'll be back on Monday morning as I will probably be getting home too late on Sunday night to post.

Please keep the board hopping this weekend, I love to see all the posts when I come back from any vacation. Any newbies that come along I'm sure you will make them feel welcome and right at home. Seems we have a new gal joining us, once again, a Floridian, in Carbolite country, up in Broward!!!!

Have a great weekend!

Debbie
194/1??(too early)/129
SB siince 3/22/00
Reached goal 6/10/01
Old 03-08-2002, 08:02 AM   #134  

Talking Friday Morning Note

Hello. Have been away for a day and look at all I've missed!

Things with GM are getting significantly worse and I have been spending alot of time and energy focusing on that since Wed. It appears that she knows NOTHING about who people are and where she is. She has declined really rapidly in just a few days time. My mom called the doctor's office and they didn't even return her call! Then when she called the next day the nurst told my mom, "Well, he told you she had Alzheimer's didn't he? This is just part of her disease process." He told my parents she DID NOT have AD because at that time (2 weeks ago today) she was too oriented and alert! I don't think she has ADor even dementia. I think she is continuing to have TIA (transient isechmic accidents) or mini strokes because she is changing so rapidly. Needless to say my parents are in the process of finding a doc who gives a rat's *ss! My sis is going down there today and will let me know what she sees. My family is at the point now where they have some decisions to make. She can't stay at home anymore. She keeps asking my mom to take her home. Yesterday she spent all day trying to find her suitcase. She can't remember how to get from one room to the next, she thinks the men on the TV can see her undressing and waved at them. She acts like a person with schizophrenia. My mom has been a trouper but knows that she can't take care of her. She doesn't even get a quiet moment, including sleep.

Have two friends who have registered for the 1/2 marathon! We'll have quite a group down there!

Looks like I have an infection of some kind. My doc phoned in Cipro after the urine culture I gave, but never heard from his office. Will try to phone them first thing this a.m.

I hope all you Florida chicks have FUN FUN FUN! Wish I could be there!

Watched Survivor last night. Thought the should kicked the boob chick (Sara) off. Last night they showed JUST her chest in the frame at least 3 times! And she's not that cute! Then there is the real estate agent on the other team (Kathy). Think she's history the first chance they get! She's a bit too emotional for me.

Tonight is a BIG hockey game! Carolina Hurricanes v. Washington Capitols! We are going! Go CANES!!

Gotta do alot today, including the gym.

SOL - CONGRATS girl! Are you very, very pleased with yourself? You should be! The shot in your ankle sounds awful and I would never be willing to have that done! You're tough!

DEB - Thanks for the recipe! Will make some that today or tomorrow. You what I think about the scale, as do several others. But I know you are gonna do what you want, weigh everyday! Those numbers there aren't always your best measure of health and fitness, but you already know that!

BETH - Way to go on the jeans!

SEF - Sorry to hear about your fall! I hope you are feeling better soon!

VIV - Hang in there. You know what to do! Just do it!

QUILTER - "Don't do crack!"

MELF - Good to see your post. We miss you when you aren't here!

To everyone else... Hope you have a terrific weekend!

That's all for now!

Peace,
FROG
Old 03-08-2002, 08:46 AM   #135  
Child of God

Default They threw mama from the train....

Ok, so maybe it wasn't a train. I can't believe they got rid of her and not that worthless Sarah! Last week I said I like shawn....this week I say NOT!!! What is up his bum? Oh well...good show though. I would have chucked, no doubt, eating that fish stuff! The smell alone would have done it for me. Patrisha said it smelled like fish baking in the sun for days.......EEEEWWWW

Kim is right...never know about the weather here! Yesterday started out gross and ended up really nice. Today is beautiful! I think maybe in the 70's Then tomorrow who knows.

To everyone meeting this weekend.... Have a great time!!

Have a nice day!

Kimmy
Closed Thread