3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community  

Go Back   3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community > Diet Central > Sugar Shakers

Sugar Shakers for followers of Sugar Busters and other GI based diets

Sugar Busters Weekly Support Board 2/11-2/17

View Poll Results: If someone were to ask you what you weigh, would you tell them the truth?
No, never! 4 10.81%
Not now, maybe later 4 10.81%
Not at this time, but when I lose a set amount of weight 1 2.70%
Not now, but when I reach my goal 3 8.11%
Depends on who's asking 19 51.35%
Yes, but with hesitation 1 2.70%
Yes, without a problem 5 13.51%
Other 0 0%
Voters: 37. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 02-15-2002, 11:23 PM   #91
Goddess

Default Deb--you may want to skip this one...

but I have a new treat recipe that I've adapted from something I found on the Sweet talk board. I made it tonight and it is yummy. I'll put it on the recipe board too, but I just have to share---

you need:

one box SF lemon jello mix
16 oz light creme cheese
1/2 cup agave (or 2/3 cup splenda)

--cube creme cheese and set aside
--disolve SF jello in one cup boiling water
--Add cubed creme cheese and beat until the cheese is melted
--Add the sweetner and beat until very smooth
--pour into a paper-lined mini-muffin tin-and chill very well
--Remove from muffin tins and store in a covered container in the fridge.
--should make around 30.

These are incredible! I only had a mini-mini-muffin tin so I poured some of the mixture into individual dessert dishes--works that way too. With the light creme cheese and the agave, I figure they can't be too bad. This is something that can be made for friends and they don't even have to know (and won't be able to tell) it's "diet" food.

I also made my blueberry muffines (August recipe board) with agave today. I'm rapidly becoming a convert!

I hope everyone has a good evening!

Susan
Old 02-15-2002, 11:29 PM   #92
Little Engine That Could

Thanks, Sheann.

Debbie and all the others meeting in central Fla. on the 9th. I checked and there is an Outback in the same shopping center as Whole Foods there in Winter Park. I know that some of you really love Outback, and the prices are good, so wanted to let you know there was one close. There are also a bunch of little bistro type restaurants in Winter Park, on Park Avenue, with all the quaint shoppes, brick street, etc. A lot of the restaurants are ones with sidewalk tables, so eating al fresco is de rigeur. It might be fun for you to try one of those to see how you would put SB to the test at another restaurant.
Old 02-16-2002, 12:52 AM   #93
BIG ORANGE FOOTBALL RULES

HOLY SMOKES!!!! I DIDN'T EVEN THINK....SO SORRY

Do any of you want me to check here to see if I can get any agave>?

Tell me a good price to not go over...

BOB
Old 02-16-2002, 02:13 AM   #94

Gator HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY. Hope you had a good one.

I'm glad that the Canadians will be getting a gold medal but it is too bad that it had to happen this way. I saw some of the ice dancing earlier this evening and one of the commentators said that now they are giving marks according to performance - this was after the Italians had skated and their marks put them in, I think, third place. So lets hope the judges clean up their act.

I've done quite well eating to-day. Managed to stay at least 90% op. Made some more oatmeal cookies this evening. I used a different recipe to the last batch and they turned out very good. The best batch yet. Now I had better stop making them for a while, because guess who eats most of them. Had a good session at badminton to-day. Played for almost two hours with very little space between games. Was babysitting this afternoon and evening. My ds and dil have gone away for the weekend. So I had the two gk's until bedtime then they went to their other grandma. They'll be coming back to me in the morning when the other gm has to go to work. But we are all going out to a movie tomorrow afternoon. The kids want to see Big Fat Liar. Has anyone seen it?

Deb - Congrats on the great walk/jog you had to-day. Boy, you really are getting better every day. I can empathize with you with the problems you are having in eating too much sb legal food. You are not alone. I think that we often forget that even tho it is still op eating too much of it will increse the glycemic load, and consequently our insulin levels which makes us want even more of the treats. The only way I can stop eating the stuff is if I stop making it. That is why for a long time I just didn't want to do any baking, knowing the consequences. Maybe it was a good omen that you found that article on hypoglycemia.

Mel - Hope the dinner goes off well tomorrow. I'm not surprised you are stressed out this week with all the preparation and cooking you've had to do. I hope next week is better for you.

I was hoping to see some more of the ice dancing this evening but I don't know what time it is supposed to be on. So I think I had better get ready to hit the sack if I am going to be fit to take care of the kids tomorrow.

Nite.

Marie.
Old 02-16-2002, 08:00 AM   #95
SUPER CHICK aka Moderator

Good Saturday Morning

Yucky day out there! Sounds like it's sprinkling-too dark to see out the window, too lazy to look out the door Thought I'd try to get in walk/jog this morning, but doesn't look like it. No garage sales today, have to take Lauren up to Broward to go to a Bat Mitzvah-have so many hours to kill-ALL BY MYSELF!!! Eli's working today-my partner in crime-so will just run around and discover some place new, I am sure

I wanted to say one more thing about my post yesterday which is, I think the reason I was feeling those things mentioned in the article I quoted was long before I found agave syrup I didn't touch any sugar since I had started SB. When I finally did find the agave, at the beginning, when I was discovering and experimenting with it, I was able to control what I was eating when I made something with it. I think my body was so use to NOT having ANY sugar, and then when I introduced the agave, in small amounts, it didn't upset my system. BUT, I think in the massive amounts I was consuming (like a cake in 1 1/2 days like last week that had a 1/2 cup of agave in it), it made my system go crazy!

Speaking of that-I think it maybe caused my system to be funky with TOM. Should of gotten it Thursday, still not here today. Not worried, I know it's going to come and once in a blue moon it's a few days late-but usually 26-28 days. I'm glad I haven't gotten on the scale-can't imagine what it would be saying!!!!!!

Anyhow, yesterday was a wonderful day. Eli took me to Outback for dinner which was unexpected. I'm definitely back on track and today is not going to be a problem either Life is good Oh, and I haven't weighed myself neither!

FILLISE, I have to agree with you, I find I may have won the battle, but the war is not over! I have to view it this way. Being heavy my entire life I know that this is a battle that if I put down my gun, the enemy will creep up and take hold once again. It's happened before in the past and history can definitely repeat itself if I'm not careful. I just wish I could find the reasons WHY I can't control myself around SB LEGAL GOODIES, where I was able to do it with chocolate, even the SB LEGAL kind. Thanks for understanding. LOL! Goya is all over down here-considering there's more Latins than American's these day. Will take a look at that brand next time I go to the store-thanks for the tip! Recipe sounds good, but as you know, I'm not making ANYTHING like that for a while. Actually, I don't bother with the SF JELLO since I believe it has maltodextrin in it. How'd the muffins come out?? Those, I'd make!

MEL, good luck with the dinner-I'm sure it will be a huge success! Hmmm, you're not seeing the fat loss you thought? Maybe you just don't have the fat you think you do to lose??? How'd you do with eating 100% OP yesterday??

TREE, I use a Tupperware ice tray, it has a lid so I just keep the fruit in there til I need a cube. I'm going to make some peach puree this weekend. If you get a fruit that's really sweet no need for the sweetener within the fruit, just a little to sweeten the yogurt and fruit together-hmmm, I just may go get some now!!!

BUSDEB, don't know why I thought/assumed you were coming down with family-didn't know you were coming with the band!!! Check with your director and see what he/she says and let us know.

SHEANN, congrats on getting the agave!! Glad you found the cake mixes too. Did you make the carob cake as it calls for on the box, or did you do the applesauce sub for the oil? I would cut mine in 2 ounce pieces, wrap them in cellophane and freeze them-delicious frozen too! Carob coated peanuts have to be UNSWEETENED to be okay to eat-the other ones aren't so good that you didn't buy them. I don't think cutting out all starches is a good idea either-just try to limit them to 2-3 a day.

GATOR, thanks for the info on that diet and for the Outback. Just want to make sure we go to a place and not have to alter the menu to make it SB LEGAL-just wanted to make sure if needed, an Outback was close by-it's the safest!

ROSALIE, which new recipe for Oatmeal Cookies did you use? I love Oatmeal and so far haven't found one I can say I love. Like, okay, but not love. As you said in regards to the goodies: The only way I can stop eating the stuff is if I stop making it and that's very true-and just what I am doing-or not doing!!!

Well gals, I have to get in the shower to be on the road in an hour. I won't be back til evening. I hope you all have a wonderful weekend!!!

Debbie
194/12?/129
SB since 3/22/00
Reached goal 6/10/01
Old 02-16-2002, 11:25 AM   #96
aka Zippy LiverFace

Thumbs down ONLY 12 DAYS LEFT!!!!!!

BREAK OUT THE SHADES!! CRACK OPEN THE POCKETBOOK!! ONLY 12 DAYS OF WAITING LEFT TILL REGISTRATION!!!!!

ONLY 20 DAYS UNTIL I GET TO MEET MARIE!!!! IT'S GONNA BE A PAR-TAY IN O-TOWN!!!

Good morning everyone!

I woke up feeling poopy today. My throat is sore and my whole face and neck feel swollen. I sure hope I haven't caught Vince's flu bug!

Today is gloomy and drizzling with bouts of real rain. They say it's supposed to clear up for the Daytona 500 tomorrow - I sure hope so! It will be hard to spot NASCARGIRL and the sign she made for us if it's cloudy.

I'm trying to get motivated to clean house before going to check out SAMS Club to see if it will save us any money. We get free memberships through my job, but since there's only 2 of us and not much space to store stuff....we can't buy tons of bulk items just to save a few bucks. I was going to hit the heavy metal today in the gym, too, but right now I don't think I could lift a 5lb. dumbell. I was tired last night too and just made falafels for dinner and then went to bed.

I wonder if I've got the blues due to a few piece of chocolate that I had, too, after reading DEBBIE'S article.... All the more reason for me to start measuring and weighing my food again and keeping track in www.fitday.com . Vince is very supportive and will allow me the time to climb on the web and post if that's what I think I need to do to be better.

LAMAP - The more the merrier! Of course it's okay to bring your mom. Looking forward to meeting you and her!

MEL I hope your party goes well - I know the hostess will be the best!

BUSDEB - Guess we get to start another countdown?? VERY COOL! Looking forward to meeting you, too!!

VESNOID - I learned to rollerblade on Cady Way Trail and lived in those "shady" apartments before I got married! Actually, it was a townhouse just one street over from the trail. The Jehovah's Witnesses Spanish Sector would knock on our door every Saturday without fail. They were always suprised that we only spoke English and lived in that neighborhood. IT was cheap and I had no money. I WAS glad to move from there, though. I e-mailed you with my phone number. I hope we get to chit chat before everyone gets here.

BOB - I'm tickled PINK that the Canadians are getting their GOLD that they earned and deserve! I'm wondering why the French judge is the only one catching heat from the media. Noone seems to be looking into WHO pressured her to vote for the Russians and whether or not THAT PERSON should be in any position of authority. I'm sorry but someone who is 'fragile' and 'emotional' should not be in a job that requires you to put your emotions aside and provide 'impartial' assessments of a performance! How the heck did she get that position to begin with!?!

Okay, gonna go try and get some cleaning done. HAVE A GREAT DAY, EVERYONE!

Last edited by SolShine : 02-16-2002 at 11:29 AM.
Old 02-16-2002, 12:19 PM   #97

Default Happy Saturday

Howdy,

Another gloomy day- kinda of- we have the clouds but not the rain that Deb is getting, and we sure could use it.

Solshine....thanks for saying it ok for my Mom to join us. It just makes the 3 hour ride less loney, and I am not sureyet whether we will be staying over or not.

Deb....you keep asking what you can bring people when we meet, I would like to see a few of the wrappers fro what you call "legal" chocolate. I haven't seen a piece yet that has the % of chocolate in it. Do you have any ideas as to what people would like from my neck of the woods???? I am trying to find a good recipe that I can try and maybe bring that.

I am really looking forward to meeting evryone. it wiull be great to finally put a live face to the name.

Fillise....that recipe sounds quick and easy and just maybe something that I can handle. Can't wait to get to the store. Thanks!!

Well, on my way to the Y for my swim. I hope all has a great day!
Laurie
Old 02-16-2002, 02:34 PM   #98

Good Saturday Afternoon

Deb - The recipe I used for the oatmeal cookies was originally from a company that makes oatmeal. I first made it by just substituting agave for the sugar but I have since changed a few more things i.e less butter and a little more flour to get it a way I am satisfied with. When I get it typed up I will post it on the recipe board.

Sol - I am looking forward to the party in O-town. I'm counting down the days too. I hope you aren't getting the flu bug. I don't think a few pieces of chocolate should give you the blues. By the way you describe how you were feeling this morning it does sound like it could be the beginning of the flu. But I hope I am wrong.

Lamap - Looking forward to meeting you and your Mom. I'll be bringing some chocolate with me. I usaully buy the Lindt 70% but there is also an 80% which I am hoping to find. I haven't yet seen any other brands in the stores but I know they are out there somewhere. If I find any other brands I will bring some.

Gotta run. The kids are getting bored and bugging me to play a game. In another hour or so we are going out to see a movie.

Bye for now.

Marie.
Old 02-16-2002, 02:46 PM   #99
aka Zippy LiverFace

Default QUICKIE!

They have about 3 or 4 different kinds of SB legal chocolate at Whole Foods. We'll be trekking over there for a little while on our excursion day. I'm sure we can start at the chocolate section and work our way around from there!
Old 02-16-2002, 05:24 PM   #100

DEB...GATOR....Is the Whole Foods that SOL keeps referring to the one where we found those lucious garlic stuffed olives that ELI and I kept eating?

SOL..Everyone keeps referring to the fraile and sensitive
condition that the Russian girl is in and that's why she deserved the medal..... WRONG!!!! If she's in that bad a shape, she needs to be back in KEIV eating CHICKEN!!!!

MARIE...OH...MY....if you find some of that 80%, PLEASE bring me
about 4 of them....I can get the 70% here but haven't seen the other...CAN'T WAIT...time's getting closer!!!

DEB...hope you had a good time on your adventure...wish I had been there..I'm sure we could have found some mean-ness to get into!

NORTH AND SOUTH is on...gotta go..I"ll check in later!!

BOB
Old 02-16-2002, 06:28 PM   #101
sef

HiedieHo All!!

I have been so busy and not on the Board as I like to be. So many posts!!! I am caught up reading and will try to do a general response.

This week I have not been unable to keep up with myself. Had a WA board meeting at church, two NH visits, three exercise days, choir, Habitat, church, shopping and usual stuff around house. Now I am trying to write up the minutes of the Habitat meeting as I was officially elected recording secretary Thursday night. It is a little hard as I don't know all the names yet without stopping to think. But I have been staying OP.

Thursday night was the Habitat meeting so I missed the men's skating. I stayed up to 3a.m. to watch the rerun. I can't seem to figure out the VCR since we went digital! I know I need to get a life, but the Olympics are only here a short time.

Speaking of the Olympics I am glad to see the Canadians get a gold. It is a shame they couldn't move the bronze up to silver and the next to bronze, but I guess be grateful the controversy was resolved.

Someone mentioned the French judge being condemned and not whoever was her cohort. I agree, the Russian judge who was in on the deal should be condemned too.

The ice dancing is judged differently than the pairs, but I am sure those judges are going to watch theeir Ps and Qs!!! I don't feel the Russian pair deserve a break because of all the girl has been through. What about the girl skater (I forget what country) that skated with a foot broken in two places. In most sports injury is part of the name of the game. The accident on the ice I feel was just that.

I feel sorry for the Russian team, we don't want to forget that they carry no blame for what the judges ruled. They skated the best they could, they have always been inconsistent so I don't feel their little mistakes were a result of being shaken up by the accident in warm-up.

I am pleased to say that my prediction for the men was right on target. Our only hope of a medal was Goebel. It was a toss-up between the two Russians, but I had Yagudin.

Someone wrote about buying special foods for this woe. I buy very few specials. Because we are allowed so many foods, you can eat normal food.

DEB - You asked about Lundi Gras. It is the day before Mardi Gras, basically a warm up or another excuse for a party/parade. Although actually there is no need of excuses in N.O.!!!

SOL - We had a family of Funks in my home town. Poor kids always had to bear jokes about there name. All his life the dad was called Funkie, it's probably on his tombstone!!

LDBLOND - I liked your thoughts. In my work and life I have always counselled people to take care of themselves...don't do as I do, do as I say! Especially when you are the main caretaker of someone you should stop and think of you once in a while. Often when there is a long illness people will ask after the patient with little regard for the caretaker. Sometimes we got so caught up in being wife, mother etc., that we forget the most important one. If we don't take care of ourselves how will be able to cope with our world? You really helped a lot of us think about the direction our lives are taking.

I finally found a HFS that said they could get me agave and by the case!!! I made a lot of calls! Couple of places never heard of it. Price is about 2.88 a bottle including tax, but that's good cause when i could get it by the bottle locally it was 3.49 plus tx.

I was going back and forth between dog show and Olympics. My favorite dog is the collie followed by the Australian Shepherd, poodles are nice but I'd never give mine a haircut like the winning dog!!!

Well, must get back to work on those minutes and some letters I owe.

Take care all. Shirley
Old 02-16-2002, 07:51 PM   #102

I thought I would put this idea in your noggin's

Out of this World

I rolled string cheese inside roast beef, splashed some olive oil on and baked until the cheese was melty!!! Fantastico!

I'll be right back...

BOB
Old 02-16-2002, 08:10 PM   #103

www.canadaegg.ca/

There are some WONDERFUL recipes on this site...check it out!

BOB
Old 02-16-2002, 08:16 PM   #104

Great!
I immediately found something I can use. "Greek-Style Eggs", for my lettuce wraps. Leave out the pita bread, replace it with one or two whole lettuce leaves. Use the lettuce leaves to wrap the whole thing, instead of pita bread.

Tzatziki is easy to make. I use it for broiled chicken, meat, or as a dip for crunchie veggies.

1 T olive oil
1 or 2 t vinegar
1 clove garlic, peeled and crushed
1 cup Greekstyle natural yogurt or sour cream or cream with 1T vinegar
1 big cucumber, peeled and coarsely grated, drained
a pinch of dried mint
a little salt and black pepper
olives, to garnish (optional)

Mix the olive oil, vinegar and garlic.Add yogurt, mix. Add cucumber, mint, salt and pepper, mix. Leave the mixture 1-2 hours in the refrigerator. Garnish with a few black olives. Serve lightly chilled, with crispy slices of courgettes, or slices of fried/grilled eggplant. Or serve as an accompaniment to roast meat or roast chicken.

BOB
Old 02-16-2002, 09:17 PM   #105

OK, I've tried to sit here a lurk in other places, but can't stop watching the OLYMPICS

I'm signing off for the evening...gonna pile up in the bed and recline!

SHIRLEY...looks like we're the only two out and about tonight..
Hope you're watching...

BOB
Closed Thread
Posts by members, moderators and admins are not considered medical advice
and no guarantee is made against accuracy.