Sugar Shakers for followers of Sugar Busters and other GI based diets

View Poll Results: What's tough about staying OP with an event situated around food? (ie, party/holiday)
The amount of food available. 2 6.06%
The types of food available. 11 33.33%
Pressure from others to eat. 1 3.03%
Remarks from family/friends about your weight. 0 0%
Stress or other emotional eating triggers. 2 6.06%
Feeling deprived/left out 4 12.12%
Seasonal depression. 0 0%
Just have no self control in these situations 6 18.18%
Find it to be no problem and stay OP. 5 15.15%
Other 2 6.06%
Voters: 33. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 02-07-2002, 07:59 PM   #106  
BIG ORANGE FOOTBALL RULES

HAPPY BIRTHDAY DARAMUS!!!!

BOB
Old 02-07-2002, 08:09 PM   #107  
BIG ORANGE FOOTBALL RULES

EVENING EVERY BUDDY!!!

FROGGIE... I've been looking for SKEETER and now I see he's up at your house....going by your attachment that is Looks like he's having a good time too!!

DEB...thanks for referring to my loss...that helps...I'm really trying this time..it's slow, but at least it's working...
Was that little article about COFFEE CRAVING directed at me?

WELCOME EVERYONE NEW....I KNOW I"VE MISSED SOME OF YOU, SO I"LL JUST DO A GROUP HELLO!!!!

I'm off to watch CSI....are you tuned in BKM?????

BOB
Old 02-07-2002, 08:14 PM   #108  
Undercover Diva

S/C/G: 242/ticker/175

Height: 5'6"

Deb - Blue has been sent to the big swimming hole in the sky... via my septic tank
Old 02-07-2002, 08:39 PM   #109  

Hi All!
Happy Birthday Daramus! Hope you had a great Day!!

Had a good day today. I seemed to be more focused and having less cravings now. There are 5 (count them) boxes of Girl Scout Cookies in this house!!!!! Hope I don't lose control. I will be strong! My husband has a box sitting on his bedside table - just ready to eat them all. Hopefully he'll eat all 5 boxes soon! I also did much better today with my water. Maybe there is still hope for me!

DH made Nachos for dinner - I used triscuit thin crisps instead of tortilla chips. It was good. I was looking at the truscuits the other day because I was going to buy sour cream and onion flavor but after reading the ingredients, decided to get plain. There is so much more "stuff" in them, just to make a flavor!
Work has been crazy this week - I do the schedule for 50 nurses and assistants and this was the week to do it. It is so stressful because you can never make everyone happy with their schedule. I posted it yesterday and only had 1 note of complaint! Glad that part of my month is over. All you nurses that work on the floor, I do hope you appreciate the person who does your schedule!!! It's a thankless job.

Well, guess I'll go for now. Everyone have a great day tomorrow!

How do you guys put images at the end of your posts?
Old 02-07-2002, 09:26 PM   #110  
Undercover Diva

S/C/G: 242/ticker/175

Height: 5'6"

Default Hey Slap...

I'll trade ya... Send me the 5 boxes of Girl Scout Cookies, and I'll park the KEEBLER TRUCK in your driveway for a while

I hear the little elves calling me in the night... " heyyyy beeeethhhhh, we have some yummy rice krispy treats for youuuu, and some fudge shoppe cookiessssss..... "

Have I mentioned my sudden dislike for anything elfin?

OK... today's water total..... 140 oz!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I have another UTI, so I've been drinking it down! ( I get them about once every 2 months... I have a standing prescription )
I feel like a little baby... having to go potty about 3 times a night... so much for sleep. Good thing DH brought me home all the top 10 bestsellers in paperback last week!

Hmmm... Hey Deb... 140 oz of water get me a Starbucks coupon? ROFL!!!!!!!! Eli must be a Starbucks guy the way you all talk... I'm clueless.. remember, I'm new! LOL!

G'Night all.... Have sweet dreams
Old 02-07-2002, 09:50 PM   #111  
SUPER CHICK aka Moderator

Quickie before I hit the bed and do some reading. Since I started SB, I have'nt read a regular book that I can remember, they've all been recipe books!

BOB, slow weight loss isn't so bad-I thought I'd meet my goal in Oct. 2000, took another 8 months, and I really didn't mind. Of course not, that was NOT meant for you Hey, we ARE bunking together in O-town, aren't we???

BETH, have the CSI team been to the site to make sure this wasn't a hit??? Poor Blue-may he RIP! Umm, you can park that Keebler truck right in front of my house-I can guarantee it's contents to be safe and secure Sounds like you're a damn ready to burst! I drank water pretty well today-but not 140oz!! Eli is a Mgr for a local STARBUCKS. Anyone we see from the board gets a pound of coffee-when BOB came to stay with us, she was in COFFEE HEAVEN!!!!!! She cleaned up big time!!! Do you have a SB near you??

HAPPY, do you have a WHOLE FOODS near you? They have their WOVEN WHEATS, like triscuits, but nothing in them, and I think better. If you are coming to O-town for sure and want me to get you a box, let me know. I always go shopping for whatever everyone needs from down here, so if you like good WW pita, let me know and I'll bring you some too. Oh, and you have to let me know just what type of STARBUCKS COFFEE you like-compliments of Eli and me!

Okay, I'm going to bed to read!!!!!!

See you all in the AM

Debbie
194/125/129
Sb since 3/22/00
Reached goal 6/10/01
Old 02-07-2002, 11:21 PM   #112  

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, DARAMAS

I finally finished the posts. Hope I remember what I read.

Deb: Congrats on your son's accomplishments. You have every right to be proud. IB is intense and a perfect score on any test is amazing. And to answer that many questions correctly is awesome. I don't know enough about weighted and unweighted gpas. Maybe something to do with the types of courses (regular vs honors or AP / IB). Still keeping my fingers crossed for Lauren.

Frog: Told my DH of my plans to meet in NC. Now, tell me where I fly into and how I get where I want to go!

Music: Did you hear about our tragedy? Three of our top notch HS seniors were killed in an auto accident Tuesday afternoon. Our town is devastated. Two boys and one of the boy's girlfriend. The driver was a twin and they were returning from dropping the twin off at work. The twins grew up across the street from us and moved just about a month ago. We are still in shock.

BOB: Congratulations on your weightloss. That's great! Keep it up.

Beth: You are so funny. You lifted my spirits with your epitaph of your dearly departed fish. And I needed a lift. Did I tell you my brother lives in Huntsville?

I didn't get to everyone personally and I'm sorry. I'm proud of all you loser and give you all a big WOOO-HOOO! I'm just too sleepy to type anymore.

Have a great TGIF!

Take care,
Jeanie
Old 02-08-2002, 12:04 AM   #113  
sef

HiedieHo All!!!

Spent my day running around. Went to the NH and then to Sam's. Of course, the worst part of Sam's (aside of the money spent) is coming home and putting everything away!

I also went to HFS, this time she had the dark agave, Said it was all she could get now as the light has been discontinued. I had asked about a case but wanted to try the dark before I ordered any more. She is going to check on light in gallons for me.

Funny thing, when I went to check out after picking up the only two bottles available, the clerk says "Are you making cheesecake too? Everyone (only two that I know of) is coming in for the agave and say they are going to make cheesecake!" I told her it was my fault and Ruby, the owner came over and thanked me!!

I tried to call my friends, I think the dark syrup would change the flavor of the cake. To me it has a sort of molasses flavor. Would be great in the buckle.

MOMMA - I forgot all about the chat the other night. We did a male baby shower at work too. It was really fun, of course they made the guy do some of the silly stuff too. He was a little embarrassed at times but was a really good sport!

DEB - A big WOW for your son. It's good genes for sure but I gather that Eli is no slouch and some must have came from him!!!

DARAMUS - Handsome pic. HAPPY BIRTHDAY even if it is a little late in the day!

FROG - WOW! You've come down a long way baby! You must be so proud of yourself and if you're not you should be!!

ANDAMAY - Welcome. There is a great thing going on here and I am sure you will help it along!

QUILT - I love sauerkraut, but family doesn't. Recipe seems like it would be easy to make in a small quanity. There's always SB Thousand Island.

ROSALIE - There must be something going around that let's us sleep. Daramus said he slept well last night, you overslept and I did too. I woke at at 10 to 9 and I'm always up at 7:30, boy did I rush to get to the NH by 9:30!!!

BETH - I know what you mean. Since holidays I have been a little lax too. Not with non-OP food but with OP food. And even though it is OP, too much of a good thing is not good!! I love your fish story. We always said our deceased finny friends were swimming in the big pool now!

I am so jealous of all the graphics. Everytime I pick one I get that sign that says it's not usable. What's wrong with me?

Think I caught up. Hope I didn't miss anyone. You're all so great.

Take care. Shirley
Old 02-08-2002, 12:06 AM   #114  
sef

Just experimenting!
Old 02-08-2002, 09:02 AM   #115  
Losing on the Beach

S/C/G: 205/ticker/164

Height: 5'5

Red face Morning guys

I am glad to see the boards so busy today It is great to see so many people getting healthy!!!!!!
I went to my Tops weigh in last night and am sad to say that I had a gain, it was 1 and 3/4 pounds to be exact, I have been doing great on this WOE for two weeks and my pants fit alot better so I am sure it is water weight, I mean it just has to be, I lost 40 or more on the plan a few years ago and my body is probably adjusting or something Glad to see so many new faces and hope to get to know you all soon....... Christie

Melf- How are ya girl??? Long time no visit
Old 02-08-2002, 09:19 AM   #116  
Mel

Default Friday

Hi all! Happy Friday.

I'm nursing a sore knee from chasing a hopeless shot playing tennis yesterday, hope it's just sore and nothing more! and a sore tummy from too large a meal at outback last night! All legal, but what a chunk of meat I consumed.

Frog- You sure have come a long way! Even in your big sweater, I can see how much leaner you look now. Your face looked half it's size! And you say you were swollen?

Deb- Wednesday would be great for lunch/whatever! I'll ask my brother where he is in relation to the mall, and figure out something to do with ds for a few hours. I need the bra store- it's the only place I can spot reduce (two spots to be more exact ).

Gotta go to work, then attempt to get to the gym for an upper body workout. At least the knee's not incolved.

mel
Old 02-08-2002, 09:50 AM   #117  

Red face Friday Morning Note

Mmmmmm, I slept late and boy did it feel good! Have been so sleepy lately because I haven't been going to bed early enough, but I also think I may have a slight infection of the female kind. Thank heavens there is now and OTC treatment for the problem!

Posted a response yesterday but the gremlin got it! Usually try to copy it before I press submit but didn't and it back-fired. Oh well, will try again!

Today is house-cleaning day! oh boy. Do have to do some things like vacuuming, dusting, watering the plants, yadda, yadda!

FILLISE - I have got to decide what to give up for Lent. One year I gave up recreational shopping (or should I say recreational spending)! TJ Maxx went into a state of official mourning! I used to go in there and just look around.

BETH - Blue can join my 2 Beta's in fish heaven - Gabe and Al. Glad that you weren't forced to eat a "sardine sandwich" the other day! Regarding those elves - they are actually little trolls! And you know that bakery isn't sanitary because it's in a tree!! Stay away from the truck! And tell DH to get the cookies out of the bedroom! You should be the only "sweet treat" in there! (Warning to others: if you don't like personal info, skip this part!) I went through a spell in my mid-20's where I had UTI's on a freuqent basis, followed by a yeast infection from the anti-b, followed by a UTI from the yeast Rx... and would get into a cycle of that! Then the doc thoughtfully looked at the calendar and noticed one just after New Year's and one around Feb 14, etc. So he inquired about my sexual activity and suggested that after I have "it" I should make myself tinkle! Indicating that it would help clean out the U-tract. It worked! No more UTIs for quite a while after that! Hope that was more than you wanted to know, but seeing that you're a medical professional I thought you could handle this toned-down version. Sorry for the use of non-medical terms.

ZANNE - The pimply-poos are making me crazy. Better today than yesterday. Suddenly I'm 13 years old again! I am also gonna emlinate 2 new products to see if they are the cause. Are you drinking the BFL supplements? I wondered if the protien uptake is having an impact. BTW - I am SORE today!!

DEB - Thanks for the sweet comments about my size. We should go on a shopping trip in March/April! What are you reading?

BOB - Skeeter sends his love! He is one cool pup in those Foster Grants!

SLAPHAPPY - Nachos.... Mmmmmmm! I like to make 'em with WW torts from the grocery. I cut them into wedges and bake 'em in the oven to make 'em crispy. D-lish!

JRED - So awful, that accident you told us about. Reminded me on the ones at my high school during those years. They are heart breaking! Coming to NC! OMG I am so excited! You should check flights into Greensboro (GSO or PTI - Piedmont Triad International) and Raleigh. If you flying to one of those 2 I can pick you up. GSO is just about 30 minutes away and Raleigh is on the way to the beach or an hour from me. If you want to get closer to the beach you can fly into Jacksonville, NC or Wilimington, NC and get a rental car, or into a little bitty airport in New Bern and rent a car. New Bern is about as close to the beach as you will get but will probably be the most expensive. J'ville is closer than Wilmington but Wilmington is more scenic. Let me know if you need anything else!

SEF - Thanks for the comments! I FEEL better and I'm healthier too!

MEL - Must have been posting at the same time. Hope you see this. I do think my face is much slimmer, and even slimmer from the Sept beach pic I posted. That big sweater is one of the things I bought to "hide" in when I was at my heaviest. Now it is comfy and warm and not fat camoflauge. My face was more swollen in the pics with Deb than in the one in the castle. I will try to scan one of the ones at the finish line - AWFUL! Look at the pic I posted from the brunch and compare it to the one with Deb in the hotel lobby, maybe you can see a difference. Hope your new is better! How is BFL?

Well, time to get busy! Will check back later today! Have a great day.

Peace,
FROG

Last edited by Frog Lover; 02-08-2002 at 09:56 AM.
Old 02-08-2002, 10:19 AM   #118  
SUPER CHICK aka Moderator

Good Friday Morning!

Got in my walk/jog, but only did 3.5 miles cause I had to come home to take Lauren to school. Already ran to the bank, grocery store and Target-going out soon to run a few errands before going to do the p/u thing!

Eli ended up making the salmon I bought last night-it was unbelievably delicious!!!!!!!! Hey, I think I should bring him to our SB GET TOGETHER in Oct. as our in-house coffee expert and cook!!!!!!!!!!!

Did very well with my eating and water yesterday and was surprised the scale didn't go down today-okay, more like disappointed! Here's hoping for tomorrow. I know I am retaining water, so hopefully I'll piss my brains out today.

JRED, Michael didn't get a perfect score on an IB test, that was the FCAT test that they give the kids for reading and math, he got it on the reading comprehension. But I still thank you for the nice words Sorry to read about that tragic accident with those kids-hope drag racing wasn't involved, it seems to run rampant down here with the kids.

SEF, I'm surprised they have the dark agave still around, it's very old stock. I can't find it here. It does have a little stronger taste since it's not filtered. I have to say, Eli does have influence with Michael and his grades, but he's not his father, though he loves both the kids like they were his own! Hey, I like the new avatar you have-the new bird is SKINNIER!!!!

CHRISTIAN, good to see you got a level head when it comes to seeing a gain and knowing it's not from cheating or something you're not doing right. I always say, be patient, it will turn around

MEL, great, so Wednesday it is! We'll make more definite plans around the time you have to spend with me. There's a large HFS right near there too if you want to hit it, the bra store is right there as well-wonderful prices (took BOB with me when she was here). I get BALI bras for $6.99 there. Anything else you'd like to do-just let me know!!!

FROG, LOL! Loved your Elfin logic to BETH!!! You are so witty! SHOPPING, hmmm, they'd never be prepared for both of us and the way we bargin shop at any store!! LOL!! I have a slew of cookbooks, I just grab one or two and look at recipes that look good, then put it aside and forget which recipe it was that I wanted to make-then start the whole cycle again the next night! I do have those little tabs, but tend to forget to use them.

I'm outta here-check in with you all later.

Have a wonderful weekend!!!

Debbie
194/125/129
SB since 3/22/00
Reached goal 6/10/01
Old 02-08-2002, 10:56 AM   #119  

Talking

Just wanted to say how proud I am of everyone that we are up to [SIZE=large]8 PAGES!!!![/SIZE] The participation is great and really helps keep all of us motivated!

WAY TO GO Y'ALL!

Peace,
FROG
Old 02-08-2002, 11:26 AM   #120  
Goddess

Thumbs down AWOL

Gosh,y'all have been busy on the board.

I've been AWOL most of the week, and will be for most of the weekend too as I'm going out of town for a conference. But's its really great to see the board so active.

Hopefully when I get back, I'll be able to post regularly next week!

I'm thinking about all of you everyday--even when I'm not here.

Susan
Closed Thread