Sugar Shakers for followers of Sugar Busters and other GI based diets

View Poll Results: When do you find yourself to be the hungriest?
EARLY MORNING 2 5.88%
MID-MORNING 5 14.71%
NOONISH 1 2.94%
MID-AFTERNOON 8 23.53%
EARLY EVENING 5 14.71%
EVENING 5 14.71%
LATE EVENING 7 20.59%
MIDDLE OF THE NIGHT 0 0%
I CAN'T PICK ONE! CONTINUOUSLY-24/7! 1 2.94%
Voters: 34. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 01-30-2002, 01:41 PM   #76  
Undercover Diva

S/C/G: 242/ticker/175

Height: 5'6"

Default *Waaaaah*

I don't have a scale But today I ran a call and when I put my turnout gear on, I swear I felt like a clown!! I need smaller gear!!

That's a good sign!

(I'm gonna go buy a scale... I think... I hate not knowing!)

WTG to all the losers Keep up the hard work to all who haven't seen the scale move, but who are working just as hard!!
Old 01-30-2002, 02:37 PM   #77  
sef

HiedieHo All!!!!

Congrats to all the losers. Cheer up it will get better for the stay the samers and gainers. I did not get weighed at Neuro office today and will not weigh other than doctors.

Yeah, went to the neurologist today. Not very encouraging. Unless he can find what is causing the neuropathy there is not much that can be done for it. None of my meds are anything that helps pain and discomfort it causes and unless I wanted something he felt it was best to live with pain. I take 9 pills a day now and don't want to add anymore. I have a good tolerance for pain and have been living with it quite a while so why not a little longer.

I had to go to lab for a slew of blood tests, urine, etc. Then he has me scheduled on the 18th for nerve tests. Neuropathy could be caused by the rheumatoid arthritis. In the hands it is overlaid by carpal tunnel syndrome. So let's hope the various tests and lab work can find a cause so it can be helped!

Because there is no sense of feel in feet I often stumble (I can see the Church Lady thinking I'm in my cups!) and when on bike I lose the pedals. At least I can walk and pedal!!!

Okay, I don't like myself with this negative attitude!!!! Now that I've lost weight I can reach those boot straps and will pull myself up by them!

QUILTER and Others who have been under the weather, I'm so glad you're feeling better.

To those who are still low I hope you all feel better soon.

It seems like a nap kind of day, think I will take one.

Take care all. Shirley
Old 01-30-2002, 02:40 PM   #78  
Little Engine That Could

Hi all,
Congrats to all the losers this week.

Special message to Catlover.
I went out for the 3rd time to a par three course and played 18 little holes!! My best score was 43 for 9 holes. I need a lesson in woods and in how to hit my wedge. My putting is mediocre! All the balls off the tee go pretty well, up in the air with an arc, etc. I just push my tee woods off to the right, as in slice! Thought you'd want to know that I took the plunge.

I walked all 18 holes this morning. And I was somewhat tired when all finished. But it was fun.

Have a great day, all.
Old 01-30-2002, 02:42 PM   #79  
Little Engine That Could

One more thing--
I got an e-mail from someone in Uganda, asking for help in translating her e-mail. It was all about what she had to eat that day. I am not sure if she was perusing the French bulletin board that I participate in, or if she is a lurker on this board. Hmmm. I'll let you know.
Old 01-30-2002, 06:26 PM   #80  

Default WIW evening post

Evenin' everybody!

Wel, WIW was so-so, looks like I am up 8/10's of a pound, knew I shouldn't have eaten meat at dinner! I KNOW i haven't been drinking enough water this week. Unusual for me, SHAME on me! I also think that not running has impacted my fat-burning cardio and the bike at the gym isn't enough. Calling the chiropractor right now!

Congrats to all the losers! WOW, there were so many too!

SOL - I know how frustrating it can be to feel like you've gotten everything aligned - diet, exercise, rest, etc - and the scale still doesn't show you any love! Keep it up and the numbers will change for the positive. BTW - I the countdown to WDW part 2!

"Talk" to eveyone again later. I'm off to the gym again! Remember, I'm not super keen on indoor exercising! Wish me luck!

Peace,
FROG
Old 01-30-2002, 07:24 PM   #81  
Golfing Gal

testing to see if this posts
Old 01-30-2002, 07:26 PM   #82  
Mel

Default Wednesday

Where is our fearless leader???? Deb? You out there? Or did you get buried under another 9 cases of agave?

DD and DS went off to cub scouts, so I have some quiet time alone. Thought I'd post before I run up to lift metal. I need a dress this weekend and except for a spiffy one for New Years's, haven't bought anything since forever except jeans, khakis and tops. So after work I went trudging off to the mall, found a real cute sleeveless shift with a matching embroidered sweater- NEVER would have bought that 6 months ago! First thing I tried on, so I was happy. Then I noticed the BATHING SUITS were in. OK, finding a dress in my new svelte size was easy, so...full of confidence, I scooped up about 3 dozen suits, even a few 2 piece which I haven't worn since 1980, and headed for the dressing room. Well, there's nothing to ruin a perfectly good day like trying on bathing suits! I always thought when I'd wear whatever size, or weigh whatever, it would be so easy and fun. WRONG! UGH, I've a long way to go before even those 2 piece tankini's that cover the middle look good. About another year of weights and abs, then maybe.

SOL- With all your walking, even if the scale's not moving you've got to be hardening up those leg muscles. Remember that muscle weighs more! Are your pants any looser in the thighs? Nothing seems to budge my tummy fat, but walking and running should at least move the thigh and butt fat off! Your WDW countdown cracks me up!

Beth- That's great you need smaller gear! Do you have to buy it or is that something they prove with the job? Hope its a job perk and they have to get you lots of smaller sizes!

Fillise- Congratulations on pulling off the banquet. You did a tremendous amount of work and certainly deserve a rest. Good idea to eat first- I always find a t my own parties, I'm way to busy to eat, but watch out a clean-up time! Luckily you probably didn't have to clean up

BusDeb- WTG on the 2 pounds! Getting back on track and mucking stalls must have worked.

hello everyone I've missed, like FROG, I'm off to the gym. It's arm day.

mel
Old 01-30-2002, 08:51 PM   #83  

Default Happy WIW Evening!!!

Well, I got my wish today. TOM came roaring through this afternoon and I feel so much better. Amazing, isn’t it?

Had a pretty good day today. I felt much better and was able to last the entire day. Paul’s in the kitchen cooking some supper (burgers) and guess what??? I’m NOT hungry. Where did that come from? Today I took tuna salad and some cheese for lunch and ate half at 1 and the other half at 4. So I’m really not ready for any supper yet. I kind of like this idea.

SOLBABY---Sorry to hear about your gain. Doesn’t make sense to me. Have you taken your measurements lately. In WW they used to tell us, if you’re doing everything right and you aren’t seeing a loss at the scales, check the tape measure. I know you’re thinner. Your pictures are screaming it! {{{{HUGS}}}}

DARAMUS---Congrats on the loss. I dig your short-term goal. You’ll see it before you know it!

HAM---Missed you at chat last night. Hey, way to go on the 2-pound loss. That’s terrific. You haven’t been on it a month and you’re already at 11 pounds??? That’s great.

ROSALIE---Your story of weighing the same doesn’t make any sense. Especially if everybody is calling you skinny. Are you holding your purse while you weigh? That might be it. You’re getting THINNER and your purse is getting HEAVIER. LOL Hey, at least you didn’t do what I did and gain everything back. A lost that remains lost is much better than a loss that gets found. I will mark my calendar for March 7 and be on my porch waving as you all pass through. I really wish there was time for a visit, but I understand that you are with a lot of others who don’t me from Adam. But just in case, we’re in the phonebook.

SHEANN---Glad to hear that you met your January goal. That’s great!!! You are so right about that positive attitude. I really have to work to keep that going. Because the first thing I do when I feel depressed or start having a pity party is head straight for the kitchen. And it’s NOT to make a salad. Keep up the good work. Remember, we are all pulling for you.

BUSDEB---Way to go on the 2 pounds!!! Super!!!! You are doing really well and that’s such an inspiration. Just think . . . that’s two pounds of butter GONE from your bod!!! Hope you had a nice ride with April.

ZANNE---Congrats on the loss. You are getting closer and closer to your goal. That’s wonderful!!! Just think, after TOM you’ll be even lighter.

SEF---So sorry the neuro didn’t have a solution to the pain. It seems impossible that they can’t find anything to help you. I am praying for a miracle, because there’s nothing I’d like more than to hear that you are pain free. I know it must be hard, but I hope you are able to keep your spirits up. We all know how powerful a positive attitude is. You are the queen of positive attitudes . . . hang in there, friend!

FROGGIE, honey---You’ll get that 8/10s off in no time. I’m sure of it. What’s with the water intake being down? That’s not like you at all. Good luck on the indoor exercising.

Not much else to talk about tonight. Tomorrow my boss is taking some of us to her Rotary Meeting. There’s some health expert who’s going to speak on health and weight management and stuff like that. That’s why we’re all going, because we all are fighting the same battle. The battle of the bulge. And the spare tire. And the cottage cheese dimples. You get the picture??? Anyways, I’m taking my notebook so that I can write down what he says. I’ll report in about it tomorrow night and tell you what I learn. Maybe I should tell him about sugarbusters! And all the successes we’ve had here.

Have a great night and a better day tomorrow. Take care. And SMILE!!!
Kim
Old 01-30-2002, 09:00 PM   #84  
BIG ORANGE FOOTBALL RULES

HEY EVERY BUDDY!!!!!

JUST PASSING THRU ON MY WAY TO BED!!!!

Been to the gym and did my 45 mins...now I'm off to watch the WEST WING....

HELLO EVERYONE...can't stop and chat with you right now...

Later

BOB
Old 01-30-2002, 09:19 PM   #85  
SUPER CHICK aka Moderator

Good Wednesday Morning Everyone (started this this morning, now it's after 9pm)

I am POOPED! I am sooo tired it's not funny. I was up around 2:30am when I saw Eli wasn't in bed (he worked late last night), so I got up and found him watching the boob-tube, went back to sleep but didn't fall back to sleep. He came in bed and ALL NIGHT LONG he had some weird SHAKING LEG SYNDROME (is that something real-sounds good enough to be something!). His leg would shake about ever 30-45 seconds, thus, shaking the bed. Finally, I go out of the bed around 3:45am and came on the computer until about 5am. Was finally able to fall asleep for bout a half hour-wasn't enough sleep and I'm just feeling pooped now.

Okay, the above was written this morning, didn't have a chance to finish until now, Eli was off today-surprisingly, we DID NOT GO TO BROWARD! We stayed down here, went to lunch at Maroosh
(ME rest) and ran to a few stores. By the time we ended up getting out of the house it was late morning, almost Noon.

Needless to say, I had no energy to get in my walk/jog today-my brain wanted to do so, but the body said no and the body won. THUS, I've seen a BIG increase in my food intake today with nothing satisfying me, thus, over eating today. BUT, in defense, it's mid-cycle for me and I find as much as I try to prevent this feeling, my hormones seem to go on a warpath all their own. It's like they are screaming "FEED US MORE!!!"

So, it's WEIGH IN WEDNESDAY and I can't complain (doesn't help if you do anyhow, right?) I'm at 120 this week. Still up from my lowest of 118 by 2lbs, but thankfully, in the lower range of my cushion I did take some measurements today and saw a slight decrease in my waist, tummy and thigh-the only places I ever measure. I sure do wish I had started measuring when I started SB. I can tell you on April 9th 2001 my waist was 33.5in, it's now just under 31. I can only imagine the 1 year before what it was when I started SB!

Thanks to all of you who joined me in the chat room last night-always a pleasure to get to speak to you in "real time."

FROG, we missed you in chat last night Sounds like someone named BP is becoming a kitty cat as far as the cat is concerned! Hoping you will hear about the beach house soon so we can start the REAL planning!! PALEEESE 8/10 of a pound, just go to the bathroom, you'll be back down again!!!

JRED, sorry you haven't seen a loss on the scale-would be happy to try to help you figure it out. Are you sure you're eating enough? Hormones wrecking havoc? Staying OP? There's usually an explanation for what's going on-just have to play detective. Congrats on getting some exercise in-maybe that just what you need to boost your metabolism to drop a few pounds.

QUILTER, glad you're doing a bit better. THANKS FOR POSTING THE PICTURE!!!! I love it, you two look like you were the wedding couple! I have to find some of the pictures from last year and get them posted-they were on disk and gosh knows where I stuck them!

FILLISE, sounds like you did a great job last night! CONGRATS! Good for you in getting the agave-hope they will get in some more for you before the supplies run dry-stock up!

MEL, see! You kvetched for nothing! CONGRATS on the pound loss! Couldn't post on the board for some reason this evening. Finally getting on here now! Hey, at least you tried a suit on-I would never dare to venture doing that in my life ever again. There's a big picture of me in every swimsuit dept with a big slash over my face and it reads "DON'T LET HER TRY ON A SUIT!"

SOL, 37 more days til we meet again-cool! Got any ideas what we can do for the day? Are you going to join us at the hotel-we'll have a slumber party! We'll have more than a couple hours, more like the entire day! HAPPY & LAMAP aren't sure yet if they can come. ZSU is trying to get that weekend off. GATOR hasn't said yay or nay, I think. And Sunday too-don't have to leave until about 4ish I'd say. I'd like to come up on Friday evening, just so I'm not so tired on Sat.-will discuss this later with you. I wouldn't worry about the scale, remember, you're exercising quite a bit lately and I'm sure you've lost fat and gained muscle in it's place-which weighs more.

DARAMUS, CONGRATS on this weeks loss!!! Weigh to go!

HAM, CONGRATS on your 2lb loss this week-you're doing great!!!!

ROSALIE, well, if I hear of anything else that may be good between now and then, I'll let you know. There's lots of other things to do in the Orlando area besides the theme parks. On International Drive there's a water park and a place my kids loved, can't remember the name (SOL?) it looks like an upside down building and it's all hands on things for the kids-and adults-we had a blast there too! Heck, don't worry about those little fluctuations, you know it's going to go downward in due time

SHEANN, CONGRATS on not only meeting your January Goal, but for being patient. I promise you, always be patient and you will be rewarded. It's too easy to throw in the towel when you see the scale going in the opposite direction, I know from experience. Many times I had gains, sometimes 6lbs in a few days time and I wan't cheating, I was eating perfectly, no reason to gain and I knew if I just stayed OP and was patient my patience would pay off and it always did!!!

BUSDEB, CONGRATS on this weeks loss of 2lbs-being 1lb away from your half way point must be very motivating. It's like climbing to the top of the summit and then finally being able to climb down!!!

ZANNE, CONGRATS on your loss this week. Anything that takes you closer to your goal is good, even if you don't make it to your goal. At least you're headed in the right direction, right?

JMUIR, CONGRATS on your loss this week as well! So you're a shoe nut, huh? Well, maybe by the time you lose that 15lbs, the sale will be so incredibley good and worth waiting to buy some shoes.

PRAVDA, hope you feel better. Are you going anywhere on your vacation??

BETH, I bet you have lost-definitely need to get some gear that fits, sure don't want your pantaloons to fall down, do you? Hmm, as long as you don't get scale obsessed like moi, a scale could be good. Maybe you have a friend/family member who has one that you could run to and weigh once a week??

SEF, sorry the news wasn't good at the Dr.'s today-would it do any good to get a second opinion? I have to say, I do love your attitude-some people would just sit down and feel sorry for themselves, but not you-you seem to live your life to the fullest, and I truly admire you for that!!!

Time to go figure out what to throw out on the table and call dinner Though I may not be allowed back in the kitchen, Eli says I have gas bad enough that I could smoke Bin Laden out of any cave he's in! LOL!

Please remember TOMORROW IS RECIPE DAY so if you have an good SB LEGAL RECIPES you'd like to share with the board, please try to post them tomorrow.

Have a great nite!

Debbie
194/120/129
SB since 3/22/00
Reached goal 6/10/01
Old 01-30-2002, 10:11 PM   #86  

Good Evening Everyone!
Feeling a little bit better- but still not back to normal. Haven't really followed plan the last few days due to this stomach thing.

Regarding the Orlando get together. I will try and keep that weekend open. My husband will think I'm nuts. I can just hear him "You're going to meet people from the internet!!!!!!!!!!!" Night before last at the dinner table, I called him by the wrong name! I don't know why or how it happened,it just came out of my mouth. So all night he kept asking me, if I called Michael yet (thats what I called him, his name is Micky). Anyway----- are all you Orlando people skinny??????????? Because if you are, I'm not coming!

Deb/Rosalie: the name of the upside building is Wonder Works. We took my son there to see a magic show- it was cute. There is also a Ripley's Believe it or not museum. Can also take a day to see the beach (that's free).

Ok, good nite all- keep losing!
Sue
Old 01-30-2002, 10:15 PM   #87  

Default Hello

Hi all,

WOW what a great job everyone did this week, there are a lot if losers here!!!!! That is so super, makes you want to try hard and join you. I am not sure how I did this week. We got busy at work this morning and I didn't get to weigh in. Tomorrow I hope to have a chance to jump on the scale.

The day was bad, and tomorrow will be worse. I will be glad when Friday gets here, I am off call this weekend and plan on resting and just taking it easy, maybe I go swim some laps. This is my newest thing. I went and swam 1/2 mile on Sunday. Boy I know what is really tired after doing that.

I am starting to get the hang of this dating thing, I am making plans to meet this other guy I started writing to at Christmas. His work work taken him out of town and meeting, up till now wasn't possible. I just want to make sure that I don't get to hung up with just one right now. I want to take things real slow, I think it would scare the daylights out of me if I didn't take things slow.

Well, hopefully I will get a handle one this posting stuff, but I am so glad everyone is starting to feel better and the weight is dropping.

I will be in touch soon. Have a great THursday. Laurie
Old 01-30-2002, 10:42 PM   #88  

Red face bed time!

Just lurking before hopping off to bed. Gym was not sooo bad, at least I got in a pseudo-run on the elliptical trainer which wasn't 1/2 bad. Then the "metal lifting" as Mel calls it. Wish I had a weight lifting partner, think it would be great motivation.

Want so badly to sit and respond to each of you but must MAKE myself go to bed before 11:00 so I can't. PROMISE to catch up with all on Fri a.m. as has been my M.O. of late.

Have a happy Thursday everyone!

Peace,
FROG
Old 01-31-2002, 07:07 AM   #89  

I found Amanda from Michigan on our main board. Here is her post.

WELCOME AMANDA!!

Quote:
New to this board.

Hello All

Since I am new to this board, I'm still trying to find my way. So far I am really enjoying the SB plan. Looking to meet all kinds of new wonderful people.

Peace,
FROG
Old 01-31-2002, 07:39 AM   #90  

Default Morning Everybody!

Just stopping by before we head out to work to say HOWDY and here's wishing we all have a wonderful day. It's Friday Eve, so let's get cracking on creating some fantastic weekends. I'm going to try much harder this weekend and keep focused. For some reason, I carry my angels with me during the week, but ditch you all come Friday night. Not very neighborly of me. Sorry. LOL

Almost forgot . . . WELCOME AMANDA!!!!! It's good to meet you. Thanks to Frog for posting your post here. We are glad you found this site. You're going to love it. Ask all the questions you want. We are here to help. Good luck!

Hope you all are well. Will talk to you tonight.
Take care.
Kim
Closed Thread