Sugar Shakers for followers of Sugar Busters and other GI based diets

View Poll Results: Do you have a kitchen/food scale?
Yes, but I don't use it 12 42.86%
Yes, a digital/electric one that I do use 3 10.71%
Yes, a dial one that I do use 2 7.14%
No, don't have one but plan on getting one 4 14.29%
No, don't have one and don't plan on getting one 7 25.00%
Voters: 28. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 01-23-2002, 10:12 AM   #61  

Well, I hope blondes really have more fun because these highlights are MUCH more than I anticipated!! I had never done anything like this before so I really didn’t know what to expect. I went from dark brown to a golden blonde! I think I’ll like it once I get used to it, but man, its really different. Doesn’t look like me in the mirror at all. DH is being his usual critical self – he never likes anything I do at first but will usually compliment me once he gets used to the new look – AND THIS IS DEFINITELY A NEW LOOK!! When I look at the hair only, it looks great – but when I look at the whole picture (my face with this hair) it kinda freaks me out! The stylist told me that it would take a week or so to get used to it…. This sounds crazy, but I think I would like it more if I had a good tan……. Maybe I should go ahead and start at the tanning beds a little early this year?!?!

WIW – no good news for me – up 4 from lowest, but no surprise – I was really naughty over the weekend, so I had to pay the price. It will go back down though – I have faith!!

Don’t have time to reply to everyone, BUT GOTTA SAY WAY TO GO FOR MELF!!!!!!!!

Gotta run – Have a great day!!!!!!!!
tv
Old 01-23-2002, 10:15 AM   #62  
Wife, Mother, Goddess

I lost 2.5 pounds!!!!!!!! YIPEEEEEEEEEEE

WAY TO GO MELF!!!!!!! YOU GODDESS YOU!!!!! HAPPY HAPPY JOY JOY!!!!!!!!

Deb- I blew it....sister was down, and what can I say....we were wrapped up shopping and dining out, then I rolled into bed.
I'm sorry.....SOON....we WILL catch up!

Gotta get to work!!!! Sorry I missed the chat.....Could have buzzed BOB right in her ear!!!! Rat farts! Oh, I'll have my glory another day!

Love to everyone!!!! Have a great SF DAY!
Old 01-23-2002, 10:31 AM   #63  

Hi Y'all! I've been reading this board for about a week now, so I already feel like I know most of you! I'm Stacy, and I made my first appearance in chat last night. Thanks so much for answering my stupid questions. Like I said, I've read the book twice, but it could never provide the practical wisdom that y'all do!
I hope everyone's having a great WIW. I'm proud to report that I lost 3 pounds this week! This is my second week on this WOE and I'm loving it.

MELF - Big Congrats!! That's impressive and inspirational!

FROG - How's the kitty? Remember, pimpin' ain't easy!

Thanks again for the support! Have a great day!

Stacy
Old 01-23-2002, 10:52 AM   #64  
"I'm working on it!"

Exclamation Hey All

Cloudy here this morning. Some really dark ones. Maybe we'll get snow?

I am SOOO sick of being sick. DS seems to be doing ok, just a terrible cough now and then. My cold seems to be coming out thru my eyes. My right eye is puffy, almost swollen shut. These past few months of colds is the only time in my life this happens. Everyone is blaming it on the weather here. The temp is up and down. Yesterday was 9 degrees celsius warmer than it should be. So instead of 24 degrees F like it should be, it was 42 degrees F. Didn't do any exercise yesterday--blaming my cold. Excuses, excuses.

WIW I'm at 165. I think it's up a lb from last week. Too many salty triscuits!

Ok, enough complaining.

Yesterday I picked up the Body for Life book for $19.99 at Costco. It usually retails in Canada for $39.99, so I got a deal I had only skimmed thru it when I had it from the library and the web site doesn't have all the info, so now I can really read the book and get more info from it. DH is interested in doing it too.

I also picked up a 2lb tray of grape tomatoes. YUM! I ate half of them yesterday.

Had another perfect SB day yesterday. I usually average maybe 80% OP, so 2 100% days in a row is good!

TV-ya did a great job as my I had a perfect SB day. Just gotta cut down on the salty triscuits I'm thinking positive that your tests will come back negative! How did the hair turn out?

SHEANN-Sounds like you had fun with the grandkids. WOW 4 of them. My DS is 4, and I get pooped with just the one kid.

QUILTER-You and TV were great s. You can steal as many triscuits as you want. Got a mega box of them yesterday! I'll have to look for the rye ones. I don't think I've seen them here or I would have snapped them up if I had. I love rye. I have had them when we visited the inlaws in W Palm Beach last year and they ARE yummy. All the "entorage" fit in the van. Couldn't have the seats in, but I drove carefully so y'all wouldn't roll around You gals kept me in check at Costco--we bypassed the cake/pastry section! Only bought SB legal stuff.

BOB-I think you'll have to come drag me by the hair to the gym. I keep using my bi-weekly colds as an excuse NOT to exercise. I've got the weights and elliptical in the basement. Should be no excuse. You can be my exercise , kay? I loved the couch potato!!!

FROG-Glad you're enjoying the new car! Sounds like you had fun at Keeno zinging the Spewer. But hey, you were just stating the facts!

MELIRIS-You are brave to be in the gym with the muscleheads. Gyms intimidate me. I am still trying to keep at BFL. As stated above, I bought the book and will read it thru. I love the cardio, just have to get into a routine with the weights. Have to stop using my colds as an excuse NOT to exercise. Sounds like you're doing well with BFL.

MELF-WTG!!! GOAL!!!! WHOOHOO!!!!! Very inspiring! Your new porch sounds lovely. Renos can be tiring. We're in the planning stages of putting an addition onto our house.

SOLSHINE-I think I picked up the pound you lost WTG in pushing the walk, even without music! I posted a tomato soup recipe on the NOV 2001 board. Page 2. Fresh Tomato Soup Provencal. It's zippier than campbell's, but real tastey!

DEBELLI-sounds like you've got a handle on what's keeping you up a pound or 2. I'm sure you'll lose it in no time now that you figured out where to cut back. Thanks for the good wishes. I'm sick of being sick. I bet PIROGEN is the same thing. PIEOSHKI too. But I agree--chicken fat--YUCK! I guess the dumpling is called different things, depending on the culture.

BIG HI to everyone else.

Think I'll take it kind of easy today. Make some chicken soup. Sounds like a plan. Hope everyone has a great SB day!
Old 01-23-2002, 12:09 PM   #65  
aka Zippy LiverFace

Thumbs down update

36 DAYS TILL REGISTRATION FOR THE WDW HALF MARATHON!!!!!!!!!!!

just in case you were wondering!

The marathon is January 12, 2003
Old 01-23-2002, 01:02 PM   #66  

Sorry I haven't been around lately. Things have been busy at work and that is when I normally get on.

Happy WIW for me. I'm down 2 which is good, especially since it is TOM. So, hopefully next wek will be just as good.

Congrats Melf! I can only imagine what a great feeling of accomplishment it is to see that number.

Here's to all the losers.

Jen
Old 01-23-2002, 04:20 PM   #67  

O.K. I am renaming WIW ----for me its Whimp Out Wensday! or WOW?! (look how fat I am?) I didn't get on or near that scale maybe 5 ft?! I can tell by my clothes that I am up but have been under some kind of controll the last 3 days-even got my tush out in the nice 40plus degrees weather and walked about 40 min. Very windy so i went home (excuse!) Just wanted to check in and say THANKS YOU for all the nice thoughts and encouragment! I needed it you have all been on my mind the last few days. I don't have time to hug and kiss you all gotta finish making the troops dinner and go to work----uggggg boring anyway...

CONGRATS MELF!!! I am soooooooo happy for you-you should be sooooo proud of you! YOu did this no one else!!!! I love before and after pics....hint hint!!

gotta scram!

Rhonda

P.S yeah for all you losers! Nace......2.5 wooooo hoooooo
Old 01-23-2002, 04:21 PM   #68  

Just a quick post...

Well, no good news but no bad news for WIW. Exactly where I was last week. I've been really good today. I'll try to journal my eats for today later on. Don't know what's on for supper.But my big news is that I actually got my rear in gear and walked today. Pick yourselves up off the floor. I know it's a shock. Every other day I have an extra thirty minutes for lunch so I walked today.

Gotta run. Check in later.
Old 01-23-2002, 05:19 PM   #69  
SUPER CHICK aka Moderator

Hey All

Have a headache and will be going to lie down in a few, but wanted to try and get in a post before I do.

Took back the two pairs of sneaks I had previously bought, so got that taken care of today. Hit the .99 CENT STORE-spent $25-never fails. The grapefruit was soooo cheap, 6/$.99, bananas 10/.99. lemons 10/.99, huge head of romaine, 6 tomatoes for .99 and some other odds and ends-definitely helps to feed the family cheaper when I can find good prices like that.

TV, dying to see your hair. I want to go way more blond, would love to see how yours turned out-why not post a pic of you, the NEW BLOND BOMBSHELL!! Don't worry about the 4lb gain, I'm sure it's not all from eating off plan this weekend, you'd of had to eat in excess of 14,000 calories, which I highly doubt you did-it's probably hormonal, fluid retention, full moon, etc...

NANCE, 2.5lbs-WTG GIRL!!! Love seeing that good news in print! Don't worry about the tele-as long as you had a good time with your sister!!

HAM, WELCOME TO THE BOARD!!! Glad you've decided to join us! CONGRATULATIONS on a great loss this week, you seem to be doing great Sorry I wasn't at chat to help answer your questions, but I'm SURE the gals took good care of you and helped you out. Never be afraid to ask any questions you may have, we're all in this big boat (or wagon) together!! Again, WELCOME!!

ZANNE, you sound like a bit of a mess-you gotta get yourself well! Good deal on the book! Hey, congrats, 2 days OP @ 100%, that's awesome!! I'll try to get that recipe for you over the next couple days, if I don't, remind me, I tend to have memory troubles due to age (can't blame it on Aspertame any more).

SOL, thanks for the WDW update-are we counting down the days?!? Hey, we should have a slumber party in the hotel in March, what do you think???

JMUIR, CONGRATS-2lbs more, that's awesome!!!

RHROO...okay, next weeks another week, just don't do what I did and stay away from the scale too long, those pesky pounds seem to crawl back on when you aren't looking!!! Hmmm, maybe I should use this as an example of WHY I SHOULDN'T PUT AWAY MY SCALE!!!

MUSIC, good job on the walking-break those new shoes in!!!! Congrats! I'm sure with the walking, you'll be seeing a loss soon!

Okay, I'm off to go lie down for a bit-I'll check in with you all later. Oh, by the way, Michael aced his AP EURO midterm, only 7-8 in the class did, so he's happy, I'm happy!!!

Please remember, TOMORROW IS RECIPE DAY so if you have any SB LEGAL RECIPES you'd like to share with the board, please try to post them tomorrow (though any day is good too).

Toodles

Debbie
194/123/129
SB since 3/22/00
Reached goal 6/10/01
Old 01-23-2002, 06:59 PM   #70  
Undercover Diva

S/C/G: 242/ticker/175

Height: 5'6"

Default HIya All

Hi Everyone!! I'm a new SBer.. been on it for 4 days now. I'm not sure what I weighed on Sunday when I started, because I don't own a scale... but today at the doctor I was 8 pounds less than I was at the end of July when I last saw her... I was 213 then, 205 today(nobody believes it because i'm tall and broad). I have a long way to go, and I'm just now having my first hard time with cravings. None until today... and now I'm dying to steal a piece of DH's birthday cake (which I didn't even want yesterday when we had the party... what gives?)
I'm a mom of 2 boys, ages 9 and 4... I'm a Firefighter, EMT-Intermediate... and part time Daycare Teacher...
I'm filling in my bored time by reading these message boards, and reading.. they keep my hands occupied so I'm not eating!!!
My husband works for Keebler, and he's gonna kill me for buying Triscuits.. but I guess the Elves will have to make something comparable! Right now my snacks are fruit (oranges), and peanuts (Low salt), and salad and LF cheese.

I'm afraid to buy even "legal" bread, because I'm afraid I won't stop at 2 slices a day... Am I supposed to be eating starchy carbs every day?

One more thing... I know we're allowed juices, but good gawd at the carbs... are they seriously ok since it's from fruit??
Old 01-23-2002, 07:48 PM   #71  
BIG ORANGE FOOTBALL RULES

EVENING EVERY BUDDY!!!

KIM...WILL YOU STOP JUMPING UP AND DOWN>>>>>YOU'RE ROCKING THE WAGON!!!!
If one is going to jump and yell, wait a minute and we'll all do it together...

CONGRATS.....MELF.....WAY....TO....GO.... I'll fix some chicken to celebrate!!!

Back to the gym tonight for 45 minutes of treadmill and cycles....I didn't sleep to well last night so I just couldn't make it for the entire hour! Anyone who wants me to pick them up in the wagon on the way to the gym, just yell...

DEB...I KNEW I WOULD WIN THAT BET!!!!! Get ready FROGGIE....we're having a Dirty Martini!!!!
I'm heading for the ME place here again on Friday night after the gym...getting to where I have to have my FRIDAY NIGHT FALAFEL!!! We missed you in chat...the one night everything is a rerun and you don't show up!!!

RHONDA....Glad to see you poke your head in....

NANCY....Buzzzzzzzzzzz me?????

WELCOME EVERYONE....stick around awhile...put your feet up...mix up some hummus ...grab a pita and chew the fat with us...

THAT EIGHTY'S SHOW IS ON TONIGHT.....FLASHBACK BOB might be BLUSHING

Sorry I can't get to everyone....I'm off to get all reclined....

BOB
Old 01-23-2002, 08:02 PM   #72  

Girls, the Quilter has a headache, so I'm going to just veg out on the couch. I will try and write to everyone later or tomorrow. Hope you all had a great day. Mine was good. Just started with this headache about 5 p.m. and it's sticking around. Yuck.

Take care, friends.
Kim
Old 01-23-2002, 10:48 PM   #73  

Hi everyone!
Just a quick note before bed. I did much better today, thanks to my angels - Quilter and Big Momma! I think I've had about 2lb weight loss. It's hard to tell because I fluctuate so much in the day. Congratulations to all who have lost and/or met goal! That is great. I would love to meet the "locals" sometime. We can do lunch (legal of course)! I am down on my walking this week. So hard to find time in my hectic schedule! Every day I say, tonite I'm going to ride that stupid bike and every nite I run out of hours in my day.
Well as Scarlett said "I'll think about that tomorrow" I think I should change my name to Scarlett, what do you think?
I have an appointment for my pedicure tomorrow! I can't wait - it is so relaxing. It was a gift from my sister.
Well all, have a great nite and great day tomorrow! I have already prepared my tuna salad, pita and yogurt to take to work for lunch so I can stay on track!
Bye!
Old 01-23-2002, 11:21 PM   #74  

Just checking in to say Hi

Had a busy day what with work, cooking dinner and going to badminton. Played about 5 games this evening and it felt like a good workout. Now I am pooped so have to get ready to hit the sack soon as I have to get up early for work again in a.m. I only had about 4 hours sleep last night as I worked a late shift yesterday and an early one to-day. We weren’t too busy yesterday evening so didn’t mind going in again this morning. Now I don’t have to worry about being asked to go in on Friday. This is the day for ping pong in the morning and badminton again in the afternoon. Almost haven’t got time to work Done o.k. with eating to-day. Haven’t even had a snack this evening so hopefully I can get to bed and sleep before I start wanting to eat again

Deb – Congratulations to Michael for doing so well in his exam. You must be a very proud momma. Let me know if there is anything you would like me to bring you in March. Same goes for any of the other gals who will be in Orlando when I am there.

This is an article I found in the newspaper yesterday and thought it was worth sharing:

CALCIUM CAN EASE SYMPTOMS OF PMS

A moderate dose of calcium twice a day is the latest trick for easing the pestering effects of PMS, according to a U.S.-based study.

The study, which looked into treatment options for PMS sufferers, was conducted by the University of Cincinnati College of Medicine under the supervision of Dr. Michael Thomas, a leading expert in the field. Thomas was in Toronto last week for a conference on women’s health.

Premenstrual syndrome affects 30-40 per cent of reproductive-age women, but Thomas says that by ingesting a relatively small amount of calcium, PMS can be controlled. He recommends taking 600 milligrams of calcium in the morning and again at night as the first in the line of defence to control PMS.

Thomas studied the effects of calcium on 466 PMS sufferers over a three-month period. Forty eight per cent of the women reported that their PMS symptoms, which include anxiety, depression, insomnia and headache, were greatly reduced.

“No one knows for sure why this seems to work but there are a lot of theories,” he says. “But calcium is used in every function of our body, from our heart to our muscles. My thought is that it helps to boost the serotonin levels.

“My main concern is that people understand what PMS is and what treatment is available to them.”

Thomas recommends women with PMS eat foods that are rich in calcium like yogurt, oranges and various dairy products. For those who are lactose intolerent, he suggests replacing dairy with a calcium pill supplement.

A big welcome to the newbies. Hope to get to know you soon.

Congratulations to all the losers this week.

Thinking of you all. Maybe I will catch up with the posts again sometime soon.

Bye

Marie
Old 01-24-2002, 01:13 AM   #75  

I DIDN'T CHEAT!

I'm soooo proud of myself! I had to put on the world premiere of a movie tonight, and there was so much temptation! I was relieved when it was all over, and we were at the VIP after party, surrounded by delicious looking food, but I stayed strong. A few cubes of cheese and some broccoli were all I nibbled on. I must admit though, I was very, very tempted. Right when I was about to give in, I looked across the room, and the younger girl from that old show Party of Five was sitting there, and she is TINY. She can't weigh more than 80 pounds soaking wet. Anyways, that was all it took. I decided that looking more like her (THIN!) was worth a whole lot more than food that would only make me feel like crap anyway. I must have some angels looking out for me somewhere. Thanks y'all!!

Stacy

PS - Thanks for all the welcomes! Y'all sure know how to make a girl feel at home!
Closed Thread