Sugar Shakers for followers of Sugar Busters and other GI based diets

View Poll Results: What 1 statement below best describes why you chose now to try and lose weight?
I have a special event that's in the near future. 0 0%
To feel healthier and live longer 7 21.88%
My Dr. told me I better do it, or else! 1 3.13%
My husband/SO encouraged me to try. 0 0%
I hated what I was seeing in the mirror 12 37.50%
My clothes didn't fit anymore 3 9.38%
Someone made a comment about my weight 1 3.13%
I just knew it was time to take charge 5 15.63%
Finally hopped on the scale and was shocked! 2 6.25%
Nothing above so I choose, OTHER 1 3.13%
Voters: 32. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 01-17-2002, 08:13 PM   #76  
BIG ORANGE FOOTBALL RULES

EVENING EVERY BUDDY!!!

BOB has been to the gym...did 45 minutes of alternating the treadmill and the life cycle then 15 min on the machines.. WHEW!!! I feel good, but I'm tired...

FROGGIE good luck on the CAR HUNT ...I love the picture...you MUST do something with the hair though

SUSAN..I have a friend who is from KEY WEST and she says they use KEY LIMES sea salt...and pepper....THEN another says she uses vinegar....

SOL...sounds like you are ready for the race...good going on the walking..Sorry I missed your little house party I'll be sure to be at the next one though..Are you going to be able to go to the beach in Oct?

RUTH...Don't worry....one thing you can count on here on our board.....WE DON'T ATTACK PEOPLE...... WE'RE SO GLAD YOU'RE GOING TO JOIN US....
Feel better so you can get started..

DEBBIE...Hope your little tootsies are better today...the rest you got last night probably help you more than you know. I'm going to a ME place tomorrow night after gym for dinner..can't wait...
Sounds like VIV is coming for a visit...lucky you..hope you all get to meet up..

MEL....I had my SQUASHING yesterday...and I'm riding the silver saddle next week...I hate this time of the year...
But at the same time...I love it when everything turns up good

SHEANN....OFFICIAL WELCOME TO YOU!!!! Glad you're here and hope you can stay...

NANCY...Those martini's ARE great... I had never had one until New Year's Eve..The olives stuffed with BLUE CHEESE really top it off...If you can come to the beach in OCT...we'll have some for sure!!!

RICKI...I love those salads too, but DEB has found one of the best COBB SALADS that I have ever eaten...it's at OLE' OLE' and I was lucky enough to try one when I visited her and ELI this summer...The dressing is the tastiest that I have ever tried..It's almost refreshing... wouldn't you say Debbie????

QUILTER...good going girl...see every day gets a little easier doesn't it...I'm plugging away down here...so don't think your out there all alone...Hope Paul is better...remember...a pinch a day from me...he'll be back to his old self in no time...

Ok...SURVIVOR is on...I've got to go...

BOB
Old 01-17-2002, 08:58 PM   #77  

Default Thank God it’s Thursday . . . who remembers that 70’s song?

Well, had another really good day. When I am up, I am really up. It’s the downs that get pretty stinky. I have a funny story that has nothing to do with weight loss. Let’s have a little diversity, shall we??? I was going to our library downtown with my boss and another co-worker. I was sitting in the backseat of my boss’ car and we were hunting for a spot at the curb. That is such a game for me. I LOVE finding great parking spots. So I was really getting into it, telling my boss to get in the left lane, no, get in the right. Oh do you see that spot down there? Stuff like that. My other friend who is sitting up front mutters to the driver, “Call her the rear airbag!” I lost it and was laughing like a hyena. Maybe you had to be there, but you have to admit, pretty clever use of terms.

I hope this Thursday was kind to all of you. If we hold on just a little longer, we’ll be at the weekend. Can’t you see it right around the corner?

SLAPHAPPY---I am going to shorten your name to HAPPY when I talk to you. Thought about calling you SLAP, but that seemed a bit negative. Anyway, hang in there. You’ll figure out these board soon enough. It’s just a matter of time until you have mastered it like these old pros. I think your meals look fine. My only question is if you are eating enough. That’s what Deb usually says.

NASCAR---Congrats on being so faithful with your walking. You are on a good roll now, just keep going!!! Remember, we are all right there with you keeping our fingers crossed for your successes.

SOLBABY---I find that really interesting about the turtleneck issue. I would drive you nuts, because from October thru March, I am most likely found in a turtleneck. The only thing is that sometime they bug the scar at the base of my neck. But they are so warm. Here’s something even weirder . . . sometimes I’m so cold at night that I sleep in one. Does that totally creep you out? Will you still be my friend? LOL I think it’s great that you do what you need to do (cut that stupid neck off the t-shirt) and get the job done. I like your outlook of not letting anything come between you and your goals. Keep going!!!! BTW, I’m so happy to hear that you are ready to have your ring sized back down. What a great feeling for you!!! Maybe while you’re in with the jeweler, you can find another little bobble to take home with you!!!

RL---Don’t listen to those people making fun of your salad lunch. They are just jealous that they don’t have such a great and yummy lunch and that they aren’t together enough to even make such a good lunch. I made a salad for supper last night and put it in a big pasta salad. Then I tried to mix it up and it was all falling out. So I got out a big mixing bowl and it fit in that. Boy, did I feel like a pig. But like you said, it stays with you until the next meal. Good going!!!!

RUTHXXX---I remember you from the chat room. Are you the Ruthxxx who is in the entry room? Welcome! Glad you have been reading up on SB. Hope you find the answers you’re looking for here. Don’t worry about saying what you’re thinking on this board. Everything here is said in kindness. You don’t have to fear getting jumped on here.

VIVDEAR---So glad to hear that you dropped three pounds!!! That’s great. See, there are brighter days ahead and one of them is already here. That’s great. You are so smart to use that time at the hockey rink for your fitness. I can imagine the woman’s bad comments about herself would have been upsetting. I used to make those kinds of comments thinking it made me the “jovial fat chick,” but all it did was make me pathetic. I don’t know why people whose self images are already low, feel the need to squash themselves even more. I love our IMs too.

NANCE---It was good to read your post. Glad to hear that your life is good and all the family unit is doing well. How’s the weather out west? I’ll bet it’s warmer there than here. I’m relieved to know that you like your new job and the people you work with. That’s cool.

SHEANN---Okay, girlfriend, you are my coach/lurker/angel tomorrow. And do you have your work cut out for you!!! LOL It’s my day off and if I’m home by myself, I like to snack. So, you’d better get out your bullhorn and keep telling me to STRAIGHTEN UP!!!

MUSIC---You are woman hear you roar!!!!! Way to go on givin gthat birthday cake the cold shoulder. That’s so great. I can relate with the chocolate calling. I even think it’s got my email address!!! But you chose the oranges. GREAT CHOICE!!! The choc may have tasted good, but it would have left you with guilt and too much sugar in you and all that ick!!! You were so wise.

BOB---Way to go at the gym!!! Sounds like you were burning up the place. Nice going! Hey did Skeeter get the ecard from Maddie??? How’s he feeling? Thanks for the encouragement. You are right. Everyday does get easier. Tonight was the first night I came home from work and ate something right away. Tummy was making some strange sounds and grumblings. I couldn’t figure out if I was hungry or going to upchuck. Luckily the snack did the trick. But I am trying to break that habit of gorging as soon as I get in the door. Hey, do you just love Ethan after seeing tonight’s episode of Survivor. What a honey! How he would always be home at 11 p.m. to carry his sick father upstairs. Wow, what a catch. You know, BOB, younger men are groovy. Maybe you should write him a letter. :-) (Or maybe you already have??)

Well, that’s it from this end. Hope all is well with each of you. Sorry for missing some of you. I have to confess that I was watching Survivor while doing this post. I’ll try better tomorrow.

Take care.
Kim
Old 01-17-2002, 09:19 PM   #78  

Hi everyone!
My first question, is how in the heck do you all remember everyone!!!!! My brain is not that good, so the one I remember and have to comment on is to Mel and the Mammogram post - that was entirely too funny, especially since I just had one last week, and it is still fresh. I have to have mammo's every 3 months because I had a Breast Reduction last year and now have a few lumps (they are nothing, but they want to watch them). So anyway, I really enjoyed that!
I have a question for the experts: Today I had eggs/bacon/cheese for bfast and grilled cheese for lunch (on Natures Own SGWW S/F- 2 slices and some plain yogurt w/all fruit and splenda. Then for dinner, I had a sub from Publix on whole wheat sub roll (6"). Was that way to much bread for the day? Did I blow my whole day eating that sub?? I did walk 1.5 miles.
Ok, so here's some info about me: I live in DeLand, Florida - which is half way between Daytona Beach and Orlando. I am a nurse in a Long Term Care Facility (administration). I am married with a soon to be 6 year old boy and a 10 month old dog. I am 5'2" 165lbs. Most of my weight being in my bellie. I love pizza and will have to find a way to have legal pizza! I have not been real fat concious so far this week - just trying not to eat sweets or white bread/grains, etc. Is there a limit to the number of fruits you can have? I saw the food pyramid on the SB site and it said somehting like 6 bread servings a day (WW). Surely thats not correct for weight loss?
Ok, well I guess this is long enough!!
Good Luck to the girl (forgot name) looking for the job - what is it that you do?
and to the one looking for the car - good luck also, I just bought a used car, and its turning out to be a lemon!
Bye!!!!
Sue I just love these little guys!
Old 01-17-2002, 10:04 PM   #79  

Thumbs down

hi girls,

just checking in to see how everyone is doing. had a fairly good legal week so far, but have not had a significant loss in awhile. it seems i either stay the same or gain 1 then lose 2. i guess i am just a little bummed and was hoping for better numbers on the scale. i did throw out the scale in my home sometime ago (i used to keep it in the kitchen for inspiration) but i do try to weigh once a week in the recovery room before the patients come in. i am trying really hard not to get upset and then really go off the wagon, i should know better not to let those numbers get the best of me. HELP!

have been really busy the last 2 days at work and have been getting home late, am hoping for a relaxing weekend. will be going out for a chick nite friday with 2 sugarbusting buddies, dinner and a movie. daughter sarah (9years) has plans to take daddy to see harry potter. then saturday will head to orlando to see Big Knight at school to drop off cough, cold supplies and his bike.(may try to call you sonya) plans include lunch at Hops and a womens college basketball game at UCF.

hope all of you have a great weekend,

chris

p.s. big news, my bp and glucose levels continue to drop, i have cut my insulin down by one-half!!!!! so i guess in spite of no loss for awhile my improved WOE is working! back to the doctor next month, he is very pleased.
Old 01-17-2002, 10:21 PM   #80  
SUPER CHICK aka Moderator

Hi All

WOW! I feel like I've been on a long vacation, it's so unlike me to be home and not be posting several times a day on the board-you all must know this was a killer for me!

I've been feeling "weird" yesterday and today. Not sure what's happening with me, not feeling sick, just blah, mostly tired. Like I mentioned before, I went to sleep at 8pm last night and basically slept until around 6am. I went to take Michael to school, was all dressed to go from my walk/jog and just had no desire to go, so got undressed and crawled back in bed (didn't sleep, just lying next to the big guy). ALSO, I've been so overly hungry lately, though everything I've been eating is SB LEGAL, it's the amounts that are enormously being over eaten. Needless to say, the scale is way up there, with a gain of 5.5 pounds from my low. Granted, TOM is due today, but I think some of that is due to massive food amounts. I'm hoping to be feeling back to my old self by tomorrow-and I have to stop eating so much crap!

I went shoe shopping, found two pairs, have to decide on one, but still going one more place to look before making a decision-it's been difficult and I hate having to buy something I don't like-there are NO BLACK RUNNING SHOES for women! I have to keep telling myself-DON'T LOOK DOWN!!!!

I made a LIME CHIFFON PIE I think it came out pretty good, worth posting the recipe on the board (when I get a chance). Of course, I ate half the pie already

Well, I'm going to do my best to answer as many posts as I can-so bear with me guys, I had to copy the entire board and do this off line!

FROG, I am THRILLED to see you had such wonderful news on the scale!! WOO HOO! CONGRATULATIONS!!! How've you been feeling since you've gotten those nasty drugs out of your system? Honestly, I didn't know what type of shoes I had on-just that they were BLACK! I've walked in basketball shoes for years-just because they were BLACK! Trying on running shoes has been an experience, that I hate! I don't like the feel, the color, the style-UGH! Hey, one thing at a time, can't give up the cotton wear yet. You'll have to put me in a State Mental Institute if I try to change too many things at once! All 3 places you posted, I went to and didn't find a thing. I could never buy a pair of shoes on line unless I tried them on locally, most shoes didn't fit me right, too tight, arch hit wrong, etc. etc. I thin I have a pair of shoes that I bought today that may not have enough room in the toe, and may have to go back. The other shoes, well, lets see if I keep them-why am I so picky??? I promise, come NC, I'll have the right shoes! Oh, and I ain't running up any hills, down is okay, but not up! LOVED THE PIC!!!

SEF, YEAH! I'm so glad you liked the CHEESECAKE! I'm glad it was a hit with the church ladies, as well as you-makes me feel good when someone likes something I suggest

BOB, if I keep 1 of the 2 pairs of shoes-you'll be throwing that money out on the bar to buy FROG that drink! BUT ALAS, you know me well, it's killing me to have to pay that kind of $$$ for a pair of shoes, one of the reasons they won't be coming out of the bag just yet-haven't had time to scoure all the bargains out there. BUT, my feet are getting the worst of it and I may just have to bite the bullet and give in, just this once!

QUILTER, glad you liked the MM message-all RM's insights are wonderful. I was in touch with Suzanne regarding the board and telling her about our wonderful get together in Orlando and how we were going to have one in NC. She said that sounded fun, and how we are all such a friendly bunch on the board, how she tried to have one in the UK while she was there and it didn't work out, etc. etc and I think I just invited her! I'm sure she would be a great "guest" to have with us and we'd probably get some great insight on the board, as well as being much more appreciative of it and all the work she does to keep it going-just think, without her, we wouldn't have this board, or each other! WTG on the lunch you went out for-you do have the power to say no, and you have the power to make this work!!!! Hey, I have the same calendar!!!!!!

MEL, CONGRATS for keeping at your new low! WTG! Thanks for your insight on the shoes as well-I'M TRYING! Agave last 5 years? Not in this house. Did you order anything else from FF? Loved the article you posted!!!

BIGK, missed chat as well Umm, maybe your daughter gets her procrastination from your friend down here in Miami as well-it seems to be my middle name! So I hear you'll be visiting QUILTER in Cin City? That's wonderful, you're going to love her!!!!

WAFRA, as I mentioned above, the ZUCCHINI LOAF CAKE is on one of the old recipe boards-just need to find it in the SEARCH, if not, will get you the right board-just can't do it now, as I'm typing this off line and don't have a way to look as I write this.

SHEANN, CONGRATULATIONS on the 5lb loss-that's awesome! Don't ever give up, it's too easy. Stay with this WOE and you will continually be rewarded. I guarantee if you come to NC, you'll love being with all the gals! Did you ask the HFS if they could order a case of agave for you from their distributor?

MUSIC, don't worry about the scale being up 1lb-I'm up 5.5lbs! I try not to fret about it, I know it will go back down, as I'm sure the scale will do the same for you Hope that little girl is okay. I hate motorcycles and I hate when kids are put on them.

THUNDER, 8lbs by your bday-you can do it! That's a goal that you can achieve-I'm here rooting for you!

JMUIR, congrats on finding the agave-now what are you going to use it in making? Ummm, be careful with those cookies, they may not be totally legal! The ZUCCHINI LOAF CAKE has been on the board for a long time, just go to SEARCH, type in ZLC (long way) search on the SB BOARDS only and it should come up on the recipe board-if you can't find it, just let me know and I'll find the exact board for you.

KAREN, sounds cheap for the agave! Good price, I think. I've heard of SS, but haven't tried it-seems very expensive to me. It may be like some of the other stuff out on the market, but really, not sure. Let us know if you try it, or if someone you know does!

ZANNE, hmmm, maybe I could dye the shoes black if the marker didn't work! LOL!

SOL, let me know what kind of shoes you get. I'll look for your review. I guess when you send in your $$$ for the Marathon, I will too. So do you like the falafels I brought up? Didn't know, since you said they were spicer, didn't know if that was good, or not. Still have leftovers???

NASCAR, I'm sure you'll have a loss-just keep OP and it will come!!!! Honestly, I can't tell you how you would sub agave with Splenda since I've never tried doing so, don't know how it would affect not only the taste, but the dynamics of the recipe. Guess you could experiment?

VIV, sorry to hear about the job, but I'm sure something bigger and better will come along for you. I think everything happens for a reason and this is probably just a stepping stone to something better to come along. Strange about the plane tickets-hey, let me know if you're coming down!!

GATOR, do wish the scale was hidden before yesterday, hate seeing it up, BUT, I haven't done it yet-hey, it's been stressful enough looking for shoes!!!

PRAVDA, CONGRATULATIONS! That's an awesome weight loss! WTG! SF Ice Cream, I try to stay away from that stuff, too many additives, I'd go for the regular Breyers, Vanilla or Coffee. Some of the sugar grams are from sugar, some naturally occuring from the milk. With the SF, same, some from milk, some from sugar alcohols, if they use those in them. I honestly don't suggest stuff like that when you are new to SB, the sweetness sometimes makes you crave more sweets, so at least for a few weeks, I say to try to stay away from it, but if it doesn't bother you, just make sure it's only on occasion. Continued success!!!

TV, I'm right up there with you on the scale, so we're both in good company. When will you get the results from your thyroid test?

RHROO, I should follow your lead and stay off the scale for a week, hmmm, maybe after tomorrow??

FILLISE, okay, okay, I shall listen to the QUEEN ON SOUL! Yes, she can talk sternly to me and get away with it, just on this ONE occasion though. I have to keep up apperances, you know!

NANCE, miss you girl! What's new? We MUST get in a phone chat-it's been too long. Just looked at the pics of when we were together last-had such a good time. Have you heard from LDBLOND????

SLAPHAPPY (going to shorten you to HAPPY). I don't know what your current weight is, so it's hard to say if you are eating enough from your menus you listed, but off the top I will guess you aren't. If you want me to help you figure this out, just e-mail me with your current and goal weight. Congrats on getting the walking in-it definitely helps. Hmm, not sure about those Atkins shakes-can you list the ingredients? If you can, better to eat the orange than drink the juice. Think about how many oranges it takes to get that much juice, and that's without the benefits of the fiber in the fruit.

TREE, my CRUSTLESS SPINACH QUICHE is wonderful for lunch! Lunches are so easy, esp. if you have one of those hot thermos things, easy to take just about anything in them, cold or hot!

RLSIMON, so you like the SS? How do you find it different than other sweeters? Did you think it was worth the price?

RUTH, welcome back! Correct on the fruit, I don't follow low GI carbs with meals and water is definitely a must on any WOE-one thing I should drink more of myself!!!

Sorry guys, that's going to have to be it for me tonight. Eli's due to walk in the door any minute and I've been on the computer for 1 1/2 hours trying to play catch-up. Hoping tomorrow I'll get on here a few times. Have some cleaning to get done, having Lauren's bday party with her friends Sat. night, family over Sunday evening. House is not staying clean as I intended, but not so bad that it will take me forever to whip it into shape.

Will "see" you all tomorrow!

Night!

Debbie
194/123.5/129
SB since 3/22/00
Reached goal 6/10/01
Old 01-17-2002, 11:03 PM   #81  

Hey DEB, I found those recipes for you. Just thought since you were so busy, I'd lend a hand. :-)

DEB’S CRUSTLESS SPINACH QUICHE can be found on the May/June 2000 Recipe Board

DEB’S ZUCCHINI LOAF CAKE is on the August 2000 Recipe Board

Enjoy!!!
Kim
Old 01-17-2002, 11:31 PM   #82  
sef

HiedieHo All!!!

Okay! Now I know! The old gray mare ain't what she used to be!!!!!

I went to gym today. Worked on one of those reclining bikes, upper arm machione, abs strengthener and back one. Not very long, but I do know I did something!!!!!!

Tomorrow my church group is going to Windsor Court for High Tea. That's the place Bush stayed out while visiting New Orleans. Hope there is something I can eat!!

Too tired to answer posts. Will try tomorrow night, Board has been so busy I can't keep up!!!! Go Girls!!!!! Take care, sef
Old 01-18-2002, 06:32 AM   #83  

Default Hey, is this still FITNESS FRIDAY?

Good Morning All!!! Whew, it’s a sleepy one here today, but I’m about to get on the TM since it’s my day off. That made me think to share something from on online newsletter I get. It’s from About.com and I find her articles on walking and fitness very helpful.

Building the Walking Habit
With a new year, century, and millennium commit yourself to better health, fitness, and a body you love. To make this a reality, we have tools you can use to help you build and keep your walking habit.

There are four facets to setting up a new habit for a lifetime.
• First, clear and realistic goals.
• Second, keeping yourself on a schedule so that the habit sticks.
• Third, monitoring your progress and rewarding yourself for success.
• Fourth, keeping it interesting.

Setting Your Goalsl

The essentials of a good fitness goal are:

* Realistic: The goal should be challenging, but realistically achievable. Don't set you sights too low, but also don't set yourself up for failure.
* Measurable: Your goal should be stated in a way that can be measured. How many miles a week? How many pounds or inches to lose? What 10K distance time? Finishing a marathon by what date?
* Dated: Set dates by which you will attain the goal and intermediate goals along the way.
* Written down: Your goal should be made concrete so you can review it.
* Track your progress: Keep your goal in sight and see what steps you are making towards attaining it.
* Celebrate success: Along the way when you reach new milestones, it is time to celebrate. And when you achieve your overall goals, don't hold back - reward yourself.

Setting realistic and measurable goals: You will have to know how fit you are now and what is possible. For weight loss, do not set a goal of losing more than 1-2 pounds a week or 5-10 pounds a month, and plan for plateaus along the way. For increasing speed and distance, plan for increasing no more than 10-15% a week in order to prevent injury and allow muscles to repair and build. Visit our Fitness Toolbox for fitness analysis and our Weightloss Toolbox for calculators for basal metabolic rate, calorie burning, meal planning and more.

Dating Your Goals: One of the best ways to set a date in concrete is to apply it to a major walking event. If you want to be able to walk a certain distance or have a speed goal, find an upcoming walking event and register for it. Walking Event Calendars and Marathon Calendars. Not only will this make the goal concrete, it will also reward you for attaining it, especially if you register for an event at a great destination you've been wanting to visit.

Making and Keeping a Schedule
Repetition is the key to building a habit. Making a schedule and tracking it is essential to your walking program.

How often to walk:

* A minimum should be 3-4 times per week (every other day).
* If you a training for speed or distance, your faster/longer days should be alternated with easy/slow days and you can walk 6 days a week with one day of non-walking.

When to walk: You must find the time of day that best suits your schedule and lifestyle.

* Many people find walking first thing in the morning to be best - they don't procrastinate or get too busy and just skip it as they do later in the day.
* Others incorporate a walking workout into their work day by walking at breaks or lunches or right after work.
* Still others walk in the afternoon or evening and clear their mind after a hard day at work or at home.

Partners

* One of the best ways to make and keep a schedule is to do it with a walking partner. One of the best motivators to get out the door is to have somebody waiting for you.
* Don't limit yourself to humans - dogs are some of the best and most motivating partners.
* Human walking partners can be found through walking clubs or weightloss groups.

Here’s the link to get to this article:
http://walking.about.com/library/weekly/aa010200a.htm
There is so much more on here than I could copy and paste. Lots of LINKS and some forms to use.

To sign up for newsletters like this one, go here:
http://home.about.com/newsletters1.htm

Okay, well, I’d better go get “the old man” up and moving so I can get my rear on that TM and do some damage. Talk to you all later. Have great days!

Take care!
Kim
Old 01-18-2002, 06:43 AM   #84  
Sonya

Talking NEWS FLASH!!!!!!!!!

Good morning everyone!!!!

Well this is unusual for me to be up this early but I just had to tell you all.....I'm pregnant!!!!! We are so so so happy!!!!! We've been waiting on this for 3 years since the last misscarriage. This way of eating has been my lifesaver in more ways than one!!! Also I lost another lb in the last couple of days and that puts my weight lose at 59 lbs!! I guess its not from being able to eat very much at a time with being nausiated on and off thru the day. I'm 6 1/6 to 7 weeks right now. I guess my weight lose will slow down now and I'll probably gain some..but I'm not complaining. Just as long as I don't gain anything but baby weight. Anyway I just had to tell you all.

mel I love the mammogram thingy..I'm going to be the big 40 in March and the hubby has already told me to start planning mine. Now I know what I have to look forward to!!!!

viv sorry about the job lose but something better will come up. You don't have to put up with that from any boss I don't care who they are!!! Will be praying for you.

Deb thanks so much for the encouragement it means a lot to me. Good luck with the shoe hunting. And I made the cheesecake to and it is YUMMY.

Hope everyone has a great day!!!!!!

Started SB July 1, 2001
265/206/155ish 59 lb lose so far!!!!
Old 01-18-2002, 07:03 AM   #85  

TGIF!!!

So - Friday facts are now Friday funnies!! I like that..

And Mel - I forgot to mention that your mammogram post was just hysterical.. I sent it to all my sisters and had a good laugh. I have had lumps (all benign) since I was 30 so its a once or twice a year "adventure". I will save that one.

I have a "funny" - what does it mean when you stick up your little finger? Its what you send when you don't send the very best... I can't even remember where I first heard that!

Didn't sleep too well last night - but it is FRIDAY!! Yeah.. Anyone have any ideas for legal takeout? I usually don't cook Friday nights (its a carryover from when I was a kid..) and I never know what to get when I'm on SB.

Thunderwoman - CONGRATULATION on your pregnancy!! How wonderful for you. And I'm sure SB will help you and the baby stay healthy during and afterward..

BOB - what is Ole Ole? I don't think we have them here in Denver. Tell me more about that dressing. I normally buy Paul Newman olive oil and vinegar or else a "Light Done Right" brand - but a cobb salad sounds wonderful.

Deb - Your mood is probably PMS. I know that I ate like a horse when I still had it (since my hysterectomy a LONG time ago I no longer go thru that) but feel proud of yourself that you didn't eat anything illegal. And you know the wt will come off fast (new weight comes off faster than old weight - a Simon truism!!) and the Somersweet is too expensive - I agree - especially when you add shipping and handling. But - it doesn't have an aftertaste at all. I have been using Splenda before this and I think the Somersweet is better. Plus you can use it for baking. I plan to try more recipes.

Kim - the goal setting tips are great!! I need to really become more committed to my routine. It seems to be the first thing that goes when I don't get enough sleep.

Sef - High tea sounds very ENGLISH. Tell us all about it. I really got into tea and English china two years ago when I visited a neat place called Mollys Tea Room in Medina Ohio. Now I have a bunch of teapots and even bought a curio to put them in.

Ladies - tell me more about the lurker on the shoulder approach. Can I just choose someone or will someone volunteer to be mine?

Need to get ready for work now.. Will check in later.
Ricki
Old 01-18-2002, 07:33 AM   #86  

Default Friday

Morning ladies!
It's raining here in GA today. I had a rough night last night woke up with a belly ache! Sure hope I'm not gettiing that stomach virus that is going around
Walked yesterday so I do feel more energetic. I think I'm gonna try to get back in the swing of early AM walking. I'm off today, so I will hop on the treamill soon!

Thunder - Congrads on the pregnany!!! I hope to be that way soon myself!

Happy - welcome to the board! It's hard to remember everyone I have that problem too, but after a while you will remember us!

Grr... trying to post and having to use Juno today msn is down... this is a awful co. do not recommend it, it keeps popping up adds over my 3 Fc site and messing me up!

Deb - hang in there you may be getting the ole bug that is going around, I felt that way for 2 weeks and finnally had to go to dr. and get some meds. It later turned to sinus/cough etc.!
Gonna get off of this x!x! Juno Have a great day everyone!

Old 01-18-2002, 08:20 AM   #87  
aka Zippy LiverFace

I sneaked on the scale today – 196!!!!!!! I’m almost back to where I was before I got laid off! I also measured and I’m down nearly ½ inch in almost every place! The girls are the same size. Vince is glad. Men! Gotta love ‘em!

NASCAR – My Dr. didn’t know why I couldn’t lose weight (I gained 2 lbs. on that cabbage soup diet!) He sent me to an endocrinologist who noted that my insulin levels are very high trying to keep my blood sugar normal. She’s the one who put me on SB and Glucophage and diagnosed me with PCOS. Congrats on the walking! Are you going to try to do the WDW marathon with us next year? It would be great fun! Then you can come back down for the Daytona 500!

RUTHXXX – A lot of the girls here have read Montignac and other books and take the best from all of them to be successful. DEBBIE is a big Montignac fan. I’m going to have to order the book from Interlibrary Loan ‘cause they don’t have it at mine. We’re all very honest, but in a supportive way, here. Hope you feel better soon – this WOE will certainly help keep you healthy since you get all your fruits and veggies and fiber on it.

VIV – I know what you mean about being busier while out of work! I hardly had time to get on the board when I wasn’t working. When I was on line it was on monster.com, hotjobs.com, etc.. I’m jealous that you get to go see DEBBIE – If it’s over a week-end I may have to see if I can cruise down and crash the party.

SHEANN – I’ll post the recipe for that taco mix on the recipe board this week-end. It really is good!

MELIRIS – I’ll gladly sit on your shoulder, but you have to sing out lout with me to the walkman – the more off key, the better. I don’t want you to make me sound worse than I already am! I don’t follow the fruit rule either. I don’t think I’ve ever had a problem with it except for this one dish we made with Granny Smith apples cooked in with the sausage and OMG! I had to keep everyone out of my office that day – not to mention feeling VERY nauseous all day. We don’t fix that recipe anymore.

MUSIC – WAY TO GO!!! I always struggle with those goodies that people bring in. Thankfully that’s pretty much gone with the new year. All the girls are on diets (1/2 of them on that cabbage soup diet) YUK!

BOB – YOU DA WOMAN!!! WAY TO GO AT THE GYM!! I’m finally starting to look forward to my time working out. It’s been very slow coming, but I know I would miss it if I had to skip a day now. I’ve also noticed the tape measure moving down on the number scale even if the one eyed monster doesn’t appear to agree. You ARE going to be here for the WDW Marathon next year, AREN’T YOU???? I don’t know if I’ll be able to make it in October. We’re going whitewater rafting with my parents this summer, to Texas for Thanksgiving and then registering for the marathon…. I might not have the $$$ or the time off. I am certainly going to try, though! Didn’t you mention Publix carries a delicious frozen pizza that’s SB legal? What was it?

QUILTER – Isn’t it amazing how we can be so very different and so very similar at the same time on this board? I think you’re NUTS for loving those smothering, encasing, claustrophobia-enticing straight jackets, but, hey! it’s your neck. You’d have to shoot me to keep me from being your friend and watching what you eat and ribbing you. LOL

HAPPY – I cheat! I open Word while I have the thread open and I flip back and forth between reading the posts and posting my replies. (This also helps minimize losing posts and what I want to say) I have very short term memory problems and this way I can say what I want to say before I forget. Way to go on the walking!!! Are you going to join us for the marathon??? <nudge, nudge> I don’t know about that Publix bread. Many breads they claim are wheat are really white flour with some wheat flour waved over it. I stick to what I KNOW is SB legal. If I eat off plan – I plan it and know it! MELF has posted a zucchini crust pizza recipe on one of the recipe boards and it’s MOLICIOUS (as BOB says!). Do a search on it and if you can’t find it I’ll see if I can. I think there’s a few other pizza alternatives there too. BOB mentioned Publix carrying a new type of pizza that’s legal, too, I think. I’m in Casselberry. BKM, ZsuZsu and GatorGal are all in the Central Florida area, too!

BKM – Please do call me! I have to hang out for a bit on Saturday waiting for Reggie the Roofer and I’m going shopping for new walking shoes, but I can plan that around the opportunity to see my wonderful new friend!

DEBBIE – I’ve got ants in my pants to register. Wanna send in our stuff this week-end?? I’m gonna go to the Track Shack to get my shoes. They’re all runners and they KNOW shoes and feet. I’ll probably get Saucony because I have really wide feet and those felt really good in the girl’s version – I normally have bought guy’s shoes in the past because of how big they are. My momma always says, “This too shall pass.” You know what it’s like to be out of control and you won’t let yourself get there. You probably need a break – a body vacation. Remember what happened last time you took a mini break? Your time went way down!! You’ll be back to what you consider ‘normal’ soon. You had had a big dip in weight. Your metabolism could’ve been readjusting.

THUNDER – AWESOME NEWS!!!! CONGRATS!!!

Time to work – sorry I won’t get to everyone! Have a great day!!!
Old 01-18-2002, 09:01 AM   #88  

Default MISSION ACCOMPLISHED!!!

Okay, I’m back. Did 27 minutes on the treadmill this morning. Not a record, but I’m slowly building. Now I’m supposed to be cleaning our bedroom, but would rather talk with you all. I’ve got Bessie Smith playing in the background sipping a cup of tea. And life is good. But that bedroom is still looming over head.

HAPPY---Don’t get yourself down by trying to remember us all at once. Just give yourself time. You will get to know us. And naturally, I think we all get closer to different individuals depending on our interests and common bonds. So before you know it, you’ll even know our hubbies’ names and our kids names and for some of us our dogs’ names. LOL Just glad that you are taking part.

BKM---Remember, don’t give those numbers on that scale more power than they deserve. If the scale is not willing to show a change, just think of all those good things that are going on inside your body. Your heart is happier. And it sounds like your blood sugar levels are doing the happy dance. Personally, I’m looking at a particular pair of jeans and looking forward to the day I can get into them. They were my last resort (highest size) of jeans and now they are too tight and that really shrinks my choices of what to wear. Are you a recovery room nurse??? I love recovery room nurses. When I had my thyroid surgery in September, when I woke up there were at least five people standing over my bed talking to me. Then when I really started to wake up there were two nurses just sitting at the foot of my bed quietly watching me. How reassuring!!! I felt pretty darn special. They were so nice. See, another bond we have!!! Remind me to tell you a funny story about what I did when I was waking up. Nothing gross.

DEB---Sorry to hear that you aren’t feeling well. I sure hope it’s just PMS and that you are not coming down with something. That would be the pits!!! Sounds like your body is “telling” you to eat since you’ve been high on intake. But really, who in their right mind wouldn’t eat half a keey lime pie. I sure would do my very best to tackle that job! How are your feet today? Hope those tootsies are better. Maybe Eli needs to give you a pedicure. Okay, have you stopped laughing yet? Maybe just a foot rub would help.

SEF---I’m picturing something really fancy for the high tea. That sounds right up my alley. I love all things British!!! My favorite tea was when I was shopping at Fortnum & Mason in London. You wouldn’t believe the spread they brought out. But that was many years ago and manay pounds ago for that matter. I can’t wait to hear all about it.

BOB---How’s that gym treating you? Are you posting your efforts on the exercise board? All that work, you should really talk about it as much as you can. What kind of greens are you cooking this weekend? A friend at work and I were talking about pressure cookers. I thought of you. Do you think I should put that on my wish list? What kind of good? What kind do you have? Hey, have I told you how much I LOVE those BORN shoes you found for me in L’ville??? OMIGOSH, they are the MOST comfortable shoes I own. I would wear them everyday if I could. And I think of you every time I put them on. Another good reason to goshopping with good friends you don’t see often.

THUNDER---Congrats on the new baby coming. That’s so exciting. I’m truly happy for you and your family. When does that mean you’re due? He or she will have a lot of skinny aunties on this board!

RL---I am truly with you on needing to set goals. But that’ is definitely NOT one of my strong points. Right now I am just trying to be consistent in doing “something” in terms of exercise. But it’s not easy. I think of SOLSHINE and how she’s got that really big goal (the WDW half) shining out there for her. What a great idea. I will turn 45 in November and am thinking I need to set a goal for that little turning point. Just keep moving, girlfriend. We’ll get there!!!

SOL---WAY TO GO!!!! You must be so excited. Down on the scale and the tape measure!!! That’s great!!! Your hard work is paying off. You cracked me up mentioning “the girls”. I am so slow. First I thought, “I didn’t know she was in an exercise group other than this one.” Then I thought, “Does she have any children?” DUH!!! You are too funny. One more thing about the turtleneck and I’ll drop it. To me I find almost a security in them. Plus, It’s so cold here. I am always freezing. Maybe if I was living next door to you in sunny FL, I’d feel as you do. LOL

Well, I’m meeting two very good friends for lunch. The three of us have known each other for almost 20 years and it’s been quite a while since all three of us have been together. They’ve had busy years. One had bc and the other left her husband for a few months but is now back. My life is boring and that’s just the way I like it. Have FABULOUS FRIDAYS!!!!

DEB, where are you???????????????????

Take care.
Kim
Old 01-18-2002, 09:02 AM   #89  
karen3000

Good Friday to all!

We have finally had some snow here and it's a beautiful, sunny, BRIGHT day out. Just what January is supposed to be here. I'm not a snow lover, but by now spring is just around the corner, so it's not so bad. At least the kids will have something to do - they get off at noon today and are off Monday for MLK day.

RICKI - thanks for the info on Somersweet. I might splurge and try it. Even if it is expensive, if it works then it's worth it. What's your favorite recipe from her book?

ZANNE - thanks for the comments on Joyce Vedral. I had checked out her site and didn't really want to pay the price for her books, but there were used ones on Amazon. I got the Fat Burning Workout to start. There are videos to go with it if I really get into it. Just have to get my butt going. I've been having a lot of problems with stiffness in my neck (slept on it way wrong at a hotel 2 weeks ago) that won't go away, so I just don't have that urge to get exercising. I know, bad, bad, bad!

THUNDER - Super news!!!! I'm so happy for you and your husband! Yes, this WOE is supposed to correct some of those reproductive "problems", so you may be proof of that. All the best during this exciting time!

Hi to everyone else - sorry I'm not speaking to everyone individually. It's my day off and I have a lot of errands to run this a.m. before I have to pick up DS at school at 11:40.

Catch you all later!

Karen

Old 01-18-2002, 09:57 AM   #90  
SUPER CHICK aka Moderator

Good Friday Morning All

Well, I think I'm out of whatever the funk I was in I don't know why I was feeling so tired and out of it, but whatever the cause, it seems it's gone, thank goodness.

The scale is up again! I'm up 6lbs from my low, and I think I know why, actually, I know I know why, but seems I just didn't want to acknowledge the FACT of why. Those of you who've been on the board for a long time know of my past 2 experiences with Splenda in large amounts. For those of you who don't have a clue what I am talking about, I'll reiterate a little to explain...twice, in the past, I made some desserts made with Splenda, both were pies and both, as usual, I ate like a pig in a short period of time. Both times I had a large weight gain. I figured out it was the Splenda, which I normally never use in anything I ever make (last time was probably a year ago that I used any, if not longer). Anyhow, there's very little processed foods I use that have Splenda in it-I try my hardest to stay away from the artificial stuff, but esp. Splenda, due to the MALTODEXTRIN in it. Anyhow, the CARBOLITE has Splenda in it and I've been hogging on it lately, esp. the two times last week when I had a LARGE, so add almost a daily jaunt to Norman Bros. for a small almost daily besides that. I believe this is in part, the reason I've seen such a jump on the scale. I know it's not JUST the Splenda, because I've been hitting more SB LEGAL JUNK than ever before as well, which I acknowledge, but I'm sure the Splenda is playing a large factor as well. Anyhow, I know what has to be done and have vowed to turn things back around today. Not til we hit Broward sometime next week will I have any Carbolite, and I'm going to curtail the SB LEGAL JUNK that I've been eating, like the CRANBERRY SCONES-they've been overly addictive and even though I know all the ingredients are SB LEGAL, I haven't a clue on the caloric/nutrition information, so I could be eating 25grams of fat in one of those scones, and some days, I've been eating more scones than one! So today, I'm back to journaling, back to being 100% OP without eating any SB LEGAL JUNK and back to my positive attitude.

Oh yes, and I've also been not eating as much fiber as I usually do. Can't find my Asian pears, and the berries are so expensive these days-so I think that too has effected me, in more ways than one

I was able to get in my walk/jog today, though I went slower than I thought, 48:29 for the 4.5 miles. It's 100% humidity here today and the weather is overcast and foggy with rain in sight-going to be back into the 80's again down here-yuck!!

I have a 2 very large volunteer projects coming up in the next few months for Michael's school. The magnet he's in just does one major fund raiser all year and it's coming up the end of March, for 10 days we need people to commit to work the Ericcson Tennis Tournament. They pay our foundation $9 an hour for each person who works and it's up to me to get the volunteers to commit AND show up. THEN, come May, the kids have IB EXAMS and it's up to me to find proctors to over see them when they take the exams. Last year worked out great, but we didn't have the Ericcson to worry about-so I'm hoping I'll be able to pull both off without a hitch.

BOB, OMG, we went to Ole Ole Wednesday and I don't know why, but the salad just seemed better than ever! We had a new server who was great-Eli and I went through 4 bowls of salsa! Yes, I do agree with you, the dressing is awesome! Let me know what you end up having at the ME place. Have a new place to take you for falafels when you come next time-hopefully, they'll still be open! SHORTY'S is calling your name as well!!!

QUILTER, I can imagine you giving directions in the car! We both thought about naming SLAPHAPPY just HAPPY, so I guess the name will stick. I have to tell you, even though I've said it before, I love having you back on the board! Not only due to the fact of knowing you are back on the right track, but just your humor and insight you bring to the board daily makes me smile I can't wait til we have our get together so the other gals can see just how great you really are in real life-at least BIGK will know after you two meet up! Hey girl, thanks for the help on finding the recipes for the gals-you're such a kind soul!!! Thanks for sharing that article. I actually get them in my e-mailbox, but I never have time to read them and end up deleting them. Yes, Eli DOES need to give me a foot rub, he's been lacking lately (but good excuse, working long hours and late).

HAPPY, like QUILTER said, you'll be like an old pro in no time, and getting to know everyone will come in due time, you'll see For the bread, you should try to keep your starchy carbs (cereal, bread, pasta, rice, sweet potato, etc) limited to 2-3 a day. When I make a sandwich with the SF bread, I slice mine in half with a really good serated knife (as well as a steady hand), so I make one piece into 2. As for the Publix sub, I personally wouldn't eat it, highly doubt it's SB LEGAL, check the ingredients, but not only that, whether you had a 1/2 or whole sub, it's still too much bread, probably a few ounces, vs the 1 ounce that a serving of bread should be. Also, you have to check the deli they put on their subs, most have sugars of some sort in them (but I do know some of the Boars Head does not, I'm talking more about the cheaper stuff). So, just be careful-being a good label reader will help you out in the long run. Congrats on the walk-that will definitely help! Thanks for sharing a little bit more about yourself with us. You were so close to us, wish you'd of joined us before the get together!! Next get together, you'll have to join us!! There's a bakery that I believe is in DELAND that makes breads from spelt-have you ever heard of it? It may be called the DELAND BAKERY, but I'm not sure. You are in good company, there are many people on this board that work in health care in one form or another.

BIGK, you know without anyone else telling you that the scale will move down. We just need to hold on to our patience and it will pay off. I know that I have a 2 week period that I'm up and down on the high end of my cushion and I just have to stay focused and OP and I will see that downward trend, and I always do. I should follow suit and throw my scale out as well, but I can't, still have that love-hate relationship with mine, and just CAN'T get rid of it! CONGRATS on the great news on the BP and Glucose-that's wonderful!!!!

SEF, enjoy your day out with the girls-remember, extend the pinky upwards when tea arrives at the table! LOL!!!

THUNDERWOMAN!! CONGRATULATIONS!!!! What wonderful news to share with us-you must be in 7th heaven!! Congrats on another pound gone as well. As long as your Dr. okays you to continue on this WOE, you may not see much, if any, weight gain. This is a very healthy WOE that you should be able to stay on throughout your pregnancy. If your Dr. is not familiar with this WOE, do sit down with him/her and explain it, that it's not a low-carb, high fat, etc. diet and ratios of fats, proteins and carbs are like the ADA suggests. You and ZSU definitely have lots more in common now-you'll both have to compare your due dates!!! I truly believe that for those who are trying to become pregnant and are having a hard time, with no findings of anything else medically wrong, that weight loss definitely helps! Again, CONGRATS!!!

RSIMON, hmmm, legal take-out? OUTBACK! LOL!! I don't do take-out, just doggie bags. Only Ole Ole you're gonna find is right here near me, unfortunately for you. I actually have the recipe for the dressing, but it's not precise in some of the ingredients, and the amount the recipe ingredients are in are for a vast amount-but maybe, when I get a chance, I can play with it and see if I can get a decent version of it to share with you and the rest of the board. Thanks for your insight on the SS-I think I'll wait to see it when it comes in the store, where it will be eventually, I'm sure.

NASCAR, good for you on the walking-you definitely do feel better when you exercise, and like I've said before, I see that I'm less hungry after I walk, then when I don't. Nope, not a bug, thank goodness, just a funk.

SOL, thanks good news! I'm sure you'll be back down to the old low before you know it. I'm sure the walking is helping, as well as the other exercise. Good going on the inches too-oh Lord, don't want poor Vince to get upset with loosing boob inches-Eli's not thrilled I've gone down in size-oh well, too bad! LOL! What the heck do you mean you may not be able to come to the get together?? NO way are you NOT coming-it won't cost much at all, esp if we carpool!!! YOU'RE COMING, or I'M NOT DOING THE MARATHON WITH YOU!!!!

KAREN, quick hello to you as well!!!

Time for me to go-have to start some cleaning. I'll check in with you all sometime later. Should have the house to my lonesome this evening, so won't have to fight for computer time!

Hope you all have a fabulous weekend!!!

Debbie
194/124/129
SB since 3/22/00
Reached goal 6/10/01
Closed Thread