Cooking 0 0%
Free Time??? What's That??? 5 22.73%
Other 0 0%
Voters: 22. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 12-10-2001, 06:18 AM   #1  
SUPER CHICK aka Moderator

Lightbulb Sugar Busters Weekly Support Board 12/10-12/16

This is the SUGAR BUSTERS WEEKLY SUPPORT BOARD where all of you who are following this WOE, or are thinking about doing so, are welcome to come join in and be a part of our wonderful group.

Other than finding support and friendship on this board, we also try to do something during the the week to add a little difference to our board.

MONDAY-MOTIVIATIONAL MONDAY
TUESDAY-TUESDAYS TIP & CHAT AT 9:15PM EST
WEDNESDAY-WEIGH-IN WEDNESDAY
THURSDAY-THURSDAY RECIPE DAY
FRIDAY-FRIDAY FIT FACTS

Please visit our LATEST BIO BOARD where you can learn more about everyone who is on this board:

http://64.119.161.199/forum/showthre...?threadid=3773

Please make sure you post your BIO on the LATEST VERSION of our BIO BOARD everyone!!!!

Our DECEMBER 2001 RECIPE BOARD can be located at the link below:

http://64.119.161.199/forum/showthre...839#post133441

We have SEVEN INFORMATIVE BOARDS!!!! Please take a few minutes to visit them! New information is continually being posted, so please make sure you visit them often-make sure to visit our newest board, MY FAVORITE SB LEGAL FOODS at the link below:

THE RECOMMENDED READING BOARD:

http://64.119.161.199/forum/showthre...?threadid=2342

THE TOOLS & TIPS BOARD:

http://64.119.161.199/forum/showthre...?threadid=2344

THE FOOD INFORMATION BOARD:

http://64.119.161.199/forum/showthre...?threadid=2365

MOTIVATIONAL & INSPIRING THOUGHTS BOARD

http://64.119.161.199/forum/showthre...?threadid=2359

and our newest board MY FAVORITE SB LEGAL FOODS

http://64.119.161.199/forum/showthre...?threadid=5005

We also now have a SB WEEKLY EXERCISE BOARD that you can log your daily/weekly exercises on:

http://64.119.161.199/forum/showthre...threadid=11591

WANT TO POST YOUR WEEKLY WEIGH IN INFO?? Go to the WEEKLY WEIGH IN BOARD below to post your stats!

http://64.119.161.199/forum/showthre...threadid=11592

VISIT OUR NEW SUGAR BUSTERS 2001 PICTURE GALLERY at the link below. You can upload pictures or post links to pictures on this board

http://64.119.161.199/forum/showthre...threadid=10759

NEWBIES! (aka new members) If you would like to REPLY to any of our threads, please hit NEW REPLY not NEW THREAD, then type your message in and hit SUBMIT REPLY. If you need to edit your reply, just click on edit located in the body of your post and make changes as you need to, then hit SUBMIT NOW.

WELCOME!
Old 12-10-2001, 06:21 AM   #2  

GOOD MONDAY MORNING EVERYONE!

Will post my usual morning post sometime later, but wanted to make sure I got our MOTIVATIONAL MONDAY done early in the morning, so here's my contribution for MM:

JUST IMAGINE

Imagine how life would be if nothing had the power to get you down. Think of how much you could accomplish if there were no distractions to knock you off track. Consider how effectively you could respond if you were able to see the positive possibilities in every situation, and then to seize on them and bring them about.

Imagine being peaceful, calm and focused, regardless of the turmoil around you. Feel the power that would come from an ability to just accept each moment rather than fight against it. Think of how great it would be to never become annoyed.

What a powerful way to live! What an effective way to work! And it is all possible right here, right now.

Nothing can get you down unless you allow it to do so. Nothing can distract you unless you let it. The positive possibilities are always there for you to see and to manifest into reality. There's no need to become annoyed unless you choose to do so. You have the power to make life great.

Imagine how great it would be to spend each moment with purpose and positive focus. Imagine it. Know it can be yours. And make it happen right now.

-- Ralph Marston
Have a wonderful day and a fabulous week!

Debbie
194/122/129
SB since 3/22/00
Reached goal 6/10/01
Old 12-10-2001, 11:35 AM   #3  

Good Monday Morning Again Everyone Where is everyone this morning??? Very unlike the board to not have anyone posting this morning-something going on I haven't heard about???:?

Hope you all had a great weekend Just got in from my walk/jog. It's so hot out there, 24th day in a row we've been above average on our temps and it sure seems to be taking a toll on my walk/jog time, seems to zap my energy and get-up-and-go spirit. BUT, at least I went

Hitting a milestone today-it's been 6 months since I reached my goal weight! I can't believe how time has flown, it just doesn't seem like it's been that long! Scale is still the same for me today-stuck at 122-guess that's better than being stuck-up!

Lit our first candles for Chanukah last night. Spent most of the afternoon wrapping presents, almost got all of them done, but a few left to do. Still have to find a few things to buy, both of the kids "big" presents I haven't gotten yet-hopefully, I'll find them soon. Actually, found them, but hoping to find them at a better price-both have to be ordered from the web. I think the kids were okay with what they got (if not, too darn bad!). Lauren got a make-up case with makeup, brushes, etc. and Michael got a Norelco electric shaver (can't believe the kid is shaving!!!). Eli gave me a GC to GLAMOUR SHOTS!! Can't wait to go-went 6 years ago and loved it, will be happy if it comes out the same this time-he gave one to Lauren as well

I found this cute Chanukah poem I just had to post VIV & MEL will find a laugh with this!!!

Everything in reds and greens!
Trees and wreaths and jellybeans
Santa Clauses, candy canes,
Gracing storefront windowpanes...

But then there are the hapless few,
For whom these colors just won't do.
It would, in fact, be quite a horror
To have them there by the menorah.

Oh where to find the white and blue
Among the reddish-greenish hue?

Walk through the store and to the back
Past tinsel, bows and bric-a-brac...
And there you'll see off by itself,
The tiny, token Hanukah shelf.

ZANNE, I'm so un-Jewish, but will try to help answer your Chanukah questions. The middle candle, called the Shamus, is the candle you light first and then use to light the other candles. Once they burn down, that's it. Here's a site that probably has more information than you care to know, but more than I could tell you:

http://www.ohr.org.il/special/chanukah/

I'm sure there are better sights, just don't have the time right now to scout them on the web I too find religions interesting!!!

GATOR, will e-mail you the e-mail later.

BOB, he said don't worry about it. He still can get you his regular 30% off, instead of the 40%. He doesn't have any of those canisters left-you got 2 of the last ones

Gotta get in the shower, morning is almost shot. I'll check in later. Have a great day and a fab. week!

Debbie
194/122/129
SB since 3/22/00
Reached goal 6/10/01
Old 12-10-2001, 11:56 AM   #4  
Goddess

Thumbs down Good Monday Morning

The long lost soul is back! This holiday season is turing into a blur. I am reeling from one event to another and not really enjoying any of them. Part of that is due to the fact that I have come down with a cold and all I really want to do is curl up in bed with a cup of hot tea==but no way!

The worst part is the food. I'm so busy I have no time to prepare--so my eathing has gone all to h**l. Just to give you a clue--I had four events Saturday--beginning at 9:00 am and going until 10:00 that night. I also had three yesterday. It would have been four--but I skipped one so I could come home and take a nap on the couch in order to get through the evening's activities.

I will also have a houseguest for the next four nights--she is nice, but I'm just not in the mood for company. Can you tell who is the Grinch this year?

I haven't even had time to read last week's board. I have been thinking about all of you and hoping that you are doing better than I am!

On the plus side--Miss Belle has been the bright spot this holiday season. I put up my tree last week and she has been busy taking it down ever since. All the dangly things are just too much for her little kitten spirit to resist. I know I should stop her, but i just laugh so hard when she starts to play with the tree. I didn't put any breakable ornaments on it this year--just because I knew there was a kitten in the house!

I hope Deb,Viv, and Mel (and anyone else celebrating) have a wonderful Chanukah!

BOB--oops, I was rooting for your team--I thought sure they'd pull it out in the end! You've got the whole country (well, except for the state of Nebraska) mad at you now for messing up the BCS.

Missy--Congrats--y'all are for real! I'm not sure a SB'er should patticipate in the Sugar Bow though

Auburn will be at the Peach bowl New Years Eve--against the most hated and evil UNC Tarheels.

Got to go---time for some more vitamin C.

Susan
300/245 /150
July 10, 2001
Old 12-10-2001, 04:54 PM   #5  

Default Monday

Yuck - it is so dreary here in N. AL today - rain, clouds, cold, etc. Doesn't do anything for morale either.....

Sorry to report that, I too, like Mel, have wagon tracks across my body today. I haven't eaten legal, but still haven't gone overboard with anything either - scale is only up by 1 lb and today is the 1st day of TOM, so thats not bad. I know that the reason the scale doesn't show it is because of all the walking and shopping I've done this weekend. This only proves to me that if I can just get some regular exercise that it would be much easier to get the scale moving. I can tell you the one thing that I miss the most is pizza - real pizza - fattening pizza!!

I went to that "grief recovery" seminar with my Mom on Saturday -I told her as soon as we got in the car not to ever ask me to go to anything like that again, because I ain't going!! I was more depressed when we left than I have been in weeks!! 8:30 until 4:00 was just too long to be dwelling on what we've lost. There were some interesting things that the speaker said, but nothing that just hit me as being helpful. I think this was more of a pity party, in the name of getting through it. There were people there who had lost parents, spouses, brothers/sisters and children. I felt so sorry for all of them that it made it even worse. If the speaker weren't saying something that applied to me, then I could look across the room and see others who were crying and then I just wanted to cry too! It was sad, the weather was gloomy and I had PMS, so not a good mix!!

I've gotta run for now - Hello to all - will catch up with reading the board later.
tv
Old 12-10-2001, 08:37 PM   #6  
BIG ORANGE FOOTBALL RULES

EVENING EVERY BUDDY!!!!

BOB is in MUCH better spirits today....Can't drag my lip forever.... But....for the life of me, I just can't figure out how MY TEAM can beat GATOR'S TEAM...win the EASTERN DIVISION OF THE SEC, be #2....get beat by MISSY'S TEAM.....and FLA STILL GET A BCS BOWL AND TENNESSEE DOESN"T!!!!!! ???????? CAN SOMEONE EXPLAIN THIS TO ME PLEASE????? SUSAN??? MISSY???? GATOR????

DEB Keep us updated on all the goodies you get...I sure do wish I had had you and your van with me today....
Yesterday on the way to the grocery...there was a leather couch sitting on the sidewalk of a house where someone was moving from...no big deal...just thought they would be back later...came back from the grocery and there was a pickup truck in the driveway...ok I thought....someone is picking it up now...Tonight I come home after doing some shopping and the damn thing is sitting on the CURB!!!....Its a beautiful piece of furniture...creamy beige in color... WHERE IS THE PRINCESS WHEN I NEED HER????

OH...OH....SKEETER has to go out...I'll be back later...

BOB
Old 12-10-2001, 09:00 PM   #7  
"I'm working on it!"

Default Where is Everybody?

WOW! I don't think I've seen the board so quiet since I've come here. But, it's a busy time of year.

It's getting a wee bit more chilly outside, but still way above normal temperatures. Only have had to scrape frost from the car the past couple of days. I'm hoping the weather man is right and that it will be warm for the next coupld of days so I can clean my windows outside.

Just finished doing a 1/2 hour on Ellie. Didn't want to but made myself. I've felt sluggish all day. I actually did a couple of "sprints". My knee is better--guess I've already built it back up. It used to feel like it would give out on me when I would go up stairs. It got better when I was exercising before, but deteriorated when I stopped. So, there's an added benefit to the exercise!

TV C'mon. You can do this. I tumbled off the wagon too, but I'm getting back on track. Still not eating as proper as I should but I'm getting there. I can imagine that the seminar was depressing. You went to give your mom support and that was a good thing. I think you were right in telling her that you won't go to anything like that again. You have to do what's best for you.

Fillise I hope your cold gets better quickly. Sounds like you're really busy. No wonder you're run down. Please take good care of yourself. Sounds like Miss Belle is keeping your spirits up with her antics. My cats aren't even bothered with the tree.

Debelli 6 months at goal!!! WOW!!! That's wonderful! Be very proud of yourself. I still have to check out the link, but thanks for answering my question. I liked the peom. I guess living in a neighborhood with a lot of Jewish people, our local party store has several shelves of Chanukah stuff. Very pretty blue and silver wrapping paper. DS wanted a dredal (SP?) but all they had were little toy ones. If they had a nice big wooden one I would have got it.

BOB Glad to hear you're in good spirits today!

Well, I guess that's it. Gonna veg out for an hour in front of the TV.
have a good evening everyone!

Last edited by Zanne; 12-10-2001 at 09:02 PM.
Old 12-10-2001, 09:31 PM   #8  
Bustin' Buddy

Hey girlies!

Had a great day. This morning I when I got on the scale I had lost the B&B (brownies & beer) from the night before!! So, started fresh again today! I actually walked 2 miles last night and again tonight! Last night I made it around the neighborhood - which was nice cause I got to see everyone's yards all lit up. Tonight I just went over to my dad's to walk on the treadmill cause I didn't finish tutoring until 6:45! UGH! So, I walked and watched the Weakest Link. Watching TV makes the walk go by so much faster! I'm just glad I'm walking again!!

DEB: 6 months is fabulous! That must be the best feeling in the world! I hope to one day be in your shoes!

BOB: Here's the answer to your question (hubby had to make the assist here) so here it goes! When TN lost to LSU which was ranked #21 - TN lost to a much lower ranked school which hurt TN in the BCS standing. And - since FLA didn't play a game that weekend - they moved up while TN dropped. There are so many factors involved so there's no clear cut answer - it's in the numbers. That's it! Hubby said they need to get rid of the F^@%#g BCS!!!

GATOR: Thanks for the links - I'm gonna check them out!

FILLISE: Glad to see you back! Hope you feel better soon! I love the comment about the Sugar Bowl!! That was hilarious!! Don't worry - this SBer will be watching from her house so that she doesn't blow it on Bourbon Street!!

Well, I've got to run - tons of school work and it's already 8:30!

See y'all tomorrow!

Missy
284/266/170
Old 12-10-2001, 10:19 PM   #9  
Mel

Default Monday

All right! 3 days OP without any recurrance of insanity. Even made and served latkes without taking a bite. Rest of family won't hear of changing the recipe and it dowsn't seem worth it to make 2 different batches. Biggest complainer was DH who is NOT Jewish.

TV- come on back up on the wagon with us! You can do it!!! Sorry the seminar was such a downer. I've found (from my meager experience) that large group support activities seem to degrade into, as you so aptly put it, pity-parties. I tried a few times going to support groups for chronic diseases that I have, and boy, by the end of the evening I'd heard how miserable everyone else was and just wanted to crawl into bed and give up for the rest of my life. It was good of you to go with your mother, tho. Sounds like she needed to try that avenue, even if its not your way.

Fillise- Hope you are felling better. Your schedule sounds brutal and it's hard to have all those social/business commitments and be cheerful when you feel like crawling into bed! Love the kitten stories- our first cat was Astro the Flying Cat. As a kitten, she would race around the house at night at head level (my head) from bookcase, to table to sofa, to mantel, and at Christmas, the tree became part of her route. Once. The tree came crashing down with a terrified kitten clinging to the top!

Bob- I would have dragged that couch all the way home! It would have been good for at least three weight workouts. Sounds like you need a van.

Deb- Thanks for all the Hannukah humor. It provided tonight's merriment at dinner instead of the usual 11yr old boy humor (??? when do they turn into people?)

Hi Zanne- I've never tried an "Ellie". Maybe I'll use the 2 week free gym coupon that came in the mail and try one. I need a change in my workouts.

I'm going to try to post a picture that DD took with my new digi camera. The two dogs wearing the same sweater. If it's not here, I'll have to play with it more tomorrow.
mel
Old 12-10-2001, 10:21 PM   #10  
Mel

Default Monday

it worked, but its so tiny! How do you all post pictures that fit under their 40KB max and have them visible?

mel
Old 12-11-2001, 07:02 AM   #11  
"I'm working on it!"

Talking Morning!

Well, since I posted last night, not much new here. The scale is teetering between 166 and 167, so I'm hoping for the lower for WIW. Been stuck around 168 for soooooooo long. It's about time for a dip.

MEL HOORAY!!! Good for you to be OP. I love the little saying on your posts. "Falling down is not failure.....Failure is staying down" That is just so perfect. We all have to remember that, especially at this time of year. Cute picture of you and puppy. I really love the elliptical. Elliptical is supposed to be easier on the joints than pounding the pavement and the treadmill (I've got a family history of bad joints). We got Ellie in September and I think we've used it more in 3 months than the treadmill we had for 7 years.

FRUIT Good to hear you lost the B&B. I exercise while watching TV too and you're right! The time does pass quickly. Sounds like you're doing great since you came back to post regularly!

Well, looks like I'm all caught up. I've got lots to do today so I'm not sure when I'll get back to check. I'll probably get nosy sometime in the day!

Have a great day everyone!
Old 12-11-2001, 09:17 AM   #12  

Good Tuesday Morning Everyone

Got in from my walk-no idea of my time-batteries died in my walkman, but I'm sure it wasn't any great new time.

Another night of Chanukah behind us. Michael got his favorite candy-GOBBSTOPPERS along with a shirt that Eli got him that says "DOESN'T PLAY WELL WITH OTHERS". The night before he gave him one that says "OUT OF MY MIND, BACK IN 5 MINUTES"-both are so Michael! Lauren received some new scrapbooking materials, something she has just started to show interest in. We received a beautiful ROSENTHAL CRYSTAL DREIDEL from a cousin of the kids Dad who lives in Cincinnati. She started sending us a dreidel every year for the past 9 years, I think it is, so we have a nice collection now.

I mentioned a few months ago that I was looking into this DERMALIN lotion that suppose to help problem areas. After much searching on the web and e-mailing regular people who had bought it (got some names off sites on the web as well as people who bought it off of Ebay), I decided to take the plunge and buy a bottle, which I got yesterday. The stuff reminds me of really thick molasses, dark brown, gooey and very sticky. Thank goodness is doesn't stink bad. Anyhow, I used it last night on one area, on my stomach, (you can't put it all over), and will see if there's any difference after 10-14 days. I found a thread on the web last night with people using the Dermalin, some along with another product, that were seeing some results. I also found a gal here on the 3FC'S site who P/M me and told me she had some nice results with it. Heck, it's a lot cheaper to try this before thinking of surgery! I'll keep you all posted on what I personally think about this product

Scale is down another 1/2lb, but still up 3 from my lowest. Hoping it will continue to move down the next few days-seems that's the usual trend for me when I look back.

Found 2 more high cocoa content chocolate bars to add to my collection. One is CHOCOLOVE 70%, which I knew about but hadn't been able to find, the other is RAPUNZEL 70%, which I bought and then found elsewhere on sale for almost 1/2 the price-Wild Oats has it on sale this week for $1.50 a bar. Haven't tried either-have one bar open now and will just put these in the stock pile I have for a later date.

Have a little TUESDAY TIP to share with you. Don't know if anyone has ever done this or not, but if you take a med. sized metal bowl and stick your 2 beaters in it along with a cup of milk and maybe a little flavoring in it, stick it in the freezer for about 15-20 minutes (until it's icing over, but NOT frozen) and then whip it at high speed, you'll get a very filing (due to air) type of "dessert". As I start whipping it I add a little stevia to sweeten it. I just made some with lemon flavoring in it-very yummy! Amazing how milk can just whip up like that! You have to eat it immediately though, otherwise it starts to break down. I found a recipe that if you add gelatin to it, it will whip up and keep like icing for a few days. Will try to post that on Thursday.

Eli's working today which is quite a bummer since I don't have to p/u either child at school today and have the day free. I should start planning for this garage sale, but of course, the procrastinator in me wants to wait til Thursday to start. I may just shmize around up in Broward on my own and go shopping-just haven't decided what I'm in the mood to do today.

FILLISE, glad to see your post on the board, as this is a tuff time of year for many, in more ways than one, I worry when people sorta of take a hiatus from the board. Some I know will be back and are just busy, others I know won't be back because they've fallen off the wagon and the face of the earth, it seems. Glad to hear Ms. Belle is enjoying the season and the Xmas tree-seems she anxiously awaiting to find out what will be under there for her Try to do your best with staying OP during this time of year, it's hard, but with determination you can do it, or lesses the severity of going over board, just by being aware of what's going into your mouth.

TV, hopefully you'll be back on track after the flood of hormones from TOM subside. Yesterday I was in a total feeding frenzy, nothing I ate would fill my stomach (and remember, I had my stomach stapled years ago and it's still small), I get like this a couple times a month and even though I know it's something that will pass the next day, I still eat so much it's unbelievable-I blame it too on hormones. Sorry to hear the grief seminar didn't go well. Maybe your Mom could benefit from reading George Anderson's book called WE DON'T DIE and WE ARE NOT FORGOTTEN-very good books that really made me a believer-just a thought

BOB, heck girl, I'd of grabbed that couch and hoisted on Skeeters back if need be! Wish I'd been able to help you out-you know I would

ZANNE, it's been terribly hot here as well. We've had 3 weeks of above-avg. temps here in the South-I'm welcoming any change that comes along with cooler weather! Sounds like you are doing really well with your exercise, keep up the great work!

FRUIT, I'm really proud of you! You are really doing so good (despite that B&B downfall). I really want you to succeed and you KNOW you can count on me for continnued support!!!

MEL, good to see you back and going strong! Loved the pic, though it does need to be bigger. Can you retry? Can't see the dog, sorta blends in with the picture Have you tried sweet potato latkes yet? I'm going to try and get inspired and make some-let's see how inspired I truly get!

Well gals, TOMORROW IS WEIGH IN WEDNESDAY! and I do wish you all a lot of luck.

Tonight is chat at 9:15pm est. I don't know if anyone is planning to show, considering the time of year it is and how everyone has more important things on their minds-but I will try to check in the chat room and see if anyone's around.

Have a wonderful day!!!

Debbie
194/121.5/129
SB since 3/22/00
Reached goal 6/10/01
Old 12-11-2001, 11:51 AM   #13  
aka Zippy LiverFace

Remember me???

I hadn't planned on being away for so long, but I'm still trying to adjust to this commute and new work out schedule and all. I'm counting down the days till I get to meet DEBBIE AND ELI AND FROG AND MR. FROG AND WHOEVER ELSE DECIDES TO COME TO O-TOWN!!!

BOB I'm soooooooo sad for you!!!!!! I was yelling at the screen and telling those guys what to do, but they just didn't hear me!!! They had me all riled up when they beat GATORGAL'S team - I was sick so I stayed home and Meister went to a party. Turned out it was a good thing I didn't go 'cause everyone there was rooting for GATORGAL'S team.....I would have been on my own if I had gone. Ain't it funny how the only people who like BCS are the ones who get to go to bowls when they didn't expect to? They'll be the ones yelling next year about how unfair it is.

GATORGAL No offense. You know any rooting I do is totally offset by Vince. I joined the Gold's Gym which is almost across the street. They were having a special so I plunged in - I need to get back on the routine of working out and doing my weights. It's less than 2 miles from my house so that's good.

DEBBIE, MEL, VIV -
HAPPY CHANUKAH!!!!!!! Last year I told Vince we looked Jewish because you can't see our tree from the street and there were no visible Christmas decorations out anywhere at our house. This year I put a red ribbon on the mailbox. I don't think my parents will be able to come down this year and we aren't able to go up, so it looks like it'll be just me and Meister on our own. I'm kinda sad and it makes it hard to get in the mood to shop. I don't know when they'll git their gifts with all the restrictions and precautions on packages this year. Guess I better get my boot-ee in gear.

Well, I've got to get back to work. I'm back to tracking my food in FitDay so I can keep a handle on things while the holidays are here and keep up with my work outs. I've got to get back down to the friendly competition/encouragement level with MARIE!!

HAVE A GREAT DAY!!!
Old 12-11-2001, 01:03 PM   #14  
Goddess

Thumbs down Good Tuesday Morning

Hello everyone!

My cold is really hanging in there. It is not the worst cold I've eve had, but it doesn't seem to be getting better either. It is probably no coincidence that I let some sugar back into my diet and get the first cold I've had since starting SB.

I skipped last night's event to stay home and drink tea. It was heaven.

Marie--good to hear from you again. I think everyone is swamped. The board is really light this week. I certainly haven't been posting as much as I usuallly do. It sounds like you and Meister have the opportunity to make some traditions of your own this year. I hope you get into the mood and find the joyful spirit!

Deb--I'm looking forward to your recipies. I know a few people who could use a "Doesn't play well with others" T-shirt! Six months below goal is fabulous.

Zanne--I know all about being stuck! Hang in there and the scale will begin moving soon!

Missy--Y'all still must be loving it in LA! Though I hear the Sugar Bowl people are not al all happy that they have a home state crowd--something about you folks not spending enough money. I don't know how anyone can avoid spending money in New Orleans.

BOB--glad to see that you are recovering. I tried--I really tried to help all I could. I think here is something about gator meat. It tastes really good at first--then it kind of sickens you after awhile. It saps all your strength and makes you weak. At least it did Auburn!

TV--I think everyone grieves in their own way and on their own timetable. Give yourself time--the holidays are hard--especially the first Christmas after a loss. I'll be thinking about you.

Time to go make some lunch. I think I have some tuna in the house, yum yum.

Susan
Old 12-11-2001, 03:49 PM   #15  
Mel

Default Calling picture wizards

I can't seem to post pictures unless they are tiny. When I attach them in that browse field, the post fails if they are over 40kb. That's a pretty small photo. Obviously a few of you have figured it out! let me in on the secret?

Today's been a good day, except for my 3.5 mile run in the rain (cold rain, too). My feet were squishing and I wrung out my spandex by the time I got home. Wasn't raining when I started....

Back on track food wise- I'm determined to get to goal in the forseeable future. This morning the scale was back at my low of 143, I sure hope it holds for WIW! Losing weight sure has made my face age! Deb- can I rub that goopy stuff on my face as a cheapy facelift????

mel
Closed Thread