Sugar Shakers for followers of Sugar Busters and other GI based diets

Closed Thread

Old 03-28-2007, 10:58 PM   #256  

Hi everyone

Just a quickie before I head off to bed. I'm aiming for an early night. Managed to get up early this morning for my walk. I don't have to go so early but I have a friend that always goes early and it does help to have someone to walk with. Eating has been o.k. to-day. Breakfast was bran flakes, lunch was a toasted blt on multigrain bread with lentil soup. That was very filling and didn't need too much for dinner so just had a salad with half a bowl of chili topped with shredded cheese. O.K. so I did have a bit of a snack this afternoon. I made some semolina squares to put in the freezer for Easter and of course had to taste some. Just had a couple of small pieces. It's all away now so can't steal anymore tonite. I went and played a couple of games of badminton this evening and afterwards played table tennis for about 15 minutes. It was bright and sunny here again to-day although the temp was a little cooler. Should be nice again tomorrow.

Fruitloupe - It was good to hear from you and to know that everything is going well. So you are halfway there already.

BOB - Where are you. We haven't heard from you all week. I hope everything is o.k. with you and Kate.

Monet - Enjoy your day at school tomorrow.

Bye for now.
Old 03-29-2007, 10:32 AM   #257  

Board is slow today. I've already walked my 2 miles, made my protein drink & coffee & now I'm off to the shower & hitting the road.

DH is home sick with a sinus infection but I'm leaving him home.

Where is SEF?? Miss your posts the last few days!!!
Old 03-29-2007, 12:44 PM   #258  

Where is everyone to-day.

I missed my walk this morning but did go bowling. Just got home and thought I would check in here before fixing lunch. Not sure what it will be yet - probably blt, same as yesterday. Had oatmeal for bf. Not much planned for the rest of the day. May go to the mall later to browse and to get some exercise. It won't be the same as walking in the morning before the shops are open but it will have to do for to-day. Maybe I'll be able to get up early tomorrow.

Sef - Where are you. Hope everything is o.k. with you.

Melf - I'm glad to see things going well for you with the pounds dropping off. And you are doing so well with all your walking.

Better go and fix lunch and see what else I can get up to. I'm going to check on line and see what interesting recipes I can find.

Old 03-29-2007, 09:53 PM   #259  

Well Rosalie it looks like we're the only 2 on the board ALL day! What's up???
Old 03-30-2007, 07:54 AM   #260  
Sonya

Hi all,

Still on track with eating but ate to much legal foods yesterday. Danielle my 9 yr old is going to be home until April 5 because of her chicken pox. They have around 30 kids in all from the Elementary out with them. Hope you all have a wonderful day!
Old 03-30-2007, 09:20 AM   #261  
Addicted to potato salad!

Hi everyone!! Just a quick fly by...will be back later. Laundry is waiting.
Old 03-30-2007, 09:28 AM   #262  

Good Morning

I'm glad to see Tech and Thunderwoman checking in to-day. Melf and I were very lonely here yesterday.

I was up nice and early this morning and went for my mall walk. I did four laps which I think is about 2.5 miles. I'm off to bowling soon.

Have a good day everyone. Will check in later.
Old 03-30-2007, 10:43 AM   #263  

I did my 2 mile walk now I'm off to the shower & heading out of town for the weekend. Will try to post when I return. I'll do the BEST I can with my eating while I'm gone. That's all I can do.
Old 03-30-2007, 02:22 PM   #264  

S/C/G: 257/169/155

Height: 5'6"

Checking in........

Yesterday was so nuts I thought I would self-destruct. At 6:00 I just could not think anymore. Today I am dragging. Glad the weekend is here, maybe I can catch up a little. Our floor should be done tomorrow early. It would have been finished Wed but the nail gun broke. I borrowed another one so they will finish sat morning.

We have to work the fish fry tonight. Only 2 more. I'm ready for them to be over and I didn't even work all of them.

I can't believe Easter is next week. I am not ready for it. I have my family so 20 people. Glad my floor is finished. Wish I could get out and find a rug so no one scratches my floors. Maybe Sunday.

Melf, congrats on seeing that new number. What a good feeling. You sould so up-beat and encouraging.

Toni, hang in there. Enjoy your book.

Rosalie, I wouln't worry about those snacks. You had enough exercise to counteract them.

Thunder, On no, chicken pox. Hope no one else can catch them.

Monet, hope your teaching went well today.

Wel I am tired and need to get busy. Have a wonderful weekend.
Old 03-30-2007, 05:25 PM   #265  

Hey everyone! I had a long exhausting day, but it went great! My neighbor, who has her daughter at this school, helped me clean up after school. She went to return an extension cord for me and got into a conversation with the admin, and principal. Seems the art teacher is not returning, and they are going to hire a new one. They thought I would not want the job, and had someone else interested, but she is pregnant,and so they were hoping I might be interested in a few months at least. I got the chance to let them know I would be interested in a full time job next year, so maybe they will consider it. Seems a few of the teachers were VERY pleased with how I handled their classes yesterday and today. I did have fun....and I would LOVE a full time job there. The art teacher has a room, a desk, and even a laptop! Wow...the school I was at last year treated me like second class...no desk, no money..just teach and be awesome for nothing. So, , I am hoping...

My hubby is still looking. He has had a lot of activity, but has not found the right job that 'fits' his experience yet. He had a phone interview today, and they want to have a face to face interview on Monday, so I am hoping it works out for him.

I am tired, but feel much better today then I did yesterday when I got home. I need to go bake a cake for my friend's Downs syndrome daughter...she wants a 3-d police car for her birthday cake!

It rained today... I have never been so happy to see rain! The pollen was insane! It is so much cleaner and nicer out now.

Oh, and while I was demonstrating throwing on a potter's wheel today, I made a couple piggy banks. They turned out pretty cute!

Later! Love you all!
Old 03-30-2007, 09:22 PM   #266  
sef

Good evening all,

I know I have been AWOL, but it just seems I've had one busy day after another and no time for rest.

The concert we went to last Monday was wonderful. We did go to IHOP beforehand. I was pretty good, had lots of protein and two (count 'em two) pancakes. So I wasn't good, but not terrible either. After the concert we went to one of our member's house and had coffee, cake and ice cream, I abstained. So was good there. They even had Caramel and regular Bristol Cream.

I have been to the NH on my regular schedule, to a couple of entertainments, to a practice, to church, shopping and out to dinner with the Joyful Noise. I was so-so there.

Have you ever been mad at a big company? Can't do anything about it but fume. I'm so disappointed. I was working on an afghan in the stitch group. Just simple single crochet, so I could concentrate on talking, you understand. Two colors orchid and dark plum.

I have used Coats and Clark Red heart No Dye Lot for years and have never had a problem with matching the yarn. Using that yarn I didn't have to buy all the yarn at once, which can be a big outlay of dough.

Went Monday to buy additional yarn and couldn't find my color. The bins were all full, no empty spaces for out-of-stock. Asked assistant and she informed me that Red Heart discontinued dark plum. I have two and a half strips done and can't match the yarn! Went online and none available. So today I figured I'd get another shade of purple to go with the orchid.............you got it........no more orchid, only dark orchid! So back to square one. Finally picked out two new colors, but can't decide if I'm really happy with them as I liked the original shades so much! I guess I shouldn't complain. If that's the biggest crisis in my life right now I should be happy and not grumble. I better buy all the yarn at once this time. That's my tale of woe.

Tomorrow I am going to clean and rest. I hope.

Tomorrow I will start to once again answer posts.

I really missed being here!

May good things happen, Shirley
Old 03-31-2007, 11:11 AM   #267  
sef

GOOD MORNING ALL,

Looks like I'm first up at the plate........no not that kind of plate!! I have made the bed and dusted. Need a sit down before I vacuum, so what better place to sit than here?

This afternoon I want to haul out my cross stitch stuff and get that project started. I decided to do the Amish Farm Scene, reminds me of the times we visited Lancaster, PA on a regular basis.

Been thinking about those afghan colors too. Just becuase the colors go together doesn't mean they go with the place I want to use them. The purple is just too strong. When I get the stitching stuff out I will also pull out the container of my yarns and see if there is a white or off white that will blend with the orchid and still have enough contrast. MONET: Do you have this much trouble deciding what color to make a ceramic piece? I don't usually go through this angst. It may be that there are not that many purple shades out there.

I missed FF, so here's a couple to start your day.

GROUCHY

Children today are well aware of what goes on in the home I do believe....
A 2nd grader asked her mother the age-old question, "How did I get here?"

Her mother told her, "God sent you."

"Did God send you, too?" asked the child.

"Yes, Dear," the mother replied.

"What about Grandma and Grandpa?" the child persisted.

"He sent them also" the mother said.

"Did he send their parents, too?" asked the child.

"Yes, Dear, He did," said the mother patiently.

"So you're telling me that there has been NO sex in this Family for 200 years? No wonder everyone's so damn grouchy around here.

COURT CASE

Defense Attorney: Will you please state your age?

Little Old Lady: I am 86 years old.

Defense Attorney: Will you tell us, in your own words, what happened the night of April 1st?

Little Old Lady: There I was, sitting there in my swing on my front porch on a warm spring evening, when a young man comes creeping up on the porch and sat down beside me.

Defense Attorney: Did you know him?

Little Old Lady: No, but he sure was friendly.

Defense Attorney: What happened after he sat down?

Little Old Lady: He started to rub my thigh.

Defense Attorney: Did you stop him?

Little Old Lady: No, I didn't stop him.

Defense Attorney: Why not?

Little Old Lady: It felt good. Nobody had done that since my Albert died some 30 years ago.

Defense Attorney: What happened next?

Little Old Lady: He began to rub my breasts.

Defense Attorney: Did you stop him then?

Little Old Lady: No, I did not stop him.

Defense Attorney: Why not?

Little Old Lady: His rubbing made me feel all alive and excited. I haven't felt that good in years!

Defense Attorney: What happened next?

Little Old Lady: Well, by then, I was feeling so "spicy" that I just laid down and told him "Take me, young man. Take me now!"

Defense Attorney: Did he take you?

Little Old Lady: ****, no! He just yelled, "April Fool!" And that's when I shot him, the little *******.

Why, Why, Why

Why do we press harder on a remote control when we know the batteries are getting dead?

Why do banks charge a fee on 'insufficient funds' when they know there is not enough money?

Why does someone believe you when you say there are four billion stars, but check when you say the paint is wet?

Why doesn't glue stick to the bottle?

Why do they use sterilized needles for death by lethal injection?

Why doesn't Tarzan have a beard?

Why does Superman stop bullets with his chest, but ducks when you throw a revolver at him?

Why do Kamikaze pilots wear helmets?

Whose idea was it to put an 'S' in the word 'lisp'?

If people evolved from apes, why are there still apes?

Why is it that no matter what color bubble bath you use the bubbles are always white?

Is there ever a day that mattresses are not on sale?

Why do people constantly return to the refrigerator with hopes that something new to eat will have materialized?

Why do people keep running over a string a dozen times with their vacuum cleaner, then reach down, pick it up, examine it, then put it down to give the vacuum one more chance?

Why is it that no plastic bag will open from the end on your first try?

How do those dead bugs get into those enclosed light fixtures?

When we are in the supermarket and someone rams our ankle with a shopping cart then apologizes for doing so, why do we say, 'It's all right?' Well, it isn't all right, so why don't we say, 'That hurt, you stupid idiot?'

Why is it that whenever you attempt to catch something that's falling off the table you always manage to knock something else over?

In winter why do we try to keep the house as warm as it was in summer when we complained about the heat?

How come you never hear father-in-law jokes?

And my FAVORITE......
The statistics on sanity are that one out of every four persons is suffering from some sort of mental illness. Think of your three best friends -- if they're okay, then it's you.

Hope you had a giggle!

I'll try to check in later to see if anyone else is moving.

May good things happen, Shirley
Old 03-31-2007, 06:18 PM   #268  
sef

I'm so lonesome I could die.........

Where oh where have all the members gone?........

I talk to the trees.........because there's on one else to talk to........

Old 03-31-2007, 06:56 PM   #269  

Hello, my buster friends. I heard from BOB, and if she doesn't get her butt on here, I may go off to Sarasota and find her, pull her by the ear onto here...

I had an adult private pottery student this morning. She did awesomely. I was so proud of her! Then I had to run upstairs here, and fix a birthday cake for a friend's Down's syndrome daughter. Her birthday was a while ago, but they promised her a police car cake, and she kept reminding them, so they HAD to do it! What a hoot! I thought it turned out well, and her mom loved it.

While my student was working, I worked too. I got a new teapot thrown, and will assemble it later when it dries some. I also make a lidded jar and two mugs. They all need to be trimmed and have handles pulled etc.

SEF: I am so sorry it has been so lonesome in here. I think we have a lot of MIAs. I do have a lot of angst over glazing my pottery pieces. I am not very fond of glazing because I am not very good at it, and I feel like I ruin more pots than I get good results on. I keep trying though! My friend that I work with in North Georgia has a natural eye for the glazes, so I ask her for her opinion a lot. I throw better than she does, so we are even!

We are going to Athens tomorrow to visit the church we went to in college, so I may not be able to post until later... ttyal!
Closed Thread