Success Stories! Share your success stories! Let's work together to make this the busiest forum of all!

Old 03-30-2006, 07:48 PM   #1  
So close to my goal!

S/C/G: 235/190/175

Default New here, Thought I'd start with Progress Pics!

I was sitting here tonight, just looking at pictures, and sobbing. I've lost 40 pounds, but I dont look any different and I feel like I have so damn far to go, and will never reach it. I feel good, and am happy, but not ENOUGH. It's like this ache inside that I just cant acheive, and feel like i never will. I'm posting these for a few reasons, I think the embarrassment will help to motivate me, and not only that, but there's no better thinspiration than yourself. Fear is a powerful motivator, and my greatest fear is returning to that old self... So here goes...

Me at my fattest approx last August... Can't believe I'm posting this... And the jelly donut is SO damn appropriate... Fricken nasty ... i didnt even have a neck... I look at this, and realize all the years wasted -_- at least now, finally, it gives me inspiration... or terrifies me ... either way lol I weighed about 235 back then... I totally made it through high school by eating... constantly... ick...

Now, 40 pounds lighter. 20 to go. Not a huge change, but I need to publicize these for inspiration... So close but soooo far away, what's discouraging is how I dont look much better lol... Ahh well -_- Complexion has gotten better though, thank god... AT LEAST I HAVE only 1 CHIN!!! (And a neck... omg i was so gross...)

If I can find any body shots or a better picture showing more of my body I'll do that, but I'm still really hesitant to even take any of those...

Meh -_- So, here I am, 18 year old college student, finally starting to care enough about how I look at feel. I've come far, but it's these last 15-20 pounds that have been the hardest... So it is to 3 fat chicks that I turn!! Hope being male on this forum isn't a problem, ya'll give me so much hope!

Derek
dhouse87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2006, 07:52 PM   #2  
Angelina/Gerard is Love

S/C/G: 291.8/286.8/199

Height: 5'4 1/2

Why are you complaining?! You're doing great! Ahhh college life, something I will never experience. Me and dorms do not mix! LOL
JasonsLea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2006, 07:57 PM   #3  
No description available.

40 lbs!! Holy schmokes! I see a major difference in the pictures. Congratulations on all of your loss so far. Keep on keepin on....you truly will achieve all of your goals!
midwife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2006, 08:50 PM   #4  
Play that funky music!

S/C/G: 290ish/266/250

Height: 5'4"

It was hard to tell from your first picture since it was chest up, but I could definitely tell a difference in your face, and you do look great in all of the after pictures. Maybe I'm just a "dirty old lady" but you look as good as any of the college guys I go to school with! Don't be so hard on yourself, sometimes it's really hard to see the changes in yourself. You get so used to thinking of yourself a certain way and that's all you allow yourself to see for a long time. Good luck... and just relax and enjoy yourself!

-Lala
dalai_lala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2006, 09:10 PM   #5  
used to be tofat

S/C/G: 189/128.5/130

Height: 5' 3 1/2"

I second what Lala said re: its hard to see our new selves. I've almost hit the 40 pound mark, and still have trouble seeing it. I find photos actually really help me see what I currently look like-more than the mirror. Good work and keep it up.
ArtsyGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2006, 09:29 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 228/215/160

Height: 5 ft 5

Hi there,

you definitely look different....you look great-keep up the good work-don't be so hard on yourself. Other people don't judge us as hard as we judge ourselves....

someday you'll look back,
and say darn i did look good

good luck
campbellredhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2006, 09:39 PM   #7  

Default You have done an amazing job!

You're a cutey! you are doing great... Be proud of all your accomplishments, you deserve to feel happy and proud...
look forward and be all you can be!
Sincerely,
Marie
chimo2u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2006, 10:14 PM   #8  
Feeling the burn

Don't be silly Derek You're a cutie! (hope I don't get arrested for saying that) LOL

I like your new hair a lot and your skin is just glowing Your complexion is really great and you look healthy!

We're often so hard on ourselves. But you do look great and yes, it shows. You have worked hard and should be proud.

I look at the group pic you posted and honestly, you look like you're just one of the gang You don't look bigger than anyone else, you don't look out of place. You look like a normal, healthy young guy with a nice style.

Chin up! You're almost there...and if you were to ask for my opinion, I'd say you already there. lol Maybe all you need is some strength training to polish things up and make you feel stronger and more confident... but even then, you look like you're in good shape already.

Congrats and good luck on your journey!
Fit_Boo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2006, 10:46 PM   #9  
So close to my goal!

S/C/G: 235/190/175

Thank you so much, every one! Honestly, people like you keep me motivated. I can't wait to go home for the summer from college and see my mom, who hasn't seen me since christmas when I was a good 205 lbs, I SO badly want to be at least 180 by then... She'll be so proud and happy for me. We'll keep our fingers crossed
dhouse87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2006, 10:51 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 01/07/10~ 142/136/132

I think you look great! I've just passed the 40lb mark myself,but I don't really see it either.I guess you and I have to wash the goop out of our eyes and wash the mirrors and then take a good look at ourselves because we DO look different!
You can do it! I know you can! Whoo hoo!
Hey, feel free to Pm me if you need to chat!
W.
Wide in Winnipeg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2006, 11:38 PM   #11  
lilybelle

S/C/G: 234/142/145

Height: 5'7

I can definitely see the difference. You are doing great. Posting my pic's on here was a great motivator for me too. Although I was ashamed of my before pic, it helped me to post them. Now, even I can see the difference. I know my clothes size has been getting smaller, but I still felt huge. I now feel better about myself than I ever have. Good Luck and men are welcome here too.
lilybelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2006, 11:51 PM   #12  

Height: 5'3

You're looking awesome. I see a huge difference. And i agree it is hard to see it in ourselves. I see it in the scales and in measurements but when i look in the mirror i cant believe i'm in the 120's. I still feel so fat. Just keep doing what you're doing. Dont get frustrated if you dont see the results. Eventually you'll get to where you want to be, but you have to stick to it. Are you doing cardio and weight training? Anyway, best of luck w/ your summer goal; i think you can achieve it if you keep working hard. stick around. it's nice to have some guys.
shawnamadonna1013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2006, 01:41 AM   #13  
future triathlete

S/C/G: 187.5/148.5/129

Height: 5'2"

First of all - welcome, and congratulations!!! 40 pounds is a HUGE goal - I can't wait to get there myself, although I know it'll be a little while. While it is hard to tell because the before pic is only shoulders and up, you can absolutely see a difference in your face. Not only that, but you look really happy in the after photo, and you really do glow. You've come so far. Don't beat yourself up for what you haven't done so far, be proud of yourself for what you've accomplished - everyone here knows how hard this is. And we know how much it means to you to get rid of those last 15 pounds, so I'm sure you'll always find support here. Hope to see you around some more!
sierra_ttw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2006, 04:48 AM   #14  

You look great you definitely can see the difference. I am a little bit jealous. I am aslo a man I have lost 33 pounds and I have to lose another 59 punds to reach my goal weight.
You look thin on the pictures why do you have to lose 20 punds, I think it's to much. If you lose another 10 pounds than it will be enough.

Last edited by Samgerifan; 04-04-2006 at 12:58 PM.
Samgerifan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2006, 06:40 AM   #15  
MomWifeTeacherFriend

Yahoo for you! Going away to school and TAKING weight off! (Isn't it usually the other way around?) Yipeeeee! I have to agree with all the others here.... You look MAHVELUSSS! Isn't it hard for us to see the changes in ourselves? So many of us here (RIGHT HERE! MEEE!) have such difficult times with body image! I am nearly 40 gone myself, but in my head.... well, you know! Keep up the great work! Your mom is going to be so proud of you! I know THIS MOM is! You and "the gang" WERE drinking water in all those cups, yes?

take care!
HatterasMermaid is offline   Reply With Quote