Success Stories! Share your success stories! Let's work together to make this the busiest forum of all!

Old 12-03-2005, 04:43 PM   #1  
ButDoesntWannaLookLikeOne

S/C/G: 230/218/170

Height: 5'4"

Default Who *especially* do you want to show yourself off to when you hit goal?

Okay, so this may be a really immature/vengeful thread idea, but I thought it might be fun .

When you hit goal (or now that you have) who from your past would you MOST like to "show yourself off" to? And why?

I'll start .

Who: My Aunt Ellen

Why: Because at her son's wedding several years ago, she looked at me and said (in front of EVERYONE) "Kate, I just love your mu-mu." Mu-mu as in those big, tent-like dresses. And it was just a basic, somewhat-formal dress from Eddie Bauer -- NOT a "mu-mu." Yes, it was a size 18, but COME ON!

What about you?
LovesBassets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2005, 05:17 PM   #2  

My ex and all of my sisters. My ex to show him he was stupid to cheat on me. Especially since now that I am so much better off than him. And my sisters because I was always considered that fat one of the family, even though now there is one that is heavier than I am I'd still love to shove it in the face of the other 3 that are starting to creep up in size.
ambabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2005, 06:54 PM   #3  
YP1
Sub-4 marathon runner!

S/C/G: 260/156/148-152

Height: 5 9

My sister. She's never been nasty about my weight at all, but still I want to turn up at her flat one day and be thinner than her.

Sheer unprovoked sibling rivalry, but I'm looking forward to the day that happens! (We're currently the same size so I doubt it will be at Christmas, but possibly when I see her in February or May I'll have made it)
YP1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2005, 07:24 PM   #4  
Melting Butter

I'm just looking forward to my high school reunion. It's been 4 years since I graduated and when I finished I was around 145. It's not so much getting back at anyone because I was a normal size. But I just want to be able to show everyone that I look even better than I did in high school.
healthyme05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2005, 07:42 PM   #5  

Who: My sister-in-law

Why: Because she's always been smaller then the rest of the women in our family and I have always been overweight. She's never said anything directly but has made little comments and has an attitude that she is better then others who are heavy. Me and my husband used to hang out with her and my brother on a regular basis. It always got to me because of her attitude when we when out to eat or go shopping for clothes. I can't wait!!
hlane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2005, 08:35 PM   #6  

Aww, those are so mean.

There was this guy that I really liked awhile ago- I still see run into him every once in awhile. I don't remember word for word what he said, but one night a couple of years ago, something along the lines of "Kristina, I would ask you out because I really like yours personality but I'm dating Tina because she it hot... I wish she acted more like you though."

... thanks.
lucky_me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2005, 08:49 PM   #7  

Who: My soon to be mother-in-law
Why: She constantly told me to my face I was too fat for her son. Humph... I'll show her.

ALso, I'd like to seriously impress my fiance when I see him next. I'm not letting him see me. Haha.
PrcStar17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2005, 08:50 PM   #8  

Oh right, and of course all the girls in school who thought they were too great... lol I'm so mean!
PrcStar17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2005, 08:51 PM   #9  
I'm bringin' SEXY back!!!

Height: 5'3 1/2

I have an ex-boyfriend that I can't wait to show my new and improving bod. I really loved him and wanted to marry him and he told me he wasn't marriage material. Needless to say, just a little over a year later he was married...to someone else. So I can't wait for him to see me and his jaw to drop. *******!
teahoney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2005, 10:25 PM   #10  
Movin on down the scale

I have some friends in Neb, that havnt seen me in a few years.
But most of all my mom and sisters, since we (the kids) were all big growing up, but I was the youngest, yet middle in size, and it seems that size is a BIG issue for my mother and sisters, to a point where they just come out and ask "so what size are you in NOW?" Well, last time I saw them was just over a year ago and one was big as ever, and the other was about the size I am now (she fluctuates like I did). My mother on the other hand I saw in June, and she made a comment about "now that she is married she is CONTENT with her life so she doesnt need to worry anymore about how much of a fat A$$ she gets" !?!?!?! Excuse me? I was NOT happy and I WILL show her by my next birthday that I am SMALLER than her or anyone else in my family!
GonnaLooseitagain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2005, 11:23 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 198/185/129

I would like all of my family to see me at my goal weight. I will probably see alot of them in February at a wedding. So I'd really like to lose a rather large chunk before then.

My husbands side all live back east it will be further out when I see them. But I will love the day I am super thin when they see me. His sister was a Patriots cheerleader and has made under handed comments the last time I saw her.
superstacy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2005, 11:29 PM   #12  
Not giving up!!

S/C/G: 323/200/175

Height: 5'8

My DH family and all my friends from High School!
~~Sunshine~~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2005, 11:29 PM   #13  

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucky_me
Aww, those are so mean.

There was this guy that I really liked awhile ago- I still see run into him every once in awhile. I don't remember word for word what he said, but one night a couple of years ago, something along the lines of "Kristina, I would ask you out because I really like yours personality but I'm dating Tina because she it hot... I wish she acted more like you though."

... thanks.

I can still remember vividly in 7th grade I really liked this boy. It was Valentines Day and I bought him candy and a card. He gave me the gifts back and told me he couldn't accept them because even though he thought I was really pretty I was just too fat for him I sat alone on the bus home from school that day and gobbled up all the candy I had bought for him. Being a 12 year old girl and hearing that I honestly think it did some permanent damage to my self esteem.
hlane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2005, 12:03 AM   #14  

Quote:
Originally Posted by hlane
I can still remember vividly in 7th grade I really liked this boy. It was Valentines Day and I bought him candy and a card. He gave me the gifts back and told me he couldn't accept them because even though he thought I was really pretty I was just too fat for him I sat alone on the bus home from school that day and gobbled up all the candy I had bought for him. Being a 12 year old girl and hearing that I honestly think it did some permanent damage to my self esteem.
awww... that is horrible and just plain mean. When you get to your goal, you can laugh in the faces of people like that when they ask you out. I am a mean and vengeful person.
lucky_me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2005, 01:31 PM   #15  
Going goal.

S/C/G: 316/ticker/140

Height: 5'6" & 3/4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by hlane
My heart goes out to you; I know how you feel darling. I'm just 17 now but all my life I have had family members or people I didn't know make some kind of comment about my weight and when you are young that leaves damage and it did. My friends have never commented on my weight but some are not thin so I am thankful for their support. I've never felt like I was worth it and most days I still don't...
pixiefalls is offline   Reply With Quote