Success Stories! Share your success stories! Let's work together to make this the busiest forum of all!

Closed Thread

Old 09-28-2005, 01:50 PM   #1  

Height: 5'9

Default I've done it!!

Hooray!! I reached and surpassed my goal!! I weighed myself today and I am now at 167 pounds! I now feel better than I have ever felt in my life! I never thought that I could get down to 170 pounds, let alone UNDER 170 pounds!
I feel like a completely brand new person!
Before I lost the weight, I was a size 26 and now I'm in a size 8, 10 or 12...depending on the store. Before I lost the weight, I was wearing a 48-C size bra and now I wear a 36 B! My underwear size used to be a 10 and now I'm in a 6! Before I lost the weight, my BMI was a whopping 42.3 (extremely high risk) and now it's at 24.7 (NORMAL)!!!! Before I lost weight, my shoe size was a 10 and now I'm in a 9.5.
I'm not invisible anymore. I never planned on finding such an attractive woman underneath all of those layers of fat. My fiance's best friend told me the other day that I was beautiful and desireable. Me, desireable? That's one thing that I've NEVER been called!! I get doors held open for me, smiles, people come up and talk to me. I'm not afraid to be myself, to open up, to make a spectacle of myself, to DANCE in public, to flirt!! I'm not just the fat girlfriend anymore who none of Jon's friends really notice all that much. Now, I'm the life of the party and I love every minute of it! When people look at me, I no longer wonder if they're gawking because of my weight. I know I look hot!
I can shop in any store that I choose and I'm not limited in the LEAST to what I can fit into. I can go shopping with my thin girlfriends! I can borrow clothes from my friends and they can borrow clothes from me. I can shop in Victoria's Secret!! I can wear high heals, platforms, and boots with a heel and not have to worry about spraining my ankle because my ankle buckles under the pressure. I can buy bras where ever I want! I can wear sexy underwear! I don't have to worry about wearing my hair a certain style to make sure that my face doesn't look overly fat. I can cut it really short now, if I wanted to!!
I no longer crave junk food, fast food, sweets, or anything bad like that. I ENJOY eating salad!!! I don't sit down to a giant bowl of ice-cream every night now. I eat until I'm full, but not uncomfortably bloated like I used to.
I'm in shape!! I can run, jog, walk for hours, do anything! I can see my muscles and feel my bones! I have bony shoulders!! LOL

Thank you all for all of your wonderful support!! I love you guys!!
Old 09-28-2005, 02:13 PM   #2  
Tired of being fat!

S/C/G: 335/319/165

Height: 5'11

Hooray, Hooray!!!!!!! That is WONDERFUL!!! Can you share your weightloss tips, as far as what you did, etc.

That is great, you should be very proud of not only meeting but SURPASSING your goal!!!

Keep it up, hun!
Old 09-28-2005, 02:23 PM   #3  
Raawwwwr.

I saw your photos, and you are GORGEOUS!!.... so make sure to show it off :wink:

Keep it up, I'm waiting for that number on my scale for when I can post like you !! Congrats!
Old 09-28-2005, 02:35 PM   #4  

Thanks guys!! I know that you can do it too!!

No secret weight loss plan. Really, all I did was cut out junk food, fast food, and fried food. I started eating more healthy stuff, watching my portion sizes, eating a lot of veggies and fruit, cut out the snacking, and I just exercise. That's all I took. Eat less, eat healthier and move more!
Old 09-28-2005, 02:57 PM   #5  
Living the Laguna life...

I think my favorite thing about losing weight is being able to go over to my best friend's house and get dressed before going out...and borrow any of her clothes!! (Except her pants, which are always 4 inches too short...but hey, there's nothing wrong with that!) Congratulations, you are truly an inspiration!
Old 09-28-2005, 03:04 PM   #6  

Default cemetarysiren25

YOU sound like one sassy chick now -
Old 09-28-2005, 04:25 PM   #7  
Mel

Congratulations!

Way to go! Don't leave us now, tho! Stick around. Come hang out at the Maintainers Forum. Hitting goal is a wonderful feeling, but for a lot of us, it's just the beginning of the journey

Mel
Old 09-28-2005, 04:25 PM   #8  
ButDoesntWannaLookLikeOne

S/C/G: 230/218/170

Height: 5'4"

WAY TO GO, CEMETARYSIREN!!!

I WANNA SEE THE PICTURES, TOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Where are they? Member Gallery? I'm gonna go look right now! BUT YOU SHOULD POST 'EM HERE, TOO, CHICKIE!!!! Show yourself off!!!
Old 09-28-2005, 04:33 PM   #9  

Mel: Don't you worry, I'm not going anywhere!! You guys have helped me so much and I'm still on here reading and posting every day! Even though I reached my goal, I'm still going to need support!! Plus, I love helping others as well!! And, who knows, maybe I'll continue to lose even MORE weight! LOL I feel like I'm melting away!

LovesBassetts: LOL You make me laugh! I haven't gotten around to posting my pics yet!! Actually, I don't have any GOOD pictures of recent self...still need to get them developed!!
Old 09-28-2005, 10:30 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 295/225/back to Onederland

Height: 5'5"

That's fantastic news!! Please do stick around as I, for one, am VERY interested in your thoughts as you transition to maintenance, so please keep posting!
Old 09-28-2005, 10:45 PM   #11  
ButDoesntWannaLookLikeOne

S/C/G: 230/218/170

Quote:
Originally Posted by cemetarysiren25
I haven't gotten around to posting my pics yet!! Actually, I don't have any GOOD pictures of recent self...still need to get them developed!!
LOL....no WONDER I couldn't find them...

What are you waiting for, chickie??? I wanna see some pictures!!!

(Cuz it's really all about ME, right? )

Okay, I'll rephrase: "Please Ms. CemetarySiren can we see some photos of your lovely, slender self?" Cuz I really enjoy "after" pics .
Old 09-29-2005, 12:01 AM   #12  
2 wheels is plenty :D

S/C/G: 264/195/150

LovesBassets....always a subtle chick....

Except this time I agree with her!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Pictures developed? So last millenium....we'll even take cheesy cell phone shots - we're not picky
Old 09-29-2005, 10:04 AM   #13  
Pending Email Confirmation

Default Woo-hoo!

Cemetarysiren: Way to go! Your post brought tears to my eyes, it's so uplifting and so wonderful. You deserve it after all the hard work. Congrats!
Old 09-29-2005, 10:19 AM   #14  
Dream Big

S/C/G: 233.4/see ticker/135

Height: 5'2

Thumbs up You are an Inspiration!

Oh honey I am so very very happy for you!! Your story is such an inspiration. You are an inspiration. I am just starting out (or just starting out again,lol) and have about 80 pounds to lose. You give me hope and confidence that this will work! Thank you so much and congratulations !!!! Also like the rest of the ladies pictures pictures pictures please! Oh and the next time you dance, dance for those of us who can't YET do it. Maybe some of the good vibes will give us a boost .
Old 09-29-2005, 10:34 AM   #15  
Chick

S/C/G: 257.5/239.75/155

Height: 5'7 1/2"

Uplifting indeed! Congratulations, that is fantastic. Glad you are having fun!
Closed Thread