Success Stories! Share your success stories! Let's work together to make this the busiest forum of all!

Closed Thread

Old 08-23-2005, 11:12 AM   #1  
slow and steady

S/C/G: 185/see signature/135

Height: 5'4"

Default legs

This morning I discovered something shocking when I got back from the gym.

The lumpy parts of my legs are finally lumpy because there are MUSCLES underneath that are starting to show, instead of because there is a lot of fat on there! The jiggle is going way down, my muscles are finally big enough to show, and my legs look like LEGS instead of like amorphous blobs! My thighs don't look like huge buckets of jello! And, my butt has some substance underneath there after all.

I had been out of shape my entire life until this year. This is seriously the first time in my life I have been able to SEE my thigh muscles. I never thought it would happen.
Old 08-23-2005, 11:13 AM   #2  
aka Superwoman!

S/C/G: SW:226/16st - about 50lbs lost

Height: 5'8"

You have legs... WOO!

Just like we always suspected
Old 08-23-2005, 04:24 PM   #3  

Height: 5'9

Isn't that a wonderful feeling?!! My legs are now more muscular than my "skinny" friends' are! I notics thigh muscles now that I never noticed in the past! I don't have "thin" legs now, like I thought I would, but MUSCULAR, toned legs! It's great!
Old 08-23-2005, 05:10 PM   #4  
ZenLizzie

S/C/G: 250/250/150

Height: 5'4

Muscle tone! What a great reward for hard work.

Good job!!!!
Old 08-24-2005, 04:36 AM   #5  

Yay well done! Always good to hear that exercise does work!! I'm sure we all doubt it at times.
Old 08-24-2005, 06:05 AM   #6  

Awesome work! What a great feeling - go out there and show them off proudly girl!
You rock!
Old 08-24-2005, 09:06 AM   #7  
slow and steady

Thanks guys! I guess I need to go buy a miniskirt. (just kidding, my butt is still too big for one of those! )

Dilleight -- so true, I never used to believe that exercise worked either! I think that was because I was too lazy to work as hard as I should have. But lunges and squats really do work!
Old 08-24-2005, 11:19 AM   #8  
I like jewelry.

Height: 5'7"

Yay for you! Have you been doing any special kind of workout?
Old 08-24-2005, 11:49 AM   #9  
slow and steady

Quote:
Originally Posted by TBJ333
Yay for you! Have you been doing any special kind of workout?
Thanks! As for my workout, I run MWF and do strengthening TTh. I used to only do upper-body strenghtening because I figured running would build up some leg muscles, but for the past couple months I have started doing lunges and squats and other inner/outer thigh exercises too, which I think has made a huge difference (well, that and losing all the fat that was covering up my muscles). Now that I am not completely out of shape, I'm finding it easier to push myself harder in my workouts. Yay, I love exercise now! I used to hate it!
Old 08-24-2005, 12:19 PM   #10  
The Resolute

Congrats!!!
Old 08-24-2005, 05:44 PM   #11  

When I first felt my stomach muscles coming in I would touch them all day and even ask others to touch them, I would have kissed them too if it wouldn't have put me in traction.....Go paperclippy Go!!
Old 08-24-2005, 06:28 PM   #12  
Getting back on track

Height: 5' 9"

Thumbs up Good for you!!!!

I am very happy for you and motivated by your success!

Old 08-24-2005, 06:33 PM   #13  
ButDoesntWannaLookLikeOne

S/C/G: 230/218/170

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trixi
When I first felt my stomach muscles coming in I would touch them all day.....Go paperclippy Go!!
LOL, Trixi. That's how I feel about my calves. I just love 'em so much! I like to stand on my tip-toes in front of the mirror and watch those calf muscles FLEX! I also spend quite a bit of time touching my collar bone. Cuz I CAN -- I'd almost forgotten that I had one!

I can't wait to see what *shows up* next! It sure helps in the motivation-to-exercise-department.
Old 08-24-2005, 09:32 PM   #14  
playin' for keeps

Yay, paperclippy!

Your post made me laugh. I'm a new-ish runner, too, and have noticed some big changes in my legs. The first time I felt my quad muscle sticking out, I thought for a minute that it might be some kind of scary "lump"! what a dork! Now, I find new stuff sticking out every day. I love it! Collarbones are up next.

Enjoy your new legs - sounds like a pair of sexy heels are in order!

Cheers!
paula
Old 08-24-2005, 11:05 PM   #15  

Height: 5'9

Quote:
Originally Posted by LovesBassets
That's how I feel about my calves. I just love 'em so much! I like to stand on my tip-toes in front of the mirror and watch those calf muscles FLEX! I also spend quite a bit of time touching my collar bone. Cuz I CAN -- I'd almost forgotten that I had one!
I'm the exact same way!! I love flexing my calves and turning around to look at the definition! I love it! And I'm ALWAYS touching my collar bone and looking at it in the mirror!! It's been such a long time since it's peaked out through my skin and such a long time since I could feel all of it! I had amost forgot that I had one too! LOL
Closed Thread