Success Stories! Share your success stories! Let's work together to make this the busiest forum of all!

Closed Thread

Old 06-17-2005, 05:04 PM   #1  

Thumbs up Happiness! Size 16 at last....

Today, when I went to walmart's, I bought a pants outfit in a size 16.

Most of my clothes are size 22/24, which are getting loose on me except for at my waist, cause I have a real apple figure...waist of 41 1/2 inches, hips at 46.
Well, I bought this outfit thinking it would hang in my closet for at least a month before I lost enough to even get the pants over my tummy.

Nope! The actual waistband is a little snug, but it fit right across my bottom and tummy, and the top fits too.

I'll still put it up and wait a little bit longer to see if that apple of mine will come down, since this is something like an early fall outfit and I don't want to roast in it. Hopefully, by the time I put it back on, it will be as loose as my 22s!
Old 06-22-2005, 11:36 AM   #2  
Bye bye baby weight!!

S/C/G: 242/233/150

Height: 5'5"

Congratulations!!! I actually just had a very similar experience, so I know how good it feels to fit into something that you didn't think you would. I'm EXTREMELY HAPPY for you!!! Keep going, you're doing an AWESOME job!!
Old 06-22-2005, 11:53 AM   #3  
slow and steady

S/C/G: 185/see signature/135

Height: 5'4"

WTG! Don't you love it when you fit into something that you bought as inspiration? I bought my size 10 pants when they were WAY snug (like, major pantylines) to help motivate me, and now they are loose!
Old 06-22-2005, 12:05 PM   #4  

And this morning, I could comfortably fit in my size 40 Olga bra...Couldn't do it two weeks ago when I bought it. Couldn't do it last week when I was showing it to my husband.

What an interesting voyage of discovery this is turning into.
Old 06-22-2005, 03:17 PM   #5  
Eat well, Live well

WTG! Love that feeling. Right now, I can get myself into a 14, but it's not quite right yet, just a couple more weeks. Had the same thing with 16's about a month ago. For me, it's just getting into the clothes that I bought on the "way up".
Old 06-22-2005, 03:32 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 185/185/150

Height: 5'4"

Talking numbers

these numbers are much more exciting on the way down, than they were on the way up.
Old 06-22-2005, 03:49 PM   #7  

You know that...I haven't been in a 16 since about 1980 or thereabouts...and I went out and bought another outfit today (cheap, at walmart) just because I am tirerd of how loose the other pants fit me!

Wow...the thought of not having to go to the plus size places to shop...it's such a new concept to me....
Old 06-23-2005, 10:39 PM   #8  
Starting over once again

Congratulations!!!

My sister just lost 85 lbs. We went shopping together a few months ago & she, out of habit, went over to the fat people section with me to shop. Everything in that section fell off of her. She just couldn't & still can't get it in her head that she is skinny now & can wear normal sizes. It amazes me that losing weight is as much mental as it is physical.
Old 06-24-2005, 10:40 AM   #9  

Oh I love this thread!!! I bought a couple of pairs of shorts a couple of weeks ago in Target!!! Not in the plus size shops that I've had to shop in! Already they are loose and I'm always pulling them up.
I love putting on clothes that I would have steered clear of before...not tunic length tops, more fitted pants...and finding that they look good on me.
It really is an amazing journey.
Old 06-24-2005, 11:08 AM   #10  
You Can!

Wink

That is so awesome to read everyone's progress. I am happy to say that I am now fitting some size 20s. Congrats to you all and keep up the good work!
Old 07-01-2005, 12:05 PM   #11  

Went to Shopko yesterday, and bought some knit tops (tees and tanks) and in a size 14/16! can't do that with wovens yet, but I am getting there.

Oh it's so exciting!

Old 07-01-2005, 01:23 PM   #12  
5lbs fat vs 5 lbs muscle

Height: 5'6

Clapping!!! Oh joy Oh Happiness I can't wait until I get there.

Shoot this morning I went and tried on my hubby jeans because I didn't have any clean ones and I could never get his jeans on me because he is smaller than me. the farthest I could pull them up was to my thighs and it was over from there, but today they magically slid right over my hips and fit me perfectly!!! Hallelujah!! They are not small by far they were a size 42 guess jeans (no strectchy material there LOL), and I was able to fit them. I was always embarassed because I am bigger than my husband but now I'm getting smaller and hopefully he will be the bigger one and I be the smaller one. I was small when he met me and I wanna get back to that place. But my ultimate reason for wanting to lose weight is to get healthier!!!! Woohoo it's time to celebrate.

Last edited by MrsDawsondn; 07-01-2005 at 01:30 PM.
Old 07-01-2005, 02:21 PM   #13  
Bye bye baby weight!!

S/C/G: 242/233/150

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsDawsondn
but today they magically slid right over my hips and fit me perfectly!!! Hallelujah!!
Just did the same thing with my husband's jeans!! I have been saying to him that I will really feel like I am accomplishing something when I can wear his jeans again (size 34 waist). A few days ago just out of curiosity, and because I had no clean pants of my own, I pulled on his jeans and they are actually a little roomy !! Oh what a wonderful feeling!!! By the end of summer I know that I will be smaller than him and I am SO excited!!! Congrats to everyone!! WE ARE DOING IT!!!
Old 07-01-2005, 02:41 PM   #14  
You Can!

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knitting_a_Conundrum
Went to Shopko yesterday, and bought some knit tops (tees and tanks) and in a size 14/16! can't do that with wovens yet, but I am getting there.

Oh it's so exciting!

That is so awesome! Don't worry, you'll be fitting those wovens in no time. Keep up the good work chick!
Old 07-01-2005, 02:45 PM   #15  
You Can!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsDawsondn
Shoot this morning I went and tried on my hubby jeans because I didn't have any clean ones and I could never get his jeans on me because he is smaller than me. the farthest I could pull them up was to my thighs and it was over from there, but today they magically slid right over my hips and fit me perfectly!!! Hallelujah!! They are not small by far they were a size 42 guess jeans (no strectchy material there LOL), and I was able to fit them. I was always embarassed because I am bigger than my husband but now I'm getting smaller and hopefully he will be the bigger one and I be the smaller one. I was small when he met me and I wanna get back to that place. But my ultimate reason for wanting to lose weight is to get healthier!!!! Woohoo it's time to celebrate.
I am so proud of you. You are such a wonderful inspiration, both physically and spiritually. You go girl! Keep up the good work! One day you're gonna try on his jeans and those bad boys are gonna fall right back off ya!
Closed Thread