Success Stories! Share your success stories! Let's work together to make this the busiest forum of all!

Closed Thread

Old 05-02-2001, 07:06 PM   #1  

Angry

Have anyone tried the apple cider vinegar diet? With this diet you drink a teaspoonful of vinegar with a glass of warm water three times a day before or with your meal. I took the pill form with each meal. It makes me use the bathroom alot. I have been on the low carb diet while taking the tablets for a week. I have lost 5 pounds. I wonder if it just water waste. If anyone ever been on this diet or know someone who had success with this diet please let me know.
Old 05-03-2001, 02:58 PM   #2  
Uber-Moderator!!

Default Check this link out...

http://my.webmd.com/content/article/1671.52150

In short, unfortunately it's another one for the "doesn't work" category.

If you do a Web search you WILL find sites that claim apple cider vinegar (in pills or straight) is effective for weight loss (plus a bunch of other ailments) but you will find that 99.9% of those sites are also SELLING their own version of it which doesn't exactly make them an unbiased source of info!

Take care...
Old 05-06-2001, 03:25 PM   #3  

i use 1 tbls. liquid 2-3x day and i seem to eat less when i do.
Old 05-11-2001, 04:55 PM   #4  

I am on day 1 of trying it. I am taking 3 tsp with a big glass of cold water 20 min before each meal and I have noticed that I am not as hungry.

My grandmother swore by it but I was so young I don't remember why. I am giving it a shot..what the heck..it is cheap. I am just using the generic apple cider vinegar from the grocery store.

In addition to this however, I am also walking each day, drinking lots of water and trying to improve my eating habits in general. I just got done reading "Life Strategies" by Phil McGraw and am going to get started on the workbook. Also, I am just starting to read "The 10 Habits of Naturally Slim people and how to make them a part of your life"...can't remember the author at the moment.

Anyway, I am taking a little piece of a lot of different programs and putting them all together for "my" program and the vinegar just happens to be a part of it. Not only that but I love the taste so..who knows. Maybe it will help.
Happy25 (I am 27 now)
172/165/130
Old 05-11-2001, 07:44 PM   #5  

Default me too

I am on my first day on the ACV diet and i seem to be less hungry. I am using the liquid
and i am just wondering if the pill is better.
Old 05-14-2001, 05:19 PM   #6  

nothing new to report. I wont weigh myself till friday..that would be one week.

My mom made me lobster for dinner yesterday! YUM! Lots of butter so I am sure that didn't help1

Anywho...the only thing I can say for sure is that I am not as hungry which is great! No more dexatrim and all that other crap!

Anyone else having any luck with this...would love to know?
Happy25

Last edited by happy25; 05-14-2001 at 05:22 PM.
Old 05-14-2001, 05:33 PM   #7  

Default hi

Is everyone taking the liquid or doing the pills? I am taking the liquid . IS anyone having any
problems with it i have been constipated but i don;t know if it is from this or what. IS anyone
following an eatting plan along with this or taking any supplements? I have also been
doing ww exchanges and i am thinking about taking some supplements.
Old 05-15-2001, 10:26 AM   #8  

Lightbulb

wwgal,
I am just using the generic liquid from the grocery store. As far as suppliments I am taking a one a day multi vitamin.

I am also just trying to make healthier eating choices. Also, the book I mentioned earlier...10 habits of naturall slim people...is really good. Like, the concept of eating when I am hungry and stopping when I am full!?!?!?!? I love it. And, actually chewing my food?! Oh...you mean I don't have to eat as fast as I can?

Ok..I have babbled enough. Will weigh in on Friday and see where I am at.
Happy25
Old 05-15-2001, 01:58 PM   #9  

Default happy25

happy, I just saw your post and it brought tears to my eyes. Not the vinegar, but the Great Falls, MT. My son is stationed there and it has been 13 months since I have seen him. I miss him sooooooooo much!

I am taking the apple cider vinegar tablets. I've lost 43 pounds, but, I'm also counting calories so I can't give credit to just one thing.

Have a wonderful week!
Ramona
Old 05-15-2001, 03:05 PM   #10  

Default acv pills

what brand pills are you taking.
Old 05-15-2001, 03:43 PM   #11  

Default Yeah Ramona!

Ramona,
Congratulations on the 43 lbs!!

I am sorry you miss your son so badly. That must really be tough. Mine is only 6 and I can NOT imagine him growing up and leaving home! How soon till you will be able to see him again?

It is a beautiful day here today! Execept of course for the wind...which is a constant.

How many calories/day are you consuming? Just wondering.
Old 05-17-2001, 03:42 PM   #12  

Default happy

Thanks for your reply. I'm trying to keep it at around 1500 calories per day, but I don't usually get that many in each day. It's probably more in the neighborhood of 1300. I'm amazed at how much food that is when you choose carefully. I never go hungry. The ACV can't hurt either.
Ramona
Old 05-17-2001, 03:45 PM   #13  

Default p.s. happy

I will get to see my son in November. He will be home for 30 days before going overseas again for a year. This will be our first holiday together since 1999. I'm already planning the menu!!!
Ramona
Old 05-26-2001, 08:15 PM   #14  

Have you tried half a cup of pineapple juice with the ACV? (Yum, yum) I also add a little water and some ice cubes to it so its not so sweet. It tastes really good! Also, I don't snack in between meals whenever I use the ACV. It calms my appetite.

~~~Lynette J.
Closed Thread