Success Stories! Share your success stories! Let's work together to make this the busiest forum of all!

Closed Thread

Old 06-17-2004, 04:01 PM   #1  

Default Things I can do now

I weighed on August 5, 2003...319 pounds...today I weighed in at 195, but the most thrilling part of all this is things I can do today that I wouldn't even of dreamed of back then.....I have walked 4 miles almost every day since then, but starting about a week ago I started to run....yes ME running. I also bike when I can, the closes town is 4.5 miles away, I try to on a weekly basis make that round trip in. I also got the braces off my top teeth, and I had to cry when I got into my vehicle after this.....I've had crooked front teeth for all my life...they are so straight now....I just smile and smile and smile.....I can wear some of my kid's and my hubby's clothes...they of course get upset, but secretly I think they enjoy knowing that I can wear them. I bought some toe rings. I'm wearing them now...me with a toe ring on....its just too cool!!!!!!! My hubby tells me all the time how proud he is of me...I think tho, I'm more prouder of myself...I proved to myself that I can do it...it is possible. I find that I try more things....because I have proven time and time again of all what I am capable of....I'm not self-conscious like I use to be. I go in front of crowds of people....I use to like to not attract attention, now I find that I don't mind the attention. I ventured into a clothing store I have never shopped in before....and had a shopping spree in there....I find I'm more picky about what I buy now. ( I know where my daughters get that from now..hehe) I take care of me now....I take that extra time to give me some pampering...I'm so worth it. I want to lose another 45 pounds...this is all virgin territory right now and each pound lost is a miracle to me. Its been a struggle from day one, but I wouldn't change anything to be where I am today. I thank God every day, that he gave me the strength to begin this journey. I think I have a better relationship with my kids....I find that I'm more intuned to them and not afraid to do things with them and their friends...My daughter gets married August 7th of this year. I will be a "buff mother of the bride" for her....for me....I won't shrink in horror when I see the wedding pictures...Thanks for listening...It is possible...its up to you to do it...it so worth it..Mary
Old 06-17-2004, 04:09 PM   #2  
Head Princess

Mary, congratulations! You've come a long way, baby!
Old 06-17-2004, 04:17 PM   #3  
One step at a time...

S/C/G: 236/236/166

Wow 124# in less then a year! That is amazing! You deserve the "Standing O" and I just hand those out every day You should be shouting from the roof tops so everyone knows just how terrific you are going! <-- = you!
Old 06-17-2004, 05:00 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 344/279.1/???

Height: 5'6"

that is so amazing. you've truly left me speechless with your story (that doesn't happen too often). Kudos to you and good luck with the next 45.
Old 06-18-2004, 07:32 AM   #5  

Thank you so much for sharing with us Mary! What you've accomplished is outstanding and you should be very proud of yourself. The rewards you are experiencing now are so worth all the hard work, sweat and tears you must have endured over the last year. Keep up the good work, stay determined and that last 45 lbs. will be gone in no time. Congratulations Mary!!

Beverly
Old 06-24-2004, 02:55 PM   #6  

Congratulations!!!! That is wonderful! Continue to believe in yourself & you can do anything (even if you have days when you think you can't, go through the motions & act as if you can until the feeling is real).

What an inspiration you are !
Old 06-29-2004, 05:30 AM   #7  
Hello Kitty

That is fabulous and truly inspirational!!
Old 06-29-2004, 10:03 AM   #8  

Thanks everyone. I wrote my story above, because I know myself I looked for inspirational stories when I'm losing weight...I guess to see that I'm not alone in this struggle....and its not easy. But don't give up. I can do it....you can do it. The choice is ours.
Old 07-05-2004, 10:46 PM   #9  
Onward and downward!

Mary,

I have just read your story and want to add my congratulations to those you have already received. I am inspired by your story. May your success continue .

Lucia
Old 07-20-2004, 01:12 PM   #10  
I climb mountains!

S/C/G: 284/208/145

Sunflower Mama, thank you for sharing your story! I applaud your success, and would love to hear more from you on your journey! Have you peeked over at the Maintainers forum or 100 lb forums? Please return and continue to share! You'd be in the company of some other success stories, and would continue to impact the people who get energized by your experience -- myself included!

My hat is off to you......GREAT JOB!!
Old 07-25-2004, 09:40 AM   #11  
living, breathing, moving

S/C/G: 230/170/135

Height: 5*5ish

truly inspirational. what a couragous journey you entered on, and kudos to all your accomplishments.
Old 07-25-2004, 10:49 AM   #12  

CONGRATULATIONS!!!! Sunflower Mama.
I know its a struggle, I haven't made it there yet, the goal, that is, but when I read stories like yours, I know it can be done, and I'm going to do it before I get to old to care. (If there is such an age, cause I'm sure old!) LOL.
Congrats, again for a job well done.
Keep us posted.
Closed Thread