Success Stories! Share your success stories! Let's work together to make this the busiest forum of all!

Closed Thread

Old 06-12-2004, 09:37 AM   #1  
Pending Email Confirmation

Talking 1st week down, and WHOOHOOOHOOO!!!!

Hi everyone,
Just wanted to post my good news. Today was my 1st week weigh-in. I am doing a simple lowfat diet, nothing fancy. 1200 cals and staying around 25g fat, 40g protien and 60g carbs aday. I have been walking every day, only about 1 mile aday, and also did daily workouts at Curves and as a result I have lost 8.5lbs (eight and a half pounds)this week.
I know most of it is probably water and thats ok. I feel great and stepping on those scales today and seeing what I have accomplished has given me the srength and determination to keep going and lose the rest...

p.s Thanks to all the ladies over at "Stay At Home Moms" support group thread for helping me over the past week. Not only am I a loser, I am a loser with new friends!!

WhoooHoooooHooooo

Just an update, I weighed myself this morning (Sunday, the day I was supposed to weigh in) and have lost another 1.5lbs. so thats 10lbs gone whooohoooo....

Last edited by nagsalot; 06-13-2004 at 10:38 PM.
Old 06-12-2004, 09:53 AM   #2  

Congrats! Honestly, water weight is God's gift to dieters, hehe! I am just starting out myself and I've already seen positive results too, and I know that there's nothing like a positive result to keep you on track.
Old 06-12-2004, 11:29 AM   #3  

oh, you are sooo right there.
To be very honest, the last few days had me very unmotivated, although I still pushed to do what I need to do, it just didnt feel like I was accomplishing much. but after standing on that scale, it has boosted my motivation, and determination, WAY back up. thanks for replying to my post and I wish you much success with your own weightloss journey.
Old 06-13-2004, 04:42 PM   #4  
stbakd

wtg loser (in a good way) and gained
glen
Old 06-13-2004, 10:27 PM   #5  
Tasha

Red face

Wow, that is amazing. I wanted to say congrats! I must say there is a lot of willpower to keep your carbs below 100 a day. Let me tell you! =)...

Keep up the good work!
Old 06-13-2004, 10:35 PM   #6  

Geeez, Can I give you a big WOW too. I was looking at your pic from Jan and a June pic and OMG, that is quite a difference. You look like a new person. can I be nosey and ask how much you lost in those 5 months??

Thankyou for your nice comments in regards to my own weightloss. Someday, I hope I have the nerve up to just post my picture. I took one of myself, well my son took it for me, but I dont have the nerve to show anyone. I am 32 years old and mabey have all of 10 pics of myself and that includes the ones on my drivers licence and my military ID card lol.

If I can accomplish my goals (when I accomplish them) the first thing I think I will do is have someone take a picture of me in a nice outfit.

thanks again and congrat to you on your amazing results.
Old 06-13-2004, 10:42 PM   #7  
Tasha

Red face

No one is gonna judge you here. I promise. Every one is here for the same reason; to give and get support for weight loss. I am sure you are beautiful no matter what because every is in there own way. But if it makes you uncomfortable posting your photo, then you shouldn't. But if you're just scared, go ahead and try it! Well, thank you very much. On Jan 27, I started out at 190, and now I am sliding right in at 169. So, it has been a 20 lb. weightloss. But I have been dedicated and only messed up a few times, but never so much where I ever gained any weight back, except for that evil TOM. But yes, I would like to see your photos whenever you are comfortable to put a face to your words. Good luck on your continued weight loss.\

God bless!
Old 06-13-2004, 11:17 PM   #8  

lol, well I went ahead and put my photo, that I took last Sunday, in my profile. it's a crappy picture and blurry and i am sure it will scare some folk, but I wont be looking like that a year from now. thankyou for giving me a little courage to post my pic and again congrat on such a wonderful achievment.
Old 06-14-2004, 12:14 AM   #9  

WOW!! Thats great... 10 lbs in a week!!! Way to go.. Ive been doing a low cal/low fat diet for 6 days.. a week tomorrow. I have like a total of 6 lbs. I love seeing pics of before and during/after. I need to get a before pic taken. Any one of you want to buddy up?
My stats are...
SW: 231
CW: 225
GW: 160
6'1" Large frame
Old 06-14-2004, 12:33 AM   #10  

Way to go! Awesome Job, I love seeing success stories =)
Old 06-14-2004, 12:35 AM   #11  

Wow, La Tasha, I am also impressed with your progress!! Wow!!!!!
Old 06-14-2004, 12:39 AM   #12  

Thanks MrsJune,
I would be happy to buddy up with you. I am not sure how we go about doing that lol but we can if you would like. let me know...
Old 06-14-2004, 03:30 AM   #13  
Tasha

Red face

I wanted to tell you that I think you look great right now and I am happy that you are ready to make a change in your life. Keep in touch and never stop believing in yourself and quit, because you can ALWAYS succeed.

Take care and God Bless.
Closed Thread