Success Stories! Share your success stories! Let's work together to make this the busiest forum of all!

Closed Thread

Old 04-30-2004, 04:32 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 178/see ticker/113

Height: 5'3

Default Goal!!!!!!

Hi!
I actually hit my goal weight on April 16 but didn't see this forum until now. I am a regular poster in the stay at home mom's thread on the support group boards.

But I can't help but want to share my story and my success with all of you! My name is Spryng (pronounced spring, like the season) and I have not struggled with my weight all my life as some of you have. I was 106 lbs the day I was married 6 years ago, a petite size 2/4. Well after getting married and going on the pill and losing my job at that time I quickly gained 40 lbs within 8 months! I had never been over 110 lbs so that felt like 500 lbs to me and my self esteem quickly vanished. Then of course I became pregnant with my daughter and went up to 195 lbs. I was miserable and hated my body. After giving birth to her I never had time to try and get the weight off because I became pregnant again when my daughter was just 2 months old (suprise suprise!) And quickly went back up to 195 lbs. After my ds was born I quickly got on birth control (lol) but didn't do anything about my weight. A few weeks after he was born I was down to 160 lbs, but I still looked pregnant and huge. I don't know why I waited for so long but I didn't began dieting until he was 6 months old. And then it was one diet after another. Atkins, low fat, food combining, pills, slimfast, dean ornish, carbohydrate addicts diet, suzanne somers, etc. I tried it all. My best friend was getting married so my goal was to get to 135 lbs by her wedding date. The day of her wedding I was 134 lbs! I had made it. Alot of hard work and half starvation but I made it. I was beginning to like my body again, I was back into a size 8 jean, I felt sexy again but it was short lived. I went through a very rough time in my marriage and then we made a big descision to move out of state so I quickly gained weight and was back up to 160 lbs. It sucked so bad. At this time too we were trying for a 3rd baby and the night we moved into our new home in this new state I concieved. So of course now dieting was out and I tried to make better choices while pregnant to not gain as much weight but I still ballooned up to 194 lbs. but this time I knew I would not wait 6 months after he was born to do something about it. As soon as my 3rd baby arrived I waited the 6 weeks, and in that time I was down to 172 lbs, and then when I got the ok from my doc I got back on atkins. But I hated it. I lost 8 lbs in 3 weeks on it. But I hate being told what I can and can't eat. Then a dear friend of mine whom I met on the SAHM's board offered to help me get started on weight watchers. At that time WW was changing over from it's winning points plan to it's flexpoints plan and she sent me all her winning points materials to get me started. My DH had got a new job driving over the road as a truck driver so she knew I could not attend the meetings with 3 small children to take care of. So I jumped at the prospect. It really was heaven sent to me. The day the materials came in the mail I began my unofficial WW journey. I have never been one to stick with any diet more than 3-4 weeks at most and here I am almost 8 months later still doing WW and loving it. Am I endorsing it? No, I just feel like when you find a plan that can truly become a lifestyle for you you can't help but shout it from the rooftops! lol. But within these 7 1/2 months I have went from a size 16 to a size 10 (I would still like to be an 8 again) I've lost a total of 42.5 lbs as of today and I hit my WW goal weight of 130 lbs on the 16th of April, and as of today I am 129.5 lbs. I can't even remember what being in the 120's feels like, but here I am now! Loving it to the fullest! I would still like to make my personal goal 125 lbs but I can get there when I get there. I'm not in a hurry. I have regained my confidence as a woman throughout this journey. I love the way clothes fit me and I love the way I look with them off too, lol. Hey, that is a big deal for a woman! Especially a mother of 3, lol.
But there is my story in a nutshell. Will I still have to battle my weight? Sure... I suppose I'll never be able to eat what I want and never gain an ounce like pre-marriage, but I accept that as who I am now and all that I have gone through and learned in the process. I am truly happy with the woman I have become and so thrilled to share this success story with all of you. Sorry it was so long. And thank my very dear friend for getting me started on WW!! Ginny you are the best!
Thanks for reading
Old 04-30-2004, 04:50 PM   #2  

Congradulations on reaching goal! Weather you are losing 20 or 200 lbs it is an accomplishment to reach goal and get healthy!
Old 04-30-2004, 04:51 PM   #3  
It is what it is...

Spryng - CONGRATULATIONS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You have done an awesome job...your story has really inspired me. I started on WW on Jan 6 of this year at 233.5 ( I do it at home too ) and am now down to 199...I really like the program but it really helps to hear from women like yourself who have met their goals on the program...again CONGRATS !!!
Old 04-30-2004, 08:49 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 307/187/130

Height: 5'4"

Spryng- You are my hero, and most certainly are the brave mascot of the sahm!! I'm so happy for you to have reached your goal!!

Michelle
Old 04-30-2004, 09:17 PM   #5  
Old Cackler

i LOVE success stories!!!! you've worked soo hard.. and look what you've accomplished!!!! have you seen the new maintainers forum???? ya GOTTA show up and share!

great job, spryng!!!
Old 04-30-2004, 10:44 PM   #6  

Awesome and inspiring to those of us still trying to lose! Good for you, Spryng!!!
Old 05-02-2004, 01:18 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 344/279.1/???

Height: 5'6"

That is super. Way to go. You are truly an inspiration.
Old 05-02-2004, 02:16 PM   #8  
Ilene the Bean

CONGRATS SPRYNG! Come join us at Maintainers and at Ladies (and Gents) Who Lift!
Do you weight train? It's a great way to maintain that great weight loss!
Old 05-02-2004, 04:36 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 178/see ticker/113

Height: 5'3

No I don't weight train but I'm thinking of starting it up again to lose some inches. Thanks for the kind words and the invitation to join you all!! Thanks so much!
Old 05-04-2004, 12:30 AM   #10  
I AM MY KIDS MOM

S/C/G: 208/162/135

Height: 5' 2.5"

Just wanted to say CONGRATS!
Old 05-04-2004, 10:56 AM   #11  
A Mighty Thump

Height: 5 feet 4 inches!

What a great story Spryng and what battles you have won .

You really are an inspiration, congratulations!
Old 05-06-2004, 09:21 PM   #12  

that is really great news. it makes you feel so good when you reach your goal. i have ways to my goal but i will make it. sue
Closed Thread