Success Stories! Share your success stories! Let's work together to make this the busiest forum of all!

Closed Thread

Old 02-28-2001, 04:59 AM   #1  

My girlfriend and I have lost almost 260 pounds together. Our success story in the making can be found at : http://www.dontweightaround.com
We started WW on April 20, 2000 to lose the weight.

[This message has been edited by bclenney (edited 02-27-2001).]
Old 02-28-2001, 09:11 AM   #2  

All I have to say is WOW!!!!. You guys have done so great! The pictures on the website say it all. You are both very inspiring!
Old 02-28-2001, 10:04 AM   #3  
Uber-Moderator!!

I have to second that...you and your girlfriend are both very fortunate to have each other for support...so many of us have unsupportive family and/or friends to deal with...some being downright saboteurs.

My boss is also watching her calories and I NEVER offer her food or tell her about snacks in the kitchen, etc. I just make sure she has plenty of water. She's doing great!

MrsJim
265/155/145
Old 02-28-2001, 03:29 PM   #4  
(Barca)

Well done both of you! What an inspiring story. Keep up the good work. It's so nice to have someone to accompany you on your weight loss journey.
I don't have anyone personally but I have all the members of this web site to help and inspire like the two of you.

Ann
Greetings from Spain

------------------
Have no doubts about your success. You will succeed!

81.3 kilos /66.5 kilos / 56 kilos (WW) / 52 kilos (personal)
178 lbs / 146 lbs / 123 lbs (WW) / 114 lbs (personal)

10%: 150½lbs / 68.5 - reached 24/01/01

Goal for the end of February: 145 lbs / 65.9 kilos
Old 03-01-2001, 10:08 AM   #5  

TERRIFIC! Congratulations! Do you hve any words of wisdom to share? I have been OP for 8 months and have lost 45lbs. I am at a plateau and wonder if you two have any suggestions for getting going and getting rid of the fat. Keep up the good work.
Old 03-02-2001, 02:19 AM   #6  

Hi everyone!

Thanks for the kind words I can't tell you how happy I am about how the weight loss has been coming along. What you said is so true, MrsJim, I have seen that time and again. It isn't so bad for me this time, but even when offered, I just say no thanks. I've just made up in my mind that I will succeed this time, and no one can stop me. Everyone is right, it has been a big help that Katerina and I are both doing this at the same time. There are days that I may have just said.. forget it, I'll just get a pizza, and instead I cooked for her, because she doesn't get home from work till 8pm. Regarding plateaus, I'm not sure miflower. You might want to try jumping your points around for a week. Eat the minimum for a day, then the max the next, back and forth. I have heard that can shake up your metabolism. You may want to try exercising more, or if you are exercising a lot, then actually eat more. You may be causing the plateau by not eating enough for the level of exercise you are holding. Definately don't give up whatever the case. I'm sure that eventually the plateau will break. You'll be happy then that you stuck with it!

Brian

------------------
http://www.dontweightaround.com
Old 03-07-2001, 08:52 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 148.8

Height: 5 ft

Default To the Girls in Kentucky

I haven't visited your website yet, but I intend to do so. You both have done tremendously well. I, too, for God knows how many time in my lifetime have started a new program. For the past 37 days I have only missed one day exercising on the treadmill. My doctor encouraged me to do this every day. He also warned me the weight loss would be slow (1 lb. a week), and that's exactly how it is happening. I can't wait to see your website. You are so lucky to have each other!
Nita
Old 03-09-2001, 12:17 AM   #8  
Finally out of the 160's!

congrats -- what a loss!

it's a very special thing, what you're doing together

must be sooo nice to have someone so close to you who understands. I am guessing that you live together? That must make it easier on menus as well. I live with my boyfriend and we have completely different eating habits and nutritional needs. Very difficult.

Thanks for showing us your site... it's quite an inspiration!!!!!
Old 03-09-2001, 12:22 AM   #9  

By the way, your girlfriend is absolutely gorgeous, big or small, and wow, am I the only one who noticed how fast her hair grows? LOL.

You're a lucky man.

And she is one lucky woman to have a supportive guy like you!
Old 03-09-2001, 12:27 AM   #10  

I have another "by the way" -- sorry!!! -- I see that you've been to Vancouver; I hope you come back and enjoy the city again. It truly is quite a beautiful and busy place!
Old 03-14-2001, 06:43 PM   #11  

Hi everyone,

An update: We're up to 270 pounds loss now!
To Motivation2001: I agree, she is beautiful Yes we will be back in Vancouver this May most likely. We are going to Bellingham, WA (her home town) for vacation and will most likely make the trek to Canada.

Brian
Old 03-26-2001, 04:38 PM   #12  
yagottawanna

Default what inspiration

I've just started this weight loss journey again today, and am so glad I stumbled upon your post..... you and Katerina are truly success stories. I really like the way you started taking pictures at the beginning....... you knew you were going to make it.
keep it up, and I'll continue to check in with you. And hope all went well with Fergie!!!!! They need to put you guys in the commercials.

jess
Old 03-26-2001, 10:12 PM   #13  

Thanks Jess

I have an update.. Katerina has reached her Weight Watchers goal and only has about 8 pounds to her personal goal!

Brian
Old 03-28-2001, 12:43 PM   #14  
yagottawanna

Default yeee ha

hi again brian--

I did write last night, but was booted off and lost the message. Just wanted to say please give Katerina my congratulations. I think what she has done is amazing. And truly inspirational. Let her know that after reading your stories and seeing your pix, I was able to walk on by a pack of sinful chocolate covered cookies on offer in my office yesterday.

Way to go...
er, I mean weigh to go

jess
Old 03-29-2001, 12:00 AM   #15  
I AM MY KIDS MOM

S/C/G: 208/162/135

Height: 5' 2.5"

Default Thanks!

I just wanted to say WOW that is incredible but most of all THANKS! I have lost 13+ pounds so far but was getting discouraged but I stubbled apon your post and it inspired me! THanks again and that is incredible!!!!! pENNY
Closed Thread