Success Stories! Share your success stories! Let's work together to make this the busiest forum of all!

Closed Thread

Old 11-03-2000, 09:11 PM   #1  
Getting better every day!

Hi everyone-
I have been posting my successes mostly on Wednesday Weighers and the Countdown to . . . threads, first Countdown to 175 and now Countdown to 150. Even though I am about 1/2 way there, I have a great success to share with everyone which I consider a GREAT side effect to losing weight.
I have been buying pants at a plus-size shop for years, they have the style I like and the price is generally good. When I first purchased them, I bought size 18. They looked good and fit fine; however, last January, when I went back to WW, they were rather snug.
After I started WW and began to lose, they eventually became bigger and by June, they just about fell off. Because I work in a school and don't work over the summer months, I held off on buying new pants until August. I then purchased size 16.
It seems like almost overnight, they became too big-I purchased size 14 last night. THAT IS THE SMALLEST SIZE THE STORE SELLS!!!
Unfortunately, they were not on sale, so I paid more than I should have.
I am quite pleased with this. Now I do understand that many manufacturers have different sizing methods and this does not mean I have reached the size 14 officially, but it is a step in the right direction!
Actually, I have some pants I have not worn for years and now they fit fine-they are a regular size 18. My jeans are a size 18, but last November, I needed size 22.
The size doesn't matter as much as how I feel. I have lost 46.6 lbs. since January 12, 2000. I have roughly 50 lbs. to go and have no idea what size I will be then, but I'm looking forward to the journey.
Incidentally, I also took 42!! pieces of clothing to the resale shop yesterday-All my fat clothes!!
Best of luck to all of us on our journey!!!

219.6/173/46.6 gone/120-125 goal

------------------
Donna
[email protected] (work)
[email protected](home)
Old 11-04-2000, 09:25 AM   #2  

Way to go! May we all have such wonderful side effects!

I have lost 13 pounds (over 100 to go) and I get excited about pants that hang. They're still staying up so I'm keeping them. I need to try on my "less-fat-by-one-size" wardrobe to see if anything fits now. Wouldn't it be awesome if I missed them on the way down?

Old 11-05-2000, 08:15 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 214/214/150

Height: 5'0"

Congratulations! Sizes are too confusing. I have clothes varying in sizes according to the tag, but they all fit about the same.
Don't feel guilty about spending too much money. You're worth it and you deserve to pamper and reward yourself.
Old 11-06-2000, 02:42 AM   #4  
Chick

Wow djp, Congratulations to you! You must look and feel pretty terrific. Good job.

I totally understand how you feel, though I have yet to have the successes you have attained! But I will, and I am celebrating each and every little victory I have.

------------------
~ Tina ~ 263/252/237(10%)
Old 11-08-2000, 06:55 AM   #5  

Am down a scanty 8 lbs. at WW, but can enjoy the spin-off from this group.

Having anything feel loose right about now would make me REAL happy.

Keep up the good work girls! Glad to be part of this group!
Old 11-08-2000, 08:07 PM   #6  

I have lost a scant 8 lbs., and gained 1 - but feel I am in good company now, and hope to lose 6 lbs. to break the bg 200 by Dec. 1, I am on WWatchers. Is this realistic, if I pump up the exercise, and cut back on points used in carbos?

Kermit.
Old 11-11-2000, 09:20 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 222/187/120

Height: nearly 5'2"

It is realistic to lose 2-3 lbs a week on WW if you eat on the low end of your point range and don't go Off Program.
Old 11-12-2000, 06:38 PM   #8  

Morrigan - the LOW size of WW eh? That'd be a real challenge, should try that today - thanks for the tip hon. I usually am sooo relieved to get below the high end, low end....pondering....hmmmmm! Thanks.
Old 11-12-2000, 08:48 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 214/214/150

Height: 5'0"

KERMIT: A "scanty" 8 lb? Tell you what, go to the grocery store today. Go directly to the dairy section. Pick up 8 lb of butter. Carry it around the store for a while, if you like. I bet it won't seem so "scanty" anymore.

MORRIGAN: If you don't eat enough, your body will go into a starvation response. Then you won't lose much of ANYTHING. Also, I have heard of many people who lost weight too fast and had kidney problems. Eat healty, lose healthy and stay healthy. Patience is a virtue.
Old 11-15-2000, 05:57 AM   #10  

Dancing merrily into here....lost 2.4 lbs. today, journalling and walking really does pay off.

I am a happy camper. Still gunning to lose about 6-l/2 lbs. before Dec. 1 and break the big 200 mark. Will be lst time since 89....

Wish me luck!
Old 11-15-2000, 06:33 AM   #11  

Kermit - You can do it! Just stick with eating sensibly and exercising. You'll be so happy with yourself. My goal right now is also 6 pounds. I'm gonna do it, too!!!!
Old 11-18-2000, 04:10 AM   #12  

1Success......6 lbs. to goal....wow! I live for that day, will be awhile coming, but at least I'm moving, walking, going to WW meetings, and keeping "in touch" HERE!!!

Go girl!

Kermit
Old 11-21-2000, 03:54 AM   #13  

Great Job!
By the way, when I lost my 1st 8lbs, I went food shopping after my WW meeting and found a sale on 8 lbs of apples! Its a good eye opening on just how much is 8 lbs. Now I can almost get 3 bags to see how much I have lost! EVentually, I wont be able to lift how much I have lost! LOL
Kelly
Closed Thread