Success Stories! Share your success stories! Let's work together to make this the busiest forum of all!

Closed Thread

Old 03-23-2002, 03:35 PM   #1  
soon to be goddess

S/C/G: 236/216/17?

Height: 5'7"

Talking drum roll please.....FINALLY!!!

Hi everyone!!! Yes...you heard right...I finally did it!!! After 9 weeks of weight watchers...(and pondering my existance) I have finally lost 10 lbs....count'em....1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9 and that last hard one for10!!!!

Gosh you know, my expectations were a little higher than that, but at todays meeting there was a client who has lost 97 lbs. When we were discussing her success; she started to relate that it has taken her over 2 years to do this incredible journey. And that rather than get frustrated (as we all do) as she was graphing her losses, she started to notice that she never really had any large amounts. It was always 1 lb, or a bit of a gain or 2 lbs max lost.

And actually, more important was the fact that usually she only lost 2 out of the 4 weeks in a month, sometimes 3 but NEVER EVERY WEEK. So rather than get discouraged...she felt at peace that her body knew what was best, and that slow and steady she would shed the pounds. Isn't that interesting? So here I am, listening to her and could identify EXACTLY TO WHAT SHE WAS SAYING!! I was discussing this very fact just before the meeting started with another client, who in the same time period has lost 16lbs.(her dh has lost 24 lbs) so you see..... WE ARE ALL UNIQUE AND AS INDIVIDUAL AS THE PROGRAM CAN BE!!! I am so glad to have heard her, and I know I will be frustrated from time to time....know that I can do this....and just have to get used to my body knowing what is right. (HA!!...A LIGHTBULB MOMENT, as Oprah would say)
Old 03-23-2002, 10:23 PM   #2  

Hi, Angel. Congratulations on your success! Keep up the good work!
Old 07-06-2002, 04:21 PM   #3  
Determined to succeed.

S/C/G: 230/ticker/130

Height: 5' 3"

Default Congratulations!!!!

Angel,

I'm so proud of you! I really feel what you're saying and know how you've struggled.. but you've stuck with it! And that's the important thing. I, like you, have my down times and I'm trying to get over one of them to start up again! I hope to hear from you soon, I could really use some encouragement!!!

Take care,
Gracie
Old 07-08-2002, 12:48 PM   #4  
diamondgeog

Yes patience is the key. I have gone from over 330lbs to 190lbs but it took over 2 years. It was very important for me to set 10lb goals and concentrate on those and be happy when I reached them. I can't wait to be 260lbs, man it will be great to be 250, all right I am 230, etc. 200lbs was a dream of mine but I never really put a time table on it. I made lifestyle changes regarding what I eat and my exercise and drinking water and I knew that eventually I would lose weight. I never went on a 'diet' though, so there is nothing to 'go off' of now.

Closed Thread