Success Stories! Share your success stories! Let's work together to make this the busiest forum of all!

Closed Thread

Old 05-18-2000, 07:55 AM   #1  

I supplemented WW 123 with chitosan, counting out my fat grams and taking a capsule for each 6 grams over 30 on the day, starting last Thursday. Today was weigh-in at WW; I AM DOWN 6.2 POUNDS! And before you ask, no, this wasn't week one; yes, I followed the plan and counted all points with no deductions or add-ons for the amount of fat "blocked" by the chitosan, and I felt nothing but normal all week. I get plenty to eat on WW, but I am in a position where I sometimes am left to eat foods I would not if I had other options. They are point rich, and I don't like to use points that way, but, hey, we all know there are times we eat as we will rather than as we should...

I am psyched! I have never experienced anything like this, and I certainly hope it keeps up! I know, I know, I ceretainly shouldn't be losing 6 lbs. a week, but if I can keep it going at 2 or so and go to the occassional party or dinner, well, I'll be one happy loser!
Old 05-19-2000, 01:07 AM   #2  

HOW SAFE IS THE PRODUCT.. I HAVE HEARD ALOT
ABOUT IT, BUT SOME PEOPLE SAID IT MAKES THEM RUN OFF!!!
Old 06-03-2000, 12:00 PM   #3  

WHICH BRAND OF CHITISON DO YOU USE? HOW LONG DOES IT TAKE BEFORE IT STARTS WORKING? AND ON AVERAGE HOW MANY DO YOU TAKE A DAY? CONGRADULATIONS ON YOUR WEIGHT LOSS. THANKS CHERYL
Old 06-04-2000, 09:01 AM   #4  

I'm taking Chitosol right now, which I ordered from an infomercial, but I am switching when these run out to whatever i find of good value at my local GNC or Vitamin City--I've read here of other brands that contian the same amount of chitosan at a FAR lower cost than I am paying. I paid around $36 for 120 500mg caps. I recognized the impact right away, and lost 6.2 lbs. the first week, in the midst of doing WW (NOT a first week phenomenon, in other words). I couldn't be happier. I am not having any bowel problems, though I ALWAYS drink plenty of water (in excess of 120 oz/day). There is no question that the increased fiber has altered my bowel, but only in a most positive way: Large, well-formed, low-oder, "clean" stools, delivered in a timely, predictable fashion--what most doctors would say are the most healthy kind...I would bet that some people DO report problems, as they do with olean products, but we're all individuals, right?
Old 06-10-2000, 01:42 AM   #5  

i just went and bought some chitosan at Oscos ( like a walgreens) I got 60 pills for 9.99
anyways I bought it because of the posts here, I had been seeing the informerical alot and wondering if it really worked and I want to thank you for posting your experinces with it here, and also thanks to the ppl who posted about oxycise the other thing i had been wondering about..well bodyflex but same difference. I only need to loose 30 pounds..20 and I would be pretty happy actually, I gained it during pregnancy, I sat on my butt and ate and played on the internet for 9 months and now I dont really want to carry the 30 pounds around with me the whole summer, but with a newborn my energy is low, I really hate dieting, I dont like even trying to pick out healthy foods, I rather just eat what is in front of me to be honest, I have a anxiety disorder as it is that I am on paxil for, and I tend to really obbess about stuff so dieting is just one of my personal no no's because I really can get wacky with it, I am walking and swimming also, and I have decided not to spend the money on oxycise because I dont have much money right now but instead just do what I have learned by reading about it, so that is my summer lose weight plan, I really need to loose the 20-30 pounds by august, there is a big concert then that I really want to look cute for So I will let you all know if I have any luck loosing the weight thanks for being here

Jess
Old 07-01-2000, 09:13 AM   #6  

It's been a while since I logged on and posted, so I thought I'd do an update: I weighed in at WW this past Wednesday after having missed the previous week's meeting. Whenever I've missed a meeting, I always feel as though I will have gained, even if I KNOW I've been on program, so i was THRILLED to be down 6.2 lbs. in the two weeks. The chitosan is still definitly contributing to my success-I take it when I either can't avoid or choose to slightly wander from program...I'm happy w/ the results so far!
Old 07-07-2000, 07:38 PM   #7  

Hi there.
I’ve been on WW for 2 ½ weeks now and I’ve lost 7 pounds. WW is a “Way Of Life” that I think I can live with. The only hurtle that I didn’t think that I could get over was my Friday night ritual of Chines food. I love it! Every Friday my husband picks up Chinese and a video for us. It’s a signal that the workweek is over and the weekend has begun. I take the Diet Fuel Chitosan and Garcina Cambogia an hour before I eat and it really helps. I only want to weigh myself on Friday mornings, but I can’t help taking a peek at the scales on Saturday morning. So far they haven’t gone up, and they usually do the next day. If this keeps up I know I will be able to take this weight of once and for all!

PS – I first tried Chitosan on a cruise last year. It was called “Cheat ‘N Eat”. It was fantastic! I had been dieting before the trip, but had no plans to diet while on the ship. There was food galore and I indulged! I took the Chitosan before every meal and when I got home and got on the scales I had lost 6 pounds! I couldn’t believe it! I stopped using it because the price went up and I couldn’t get it near my home. Now I use the Diet Fuel only when I eat high fat meals because it will take vitamins with it.

Old 07-16-2000, 03:29 AM   #8  
Super Duper Member

Just a note, I buy my chitosan on the net. I've tried both www.healthquick.com and www.vitamins.com when they were offering discounts and got them at about 50% off the normal price which was about $36-$38 for the HUGE bottle of 360 capsules (500 mg each). I have been using "NATROL" Chitosan. With the discounts and shipping I paid about $20 and that huge bottle lasted me 3 or 4 months, so that's not too bad!

Can anyone tell me what is in the "CHITOSOL" brand? Does it contain anything other than chitosan? I was just curious.

I've been taking chitosan for about 8 months now. I've used GNC's Diet Fuel (without the Ma Haung), Dr. Shari Lieberman's (from QVC) and Andrew Lessman's (from Home Shopping Network). Now I just go wherever it's cheaper! I've never had any problems or side effects. Since October I have lost 79 lbs with about 120 to go still. I do know that if I don't exercise and watch what I eat though, I will still have gains, so it doesn't work alone for me! I also drink about a gallon of water a day.

GOOD luck to all of you!

Vi
------------------- http://get.to/tops
Old 07-19-2000, 01:25 AM   #9  

VioletRose,
That is awesome weight loss! Do you take the Chitosan with all your meals or just when you have high fat meals?
Old 07-19-2000, 06:22 AM   #10  
Super Duper Member

I take it with lunch and dinner. I never take it with breakfast because that's when I take my vitamins and I don't normally have much fat with my breakfast, anyway.

I've also been doing the exercise and drinking all my water, so that has been a huge help too!
Old 07-31-2000, 11:03 AM   #11  
Dancing those pounds away

Quote:
Originally posted by VioletRose:
Just a note, I buy my chitosan on the net. I've tried both www.healthquick.com and www.vitamins.com when they were offering discounts and got them at about 50% off the normal price which was about $36-$38 for the HUGE bottle of 360 capsules (500 mg each). I have been using "NATROL" Chitosan. With the discounts and shipping I paid about $20 and that huge bottle lasted me 3 or 4 months, so that's not too bad!

Can anyone tell me what is in the "CHITOSOL" brand? Does it contain anything other than chitosan? I was just curious.

I've been taking chitosan for about 8 months now. I've used GNC's Diet Fuel (without the Ma Haung), Dr. Shari Lieberman's (from QVC) and Andrew Lessman's (from Home Shopping Network). Now I just go wherever it's cheaper! I've never had any problems or side effects. Since October I have lost 79 lbs with about 120 to go still. I do know that if I don't exercise and watch what I eat though, I will still have gains, so it doesn't work alone for me! I also drink about a gallon of water a day.

GOOD luck to all of you!

Vi
Old 08-02-2000, 11:10 AM   #12  

Hi, I am from Australia. I bought some Chitosan yesterday after reading this forum. The size is 750mg does pill and it says to take it once a day. Can anyone tell me what time of the day is best, before/after meals etc? as the label is not that helpful!! How does that dosage compare with what you are doing?? I'm doing WW too and hoping for some resukts!! Regards, Julia
Old 08-02-2000, 10:45 PM   #13  

Julie-My capsule is 1000mgs. and I take about 30 minutes before I eat something with a little more fat than I want in (and on!) my body. Usually I don't remember in time and take it anyway! HTH Karen
Old 08-04-2000, 08:22 PM   #14  

I have been taking Chitosan for about 3 weeks now and I am totally sold on the product. I don't eat very many high fat things anyway so I probably haven't saved as much as some people but I definitly feel that it is helping. I take a multi vitamin in the morning because I don't take the Chitosan at breakfast and then sometimes at lunch (depending on what I'm having to eat) and always at dinner. You should not take the Chitosan within 4 hours of taking vitamins because it depletes your body of some vitamins. By taking my vitamin in the morning and no Chitosan - I figure I'm safe. Good luck everyone....
Old 08-04-2000, 09:48 PM   #15  
Fat Girl

All of these posts have made me want to try. What is the brand to buy? I will probably go to GNC. How safe is it? When do you take it? Will this affect my birth control pills since I see that it affects vitamins.

Closed Thread