frozen chopped turnips-what do I do with them?

• I was adventurous a few weeks back. The store had a sale on frozen veggies $1 a pack but only a few types-the odd ones-okra, turnips, collard, kale, spinach and broccoli. I picked one of every thing. Have used it all except the turnips and okra. I just printed a recipe for the frozen okra.

So how do you use frozen chopped turnips? At this point they'll stay in the freezer until they get freezer burn and then I'll throw them away. But....I probably should eat them eventually.

Sarah
  • Well, guess I'll answer my own question:

I sauted some onions and garlic, chopped up a pork chop into small strips added it to the onions and garlic and once the pork was done, dumped in the bag of turnips. added salt and pepper. Turned out pretty good.
  • Thanks for asking and answering your question. I've never had turnips. I think I'll try them.
  • turnips also taste awesomely good with sweet potatoes (yams) roasted in the oven!! the sweet of the yams makes the turnip kind of buttery sweet as well.

There are a lot of recipes out there that mix these 2 veggies together. Here is one: http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Sweet-P...rl/Detail.aspx

Before I started dieting i use to make it a souffle w/ lots of butter. I'm sure theres a healthier way to do this recipe, one of these days i'll experiment. Happy eats!