flatout bread (flat bread)

• anyone got any good recipes with this...i made a tex mex pizza and it was so good and so filling i ate about half...betting it would be enough for two

1 flat out bread
    1 cup refried beans (fat-free kind)
    1 tbsp taco seasoning (i used chili powder in mine)
    1 tbsp light sour cream
    whatever toppings you want
    low fat shredded cheese

basically bake the bread on baking pan for 7 minutes...take out spread refried beans (mixed with chili powder), then spread sour cream on that add topping and top with shredded cheese (i used ff but i'd probably try 2% it will melt better) bake for 15 minutes....it is so good. i used tomatoes and mushrooms was gonna add chicken but forgot.

anyways i'm a big eater and half of it filled me up
  • I've just used them as you would a tortilla - sort of a burrito thing with beans, lettuce, tomato, ff sour cream, salsa. I like them.
  • i put pizza sauce, mozzarella, and turkey pepperoni on them and roll like a burrito then bake in the oven. i guess it's like a pizza pocket.
  • What is "flatout" bread? I assume it's like pita? Remember to check the ingredients to be sure it's SBD compliant. Wheat flour is NOT whole wheat flour.
  • Quote: What is "flatout" bread? I assume it's like pita? Remember to check the ingredients to be sure it's SBD compliant. Wheat flour is NOT whole wheat flour.
    Flatout bread is similar to a pita, but without the pocket. There are many varieties, so you have to make sure you get the 100% whole wheat ones.