Originally Posted by CyndiM
I've gotten really good at meatless soups over the years. I even have a garlic broth soup that makes a great sub for chicken soup when we're sick in the winter.
I would love the loaf recipe! thanks
1 cup dried lentils
1/4 cup wheat germ
1/4 cup ground flax seeds
3/4 cup whole wheat breadcrumbs
1/2 cup cooked brown rice
1 small onion, minced
1/2 cup shredded carrots
3/4 cup fat free egg substitute or egg whites
1 t. ground cloves
2 t. thyme
1 T. reduced sodium soy sauce
6 oz. tomato sauce
1 T. olive oil
1 t. Tabasco sauce
1. Place lentils in a small saucepan and cover with water.
2. Cook over low heat for 1 1/2 hours or until tender.
3. Coarsely mash lentils and combine with remaining ingredients (save 2 oz tomato sauce).
4. Pour mixture into a loaf pan sprayed with nonstick cooking spray.
5. Pour remaining tomato sauce onto the top of the loaf.
6. Cover with foil and bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes.
7. Remove foil and bake for another 15 minutes or until loaf is firm to the touch.
I always mess with the spices a little - feel free to play.