South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 11-24-2006, 07:52 AM   #1  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Default TGIFriday Chat - November 24

Wakey! Wakey! Some of you may already be out there waiting in the check-out lines as you celebrate Black Friday. I hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving Day and will have a good long weekend ahead!

I won't be around much over the next little while as Harry is in the hospital and I'll be there a lot. I don't even want to think about navigating through the shoals of hospital food but will try to plan ahead as best I can. Poor guy has a high white blood cell count and is fighting pneumonia. This is serious stuff at his age so.....

It's an absolutely glorious sunrise this morning and bodes well for the weekend. It's Delta Country Christmas weekend and, for once, there is no rain to contend with. My Wise Man and King Herod costumes are ready to be taken over to the Church ready for the Nativity Pageant rehearsal tonight.

I'm outta here to grab some breakfast, plan lunch and dinner and then hit the road again.

Come and chat a bit about your day.
Old 11-24-2006, 08:55 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 214/210/164

Height: 5'0"

Morning!

Ruth: So sorry to hear about Harry. I hope he gets to feeling better soon! Here's a (((hug)))!

Me: I'm very grouchy right now. UPS is holding my avon order, which was being shipped to my parents' house due to the holiday. They're not going to deliver it until next Tuesday, which is after I get back. I called and they said that they could change the address on it if I call on Monday. Yeah right. I'm sure it will be on my parents' porch when they get home for work on Tuesday. I'm going to try and just forget about it and still have a great time with family. I just worry about loosing new customers when they see others getting their orders delivered on Monday. (My competition will get their packages today as Alpine doesn't use UPS for avon.)

Got shopping with mom planned this afternoon while the boys watch the UT v. ATM game. I just have one present to get for my dad, but my mom has a lot of shopping to do. Well, hope everyone has a beachy day and I'm really sorry for being grouchy!

~Kim
Old 11-24-2006, 10:41 AM   #3  

Hey gals!

Ruth I will keep you and Harry in my prayers.

Kim Hope that your order gets all worked out. Sorry you are so frustrated.

We are enjoying a lazy start to our day. Yesterday went off without a hitch, but I am exhausted!! I was far from on plan, so today is a new day! The coffee doesn't seem to be seeping into my veins the way that I need it to! We did have a wonderful day, the girls were great, and my turkey turned out fantastic!

We have a few errands to run this morning and then it will home for some rest. I am planning on a nap when the baby girl naps this afternoon. Ahhh...

Tomorrow we are going to have my mom and sister over to bake Christmas cookies. A bit early for that, but my sister is here from California just until Tuesday, and we really want to do it when she is home. Another tradition that I am trying to start for my own girls. Abigail is really at an age where she loves this kind of thing.

Okay, I need to hit the shower so we can get rolling here!
Old 11-24-2006, 01:40 PM   #4  
Stinger

S/C/G: 0/0/0

Height: 5'5

Ruth-I pray that the Lord touches Harry and speeds his recovery.

Kim-Hopefully your customers will have spent so much money they won't care if the Avon order is late

As for me I was up at 3 a.m. out the door at 3:30 a.m. At 4 a.m. I was in the line with about 800 other people at Best Buy. What a day! I am still hyped up from the whole experience.

I think I spent way too much. I was buying things just in case other things were sold out. Now that I have made sure that I was able to get the most wanted gifts I will be taking some things back (lucky for some soul who missed out) or selling it on e-bay.

Hope everyone else enjoys the weekend.

TwoPeasInAPod
Old 11-25-2006, 12:27 AM   #5  
Slimwithin

Hi. I'm just on day 5 of Phase 1 but today I had a bit of a challenge. Went out to lunch with my sis but luckily she had chosen a pita restaurant. I simply ordered my pita without the pita bread. I ended up with a HUGE mixed salad with a double order of sliced chicken breast meat and lite dressing on the side. I didn't miss the pita bread at all.
Tomorrow, I've planned to go to Curves early with my neighbour so I will have gotten in my three sessions for the week, plus an hour at the pool. I'm finally getting back on track after months of falling off the wagon, dragging my feet and just plain refusing to try. It sure feels good to have some motivation back.
Ruth, I hope you found Harry feeling better this evening.
Kim, pitty about your Avon order. I don't know what happened to my Avon lady. SHe used to call faithfully a couple of times a month but I haven't heard from her in over a year and I've lost her number.
Kiko, I started my girls baking Xmas cookies when they were little and they still talk about the time I got ticked off at the cookie press for not working right and threw it across the room. What a good example I was on how to hold your temper...NOT!
Twopeas, we have a Best Buy near us but I've never been in it. It always seems crammed with shoppers so there really must be some good bargains there. I may have to get brave and try it out.

Last edited by LindaBC; 11-25-2006 at 12:31 AM. Reason: added material
Closed Thread