South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 11-18-2006, 06:37 AM   #1  

Default Weekend Wallabash on the Beach

Whoot! The Weekend is here I have no idea what a wallabash is...

Ruth: I can just see you looking so stately behind that antique desk with your superduper 17'in flat monitor... I bet you're gonna love the easier access on the main floor!

Chellez/Kim: Methinks that you two got traumatize watching the Wizard of Oz! I had nightmares for a time after seeing Dorothy lost in the tornado and the house spinning in the sky !!! (And Twister didn't help either when the dad got sucked into the vortex!!)

Chellez: ooohh that pumpkin cheesecake sounds FAB!!!

Deftonechick!!! your baby boy looks like an angel!

Kim: When I look at some of the needlepoint instructions it can be overwhelming mind boggling! For the more intricate ones I use a highlighter to mark off the stitches I did on the directions/pattern they give..

Obviouschild: Enjoy yer visit with your BF!! I miss my gal pals so much since moving here... but I'll get to see them all when we go back to Jersey for Xmas

myminime and all you bodacious babes!!!!!
well last night I made a london broil with cauliflower in cheese sauce and baked sweet potatos.. YUMALISHOUS!!! and I ended up spending most of my day taking the furbabies for an extra mile walk and raking 2 tons of leaves out of the front yard... I hate to be indoors when its beautiful out and the sky was a shock of blue and the air had a nip in it...and my nose got cold and I got exercise in! Today studying.. the instructor dumped 50 pages of reading about Quality Management (sssssnore ) on us to be done on Monday!

Ahhhhh, smell that ? CAWFEES DONE!!!! so, what's everybody got planned for the weekend?
later chickadooos~!
Old 11-18-2006, 07:13 AM   #2  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Good morning, Schatz. Wallabash? Isn't that when you beat up small kangaroos?

I just love having the computer downstairs. I turned it on, fed the Girls and am sitting here with my coffee. I need a different chair though. This is a Queen Anne and is too darned low. The keyboard is at boob level - boobs in a bra that is!
It's after seven and time to hop into the shower and crank up my day. The Girls and I are going to visit Harry this morning. It'll be the first time for a double lead visit which will freak out some of the residents who'll think they are seeing double.

I'll check back in later. I've not read all of yesterday's posts but it sure is nice to see more folks posting on the daily!
Old 11-18-2006, 07:29 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 178/145/143

Height: 5ft 6

HAHAAHA beating up baby kangaroos!!!! Why is that funny? I dunno but at 630AM it sure is! Meeting my running group at 7 to do our 5 miler.... can't believe I'm doing this, but I can... I spend a lot of time thinking about my half marathon and it's baby steps to my goal. Skipped last week cause I was throwing a party that Saturday and wanted to be rested, but still got my 4 miles in.

Ruth - Just read more of your post "boobs in a bra" you sure are silly this morning! Making me laugh though.

Schatzi - your dinner and day yesterday sounds LOVELY!

Hope the rest of you chicks have a fantastic day!

Saaaaaarah
Old 11-18-2006, 09:19 AM   #4  

Morning gals!

I don't think I managed to make it in here once to post this week. My weeks truly just seem to fly right on by. It is kind of scary!

We don't have a ton planned for the weekend- today's goal is to get through the house. I am hosting Thanksgiving this year and would like to have the house ready to go this weekend. If that doesn't happen, I am off on Wednesday, so it will get done then. (Pretty bad when you have already planned the procrastination route, eh??)

Sarah I think that is so great that you are sticking to your training plan. I did a 10K many years back in Austin, and loved it! I am not sure how I would manage a hald marathon. Kudos to you though!!

Schatzi I love that weather, when the sun is shining, but the air is a bit cool. Our weather continues to change daily. Yesterday was gorgeous, so I am hopping for a repeat today.

Ruth Enjoy your visit with Harry!

Abigail spent the night at my mom's last night, so it is just the wee one and I this morning. DH and were so pitiful, on a night where we could have had a semi-romantic evening, I fell asleep on the couch at 8:20 and he wasn't too far behind me. I am just wiped out by Friday evening.

Okay, I am going to hop into the shower and get this day moving.
Old 11-18-2006, 09:40 AM   #5  

Sarah I was reading back over some of the posts from this week, and one of yours helped me put things in perspective. I have gained back a pretty solid 6pounds since the school year started. The thing is that I am still down 16 pounds from where I was this time last year. It made me feel better to look at it from that point rather than to be continually beating myself up!!!!

We can do this!! I am going to join in the goal to lose this holiday season, although I am not sure that 12 pounds is doable for me right now!
Old 11-18-2006, 09:46 AM   #6  

Happy weekend to everyone.

Schatzi - Sounds like you had a great time yesterday on your free day.

Ruth - How great is that? You got the glass top to your desk already!

Sarah - WTG on the running. I think the best I could do right now is a 5K WALK

Kiko - I know what you mean about the weeks flying by. Can't believe it's almost Thanksgiving already. Good luck with hosting the clan.

Did a little better with my eating yesterday, but am going to do much better today. I have some of the Homemade Maple Granola from the P2 recipes in the oven right now, and have a chicken ready to go into the oven right after it's done.

Other than cooking and cleaning, not much going on this weekend. I've been keeping a close eye on my pup, who has been fighting colitis for about a month and a half. She went off her steroid meds earlier this week, and I was expecting to find a mess in the house when I got home yesterday from work. But, no mess, and she seems to be doing okay. Maybe we finally have this behind us - so to speak.

Everyone have a great weekend!
Old 11-18-2006, 10:25 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 214/210/164

Height: 5'0"

Yeehaw! The weekend's finally here!

I've got the weekend, a day and a half of work next week and then, the -day holiday starts for us! Jason and I are leaving Tuesday and I'm EXCITED!! But, before that, I've got a lot to do this weekend. Here's today:

Laundry incl. sheets and towels
Clean house
Finalize Avon order
Balance checkbook and do the bills
Work on agenda for staff meeting at work
Finish one more flower on cross stitch project
Study Texas Workforce Commission employer handbook and start summary for bossman

Schatzi: I worked on the project last night while watching "Secondhand Lions". I was nervous to start, but I got a whole flower done! It looks gorgeous. I even remembered what a back stitch was without going online! Studying - YUCK! Oh well, it's gotta be done, right?

Ruth: "boobs in a bra" - you're so funny! I hope you and the girls have a nice visit with Harry!

Sarah: Five miles, whew! That is a lot! You're doing great on your training! How much longer until the half-marathon? You're my exercise inspiration!

Kikl: You can do this! I'm anticipating celebrating with you when you reach your holiday goal! Hope the house goes in order quickly so that maybe you can relax on Wednesday! Maybe!

Jana: Hope pup is better soon! Isn't it just awful when they're not feeling well and you can't do anything about it? Your granola sounds wonderful. I should really spend more time on the recipe threads!

Well, once I get all the niggles out of the way, Jason and I are supposed to be meeting his boss and his boss' girlfriend at Alpine's Annual ArtWalk. It's a weekend with food and craft vendors and all the businesses on the main strip stay open late and become "galleries" for local artists (we have A LOT!) It should be a lot of fun and might be something we attend yearly. That would be neat! Well, I REALLY should get to work! Time to start the laundry and this is a loooooong post! Have a great weekend if I don't check back in later!

~Kim
Old 11-18-2006, 10:32 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 178/145/143

Height: 5ft 6

Back after my run and I just LOVE the group and the leader that I am training with. The five miles FLEW by, and the course was pretty interesting.

Kiko - I am amazed! You started out at 200 pounds and have lost 40... that's just FANTASTIC! So funny cause I was so proud of myself for running the 10K this past year (Capital 10K prob the same race) and then it's like "ok what's next?" Just keep plugging away and don't get too down because you have already come so far! This last part is the hardest i know...

Jana - Your menu for today sounds delicious! Prayers that your puppy gets better!

Kim - Good luck with your "to do list" - honey you are an inspiration to me! Your exercise regime is phenomenol! (did I spell that right? Anyways I meant it!)
Old 11-18-2006, 12:10 PM   #9  
budding cinephile

S/C/G: 225/197.5/150

Height: 5'5 1/2"

Woo hoo! Almost time to go get my ring fixed! Finally! My intentions were to get up super early this morning and go but our apartment was a wreck so I stayed home to clean. Now I'm just waiting on Daniel to get here so we can go together.

Weighted in this morning at 193. I'm bummed I gained a pound and a half but I was expecting so much worse. It's back to Phase 1 for a week once I go buy groceries later today. I have to keep reminding myself to goto Wal-Mart down the road instead of Food Lion right in front of our complex. They just don't carry a vast array of veggies and South Beach stuff like Wal Mart does.

I'm probably going to try and fit exercising back in the next few weeks. My school term runs from November 14th to December 20th so I'll only get in a few days a week. But we are off from December 21st until January 3rd so I can exercise really good before starting my second term where I'll only have 3 days to work out (Friday, Saturday & Sunday.) Daniel keeps telling me if I want it bad enough I'll do it. Hopefully thinking about fitting into a size 10 wedding dress is enough motivation. Maybe I should take a picture of my favorite dress around with me on a skinny model to get my juices flowing.

Nothing too eventful going on this weekend other than my ring. They said I'll get it back by next Monday so I'll have it before month's end. I finally told Daniel about it last night and he didn't say anything! That was a shocker. I guess because I let him buy his $2000+ tv he let me slide!!

Hope you guys have a good weekend. Sorry I couldn't get to everyone individually, need to go get dressed. TTYL!
Old 11-18-2006, 01:47 PM   #10  

Good Afternoon everyone!
Well ever since I started doing yoga twice a day I have been so much happier and calmer AND I lost four pounds!!! wooohoo! I am so excited!
Just wanted to share that.....
Hope you all have a great day!
Old 11-18-2006, 05:24 PM   #11  

I can't believe I last posted on Wednesday. I have just been unbelievably busy this week. Wednesday night was my Wood Badge troop guide meeting, Thursday night was the PTA meeting/Brian in the flag ceremony/book fair night, last night I got home late from work and then worked at 8:30PM and again at 2:30-3AM tried to get back to sleep, got paged at 5:30 and got up at 6. I am going to be tired tonight.

The last could of days at work have been nonstop. I worked 3 overlapping outages at work yesterday! Today our pack had a bike rodeo in the morning and then I went and taught Cub Scout Leader Specific Training this afternoon for 3 hours. I'm home now and need to be typing up the notes from our troop guide meeting and emailing them out but I might make up a grocery list first. Brian and DH are out delivering popcorn and I'll probably have to help later. At least I don't have to get up at 4AM tomorrow since that work got postponed but that will just happen another weekend.

My weight is actually down to 143 this morning but I got for my physical on Tuesday and I'm 6 pounds heavier than I was last year. Oh, well, I have been higher so at least I am back down to 143. I haven't had time to exercise lately but I'm on vacation next week so I have definite plans!
Old 11-19-2006, 05:38 AM   #12  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Well, I'm making a good early start today. I've been up since two with Lucy who seems to be in some sort of major distress. She is whimpering and even barking as if she wants something. I've noticed some whimpering over the past few days but it certainly is worse now. She's eating little bits and drinking water but is panting a lot. I'll call the vet emergency as soon as it gets to be a decent hour. Somehow I doubt that I'll be going to Church or to the post-election brunch this morning.

Edited to add: She had an aspirin and one of her travel calming pills which we've never used before. She's zonked out on my bed. I'm hoping she'll be better when she wakes up. If she's still the same I'll get her to the vet tomorrow afternoon - I need to take Harry to the doc tomorrow morning.
Old 11-19-2006, 07:33 AM   #13  

It's a beautiful mornin', Ahhh,
I think I'll go outside a while,
An jus' smile.

That's the start to one of most Favoritest (is that a word )Songs EVER!! It's called "A beautiful Morning" by The Rascals..written I think Before most you young beach babes were born ...1068! I loved that band when I was a kid... they put out some great songs....ahhh reminising over!!!

Ah Ruth I hope it's something minor!
Barb: I was beginning to think you were buried alive under a mound of popcorn knowing you you'll probably be busier on vacation than now (if that's even possible!)
Angelshine: AWESOME!!!!! Congrats on the loss! Are you doing Yoga to a tape? I use to do Yoga years ago and loved it... Not sure why I stopped
Chellez: taping pics to the fridge sure helped me keep that door shut once or twice!
Sarah: WOW! I swear you'd make a terrific exercise instructor
Kim: yay for you!! I can't seem to do one thing at a time either..so I stitch while watching TV too... Ohhh I would love that Alpine Artwalk..that's right up my alley for things to do on weekends.enjoy!!!
Jana: I love Pearshape's granola recipe! I've made it quite a few times --trouble is I can't eat just one serving I hope Puppy is better...just like little kids aren't they!
Kiko: Welcome back darlin'!!!

Yesterday we ended up going to Sams Club for bulk items and MEAT DH is starting Atkins tomorrow... (he tried the beach but , he had had great results on Atkins... ) Then we went to an Italian restaurant for dinner... I was not good I had the most wonderful salad with toasted walnuts, mixed baby greens, smoke mozzerella and apple... I wish I could just order a dinner size of that!!! Chicken Marsala in a Wheat penne pasta, a glass of chianti, and here's where the damage ocurred: chocolate peanut butter pie... so today I need to be extra good! We're running out to see "our" property... the land owner called yesterday to say that he filed the "plat" which gives the legal description of the land and boundaries... so... one last look see to be sure that this is what we want!

Have a GREAT DAY !!!!
Old 11-19-2006, 09:59 AM   #14  

Schatzi- Yes I do it on FIT Tv and I take a class...It is absolutely amazing I cant even describe it.. the only way is possibly getting an hour massage... I Feel like a new person after I am threw. I am still running, but ever since I got seriously back into it my ham strings have not been tight and my feet don't hurt. I really recommend everyone tries it.
<3
Old 11-19-2006, 10:36 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Ruth, poor Lucy, I hope it's just a minor problem and that she'll be feeling better real soon.
Yesterday was a busy day. My DD and Carley came out to spend the day with us, and we went shopping most of the afternoon. Later my DS's family came over to join us for supper, and by the time everyone left and I cleaned up, I was pooped!
After it warms up a bit this afternoon, I want to plant some mums that I have in pots on the front porch, and start decorating for Christmas. If I have time and any energy left, I may even put up the small tree in the sunroom. I picked up a few more decorations for it yesterday, and I'm eager to see how they'll look. We'll be putting up the big tree in the livingroom and the rest of the decorations the Friday after Thanksgiving. Time just flies anymore, it seems like we just took down the trees! It's time to go through my recipes and determine what cookies I'm baking this year, too. I like to mix up a batch or two of cookie dough at a time and freeze them, then when it's time to bake, they're ready to just pop in the oven. It makes it so much easier.
Well, I'm not getting anything accomplished sitting here all morning. Jake's already outside, so I'd better go see what he's into.
Closed Thread