South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 11-10-2006, 07:18 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 214/210/164

Height: 5'0"

Default FRIDAY Fancies on the Beach

Good Morning South Beachers!!

Well, the car is loaded up and I'm ready to go. Just eating a quick P1 breakfast of eggs, onions, V8 and skim milk! I'll pick up my cuppa joe at the gas station when I fill up. I'm so excited to see my family this weekend! And the shopping! I need to buy at least a size smaller pants and a few new shirts. I love the way my clothes hang off of me, but I really need to look more professional!!

I was a little worried about eating OP, especially during the conference, but I found out there is a Whole Foods across the street from the hotel! How great is that? Well, I need to scarf this food down and hit the road. Enjoy your weekends!!

Barb - My popcorn came in from the little guy in Tiger Cubs! It is delish! Have you and Brian started delivering his? I'm taking a tin to my parents and leaving one for DH!

~Kim
Old 11-10-2006, 07:44 AM   #2  
Losing on the Beach

S/C/G: 205/ticker/164

Height: 5'5

Good morning everybody

Kim- Have a great trip, and way to go on staying OP...where there is a will there is a way

I am doing really good now that day 6 is here....I almost forget to eat because I am just not hungry I hope it stays this way till the next 8 days pass, and then I am looking forward to some oatmeal for breakfast

Have a great OP day everyone!!
Old 11-10-2006, 08:24 AM   #3  

Mornin' all. Since I've got the day off, it got to sleep in 'til 6:30 - that's a big luxury for me! But now, the cawfee's brewin' and it's time to get going. Need to get an inventory of the pantry and freezer so that I can get a grocery list together. Today, it's a little bit of shopping, dropping stuff off at the recycling center, getting my hair permed, and making lasagna for a friend who's in a bit of a crunch right now.

Kim - Have a great trip!!!!

Christian - WTG on sticking to P1!

Have a great weekend!
Old 11-10-2006, 08:42 AM   #4  

TGIF

Kim: Have a wonderful loong weekend!!!!!

Jana: sounds like you've got a full day planned

Christian: You are doing Super!!! Just think as oatmeal as your 2 week reward..

Well gals, It's gonna be in the 70s today and DRY!! So time to tackle the mountain of leaves!

I think a berry smoothie to give me an energy boost first!!!
Old 11-10-2006, 08:45 AM   #5  
budding cinephile

S/C/G: 225/197.5/150

Height: 5'5 1/2"

Wow I really have been MIA from this particular board the past 2 days. I've just been so caught up with the bank, school and the biggest loser stuff on that board ... shew.

So I finally find out today whether or not I have enough money to go back to school. The bank gave me the run around for 3 days and now I only have 4 days before the next term starts. I'm so not prepared. Good thing is I did save a lot of my notebooks and paper pens etc etc from last time so I have those things already. Since the bank seems to think I dont have enough credit.... my boss was nice enough to give me a personal loan to cover my readmission fees. I have the school looking into how much I absolutely have to pay because if I can get them to knock the fees down some I'll have some left over money to cover bills and get my engagement ring fixed before Christmas.

I finally got the blue team caught up on The Biggest Loser board. The original girl that was doing it had surgery and has been out but she sent me a pm yesterday that she was at least back on her feet which was good. I'm hoping she agrees to let me finish out the next 4 weeks. The challenge ends on December 9th and I think I've gotten a pretty good enough handle on it to call it my own right now. Just waiting on her to reply

I think all of my diet buddies have left me.... I haven't gotten a pm from either one of them in forever. *cries* lol jk I know people get busy.... I just feel so lonely!

As far as my diet woes are going, I'm stuck at 193. I'm thinking its because I don't push myself to go to the gym right now because I'm trying to get finances in order and that kind of drains my energy all day. I got on the treadmill the other day and was hurting after 15 mins because I had taken so many days off in between workouts. I guess I have to figure out when I'm going to be working out once school starts. I'll be at work from 8 to 5 then class from 5:30 to 10:30. Guess I'll have to get up at 4 am like Schatzi

I guess I'm in Phase 1.5 now. I had some grapes this morning for the first time in forever and they were super sweet. (Don't worry I only had 6 or 7) This free Wawa coffee thing in the morning is killing me though. Thank god they have Low Fat French Vanilla otherwise I'd be in bad shape.

Anyway I need to head off here and call the bank about my account they were supposed to fix and call the school to find out their decision. I hope you guys have a good weekend! I'll be busy dress shopping tomorrow and watching football Sunday so I won't be online.
Old 11-10-2006, 09:28 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Kim, I guess by now you're already off on your long weekend. Have a safe trip and have fun with your family and shopping!

Christian, oh how I wish I could forget to eat! You are really doing awesome!

Jana, what a sweet friend you are to make a lasagna for a friend-in-need. Looks like you have a busy day planned, enjoy!

Schatzi, we're in the same weather pattern this week! Jake has the day off, so he plans to finish raking leaves and doing other yardwork before more rain comes in tomorrow.

Chellez, I'm glad things are falling into place for you to go back to school. Education is so important. FREE Wawa coffee?! You're lucky! Our Wawa's aren't offering that deal around here, that I know of, anyway. I'll have to check into it. I always get the plain regular coffee and add Splenda and skim milk. Their flavored coffees are pre-sweetened and are way too sweet for me!

Well, I've been putzing around all morning so far, although I did go to Curves and stopped in for coffee and a chat with my Mom & Dad. I was going to clean this morning, but I can't get anything done with Jake around. Maybe I'll do a little online Christmas shopping, and look at some recipe ideas for supper. I made chili the other night, and have been dying ever since. I should have taken some Beano! Anyway, Jake said let's go easy on the beans for the next few days, eh?
Old 11-10-2006, 09:42 AM   #7  
Losing on the Beach

cottage- I hear ya on the beans I love them BUT they dont love me

Shatzi- Have fun burning of those calories and playing in the leaves...I think I will just leave mine as it is dreary here today

chellez- Glad to see things are gonna work out for you with your schooling, I know it can be frustrating ...oh and way to go on the grapes...I could eat a pound of them and not even notice...they are one of my favorite fruits, that being said...I dont want them right now and it is amazing that keeping my blood sugar regulated like this really does make me feel full, I do have a feeling that if I did cheat I would go out of control though.

Well I am off to the school in a bit to eat with a little girl I have been mentoring for over a year (they have a grilled chicken salad)..please pray for her mother as she is not well and needs a healing in the worst way,
Old 11-10-2006, 10:17 AM   #8  

Kim - Have a great trip! That's wonderful about having a Whole Foods so close. We're going tonight from 8-9 to pick up our pack's popcorn (over $19K worth). I think we have enough trucks and trailers lined up. Brian sold 261 items so I plan to start labelling them tonight (labels are already printed and cut out) and we'll start delivering tomorrow. I HAVE to get most of it out of the house before Thanksgiving! I believe we are getting 50+ cases of popcorn to our house tonight.

Christian - I love my oatmeal. It's the main reason I find it hard to go back and do phase 1 again. Your friend's mom has my prayers.

Jana - Sounds like a busy day. I love to make lasagna. I make it with whole wheat noodles and lots of spinach and zucchini and a little lean ground beef. I don't make it too often though since I always eat more of it than I should.

Schatzi - Our leaves are starting to fall here. Yesterday we were in the middle 80's but we have a cold front coming in tonight so it will be more fall like for the weekend.

chellez - Good luck with the school. I'm glad I got through college before it got so expensive. It is hard to find time for exercise. That's been a problem for me lately but I have got to start finding time again. At least loading cases of popcorn will be exercise tonight.

cottage - Beans really give my husband problems. Brian and I love them and would fix them all the time but DH asks me to limit them. Last night we had a crockpot meal with turkey sausage, kidney beans and Rotel over rice. Dh wanted less beans, Brian wanted less rice and I wanted less sausage! It is hard to cook for a family.

Me - Tonight is Peking Pasta with chicken. It is Brian's favorite chicken meal but I don't fix it too often since the Hoison sauce has more sugar than I like and it uses a little honey too. I put lots of veggies in it (spinach, mushrooms, asparagus) but it does use whole wheat thin spaghetti. I'll eat a big salad before hand so I don't eat as much. I've got leftover lamb stew for lunch and that is one of my favorite meals.

I've got to work tonight sometime after 10PM so I need to make sure I am back with the popcorn before then. They may not be ready for me to verify the servers until the wee hours of the morning so I will have time to label popcorn cans and boxes while I am waiting.
Old 11-10-2006, 10:35 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Barb, I love my oatmeal, too, and it would be so hard to give it up to go back to Phase 1! I know what you mean about cooking to satisfy everyone's taste. Jake doesn't care much for whole wheat pasta or sweet potatoes, so I'm always making two different pastas and potatoes, or else I just make regular pasta for him, and I just eat the meat and veggies. That is an impressive amount of popcorn your troop sold! WOW! You and Brian should get some extra recognition for all your efforts!
Old 11-10-2006, 02:04 PM   #10  
Losing on the Beach

So far so good today...they had grilled chicken salad at the school and it was really good, I kept the dressing on the side and dipped as needed, its funny how just a dab will do me now...I was still hungry when I got home and ate about 10 turkey pepperonis and a couple turkey roll ups, I think I am so used ot eating Fridays( used to be my cheat day) that it is mostly habit not hunger. Hope everyone has a great weekend, and the little girls mom was out car chopping so she must be feeling better
Old 11-10-2006, 10:19 PM   #11  

Just now getting a chance to check in for the day. We met my mom for dinner at Jason's Deli- very easy to stay on plan as they have an awesome salad bar. She picked Abigail up from school and they went to Kohl's. She bought Abigail some cute pjs for winter. She loves to spoil my girls- in a way it makes me feel bad, but we were always so strapped for money growing up that I think she loves to do things for my kids.

Kim Safe travels!!!

Christian That is so awesome that you mentor! We have a very active mentor program at my school. The situations that some of our kids go home to is truly heartbreaking. Do you have kids of your own?

Cottage Veggies and beans do it to me as well! YIKES!!

Barb Yep, the cold front has certainly blown in. I am ready for some consistent cool weather, so it works for me! Good luck getting everything organized for popcorn delivery.

Jana Don't you love "sleeping in" until 6:30?? Hope you enjoyed your day- I agree that is a very sweet thing for you to make lasagna for your friend.

Schatzers I am searching for a crossstich pattern to start. I think I am going to do some Christmas ornaments rather than a huge pattern. I am horrible about the finishing portion- I have several completed patterns, but never took them to be framed or made into pillows. Task completion is not a strength of mine.

Chellez Good luck on the school plans!

I am beat gals and am going to head off to bed.
Closed Thread