South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 11-06-2006, 08:16 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Default Motivating Monday Chat

Alright, let's get moving, girls! It's the start of a brand new week, time to make a brand new start!

As for me, well, I got my WAKE UP CALL when I tried to struggle into a pair of jeans this morning. No more backsliding and making excuses. I'm thoroughly disgusted with myself.
Old 11-06-2006, 08:24 AM   #2  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

You beat me to it, Cottage! My jeans seem a bit snug this morning too but we'll soon fix that, right?

Sunshine and cold this morning here but I am going to bundle up shortly and get outdoors. I think I may just dig a trench in my veggie garden and plant all my bulbs there. They'll look great in spring, I'll let them die back and then move them to where they belong. Note to self: Mark the rows for colours!

I have to do my pet therapy today instead of tomorrow so will have to skip my painting class. I don't get home from it until 4:30, need to feed and potty the dogs and then leave at 5 for Maple View. It just won't work!

What's on your plan for today?
Old 11-06-2006, 08:25 AM   #3  

Default Monday Monday!!!! Chick chat

Rise n Shine Chicadeeeees!

My weekend eating was not so good..but today will be all clean eating..

Ok, I gotta log into class for a lecture... will check back later!!!!
Old 11-06-2006, 08:35 AM   #4  
Losing on the Beach

S/C/G: 205/ticker/164

Height: 5'5

Goooood morning ladies
I am loving the great vibes on the board this morning
I am doing a bunch of housework today and trying to get ready for Holiday coming soon....can you believe how close Thanksgiving is????? Nuts how time just runs away from ya huh? This is just my second day of phase one and I am glad I started it again, there is no pressure on this plan for me...I always have lots of veggies and my DH supports me 100%, hey ...he even took his lunch and had oatmeal for breakfast ...a big switch from a biscuit and a burger ( his usual) I am off to have eggs and turkey bacom and lowfat milk myself.....hope you all have a great day
Old 11-06-2006, 09:00 AM   #5  
budding cinephile

S/C/G: 225/197.5/150

Height: 5'5 1/2"

Wake Up Little Suzies Wake Up!

I couldn't think of anything else more original this morning. 8:30 am and the work grind has already begun. I have a huge job to invoice and I'm dreading it. The bossman has already beeped in on the nextel to give me an earfull. Don't you just love Monday mornings?

I stopped at Wawa this morning so I'll be joining Schatzi in a cup of brown sugar and cinnamon coffee this morning. Well not literally but it's always nice to dream right? If you have a Wawa near you, they should be giving away free 12 oz coffee in the morning. The person ringing me up didn't realize that the offer was for 12 and not 20 oz so he scanned the coupon anyway... I got my coffee for $.09. Much better than the 10 bucks I spent at Starbucks over the weekend.

Speaking of weekend, what a weird one it was. I went to my parents house which you all already know. I was figuring since I didn't know what kind of groceries they had I would gain like crazy this weekend. So I go up there and I ended up drinking a few drinks and ate a turkey pot pie for dinner. I didn't really eat too much saturday morning but we had thai food that night. (PS. if you ever get thai food order the garlic and broccoli with chicken and a side order of drunken noodles) (PPS drunken noodles are spicy hot ) Sunday I had breakfast and dinner and that was about it. So I was scared getting on the scale this morning.... no exercise all weekend and I thought I was screwed. 193?!?!?! That can't be right! I had to triple check, but it was right.

I found some really cute stuff at the craft show yesterday. I bought some homemade oatmeal soap & almond soap. I love soap with whole grain oatmeal in it. The majority of the show was a lot of jewelers.... tons and tons of stuff I saw I seriously doubt anyone would wear. I did get one present done for my Christmas shopping. My mom loves the beach and goes to Myrtle Beach almost every weekend. I found a mini fake palm tree with Christmas lights in it and the lady had decorated the pot with fake plants and sand and put a cute snowman in a beach outfit under the tree. Oh it's precious.... I'll have to take a picture and post it tomorrow. I may go back again next sunday.... I'm not sure yet.

I do know I have to get my bridesmaids looking at dresses Saturday. I still haven't picked out my dress yet because I plan on losing a lot of weight before I buy mine. I figure my wedding is in August so the latest I can wait is April. Two of my girls are going with me Saturday so we can get a feel of what looks good on them. My maid of honor made last minute plans to go out of town. But she's another story right now. I don't need to get all the chicks in the coup flustered because she's being whiney.

I did see a sign someone was selling at the craft show that said "God, if I can't be skinny, please make all of my friends fat." Was thinking that's not very nice.

My favorite: "When I married my husband I knew he was Mr. Right. I didn't know his middle name was Always."

Anyway enough about me....

Cottage: Will a huggle make you feel better? Don't be disgusted sweets, things will get better this week.

Ruth:
I'm sorry you miss your painting class today.... I miss taking time out for myself now and again. I think more so when I start school again.

Schatzi: You can keep the lectures! I get enough here at work to share with everyone. Where's your morning coffee?

Christian: to our crazy world of SBD. I'm glad your hubby supports you. Mine is coming around. He won't diet himself but he says he's noticing the changes and he likes them. My biggest downfall was fast food & diet soda. I've been on the diet for almost 3 months now and I can honestly say I've almost forgotten what they taste like. Thank goodness.
Old 11-06-2006, 09:37 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 205/196/170

Height: 6'

Hello everyone,

Well, it's a warmish, sunny day here and I'm going to be at school all day. I went to my parents' house this weekend and they had a bunch of leftover candy. I had a few pieces and on Saturday we went out to dinner and I had a little bit of chocolate cake and ice cream. Imagine my surprise when I got on the scale this morning and I actually lost weight.

So, I need to vent. It's really hard dieting with my family. None of them are very supportive, except my dad. My sister tries to be suppotive, she'll comment on how skinny I look and compliment my will power, but then she'll say stuff like "Don't you just want a piece of that garlic bread?" Yes, I do, thanks for reminding me. My little brother and my mom don't even try to be supportive. They say they want food that's filled with fat and my brother makes fun of me for dieting. My dad will ask me what I want him to make for dinner that will be SBD approved and they'll say "We don't want anything like that, we want real food." It's very frustrating. Anyway, just had to get that out.

I hope everyone has a great day.
Old 11-06-2006, 09:38 AM   #7  
Goal: A Healthy Me

Height: 5' 6"

Morning Chicks! I'm just finishing my but still not feeling quite awake and alert, though. Pretty bad for having been up for 4 hours already.

Well, it's Monday and time to get back to being serious. Finished up two weeks of P1 last week and ended up a pound from the previous week So I got mad , then I got sad , then I got rebellious (I'll show YOU scale) and ate bad-for-me-foods all weekend. I did so good avoiding the halloween candy all last week and then blew it this weekend. Why am I so self-destructive?
I was going to re-start P1 to atone for my sins, but I think I'm just going to stick to P1.5 for now. I need to get the whole grain fibers to help with my heart so I think that's the healthiest place to be. I brought a cup of Uncle Sam cereal today to mix in with my yogurt for snack. I think tonight I'll make some oatmeal to bring for tomorrow's breakfast.
Old 11-06-2006, 10:07 AM   #8  
Losing on the Beach

S/C/G: 205/ticker/164

Height: 5'5

Hang in there Kaity...I understand totally! My husband is very supporting but my brother in law used to tease me on family night ( we get together evey Monday night and eat ) always eating the foods I cant and saying things like yum yum I will have some more or eat my share since I cant eat them... I finally had to tell his wife how it hurt my feelings and it stopped, I think he thought it was funny at first until he saw it was really hurting me.

Kelly- As far as the self distruction thing goes, I am queen But getting right back to doing what you know is right makes you a winner in my book

chellez- My husband looks like an addict if he doesnt have a Mountain Dew everyday But they are tooo sweet to me now, Congrats on kicking your fast food habit
Old 11-06-2006, 10:23 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 214/210/164

Height: 5'0"

Morning, morning everyone!

Well, back to work for me. Funny thing happened when I got to work this morning. Mean coworker's network connection was down, so she couldn't get online. Of course, she wouldn't ask me for help. Although I did say, "is it your network connection." Well, half an hour later another coworker FINALLY asks me and it takes about 1 1/2 minutes for me to get the connection up and her computer working. Too funny!

DH and I got a lot done this weekend. Built a new storm shelter for the dogs, cleaned the house, got out the Christmas decor (I'm taking inventory for next weekend while I'm in Austin -- SHOPPING!), and got some bills and such organized. Things are looking great around the house and I just hope we can keep it that way until I get back next Wed. YEAH RIGHT!! I'm keeping my fingers crossed that DH will have a spotless house for me when I come back. Isn't that every travelling wife's dream??

Gotta get to work! Have a beachy day!!
Old 11-06-2006, 10:34 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

I'm back for a few more minutes, I forgot earlier that I had made a breakfast date with a friend, so I had to rush to be there on time! I had a healthy breakfast of oatmeal with banana and walnuts, so I got a good start to my day despite the frantic rush!
Seems like there are a few of us who are guilty of self-destruction. I was so proud of myself for avoiding all the Halloween candy all week, and then I had one piece and it got totally out of control. Kelly, I totally understand where you're coming from, I have done the very same thing! But you know, at least we get up and brush ourselves off and start over again. We can be proud of the fact that we're not giving up. This is going to be a hard next couple of months for most of us with the holidays looming ahead, so lets band together and do our best.

Well, I'd better get going. Maggie doesn't have school today or tomorrow because of conferences, so I have to go in a little earlier.

Have a good day, everyone, and keep both feet in the wagon!
Old 11-06-2006, 10:42 AM   #11  

Goodmorning ladies! Hope it is ok if I join in with you. I just started SB today. Haven't read everything yet but need to get off my bum and get it moving.

A little snipit about me: married to a wonderful guy who doesn't think I need to lose weight but he sees me through rose colored glasses I think. Still him. Three great kids (two boys and a girl), two cats (momma and baby), great paralegal job I love, house that I like but is getting too small, family and friends nearby for the holidays and special occasions, ...now to the nuts and bolts of it. I was on a weight loss program, lost 40 lbs then hit a stall in July. I tried total LC (not for me), gained 10 lbs back so I am here. I have a cousin who did awesome on the beach so I have asked her for tips and suggestions as well as a little support. Love the LC boards for support and hope you all won't mind another SB'er in here.

Here's to a fun, long-lasting, and successful journey!
Old 11-06-2006, 10:48 AM   #12  
Kris

S/C/G: 217.5/212/130

Height: 5'3"

Default Good morning!

Hello and good morning everyone!
My name is Kris and that handsome devil to the left there is my 2 year old Boston Terrier, Boomer! (That's his Halloween costume and believe me it suits him perfectly!)

Today is my first day on Phase One and I am looking forward to getting to know you all!

I lost 48 pounds on SB in 2004, so I KNOW it works! As of now, I have gained all but 14.5 of that back... but I am taking the positive approach that at least I am not as heavy or even heavier than I was when I started last time!

Since losing that weight, I have tried other diets and finally decided to go back to the thing that worked best for me. My biggest downfall last time was a plateau at 188 - 192 pounds that lasted for 6 months! There were definitely other things going on in my life that contributed to that plateau wearing me down, but the biggest one was my lack of exercise. So this time I know going in that exercise is going to be my saving grace!!

Take care all and have a fantastic day!
Kris (and Boomer)
Old 11-06-2006, 11:10 AM   #13  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Wow! So nice to see new folks posting on the daily!

I am about to indulge in a mini-rant! I just had to pay nearly $63.00 to mail a Christmas gift to Finland. Canada Post now charges by the cubic inch, not the weight, and my box was big as I was sending a wreath I made and a small cookbook! Grrrr! This is for the Secret Santa draw that my online garden group has every eyar. I am going to warn the coordinator about this for whomever gets the Finnish chick next year!

All was not lost though - I finally took those pots back to the Greenhouse (too cold yesterday) and the new owners were just delighted to see me, of course. I may be doing some non-plant work for them over the winter setting up a catalogue for them. Fun work and free plants! Lorraine and I will probably go in there during March to help with designing baskets for their first season.

I'm now going back outside to put the cover on the AC - somehow I don't think we'll need it for a while!
Old 11-06-2006, 01:13 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 178/145/143

Height: 5ft 6

Morning ladies - Well my eating definitely could have been worse this weekend right? (thinking positively) - Met with my 1/2 marathon training group on Saturday AM and we definitely started out slowly (had been running 4 miles all week, and we did 3 miles, 5 mins jogging, 1 min walking the whole time) but the people were SO COOL, and I just know it's going to help me on my saturdays to have a group to do the long run with...

Went to spin class this AM, and about 3/4s of the way through I started dragging... not feeling too hot today although I don't really have any symptoms and no fever... guess this is what's called "feeling under the weather."

Hoping I can take off early and go work from home...

Hope everyone has a great day!
Old 11-06-2006, 03:40 PM   #15  
One decision at a time.

S/C/G: 201/see ticker/140

Height: 5'7"

Default Hello early birds!

Wow. A lot of you guys are up early and checking in. I have a little guy (15 months) so I don't really get a chance to get on until he naps in the afternoon or at night after he is sleep.

I am right there with all of you starting over or recovering from a stumble. I've been tripping and falling through the last week. I'd say I did well 80% of the time, but that 20% stopped all weight loss in its tracks. Started phase I over yesterday. Onward and upward.

I need to be a better planner. /took my son to his feeding therapy this morning and all I got for breakfast was a hard boiled egg. That's setting myself up for the drive thru.

Anyone else recording Oprah today? You know the whole Kirstie Alley promising to come out in a bikini a year ago. talk about motivation.
Closed Thread