South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 11-04-2006, 02:00 PM   #1  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Default Phase I Chicks - New and Renewed - Week of November 4

Here ya go. Post your menus, gripes, victories and questions in this thread. Be sure to really read the FAQ Section. There's a ton of info in there!

Do join us on the daily or weekend chat thread where we get to know each other better. There's lots more to life than weightloss! so I'm told!
Old 11-04-2006, 03:44 PM   #2  
Losing on the Beach

S/C/G: 205/ticker/164

Height: 5'5

Cout me in here I will be starting first thing in the morning and I will post my menu today for tommorow so I am set

B- 2 eggs and 1 slice turkey bacon
L- baked chicken and green beans and broccoli
S- same as lunch
snack- cauliflower with ranch, and sf jello and if needed a fudgesicle

I will start my exercises back on Monday so I will post that then, Hope to have lots of buddys to go through phase one with
Old 11-06-2006, 06:44 AM   #3  

Hi people!

My husband and I will be starting the Diet on nov.6th and we both have a lot to lose. I look forward to doing this with all of you!
Danica
Old 11-06-2006, 07:58 AM   #4  
Losing on the Beach

Glad to have you Danica I am on day 2 today and am down 3.5 pounds already .....BUt I gained 5 over the weekend before I started the program eating out so it was water gain and loss, I wont be able to change my ticker for another pound and a half LOL, I just know you and your hubby will do just great
Old 11-06-2006, 08:18 AM   #5  
Come on Spring!

Good morning, Beach Beauties! Ready to roll?

Just remember to add veggies wherever you can - V8 works for breakfast. Also be sure to gt your dairy and legumes - this is a good carb plan, not a low carb plan.

Let's go!!!!
Old 11-06-2006, 08:24 AM   #6  
Losing on the Beach

Thanks Ruth

Todays menu looks like this so far...

Breakfast- 2 eggs and 2 slices turkey bacon and 1 glass low fat milk

will be back to fill in more later ...
Old 11-06-2006, 10:23 AM   #7  
Kris

S/C/G: 217.5/212/130

Height: 5'3"

Hi all!
Well today is my first day on Phase One. I weiged myself in, took some measurements, ate my breakfast (2 eggs, skim milk and V8) and I even exercised already this morning!! If you knew me, you'd know how rare that is!

I am starting out with a great attitude and I am really excited to do this! Glad to have others on this journey with me! Have a super day!
Kris
Old 11-06-2006, 10:32 AM   #8  

Good morning. Just started today on SB. Should have gotten the books first but I wanted to get started. Going to B&N today for the books.

B - 2 scrambled eggs
L - roast beef, cheese, side salad minus carrots

Not sure about dinner yet.
Old 11-06-2006, 10:59 AM   #9  
Come on Spring!

RainydayGirl and GingersnapGirl! Cute names, a good start and great attitude!
Old 11-06-2006, 11:02 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 190/180/145

Height: 5'8"

Hello everyone !

I haven't posted for about a week as I've been very, very bad. It's funny how we just want to avoid everyone when we've been bad ---- fear of judgment maybe - although I know if anyone understands it's you guys. I should've been here sooner...

I just feel like I went nuts. Carb crazy. Chips, peanuts... left over halloween candy. I'm just so disappointed in myself. I made it through Thanksgiving (I'm in Canada) on P1 without any problems and then I go to P2 and just get all crazy. Over the weekend I threw out all rules completely

So, here I am starting P1 AGAIN. 2 scrambled eggs and sliced tomatoes for breakfast. I haven't weighed myself yet. I'll be going up to the gym in about an hour to do that. I dread doing that. I'll post my starting weight as soon as I do... I can feel my pants tight already where they were feeling loose before. BF told me how great I was looking, trying to be encouraging I think as he saw me go all crazy for goodies.

2 weeks of P1 here I come - let's do this together and check in everyday - I think checking in and writing actually helps - reminds me of why I'm doing this and motivates me to keep going. It's as if we can be accountable to each other and stay on track.

Be well everyone - have a great P1 day
Old 11-06-2006, 11:12 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 214/210/164

Height: 5'0"

Good morning all! Welp, I'm still on P1! Last week wasn't entirely P1, but it was okay. Here's today's menu:

B: 2 eggs scrambled w/ onions, V8, skim milk
S: Activia yogurt
L: Lean ground beef w/ 1 c veggies & SF pasta sause, 1 c baked squash
S: Celery w/ 3 slices LF deli turkey
D: Chicken rollatinis, 1 c steamed green beans, 1 c sauteed peppers
D: SF Fudgesicle

I've got to really make myself stay OP. My ticker hasn't moved in weeks!! I forgot to W-I this morning and I have a sneaking suspicion that the scale is up because my jeans are a little tighter this morning. I think I need to find out if I'm extremely sensitive to certain things to see if that's affecting my lack of loss. I've been tested for hypothyroidism as well as polycystic ovary syndrome, so I can rule those out. I'm going to give it until the end of Nov and then if my losses don't pick back up, I'll make some appointments. Hope this trip to P1 actually works.

Felt like I needed some protein, so I added some deli turkey to my afternoon snack!

Last edited by Kim_Star060404; 11-06-2006 at 05:00 PM.
Old 11-06-2006, 11:48 AM   #12  
Losing on the Beach

Wow it is great to see this board a jumping

Kris- Glad to have you here as well, I am sure that if we all stay true to the program we will all have great success stories

gingersnap- I dont have the book anymore, I just cant find it, but I know there is alot of info on the board here and recipies to boot, they can really help when you are in a pinch.

Tamara- I am with you on needing to post and stick together...accountablity is the key, You will do great!

Kim- That ticker is on its way down I am sure of it

Well lunch is gonna be boring But I am gonna have a lean ground beef patty with lowfat cheese melted on it and a can of green beans Supper will be some chicken breast and broccoli and cauliflower and if I need snacks later I will have sf jello and a fudgesicle, Have a great one guys!!
Old 11-06-2006, 12:42 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 190/180/145

Height: 5'8"

Well, I made it to the gym to weigh myself - 181.5 - that's a 4 1/2 pound gain in one week - EEK ! I don't know why I do this to myself, my TMO is going to be here in a week as well... I'll change my ticker so that I can keep myself real...

Kim - don't give up ! I've been reading your posts for a while and always look forward to what you have to say - you are an inspiration !!
Old 11-06-2006, 03:06 PM   #14  
One decision at a time.

S/C/G: 201/see ticker/140

Height: 5'7"

Default starting over this week

Hi, Ladies. I hope your day is going well. I am starting over on Phase I again (started yesterday). Darn Halloween candy!!! I am half way through day two. I don't want post what I have been eating today because I know it's not nearly enough, but I will anyway (accountability). We hit the ground running this morning and all three of us (me hubby and baby) are sick with a cold of some kind. Breakfast was a hard boiled egg that I have left over from yesterday. We went to my son's feeding therapy appointment (he is obviously not learning how to eat from watching mommy because if he were, he would be the fattest baby we know) and I now have a late lunch/snack in the oven. Dinner will be grilled chicken breast, green beans, broccoli (with a cheese sauce made from skim milk and LF cheese) and I will have a SF fruitcicle for a snack/dessert.

Starting over is good. It means you have a better chance at success because you can learn from your previous mistakes.
Old 11-06-2006, 03:12 PM   #15  

Thanks for the welcome. We can do this together girls. There is power in numbers right? We all know how powerful that scale number is.

Got the book and found out that three things I brought for lunch are not allowed so today won't be too good. I am officially starting P1 tomorrow.

I will definitely be checking in everyday with my menu so please check it out and keep me on track if you are around.
Closed Thread