South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 11-05-2006, 01:21 PM   #1  
The fluffiest bada$$

S/C/G: 140/138/120

Height: 5'6''

Default Hello everyone!

Hello Hello! Just wanted to quickly introduce myself. Im new to this forum but Im very very excited to participate and meet new people currently on the SBD. I am 20 years old (21 in a month! hehe) and I am a fulltime university student. I have recently moved bakc into residence (a small tiny one at that) and have been given a meal card. The food choices here arnt the greatest and I noticed the first 2 months I went from 128lbs to 145lbs. I am currently 138 and I would like to reach a goal of 120 and maintain.
Anyways this was just a quick intro and I cant wait to start posting and all that funs tuff.

tata for now

Old 11-05-2006, 04:41 PM   #2  

Hello I'm a second time -arounder and determined as all get out! I posted yesterday, and have a daughter in college. She was determined not to gain weight as her older aunts did and we had a problem with border-line anorexia. She is completely straightened out now, allows herself treats, was never overweight to begin with, and is learning there is more to life than just salads. Learning to eat right when you are on your own can be tricky; meal cards I don't understand. Is that eating on campus or what? If it is campus food than I agree - not much of a choice and meant to fill a person up without regard to proper nutrition. Wise choice to pop on here! Good luck and post often!
Old 11-06-2006, 05:03 PM   #3  
I can do this!

Height: 5'11"

Fluffy and Shawnee!

Oh, I totally remember meal cards and eating on campus...funny thing is that I actually started SBD while I was a grad asst. and eating on campus. I lost 96 pounds between April and December of that year...and continued to lose while I was there.

It is possible to eat healthy on campus, though it usually takes some work and creativity! Do you have a salad bar? You can do a lot using the ingredients from there. Buy your own WW bread/pita/crackers and bring them with you, then get meat, cheese, etc. at school. Ask for plain yogurt/low fat cottage cheese, etc. See if you can get some good products stocked in the places where you eat...I bet other students would appreciate them, too!

See if you can use your meal card to get ingredients to make food at home...lots of college students work with their roommates to make one meal together a week...either in the dorm kitchen or in the kitchen of their apartment. It's fun, a great way to bond, and a welcome respite from caf food. It's great that you're committing to eating healthier! I know you can do it!
Old 11-06-2006, 09:38 PM   #4  
Once more, with feeling!

S/C/G: 235/ticker/135

Height: 5'4

Ugh, eating on campus is such a nightmare. My old school had the most amazing food and I would eat and eat and eat. I was so sweet and so kind, I gained my freshman 15 and someone else's. Aren't I the best person ever?
Old 11-08-2006, 06:05 AM   #5  

Fluffy and Shawnee! Check out the Emergency handbook for Phase 1 and the stickies in the FAQ section for help! And of course come post on the daily thread and menu threads !
Closed Thread