South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 11-02-2006, 05:30 AM   #1  

Default Thursdays Cackle on the Beach!

Time to shake yer Tail Feathers Chicks! I do believe Fall is finally here! The rest of the week will be sweater weather! A little chilly nip in the air!

I'm brewin up a big pot a Joe and taking a mug back to bed... I'll Pop back in later today!
Old 11-02-2006, 06:37 AM   #2  

Morning Schatzi!!

Taking a big cuppa back to bed sounds divine! It is getting pretty darn chilly here as well... the mornings have been cold.

Have a super day all.... I have one on plan day under my belt. Going for two!
Old 11-02-2006, 06:49 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

I'd love to take a cup of coffee back to bed with me on this rainy morning, but, no can do today. I have to drop off Maggie at school, then do some errands until it's time to pick her up. Audrey is having a special breakfast at her school with her grandparents this morning. They had to be there by 7:15am, so I'm glad I didn't have to go! I'm only the surrogate grandma.
It will be a day spent inside today, with indoor activities. For supper tonight, we're having Kim's Chicken Rolletinis in marinara sauce. I'll make some pasta for Jake, and having mine with leftover Cauliflower & Kale Bake.
Old 11-02-2006, 06:52 AM   #4  

Up & at 'em! I'm going to go out this morning for my java fix. Went out line dancing last night, so I'm really dragging this morning. Didn't work out, but I figure the dancing from last night counts as this morning's workout - just about 8 hours early.

Schatzi - Just don't spill that coffee in bed. Ouch!!!
Kiko - WTG for staying on plan. That's something that I continue to struggle with.
Cottage - Have fun running your errands.

Everyone have a great day!
Old 11-02-2006, 06:53 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Good Morning, Kiko and Schatzi!
Kiko, stay strong today! I'm struggling right along with you, let's just take this thing one day at a time. We can do it!
Hi, Jana, looks like a lot of us are up early this morning!
Old 11-02-2006, 07:54 AM   #6  
Once more, with feeling!

S/C/G: 235/ticker/135

Height: 5'4

Ugh, I was supposed to get up at 6:30 and work-out. Yup that didn't happen. Oh well, it's 7:53, and I still have a few minutes.

They really need to invent a machine that pumps coffee in an IV and you can set like an alarm clock!! I wouldn't push my snoze button so much if I was getting caffiene.
Old 11-02-2006, 08:02 AM   #7  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

I dod a code in du node and am going to crawl back into bed for a bit after taking a cold capsule. Pass the coffee!
Old 11-02-2006, 08:37 AM   #8  

Height: 5'2"

Mornin all. Had a great day on program yesterday. Hoping to continue today. Off to get the kids ready for school and then a busy day of work on the computer for me. Hoping to get to Curves today if I have time for a break. Have a great day everyone!
Old 11-02-2006, 09:05 AM   #9  

I did It! I went the whole day yesterday and did not eat one single piece of candy!!! woohoo
anyways Good morning! Ruth I am sorry you dont feel welll.! To everyone else Have a wonderful day!
Old 11-02-2006, 09:20 AM   #10  

What a busy day yesterday! I didn't get out of work until almost 6 and then I had 15 minutes to get the jambalaya simmering before I had to leave for a meeting. Dh and Brian were at the All Saints Mass so I called them and told them to come straight home and dinner would be simmering on the stove. I ended up with a grilled cheese sandwich. Oh, well, my weight is down this morning.

I had to work until midnight last night and still get up at 6 so I'm a little tired. Right now it looks like we may have some rain for the campout this weekend. Oh, well, as long as it isn't too much and isn't too cold, we'll be fine.

Sorry you have a cold, Ruth!
Old 11-02-2006, 09:32 AM   #11  
budding cinephile

S/C/G: 225/197.5/150

Height: 5'5 1/2"

Woo Hoo! Morning Chickadoodles!

Wanted to capture the autumn leaves that are changing here in Virginia.

Well its a cold and rainy day here. We are expecting showers throughout the day and a high of 58. Still can't shake this cold or whatever it is. I'm thinking I'm going to have to take off some time next week or try and get an appointment on a Saturday. Really can't afford to play hookie again, I had to work late that last time to make up for it and my exercise plan suffered because of it.

The school still has not called me back to give me an answer yet. I found out that the Academic Review Board was just that. A review of my past experience to see if I was worth letting back in. They can only make a recommendation to the school that I'm allowed to come back in. Ultimately it's up to the Provost. The review board was supposed to deliver my paperwork to her the day after the meeting (October 25th) and I was supposed to have a decision by that Friday. I've called the school and no one has heard anything. Maybe she's out in a field blowing bubbles instead of doing her job. I did get word from financial aid that I'm approved and so are my parents for more loans. Stinks I'm under 25.... I can't believe that I've been from under their roof for 4 years and I'm still considered a dependant. No grants for me.... booooooo!

Ok.... enough pouting... I needed to vent.

But alas.... there is sunshine behind the clouds.

I started off my November with a bang yesterday. I did very well on plan this week and it continued into yesterday. I went to the gym last night while the meatloaf was baking and got in an hour's worth of exercise. I'm still just doing the treadmill even though I know you are supposed to change it up a bit. I can't lift weights yet, but I'm going to try here soon other wise I'll be all leg strength. I'm considering getting the PUSH dvd's because I love Bob the trainer from The Biggest Loser. I know Kim uses them but is it really worth getting another dvd? Do they really work? Feel free to give me some input!

And now the big news we've all been waiting for! I'm at a new low! Wo0o0o Ho0o0o! I weighted in this morning at 195.5 which is exactly 10 pounds below my starting weight of 205.5. I'm very excited, and I hope I lose more before my 2 challenges end.

Schatzi:
I'm shaking my tail feathers alright..... to the tune of some more for breakfast and snack today! Careful with that coffee... I give ye a toast to coffee and my chai tea obsession.

Kiko: Great job staying on plan! You Can Do It!!

Cottage: Yucky weather is always a bummer. I find I get a lot more done in the apartment when I don't care to go out in the rain. That is if I'm not sleeping in late.

Jana: I haven't line danced since I was a kid.... I'm sure if I got up there and tried I'd make a fool of myself.

Lisa: I got your PM just so you know. I'm going to try and write back this afternoon if we arent' too busy at work. Hope you don't have to walk in the rain to get to class today. You'll get a nasty cold like me.

Ruth: Sorry you're sick hun.... grab the puppies and cuddle. I find that dog's and cat's have an awareness that someone is ill and know just the right cuddle to fix it!

Lindy & Angel: Great job being on plan and resisting the candy temptation! Be good!

Well it's back to sitting in my silent office.... my boss still hasn't come in to work on invoicing so I'm sure I'll be stacked with paperwork tomorrow.
Old 11-02-2006, 09:36 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 205/196/170

Height: 6'

Good morning all,

Looks like it's going to be an ok day today: high of 63 but sunny so I'm wearing a half sleeve shirt. Today is my Dad's birthday, and the Day of the Dead. Not celebrating either (we're having Dad's birthday this weekend). Well, I have a huge test tomorrow that I have to study for, so that's what I'll be doing all day. Hope everyone else has a good day.
Old 11-02-2006, 10:39 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 214/210/164

Height: 5'0"

Morning Everyone! It's a cold day here. We woke up at about 7 am and the thermometer said it was 38* out. When I left for work at 8:20, it was down to 34*!! We had a lot of mountain fog roll in, so that's probably why. Looks like we might have some misting today, which is good, but it really makes trekking to the court house (across the street) a pain!!

Work is going to be busy as soon as I get things on my desk from others. I hate waiting on everyone else. Once that's done I've got to run and talk to the County Judge, get some meeting agendas notarized and deal with some deeds and messed up tax statements. Yikers! In addition, I need to get a ordered for our new clerk who hasn't been hired yet, but we just need everything to be ready!

Tonight is my PUSH cardio dvd for 40 minutes (first time doing that) and 30 minutes of pilates, I need to get my Avon order entered, and call my BFF - haven't talked to her in a while, and we sure can talk ! I also need to clean the house up (still a bit of a mess from the party ), AND I got three new magazines in the mail that I'm dying to read!

Well, papers have been delivered, so I need to run across the street! I'll respond to everyone in a bit!!
Old 11-02-2006, 11:07 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 178/145/143

Height: 5ft 6

Morning ladies - So last night I signed up with a 1/2 marathon training group that meets at 7AM Saturday mornings... am I torturing myself? Hoping that I'll enjoy getting my long weekend runs in with a group. Excited cause I'm going to buy some new running shoes today... YAAY!

Went to Body Pump (I just LOVE it but the lunges freaking kill me!) - Planning a jog this afternoon.

Hope everyone has a FANTASTIC day!
Old 11-02-2006, 12:15 PM   #15  
Once more, with feeling!

S/C/G: 235/ticker/135

Height: 5'4

Ugh, it's a super slow day at work today. I should be knitting my scarf, or doing something, but I just can't seem to work up the energy to do anything. Ooh.. Maybe I'll go get some cawfee.. Mmm..

Sarahslacker- Oof, I feel you on the lunges pain. I used to go to that class back when I belonged to a gym, and that section killed me every. single. time. And this was back when I had horse-back rider quality legs and buns of STEEL. Seriously, you could have bounced a quarter off my butt. (Oh how times change )

Michelle- Sorry to hear school's being a pain in the tush. I hate it when they take for-freaking-ever to get back to you on things! Makes you want to rip your hair out. But a big on your loss! WTG!! No rain today, for us hopefully! I didn't bring my umbrella!
Closed Thread