South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 10-23-2006, 06:23 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 214/210/164

Height: 5'0"

Default Marvelous Monday Musings

Howdy, Ladies!!

It's a beautiful, crisp, clear Monday morning. Temp says 46, but I believe it's a bit chillier with the wind ! Whew! We have rain in the forecast tonight through Wednesday. Hopefully we'll get something!

I hope your weekends were all wonderful and relaxing and everything you needed them to be!

Things are going well here. I'll be spending the week putting the finishing touches on our Halloween party plans -- can you believe it's already here? I'm also going to step up my workouts a little. That's the ONLY reason I'm up so early.

I changed my ticker last week, only to find I'm officially at 205 and not 204. Oh well, one is better than none, so I'm happy with that. That'll teach me to adjust my ticker before official weigh in!

Well, need to hit the workout (after I fix the ticker )! Hope you all have a marvelous Monday!!!
Old 10-23-2006, 06:37 AM   #2  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Default Make Monday Count Chat - Oct. 23

Brrrrrrr! I think it's time to turn the furnace DOWN, not OFF, at bedtime. I bet the kitchen and back room will be frigid when I get down there. I might fire up the woodstove again this morning and paint out there. I have done nothing for two weeks and need something for my teacher to critique this afternoon.

As to the weather, no comment or I'll scream and cry! I sure hope it warms a bit by the weekend as I am going to an Anglican women's retreat at a summer camp in unheated buildings! Aaaarrrggghhh! Aleve and woolies will see me through, I hope.

My weight is stuck and my ticker is lying! I need some motivation and am not sure how to find it. Could somebody send me one of those cabana boys!

The Girls are ready to get up and are raising quite a fuss downstairs so I'll be back in a bit!
Old 10-23-2006, 06:41 AM   #3  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Thanks for starting us up, Kim. You have loads of enthusiasm and I love it! I am going to make my ticker honest and stick right to plan today. You've inspired me. Thanks you!
NOW I need to see to my dogs!
Old 10-23-2006, 08:32 AM   #4  

Morning Girlies! Tis a brisk cold morn here Brrrrrrrr!

Kim: oooh a holloween party have devilishly fun ..Is this fer the kiddies or adults? Love to hear all the details !!!!!

Ruth Hmmm maybe you should just make a Pollack style painting and drip color all over the canvas That retreat sounds like fun cept maybe the no heat part of it !

Sorry I was MIA last week --we went back to Jersey for a funeral - and my eating was out of control..I feel like a Back to the beach today..I'll be outside doing my fall display with hay bales, pumpkins and scarecrows.. and then start working on home made Xmas gifts.. BUT FIRST !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 10-23-2006, 08:37 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Looks like we're all shivering on this brisk fall morning! At least the sun is back today, maybe he'll warm things up a little.

We had a great time yesterday at dinner, I ordered a delicious Hawaiian grilled chicken salad, and only had unsweetened ice tea to drink, but I had Avocado Egg Rolls for my appetizer, and Pumpkin Pecan Cheesecake for dessert. I know they were both totally NOT OP, but I'm right back on track today. In fact, I've already been to Curves today, and just finished my breakfast of steel-cut oatmeal.

This morning I have absolutely nothing planned at all, but I'll probably do a little dusting and vacuuming downstairs, just so I can say I've accomplished something productive.

Has anyone heard from Faye lately? I'm wondering how everything is going with her and Jack.
Old 10-23-2006, 09:09 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 205/196/170

Height: 6'

Good morning all

I haven't posted in a while. I've been very busy with school. I was thinking of going back on Phase 1 because of something that happened last weekend. Last weekend was my mom's b-day so we went out to dinner and I had a whole chocolate tort. And one of those Halloween oreos. And I think I added carbs into my diet too quickly. So, that week I gained back 2 pounds. I hate gaining. However, I was pretty strictly OP last week and I lost 4 pounds so now I'm happy and won't be going back to Phase 1.

I watched Halloween movies all this weekend. I discovered that I really shouldn't watch zombie movies right before I go to bed. Last night I dreamt that my brother was a zombie and I had to bash his head in with a lamp. I don't like those dreams.

As for the weather, I have no complaints. It's been colder here lately but I like cold weather because I get to wear long sleeve shirts, which I like better than t-shirts. Only problem is that my apartment is always hot. I think it's because my apartment is pretty much a cave; I never open the blinds or windows.

Anyway, hope everyone has a great day.
Old 10-23-2006, 09:15 AM   #7  
Goal: A Healthy Me

Height: 5' 6"

Morning Chicks! It's a gloomy cold day here, it would have been nice to stay in bed for awhile this morning.

Cottage - good job getting right back OP! I had some pumpkin cheesecake for the first time a few weeks ago (before I was back on the beach) and it was divine *drool*
Schatzi - have fun puttering outside today
Ruth - BRRRRR I hope it warms up for you this weekend so you can enjoy your retreat.
Kim - I hope you have a great day! Thank you for being so upbeat this morning.
[/COLOR]

The weekend didn't go as planned. I didn't get anything cooked ahead of time and I ate off plan for 3 meals. BUT I didn't go overboard and I'm not feeling any cravings yet so I hope I didn't do too much damage. Tomorrow's weigh-in day so I guess we'll see.
I get so frustrated when I only have a few things I'd like to get done in a weekend and I don't get to any of them. Finally got to the grocery store last night (I'd been trying for 3 days) and stocked up on lots of frozen veggies. I'm planning on making a spinach meatloaf tonight with steamed green beans....yum, can't wait to get home.
Old 10-23-2006, 10:09 AM   #8  
budding cinephile

S/C/G: 225/197.5/150

Height: 5'5 1/2"

Rise & Shine Chickadees!

Kim: My weekend was good, for asking! I love Halloween and parties. Its a shame I didn't have any as a teenager, but when you grow up in the middle of no where what can you expect eh? Keep the rain for yourself! I like the sunshine and warmth over rain anyday.

Ruth: I can't imagine that you'd like the cold being up north. We are looking at about 61 degrees and today.... I'll send you a care package of & heat!

Schatzi: You're a trip with some humor! I was feeling very this past week as well not being on plan. It happens when you run out of good groceries and have to throw things together. I just finished my first cup of Tazo Chai tea this morning so I'm feeling happy and relaxed. If I find it again I'll send you a care package of this pumpkin spice coffee I found. It's delish!

Cottage: Way to go for getting out of the house early! Don't feel bad about the cheesecake, I had multiple slices of spice cake with cream cheese icing over the weekend. I was very very bad. You'll find something to do today I'm sure.... I walk around the apartment aimlessly sometimes and just make up stuff if I'm extremely bored.

Kaity: Back! It's good to hear that someone is still losing! I watched Saw 1 and Saw 2 Saturday night with a few of our friends. We'll be viewing Saw 3 in theaters this weekend so we kind of made a marathon of it. I got to play and made Mediterraian Chicken with Veggies so we ate and drank and were merry. I can't remember the last time I had a nightmare.... I guess I should be thankful of that. I usually end up having dreams of me kissing sexy men lol

Kelly: I know what you mean about not making it to the store. I hate dragging groceries up 3 flights of stairs so I stall as long as possible. Granted its good exercise but it's such a pain in the butt. Save me some left overs.... you are making me hungry with dinner ideas!

Wow.... believe it or not, going MIA from this site and my FitDay really hurt me this past week. I was not even what you would call cheating.... I was just not dieting. I guess its the idea of writing it all down that helps me. I have been watching The Biggest Loser and last week they made this pizza I tried last night. It was decent and I think it could be a great phase 2 recipe. Lots of things came up over the weekend to stress me. Daniel is sick with some kind of cold I hope that I don't catch and both of my cats have upper respitory infections. So I'm stuck in a house with 3 sick boys They all are stressing me out. Gizmo goes to the vet today and Thunder is already on treatment. Daniel I guess is too to some extent.

I set a new goal to lose 15 pounds by Thanksgiving but I'm not going to go into that much because it's already been posted here Click Me!. I'm just ready to thin down and be done with it. I went back through my SBD paperback on Sunday and highlighted the stuff I want to review. Hopefully this helps this go round.

For anyone I missed or may post after me... have a good one!
Old 10-23-2006, 10:54 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 214/210/164

Height: 5'0"

Good morning again! I'm sitting here at the office and, as predicted, I'm bored out of my mind!!

Chellez: The funny thing is, we do live in the middle of nowhere! (Well, in my opinion!) Our town has a pop. of 5200 when the University is in session. The nearest "city" is Midland and that's 3 hours away ! Good luck on your goal! Keep us posted!!

Good morning Kelly J: That spinach meatloaf sounds wonderful! Is the recipe posted on the recipe boards? I'd love to try it!!

Kaity: Keep those scary movies away from me!! I can't watch them at all! Especially the realistic ones...those are the worst!

Cottage: You know, I was thinking about Faye last night. It has been a while since we heard from her, hasn't it? I hope everything's okay! Your dinner last night sounds like it was delicious!

Schatzi: The Halloween party is adults only, well, except for my nephew!! My menu is completely SB friendly and pretty Halloween-ish! I am so excited about it! We already decorated most of the house, but we've still got a lot to do!! What kind of Christmas presents are you making??

Ruth: If I find a cabana boy, I'm keeping him for myself!! I'll send you the next one, though! Should help you warm up a bit!!

I am already ready to get home and it's only 10 am. I'm just really looking forward to a night of reading all my new mags and maybe even starting a new book. We'll see. I need to get off the computer, so I'll talk to you all tomorrow! Buh-bye!!
Old 10-23-2006, 11:50 AM   #10  

Morning, gals! The cold makes me want comfort food. Last night we had the Creole gumbo from the South Beach cookbook. That's always good. I have a pot roast and lots of veggies in the crockpot for tonight's dinner.

I found some cherry pie filling made with Splenda so I'm going to experiment to see if I can come up with a reasonably healthy Dutch oven cobbler but first I need to pick up a charcoal chimney. We need one for campouts anyway and this gives DH and I a chance to go visit some camping stores today. Tomorrow I'm back to work.

I did work for about an hour this morning. Two servers had an outage and my pager was going crazy so I helped out. I still need to make it to the gym too.
Old 10-23-2006, 12:21 PM   #11  

My first day of (temporary) unemployment!!!

YIPPEE!!!

We had a lovely weekend! Picked up my new wheels. zooommmmmm. Loving this little car. My silver rocket!!

I fell giddy with all the quiet and lack of interuptions here. Completed some necessary church and school council stuff. Many calls made. Lunch being ingested. I will clean the kitchen and then work at Avon stuff while AMC is on.

Been seeing nice changes with my kids. They aren’t loving some of the new attention they are getting because I am able to follow thu on some negative issues,thankfully short lived.

HUGS!!!!!!
Old 10-23-2006, 05:30 PM   #12  
RNMOM

Default Well, helloooo long lost friends!

So many new faces! I don't know if I'll ever get caught up. I've been drowning in busyness and finally have a day to call my own. I'm taking 8 credits this semester and will finish next semester, I started a new job 1 day a week at a skin care clinic (we do microderm, botox, restylane, eyelash extensions...............stuff like that) and I'm still full time in the ER. Anyway, I got way overloaded and overwhelmed. I think I'm into a routine now and hope that I can stay ahead.

I may have been absent for a bit, but I haven't been far from the beach. Today is the end of phase one for me. I head for phase two tomorrow with a bit of nervousness. I don't do well with adding the carbs, so I'm trying to figure out how NOT to sabatoge my efforts this past two weeks. I'm thinking I'll do the carb at night, hopefully I'll be in bed asleep before the cravings kick in. I lost 13.5 in phase one and want to get into the next "decade" before the end of the month.

Anyway, Hi to all of ya!
Closed Thread