I think I might need some help.

• Hi. I've been an SBer since August 17th, and have plateau-ed (SP?) in the last few weeks. I've lost 17 pounds and can't get the scale to budge. I had added in 1 fruit (week 3) and then 1/2 cup oatmeal (week 2) and did not add anything else back in. I stopped losing weight about three weeks ago. So, I cut the oatmeal back out again but kept the fruit. I have also cut my portions down, too. And added 10 - 20 minutes of walking until I can sustain a 30 minute workout. I'm upset because my sister, who had so much less to lose than I did, lost 30 pounds with no exercise and eating the same as me. She has maybe 10 more pounds to go, and I have about 100. So, why am I not losing weight and she is?
  • First of all.stop comparing your loss to that of your sister. Everyone has a different metabolism.

Next, please post a detailed menu (with quantities) on this thread so we can all take a look at it. Perhaps we can spot something amiss.

Pat yourself on the back! A 17 pound loss in two months is not at all shabby! An average of two pounds per week is a good safe rate of loss. Right now your body may be doing a bit of a re-org before you drop more.

Hang in there and come here to get and give support. We're all in this together.
  • Okay, here is what I eat basically every day (And I'm fine with it, variety issues are not a big deal for me):

B: 2 hard-boiled eggs, coffee with cream and splenda, 1 cup of non-fat vanilla yogurt.

I very rarely eat a snack and if I do it is usually an apple.

Lunch: Will have a portion of whatever was left over for dinner - usually one serving (4-5 ozs) of protein and a salad with dressing and extra veggies.

Dinner: Same as lunch usually, with an extra serving of veggies.

Snack: I usually always eat 1/2 to 1/3 cup of pudding with a dallop of cool whip mixed in for a treat.

This is my normal, everyday menu - I tend not to vary it because I'm satisfied when I eat it.
  • Well, I don't see any legumes. Be careful of the pudding - can I assume it's fat and sugar free? Looks like you need to add more veggies - not salad greens but real veggies. A cup of V8 at breakfast will help or you could make egg salad and have it on pepper pieces.

Perhaps you could run your menu through www.fitday.com for a day or two to see what the calorie and carb/fat/protein balance is.