Thanksgiving in Canada - HELP

• I'm on P1 and have to make a thanksgiving meal for my family. I'm hoping that there are some suggestions out there as to how to make the dinner so that I don't have to be overly tempted by all the fixings. I can handle not eating the potatoes and have already told my BF that I won't be doing that, but I will make them for him. Am I doomed to just turkey, cauliflower and brussel sprouts?

Any suggestions / recipies any one has sure would be greatly appreciated.
  • Hey, mgb4t!

There are tons of great recipes and ideas in our forum, but some seem hidden! Here's are some great older threads that may help:

Worried about Winter and the Holidays

Thanksgiving is Coming Up

Here are links to threads in the Recipe Forum on Holiday Recipes:

Low Carb Holiday Appetizers

Low Carb Holiday Main Dishes

Low Carb Holiday Side Dishes

Low Carb Holiday Desserts

You can make a delicious pumpkin custard (basically just the middle of the pumpkin pie) for yourself for dessert...you can make some kind of gravy with arrowroot to thicken it, I bet, and you can enjoy lots of different veggies. It's hard to do a holiday on P1, I admit. Good for you for sticking with it!

On P2, Thanksgiving is SUPER easy! I have the most fabulous recipe for stuffing that I used last year at my in-laws. Everyone loved it! I'll have to post it and put a link here for you. I also make this amazing pumpkin ginger tart that is to die for! WW crust, splenda, and a tiny splurge with a miniscule amount of candied ginger on top. Yum!

You can make roasted new/red potatoes if you absolutely have to have them, but sweet potatoes can be a great stand in! And of course, you can make WW rolls that are delicious!

What really changed for me at the holidays after SBD is eating a LOT more veggies...it makes a huge difference! I end up full and satisfied, but not overstuffed, gassy, bloated, and uncomfortable, like I was before SBD. It's a much more pleasant sensation now!

Plus, learning to focus on other parts of the holiday that don't have to do with food, like seeing famiily, going for a walk, playing pool, singing songs, playing games outside, like bocce, badminton, or volleyball (depending on your weather) is great, too!

I know, with some planning, you'll get through it!