3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   South Beach Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/south-beach-diet-110/)
-   -   I'm so tired of.. (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/south-beach-diet/95233-im-so-tired.html)

sarahyu 10-03-2006 03:36 PM

I'm so tired of..

people telling me "I gained weight on that diet of yours." or "after I started the diet of yours my cholesterol went through the roof."

Like it's my personal diet that I created and it's my fault they can't follow simple eating guidelines. I used to take the time to analyze thier diets to see where they went wrong but now I'm so tired of it that I just shrug it off and tell them SBD worked wonders for me. I didn't gain weight and my cholesterol didn't go up. Don't know why it's not working for you. (When I'm secretly thinking, 'it's not my fault you can't read a book and follow directions.')

Anyone else get these comments? And what do you say back?

Sarah

Get n healthy 10-03-2006 04:50 PM

Not with south beach but my sister had the SAME thing happen on atkins...she lost LOTS of weight and everybody around her tried to do the same and they would say, "i gained weight this week on your diet." WHen she asked them what they were eating their answers were something like, "I didnt order much bacon since i had an english muffin with it" and she used to get SO perterbed. She would explained to EVERY single one...well you should have doubled up on the bacon and omitted the english muffin but eventually she just gave up and said, "read the book next time"...too funny.

sarahyu 10-03-2006 05:01 PM

I had one person tell me what they were eating and they had not one serving of vegetables all day. They were eating all meat, eggs, cheese and dairy including 1/2 C to 1 C of that ricotta dessert...???? did you not read the label? Oh, I forgot they did have guacomole-avacodo is a vegetable right? I would try to explain 4 1/2 cups of veggies a day and they'd say "where does it say that in the book?" (like I have the book memorized so I can quote chapter and verse.) And get all defensive because I dared contradict what they believed was right.

And eat until satisified...People don't get that. They read it as eat until you are full and can't eat another bite because that's how they usually eat. They don't understand it as "eat until you aren't hungry anymore."

Oh, well if you do it correctly it works. If you chose to make your own way it may or may not work but don't come whining to me because it doesn't work.

Sarah

RMT 10-03-2006 05:01 PM

I had a friend that use to ask me all about it - then decided she didn't want to go on it - then a co worker of hers told her about it and that she lost weight so on the diet she went - then she would do nothing but complain to me about how she doesn't like this or that - there is nothing to eat on this diet you told me about - or I only had 2 regular pepsi's or only 3 Hershey Kisses - WHATEVER

Somethings work for some people and somthings don't

sarahyu 10-03-2006 05:10 PM

Quote:

there is nothing to eat on this diet you told me about
Yes, I get that comment a lot also. I don't understand it at all, I've greatly increased the variety of foods I eat regularly. It just doesn't include Pop Tarts, McDonalds or Burger King on a regular basis. It might be for a treat but I find that I don't enjoy the taste of some things after I've been away from them for awhile.

chellez 10-03-2006 06:40 PM

After I told a friend of mine that I was starting SB cause my close gf had lost 55 pounds with it she started reading all these articles on the internet and going crazy. I really think she wanted me to do weight watchers but I'm still under the impression that you gain alot back once you stop weight watchers.

She was just not grasping that SB is not only a diet.... it's a lifestyle. It even says that in the book! I think one of the major complaints I heard from her is that an article somewhere said Phase 1 of SB is dangerous when you are trying to start up exercising because there's not alot of carbs. (They also included Atkins) I haven't had any problems exercising, just really my motivation to get out there and do it. :dizzy:

quagmire 10-06-2006 05:52 PM

Unless you have some sort of genetic condition or failing organ, you will most definitely lose weight if you follow this diet to a T. The only reasons I've heard of friends and family being unsuccessful is because they didn't make it more than a week on the diet. So, duh, of course it didn't work.

You really have to get past phase one to really see the big results. I probably lost maybe 12 lbs in Phase 1, but Phase 2 was where it really started to fall off.

I think the biggest problem is that people just don't find the time to cook for themselves. Too many people have gotten into the 'order out' or 'pop it in the microwave' mentality when it comes to eating - and none of that food is anywhere close to being good for you.