South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 09-29-2006, 05:56 AM   #1  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Default TGIF Chat - Sept. 29

Well, Lucy yelped at 4 so I've been awake. That coffee is sure good this morning.

It is still raining here - the weather report says "drizzle with showers". I am going to take off around 8:30, drop the Girls at 4PawsInn, pay a quick visit to Harry, go to Brockville for a haircut, do some shopping, grab lunch and then hit that lonesome highway 401 for Montreal! I'm spending the weekend with Crazy Cousin Cathy or CCC as we all call her. She is one of the liveliest people I know and terribly funny. I know I will be aching from laughing tomorrow.

Try for a little TGIF sunshine today! I need to do doggie duties, eat something and throw something into my wee suitcase that is not garden pants and t-shirts! Why have I never finished that turquoise silk shirt!

Enjoy your weekend. I may be peeking in so be good!
Old 09-29-2006, 06:37 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Enjoy your weekend visit with your cousin, Ruth, and I do hope the weather improves for your drive. Take your time and have a safe trip.

It's a dark rainy morning here, too. I'm going to Curves, then coming home to get my cleaning done before I go pick up the girls. After lunch, Cindy and I are taking them to the Mall to pick out their Halloween costumes and get some decorations for their playroom. We made some lovely collages with colored leaves yesterday, and that got them started on wanting to decorate the entire room for Fall.

I'm still going strong staying OP, but the scale hasn't budged yet, darn! I did lose the 4 lbs I pledged for my Sept. goal, though, so I'm happy with that.

What's everyone doing today? I'm dying for a cup of coffee, but I have to wait til after Curves for that. It makes me want to pee too much! (I had to share that with you.)
Old 09-29-2006, 07:37 AM   #3  
RMT
1x on Lips 4ever on hips

S/C/G: 130/125/115

Height: 5'5"

Good Morning Chickies.

Yucky here too - and a cold 40 out.
Ruth - hope you have a great time this week - nothing better than a great weekend full of laughs!!!!

Cottage - Halloween costumes - how much fun!!! Don't worry about the scale - it is all in how you feel!!!!!

well must get back to work.

Bring over some coffee and lets all chat a bit -
Old 09-29-2006, 09:04 AM   #4  

Darn, I just made a long post and lost it!!! Anyway, the housework is still waiting to be done. I stopped in for a coffee with my Mom & Dad after Curves. They love it when I stop by, they still treat me like I'm their little girl. I'm really fortunate to have them living so close-by.

RMT, here's a coffee for you! I'm enjoying a second cup right now, too. BTW, where is Bellefonte? Are you in central PA?
Old 09-29-2006, 09:12 AM   #5  
Live, Laugh, Love

Height: 5'3"

Well, the day has arrived. Molly is getting married today. I have my dress, my corset thingy, my makeup, deodorant, lotion, jewelry... I don't think I need anything else besides my purse. Terry's covering the camera and card.

It's going to be a loooooooong day.

And Terry's not doing so well. Yesterday when he went to the lunchroom at work, everyone kept saying "Where's Mark?" because that's usually who Terry sat with at lunch. Nobody had seen him all day, so the boss ladies thought they should see what was going on because it wasn't like Mark not to show up. They went to his house and found his front door kicked in, and discovered his body in the living room... strangled. I just met him last week when we had dinner together. Terry had lunch with him Wednesday. He's pretty bummed out, I think more than he wants to let on. It's really sad. He was such a nice guy. Terry's wearing his black scrubs to work today. Poor thing.

So prayers all around, please, those of you who pray. Pray that Molly's wedding goes smoothly, and for Terry's loss of a friend.

Thanks. Talk soon girlies.

Lisa
Old 09-29-2006, 09:34 AM   #6  

Oh, Lisa, that's just terrible! I'm sure Terry is going to need a lot of hugs and TLC to get through this. I will definitely say a prayer for all of you. You'll be in my thoughts today.
Old 09-29-2006, 10:29 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 214/210/164

Height: 5'0"

Just a quick note, ladies! We're running tax statements today, so stuffing, stuffing, stuffing!! I'll check back in after work!!

Have a great day!!
Old 09-29-2006, 10:54 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 214/210/164

Height: 5'0"

Okay, I'm back for a real reply. (Break in the printing!)

Lisa: What a terrible situation! I will be praying for all people involved. I hope you and Terry are able to enjoy Molly's wedding in spite of all of this. Here's a hug and some love for your day!!

Cottage: What a great feeling when Mom & Dad are still Mom & Dad! I prefer it when my parents treat me like their daughter instead of trying to be my friend. I appreciate it, but I still need all the guidance their willing to give me! (Plus, getting spoiled when I visit them is really nice as well! )

RMT: Here's some coffee! WISH I could stay and chat! Been running around so much this morning that my cupajoe's cold and nobody's had time to put on another pot! Guess it's up to me!!

Ruth: CCC sounds like my kinda person!! I hope you laugh all weekend long!!!

As for me, the weekend will be fine. It's the last few days of P1 and I'm SO excited!! We're heading to Sanderson to stay with DH's buddy. We have a lot of fun when it's just the three of us!!

I joined a challenge for October on another forum I frequent (not as much as this one, though!). I think it will be a huge motivator as we are put into teams and I'll be held accountable to someone else. I think it will really give me a push to be my best for Oct. I'll probably do one every month if this goes well. I'm really excited!!

No weight loss since weigh-in Monday, but it's that TOM, so I'm not really worried. If I do well this weekend, I'm sure I'll see a difference next Monday when I check again!!

Have a very Beachin' Day everyone!!
Old 09-29-2006, 11:25 AM   #9  
beachbum

Good Morning Ladies

We're having crazy weather up here today. Suppose to have terrible thunder storms that blewn out to sea,& now it back again.YIKE!!!I'm going out to our senor center for our monthy ice cream social. Of course I can't have any,being on Phase 1.5. Can't believe I'm up on the scale this morning and I have no idea where is coming from. I returned back on my food journal and I don't see anything wrong.I'm not involved with TOM anymore so that out
Maybe I should lower my carbs or go back to Phase 1. for the next several days as I W-I on Sunday. What do you think??????

Ruth-Have a wonderful weekend with your cousin,Its raining here too.I think the weekend is going to be a washout.

Cottage-Congrats on getting your sept[4lbs] goal done. I have two more to go. Have fun picking out Halloween outfits. I LOVE seeing the kids in there customes as they so diiferent when I was a child,but the kids don't come around anymore the towns have parties for the children oon the town hall grounds.

RMT-Have fun at work, the weekend is almost here.

Lisa-So sorry to hear about Terrys friend our prayers & good thought are on there way.

Kim-Gook luck with your Oct. Challenge

Have to get reach for the social

Hugs BB
Old 09-29-2006, 01:17 PM   #10  

Lisa - That is so horrible. I imagine it will be very hard for Terry.

I've been really busy getting ready for the camping trip. And then Brian wasn't feeling well this morning (sore throat, fever) so I took him in to get checked and he has strep. He doesn't feel that bad so we'll just play it by ear on whether he gets to go and for how long tomorrow. The camping tonight was just my den leader and I so that we could get things set up for the midway. Brian will be on the antibiotics for 24 hours so he might be okay to come for the day and we'll see if he is up to staying the night.

I better go post the October exercise challenge since I won't be back on the computer until Monday probably. I'll post the queen early next week.
Old 09-29-2006, 07:27 PM   #11  
Skinny(er) by Thirty?

S/C/G: 192.2/163.8/154/135

Height: 5' 6"

Whew! I have been largely absent lately. Sorry ladies.

Still love the beach, but if I keep cheating in the cafeteria at school, I may have to start October off with a return to phase 1!

Just got glasses, and have been adjusting to that. But happily celebrating 25 lbs total! Nearly to the halfway point! (4 lbs till I pass that!).

Keep up the good work!
Closed Thread